Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Yeah, but APART from that, no issues? :)

I am always wary to give too much advice because I am no expert. I watch some of those FPL channels and they say “I won’t change the team away from what the person wants to do” before changing their team to the template every time for the next 20 minutes!

I wouldn’t go for Bruno in midfield, for example. But I don’t think it is terrible, especially if Ronny leaves. If I were him, and I wanted to keep those United players and have faith, I would downgrade Mbuemo and Bernardo and fix the defence.

No issues with Haaland, Saka, Salah, or even the extreme faith in United, if that’s how they feel.

Defence definitely can’t start like that though:nervous:

I think that defence needs some work mate. White is a doubt to start with Gabriel/Saliba in pre-season. Guehi’s opening fixtures are horrendous, Tanganga looks close to leaving the club and Reguillon has two players in front of him in the pecking order.

Well it's different I'll give you that.

Yeah, fook it. I changed it while waiting in the dentist.

Henderson, Forster

Jansson, Ait Nouri, Botman, Dalot, Tomkins

Rashford, Saka, Rice, Bernardo, Son

Kane, Jesus, Haaland

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Current draft:

Sanchez

Trippier, TAA, James, Laporte, Cancelo

Salah, Lingard, Sancho

Jesus, Kane

Bench: Steele, 4.5m x 3

0.5m ITB for any changes

What do you think?

Yeah, fook it. I changed it while waiting in the dentist.

Henderson, Forster

Jansson, Ait Nouri, Botman, Dalot, Tomkins

Rashford, Saka, Rice, Bernardo, Son

Kane, Jesus, Haaland

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Get rid of Rice and Bernardo, both play too far back to be consistency among the goals. Whack them both down to 4.5 million and use that money to upgrade that back line. Play 4-3-3.

Get rid of Rice and Bernardo, both play too far back to be consistency among the goals. Whack them both down to 4.5 million and use that money to upgrade that back line. Play 4-3-3.

Cheers, I generally don't take this too seriously but this year I think I might put in some effort.

Now have this, bold will be the starting

Henderson, Forster

James, Laporte, Collins, Dalot, Tomkins

Rashford, Saka, Son, Andreas, Murphy

Jesus, Haaland, Kane

Cheers, I generally don't take this too seriously but this year I think I might put in some effort.

Now have this, bold will be the starting

Henderson, Forster

James, Laporte, Collins, Dalot, Tomkins

Rashford, Saka, Son, Andreas, Murphy

Jesus, Haaland, Kane

It’s starting to come together now! I think Laporte might miss the start of the season, so keep an eye on that. I still think you could do with one of TAA/Cancelo/Robertson as they are 200 points players.

Maybe drop down Saka to Martinelli for that 2 million saving? And use that to bring in one of the big boys at the back.

3 Liverpool. 3 City. 2 Arsenal.

Alisson
TAA Dias Cancelo Trippier Cash
Salah Mahrez Martinelli
Jesus Kane

Latest draft switching to a 433 instead of 523 with 0.5m in the bank

Alisson Gazza
James TAA Dias Zinchenko Neco
Sancho Diaz Martinelli Pereira Colback
Haaland Kane Jesus

My plan so far is to substitute Sancho for Mahrez when we play liverpool and then swap them back in 3/4 GWs when the fixture difficulty switches back between United & City

I could also use the 0.5m to bring in Dalot in place of Neco and keep him as a substitute but I really don’t see him coming in for my starting 11 who are all guaranteed starters so my plan is to keep 0.5m in the bank and use it when I swap Sancho & Mahrez and just do a double transfer if needed. Perhaps a reserve goalie or a better FB in place of Neco or maybe a 5m midfielder

I just figured playing 5 defenders can be risky if they don’t keep clean sheets and I prefer Alisson over Robertson as my third liverpool player anyways because for me a solid GK is a must and Alisson saves way more than Ederson and also allows me to use 7m from excluding Robertson on a cheaper FB (Zinchenko) and upgrade Neto to Sancho/Mahrez who let’s be honest will score same as or more than Neto most weeks.

Edit: I also noticed Zinchenko cutting in a lot during Arsenals last game so he could have a similar output as Robertson anyways which is why I’m taking such a risk. I see him being more involved in attacks for Arsenal while the other FB stays back more often

What's up with Joto, is he going to get better or what?
He was injured last I checked.. I think he’ll be a backup for Diaz and Firmino will be backup to Nunez.. if anything Jota and Firmino will also start cup games etc

Latest draft switching to a 433 instead of 523 with 0.5m in the bank

Alisson Gazza
James TAA Dias Zinchenko Neco
Sancho Diaz Martinelli Pereira Colback
Haaland Kane Jesus

My plan so far is to substitute Sancho for Mahrez when we play liverpool and then swap them back in 3/4 GWs when the fixture difficulty switches back between United & City

I could also use the 0.5m to bring in Dalot in place of Neco and keep him as a substitute but I really don’t see him coming in for my starting 11 who are all guaranteed starters so my plan is to keep 0.5m in the bank and use it when I swap Sancho & Mahrez and just do a double transfer if needed. Perhaps a reserve goalie or a better FB in place of Neco or maybe a 5m midfielder

I just figured playing 5 defenders can be risky if they don’t keep clean sheets and I prefer Alisson over Robertson as my third liverpool player anyways because for me a solid GK is a must and Alisson saves way more than Ederson and also allows me to use 7m from excluding Robertson on a cheaper FB (Zinchenko) and upgrade Neto to Sancho/Mahrez who let’s be honest will score same as or more than Neto most weeks.

Edit: I also noticed Zinchenko cutting in a lot during Arsenals last game so he could have a similar output as Robertson anyways which is why I’m taking such a risk. I see him being more involved in attacks for Arsenal while the other FB stays back more often
I like the team and can see generally people be more tempted away from 5 at the back.

I would consider sancho to Rashford and upgrading to Cancelo at the back personally.

I like the team and can see generally people be more tempted away from 5 at the back.

I would consider sancho to Rashford and upgrading to Cancelo at the back personally.
Thanks mate and tbh I have considered your recommendation previously as well but for me Rashford will most likely be the first player to be substituted while Sancho may end up playing 90 mins most often this season.. besides, Cancelo will be great going forward but at 7m it’s a huge risk..

However I’m still open to bringing Cancelo in.. but it’ll be in place of Martinelli most likely as I don’t want 3 Arsenal players firstly and secondly I have high hopes in Neto and Bailey as decent bench players while Sancho will be for swapping with Mahrez later on in the season

Starting to feel like I want Jesus in but the sacrifice to get him in would be losing Rashford and Reece James

Would mean moving from a 541 to a 532 and downgrading James to a cheap 4.5m defender

Starting to feel like I want Jesus in but the sacrifice to get him in would be losing Rashford and Reece James

Would mean moving from a 541 to a 532 and downgrading James to a cheap 4.5m defender
It would be nice to see your team and recommend changes.. for reference you can look at my latest draft above in the posts and I have both Jesus and James and can easily afford Rashford too if I took out Martinelli

Walker Grealish Martial are huge risks! They all will definitely not be guaranteed starters
Yeah it depends on what happens at each club but as of now they are looking ok.

My main tinker is still the 'socks on while sex' draft:

Ederson
Trent, Robertson, Dias, Perisic
Salah, Kulu, Martinelli, Bailey
Haaland, Jesus

Yeah it depends on what happens at each club but as of now they are looking ok.

My main tinker is still the 'socks on while sex' draft:

Ederson
Trent, Robertson, Dias, Perisic
Salah, Kulu, Martinelli, Bailey
Haaland, Jesus
I think I marginally prefer the Grealish draft better just cuz I think he’ll play and score more even as a sub risk compared to Kulu..

On a side note - I decided to go without Salah this season just cuz of how expensive he is but based on your draft, you prefer him over Kane/Son?

Raya
TAA, Cancelo, Digne, Jonny
Salah, Neto, Bailey
Haaland, Kane, Jesus

4.0GK, Williams, Andreas, 4.5mid.
Best attempt at a completely unbalanced draft with as many big hitters as possible.

I think I marginally prefer the Grealish draft better just cuz I think he’ll play and score more even as a sub risk compared to Kulu..

On a side note - I decided to go without Salah this season just cuz of how expensive he is but based on your draft, you prefer him over Kane/Son?
Salah? Yeah 100%. Fresh and rested and now pretty much the sole carrier of the attack with Mane gone - it's free points. Also Firmino will likely start as the striker at least early on as per some Liverpool fans who don't think Klopp will throw in Darwin from the off, and Firmino's style suits Salah playing a forward role even more. Also Salah isn't going to the WC, so Klopp will happily play him most games.

Spurs have improved but they ain't no Liverpool especially with good fixtures. I am more inclined to remove Haaland for Kane/Son but no way Salah goes unless injured.

jlEOnAY.jpg

Opinions? I've changed the team about ten times over the last day :lol:

Tried to fit Haaland in but it means pairing him with somebody average up top or sacrificing somebody in midfield but I can't take out Salah or Son as their consistency season after season is too high IMO. Not too sure about Wilson but they've got a few good opening fixtures and if he can stay fit he'll hopefully bag a few. 5 at the back for the opening games simply because of the fixtures. Terrible? Should I change the entire thing again? Only thing I'm dead set on is the three in midfield, above for Salah and Son and I think Sancho could be our best player this season and good value at his current price, think he's guaranteed more game time than Rashford who is cheaper. I can't help but look at the lineup though and still question it massively ffs :lol:

jlEOnAY.jpg

Opinions? I've changed the team about ten times over the last day :lol:

Tried to fit Haaland in but it means pairing him with somebody average up top or sacrificing somebody in midfield but I can't take out Salah or Son as their consistency season after season is too high IMO. Not too sure about Wilson but they've got a few good opening fixtures and if he can stay fit he'll hopefully bag a few. 5 at the back for the opening games simply because of the fixtures. Terrible? Should I change the entire thing again? Only thing I'm dead set on is the three in midfield, above for Salah and Son and I think Sancho could be our best player this season and good value at his current price, think he's guaranteed more game time than Rashford who is cheaper. I can't help but look at the lineup though and still question it massively ffs :lol:

Get all that money off the bench and into your team!

mine so far;

Mandy Darlow
TAA Justin Tarkowski White Koulibaly
KDB Sterling Sancho Lavia Andreas
Haaland Jesus Gelhardt

£1m in reserve to either upgrade a CB to a fullback or KDB to Salah…

It would be nice to see your team and recommend changes.. for reference you can look at my latest draft above in the posts and I have both Jesus and James and can easily afford Rashford too if I took out Martinelli

Sanchez

TAA
James
White
Sanchez
Cancelo

Salah
Son
Gordon
Rashford

Haaland

Bench is just 4 of the cheapest players I could pick

Sanchez

TAA
James
White
Sanchez
Cancelo

Salah
Son
Gordon
Rashford

Haaland

Bench is just 4 of the cheapest players I could pick

Might be in trouble with your defence. Saliba looks to be preferred to White an I doubt Sanchez starts for Spurs.

It’s starting to come together now! I think Laporte might miss the start of the season, so keep an eye on that. I still think you could do with one of TAA/Cancelo/Robertson as they are 200 points players.

Maybe drop down Saka to Martinelli for that 2 million saving? And use that to bring in one of the big boys at the back.
Heard anything recent or is that because he stayed behind to focus on fitness while the rest went on tour (apart from the dimwits who haven’t double jabbed)?

Heard anything recent or is that because he stayed behind to focus on fitness while the rest went on tour (apart from the dimwits who haven’t double jabbed)?

Nothing new, no, but had knee issues nearing the end of last season and hasn’t played in pre-season so I think he could be up in the air to start.

Especially since Stones only misses because he is a dimwit :D

Is 3 Arsenal a smart idea or one too much?

Fixtures makes it a good idea for sure and both Martinelli and Jesus are a bit cheap if nailed.

Given that Auba cost 10 million last year and Jesus could be as good.

Still not fully trusting them as a team to defend well, but Ramsdale to me feels like the best keeper to get based purely on fixturse and Arsenal have a top 6 def for sure. Although not sure he is a fantastic keeper, but he did get bonus quite often last year as well.

Is 3 Arsenal a smart idea or one too much?

Fixtures makes it a good idea for sure and both Martinelli and Jesus are a bit cheap if nailed.

Given that Auba cost 10 million last year and Jesus could be as good.

Still not fully trusting them as a team to defend well, but Ramsdale to me feels like the best keeper to get based purely on fixturse and Arsenal have a top 6 def for sure. Although not sure he is a fantastic keeper, but he did get bonus quite often last year as well.
Cmon! Are you DMing people to make these posts for you @Moby ?

Walker Grealish Martial are huge risks! They all will definitely not be guaranteed starters
I don't buy the concerns about Martial's starting place. I think he is pretty much nailed for the first three GWs at least. Rashford and Sancho too.

Salah? Yeah 100%. Fresh and rested and now pretty much the sole carrier of the attack with Mane gone - it's free points. Also Firmino will likely start as the striker at least early on as per some Liverpool fans who don't think Klopp will throw in Darwin from the off, and Firmino's style suits Salah playing a forward role even more. Also Salah isn't going to the WC, so Klopp will happily play him most games.

Spurs have improved but they ain't no Liverpool especially with good fixtures. I am more inclined to remove Haaland for Kane/Son but no way Salah goes unless injured.
Damn, interesting points. I was so sure of Kane and Haaland but I guess I may have to ditch one of them for Salah