Fantasy Premier League 22/23

jlEOnAY.jpg

Opinions? I've changed the team about ten times over the last day :lol:

Tried to fit Haaland in but it means pairing him with somebody average up top or sacrificing somebody in midfield but I can't take out Salah or Son as their consistency season after season is too high IMO. Not too sure about Wilson but they've got a few good opening fixtures and if he can stay fit he'll hopefully bag a few. 5 at the back for the opening games simply because of the fixtures. Terrible? Should I change the entire thing again? Only thing I'm dead set on is the three in midfield, above for Salah and Son and I think Sancho could be our best player this season and good value at his current price, think he's guaranteed more game time than Rashford who is cheaper. I can't help but look at the lineup though and still question it massively ffs :lol:
Spent 3m too much on your bench, which allows you to upgrade, Robertson to TAA, Cash to Cancelo and Burn to Trippier

Sanchez
Trent, Robertson, Dias, Walker
Salah, Son, Martinelli, Grealish
Jesus, Martial

its ok
I feel like a bit of a lemon coming across well established FPL folk like yourself and preaching how this is the year of the big strikers.. But no Kane or Haaland?

I had Martial in mine but worried we will buy a forward or keep ronaldo and itl put his place in doubt.

It’s starting to come together now! I think Laporte might miss the start of the season, so keep an eye on that. I still think you could do with one of TAA/Cancelo/Robertson as they are 200 points players.

Maybe drop down Saka to Martinelli for that 2 million saving? And use that to bring in one of the big boys at the back.

I've done another overhaul. Might drop Henderson for Sanchez or Raya, but i think he's going to have a good year, he has a lot to prove.

Also, Since I squeezed them in, I just don't want to drop any of the front 3. If it comes to it I could drop Haaland or Kane for Son/Salah and throw someone else like Wilson or Alvarez up top, will see how it goes.

But, think this could be it.

Henderson / Forster
Robertson, TAA, Cucurella, Cancelo, Collins
Saka, Rashford, Benrahma, Murphy, Andreas
Kane, Jesus, Haaland

I've done another overhaul. Might drop Henderson for Sanchez or Raya, but i think he's going to have a good year, he has a lot to prove.

Also, Since I squeezed them in, I just don't want to drop any of the front 3. If it comes to it I could drop Haaland or Kane for Son/Salah and throw someone else like Wilson or Alvarez up top, will see how it goes.

Henderson / Forster
Kane, Jesus, Haaland
There are lots of permutations but that’s ok. Very strong defence, very strong attack and an ok midfield. All I’d say is keep an eye on Rashford and Benrahma, both places under threat

Henderson / Forster
Kane, Jesus, Haaland

I think that’s far and away your best effort yet. As @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson said, a few of those players could have their positions threatened (Cucurella (if he moves), Rashford, Benrahma) but that’s a really nice team. Most people will be fielding someone who isn’t nailed. Cracking defence and great attack!

Trash bench but it is what it is.

Taking a bit of a risk with defence, but I'm sure Saliba will be starting or he will become a regular very quickly. An underrated steal at just £4.5.

I could swap Salah for Son later on if he performs better and invest any excess into the defence. Also may consider Saka dropping for Odegaard who I think will perform very well this season.

I wanted a United player in there, but they are just so expensive.

Screenshot-2022-07-26-010443.png

Last edited:
I think my team core is set, it just comes down to if I also want Salah in there too or not.. I’d love some help!

Alisson
James TAA Dias Zinchenko
Sancho Diaz Martinelli
Haaland Kane Jesus

OR

Alisson
Cash Robertson Dias Zinchenko
Salah Neto Bailey
Haaland Kane Jesus

Do we really see Salah and the bolded players combining for more points than TAA and the bolded players? Or even the same amount of points?

I think my team core is set, it just comes down to if I also want Salah in there too or not.. I’d love some help!

Alisson
James TAA Dias Zinchenko
Sancho Diaz Martinelli
Haaland Kane Jesus

OR

Alisson
Cash Robertson Dias Zinchenko
Salah Neto Bailey
Haaland Kane Jesus

Do we really see Salah and the bolded players combining for more points than TAA and the bolded players? Or even the same amount of points?
@Moby this is all cuz you’ve convinced me to have Salah

Trash bench but it is what it is.

Taking a bit of a risk with defence, but I'm sure Saliba will be starting or he will become a regular very quickly. An underrated steal at just £4.5.

I could swap Salah for Son later on if he performs better and invest any excess into the defence. Also may consider Saka dropping for Odegaard who I think will perform very well this season.

I wanted a United player in there, but they are just so expensive.

Screenshot-2022-07-26-010443.png
The reason you go with a premium keeper is the idea that you are going to play with him every week. So you don’t need another playable keeper to rotate. Spending 10.0 on keepers is just a waste.

The reason you go with a premium keeper is the idea that you are going to play with him every week. So you don’t need another playable keeper to rotate. Spending 10.0 on keepers is just a waste.
You're absolutely right, I completely forgot keepers can be had for £4.0.

Need to do more tinkering.

Now I have 0.5 to spare and don't know how to upgrade, might save the money.

You're absolutely right, I completely forgot keepers can be had for £4.0.

Need to do more tinkering.
Also no one knows if Bernardo is going to start. If you’re hell bent on City option, Grealish is better at 7.0. Also is Saliba going to start?

Also no one knows if Bernardo is going to start. If you’re hell bent on City option, Grealish is better at 7.0. Also is Saliba going to start?
Yep, the risk is that I think Saliba will start. I think he is the best defender at the club despite not kicking a ball. Call me biased but it's a risk I want to take.

Bernado good shout, I shall think about it.

Yep, the risk is that I think Saliba will start. I think he is the best defender at the club despite not kicking a ball. Call me biased but it's a risk I want to take.

Bernado good shout, I shall think about it.
Is Tomiyasu not fit? Has he featured in preseason yet? I have for my team but if he isn’t fit I need to take him out.

Is Tomiyasu not fit? Has he featured in preseason yet? I have for my team but if he isn’t fit I need to take him out.
Not fit and unlikely to start.
I think the defence will be the same as the friendly against Chelsea.

white - Saliba - Gabriel - zinchenko.

Saliba should start against Palace in my opinion.

No Tierney either?

both fullbacks injury prone. Main reason why we got zinchenko and why our top 4 prospects imploded. He will start ahead of tierney even when fit. Mind you both will get plenty of games in other comps.

both fullbacks injury prone. Main reason why we got zinchenko and why our top 4 prospects imploded. He will start ahead of tierney even when fit. Mind you both will get plenty of games in other comps.
Gotcha. Thanks for the updates!

I feel like a bit of a lemon coming across well established FPL folk like yourself and preaching how this is the year of the big strikers.. But no Kane or Haaland?

I had Martial in mine but worried we will buy a forward or keep ronaldo and itl put his place in doubt.
There's Son instead of Kane and can't afford Haaland after getting Son and Salah.

Yeah. Salah is a must. Especially as he's the GW1 captain for most and known to be a strong starter. You don't wanna be looking at a 4-5m rank after GW1. :lol:

Just interesting my friend went no Salah last year. Salah got 17 points, but my friend got over 100 points with Bruno captain instead.

So even the worst case scenario that Salah scores 15 + points may not be bad as long as you nail a captain with more points and there are many good ones.

That captain can be Son, Kane or even Haaland. Maybe even a United player.

Last edited:
Palace v Arsenal season starter on a Friday night. Remember Palace being good at home especially on weekday evening games, won't be surprised if Arsenal get trounced after all the hype.

Palace v Arsenal season starter on a Friday night. Remember Palace being good at home especially on weekday evening games, won't be surprised if Arsenal get trounced after all the hype.
Arsenal GK and Def is a big no-no in my book, I have them similar to Newcastle in that they will be largely unpredictable at the start of the season

There are lots of permutations but that’s ok. Very strong defence, very strong attack and an ok midfield. All I’d say is keep an eye on Rashford and Benrahma, both places under threat

I think that’s far and away your best effort yet. As @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson said, a few of those players could have their positions threatened (Cucurella (if he moves), Rashford, Benrahma) but that’s a really nice team. Most people will be fielding someone who isn’t nailed. Cracking defence and great attack!

I got rid of Rashford and Benrahma, Collins and Cucurella.

Now have.

Henderson, Forster

TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, Jansen, Tomkins

Saka, Sancho, Bruno G., Murphy, Andreas

Haaland, Jesus, Kane.

Ramsdale
TAA Dier James Cancelo
Salah Diaz Neto Rashford
Jesus Haaland

Thoughts on this side?
Looks quite solid. Ramsdale over Mendy might prove to be a good pick given how 'off' Chelsea look.
Covering all the resolute teams pretty much - although I wonder how much additional value Dier will provide over say, Dalot as a cavalier RB? The extra 0.5 could enable you to upgrade GK to Ederson

Arsenal GK and Def is a big no-no in my book, I have them similar to Newcastle in that they will be largely unpredictable at the start of the season

Just interesting to look at bookies. Don't get me wrong usually good FPL managers beat the bookies odds by smart pick and the bookies can be horribly wrong like with United last year when they always expected us to perform like a top 6 defensive side.

For clean sheet chances in first 2 games we have the following ranking for most likely sides.

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Man United
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Villa
7 Newcastle
8 Spurs
9 Wolves

This is just the first 2 weeks and if you move further forward Arsenal picks are even better.

I think Chelsea are probably a side to bet against since I think they overrate them as clear favorites vs Spurs due to playing at home. Spurs also underestimated as well.
Still James and Chilwell are so attacking that I want one of them.

Personally it is between Dalot and Zinchencho right now. I trust Arsenal more than us in the long run, but no doubt our first two games are good.

Robertson, Grealish, Rashford
OR
Luis Diaz, Sancho, Walker

Ignoring potential rotation and assuming they are all nailed. Strictly on points in the first two.

Draft #567

Ramsdale (Gazzaniga)
TAA James Dalot Cancelo (Patterson)
Salah Sancho Bailey Mahrez (Andreas)
Kane Jesus (Greenwood)

Mahrez and Bailey punts in that one. Could bottle it and put it one of the more nailed £8m mids but we'll see.

Looks quite solid. Ramsdale over Mendy might prove to be a good pick given how 'off' Chelsea look.
Covering all the resolute teams pretty much - although I wonder how much additional value Dier will provide over say, Dalot as a cavalier RB? The extra 0.5 could enable you to upgrade GK to Ederson
Thanks for the advice mate, and I do agree with you in many respects. It’s just that I felt compelled to have Spurs coverage, and Son and Kane are obviously impossible if I follow the template of Cancelo, TAA, Salah and Haaland. Also, putting Dalot in means that I’m essentially depending on whether Lisandro hits the ground running or not, considering the way in which we’ve defended and De Gea has played in pre-season so far. Only a little bit of improvement relative to the incredible uptick in performance that Ten Hag has managed to stimulate going forward.

Funnily enough though, if I do go for Dalot instead of Dier, I might opt for Lloris over Ederson, although I don’t think many players will follow suit with that move.

Just been tinkering and still no idea what team to have. Currently gone with:

Sanchez
Dalot, Trippier, Cash, Robertson, Cancelo
Salah, Sancho, Rashford
Jesus, Kane

Steele, Mitrovic, Colback, Andreas

I will likely change half of these but I can’t really not have Salah. Keep switching between Haaland/Kane/Son and Rashford/Dalot look great value for money at 6.5 and 4.5 respectively (if we play as well as I’m hoping).

Sanchez
Salah, Sancho, Rashford
Jesus, Kane

I will likely change half of these but I can’t really not have Salah. Keep switching between Haaland/Kane/Son and Rashford/Dalot look great value for money at 6.5 and 4.5 respectively (if we play as well as I’m hoping).

Looks pretty tidy. What gw's are you planning to play Mitro in and who sits out?

I just made a Threemium draft which I don't particularly hate. No £8m mids though and no Chelsea though...

Ramsdale (Gazz)
Dalot Robertson Cancelo Zinchenko (Patterson)
Salah Sancho Martinelli Bailey (Andreas)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

Sanchez
Salah, Sancho, Rashford
Jesus, Kane

It is high risk reward team with 3 United, but it can be quite a ride.

I would do Rashford to Neto and Trippier to James if you want similar team.

I think going with Sanchez is not ideal either, but yeah he might be the best 4.5 over longer time after he start against us.

Thanks for the advice mate, and I do agree with you in many respects. It’s just that I felt compelled to have Spurs coverage, and Son and Kane are obviously impossible if I follow the template of Cancelo, TAA, Salah and Haaland. Also, putting Dalot in means that I’m essentially depending on whether Lisandro hits the ground running or not, considering the way in which we’ve defended and De Gea has played in pre-season so far. Only a little bit of improvement relative to the incredible uptick in performance that Ten Hag has managed to stimulate going forward.

Funnily enough though, if I do go for Dalot instead of Dier, I might opt for Lloris over Ederson, although I don’t think many players will follow suit with that move.
Yeah, you cant have much qualms about your side. It's a solid set up.

I on the other hand am going nuts with Darwin shoehorned into my side :lol: I have so many iterations but my latest:

Raya

Trent
Cancelo
White
Dalot

Salah
Rashford
Grealish

Jesus
Kane
Darwin

^ I am the only nutter doing this :lol: I know that realistically Darwin will be a donkey for the first few games. But I think Fulham (A) as a first fixture can get him confident early on. If I moved him out, I can upgrade Raya to Ederson and I can upgrade White to James. So RATIONALLY I should make those moves. And here I am sitting here like a lemon boning Darwinfecking Nunez on FPL. I'm a mess :lol: