Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Luis Diaz: 13 games 4 goals and 3 assists. Half of people have him.
Mahrez. 28 games. 11 goals and 5 assists.
"Don't pick him. He is in rotation".

Hm....

How many times has Mahrez been a proper solid pick at City since he went there though? His hauls come in bunches and then he doesn’t start. Pep will always find a way to surprise you.

Diaz started consistently for Liverpool after joining, Mane has left and someone has to get those points if Liverpool are to continue to do well.

Got a team that has Ederson, TAA, Cancelo, Salah, Kane and Haaland.

Does mean I'm relying that Martinelli, Neto and Dalot in the starting XI...

Currently on

Sa
TAA Walker Trippier
Salah Diaz Sancho Martinelli
Kane Jesus Martial

4.0 Williams Andreas 4.0

Sa, Salah, Martinelli, Kane and Jesus are the ones that are very likely to be in my team unless they get injured. Trippier is likely in as well unless I change my team structure, and I will have Robertson for TAA if I need the 0.5m.

Still want to see how we do against Atletico and how Man City set up in the community shield to make a definite decision on Walker - who I don't rate at all, and the Man Utd double up. Cancelo, Grealish, and Rashford are the ones in my sights as replacements for Sancho and Martial.

Having very strong doubts about Luis Diaz as well, but I don't know who among the other 8.0m midfielders I'd replace him with, and I'm confident I would pick the wrong one if I go against a heavily backed Diaz. Liverpool's fixtures are also very good, and their players are usually reliable enough to warrant the triple up. But if I swap Diaz for Robertson, I'd have only three starting midfielders which just doesn't feel right.

How many times has Mahrez been a proper solid pick at City since he went there though? His hauls come in bunches and then he doesn’t start. Pep will always find a way to surprise you.

Diaz started consistently for Liverpool after joining, Mane has left and someone has to get those points if Liverpool are to continue to do well.
I'm curious about Diaz. I feel we are all trying to will him to become another Mane which would be well worth the 8.0m compared to Mane who didn't usually return enough relative to his prices, and in the process, ignoring that we are looking at another player altogether.

Apart from that, I tried finding Mane's ppm for each season he was at Liverpool, but couldn't because he is no longer in the game. I would appreciate someone helping me with them or some memories of them, as I want to compare them to Robertson's.

Malaysia. And yourself?
Fantastic!.. a part of the world I really want to visit. Our company did a charity walk in Cambodia a few years ago, finishing at Angkor Wat. I almost got selected, gutted not to go.

Definitely a good idea to go for a few weeks, take it all in. Enjoy. Moving around I’m guessing?

I’m going to Cape Verde

I'm curious about Diaz. I feel we are all trying to will him to become another Mane which would be well worth the 8.0m compared to Mane who didn't usually return enough relative to his prices, and in the process, ignoring that we are looking at another player altogether.

Apart from that, I tried finding Mane's ppm for each season he was at Liverpool, but couldn't because he is no longer in the game. I would appreciate someone helping me with them or some memories of them, as I want to compare them to Robertson's.
Just Google it, you’ll probably find it. I quickly tried and found this (not exactly what you were after but a few searches and sure you’ll find it)

https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/picking-my-fpl-team-the-maths-approach

I keep constantly changing my one 8m midfielder. I have three Liverpool already so no Diaz. Saka no because already have Jesus and Martinelli. Though maybe swap Martinelli for Saka and go B.Guimaraes as the 6m. That leaves Mahrez, Maddison and Mount.. Mahrez a rotation risk but feel like he's 70% sure to start most games on that right hand side. Mount and Chelsea look iffy. I have Maddison at the moment in the draft, nailed to start and if Leicester do anything going forward I fancy him to be involved more times than not.

Fantastic!.. a part of the world I really want to visit. Our company did a charity walk in Cambodia a few years ago, finishing at Angkor Wat. I almost got selected, gutted not to go.

Definitely a good idea to go for a few weeks, take it all in. Enjoy. Moving around I’m guessing?

I’m going to Cape Verde
Ahh nice one! Yeah we go there and thereabouts often as my wife is Malay. Luckily they have a big football culture there. So maybe I can ask the locals "Cancelo or Dias?" :lol:

I keep constantly changing my one 8m midfielder. I have three Liverpool already so no Diaz. Saka no because already have Jesus and Martinelli. Though maybe swap Martinelli for Saka and go B.Guimaraes as the 6m. That leaves Mahrez, Maddison and Mount.. Mahrez a rotation risk but feel like he's 70% sure to start most games on that right hand side. Mount and Chelsea look iffy. I have Maddison at the moment in the draft, nailed to start and if Leicester do anything going forward I fancy him to be involved more times than not.

There's a lot of value in those 8m midfielders, even the 7m if you include Grealish, Coutinho, and B. Silva. Mount has the best mathematical analytical stats over the last couple of years but like you say Chelsea are struggling. Mahrez, Foden, Grealish and B. Silva are subject to Pep' s rotation though Haaland says he is developing a great working relationship with Grealish. Maddison has some tough games to start the season.

Saka and Guimaraes sounds like the best bet.

Any love for Zinchenko? Stuck on a 5m defender.

Should add I have Cash and Tripper

Last edited:
Anyone recommend any of these Fantasy YouTubers?
FPLFocal- gets straight to the point with sub 10 minutes videos. Spent a few weeks at #1 last season so knows what he’s talking about.

Nathan Bacon- Comedy value

FPL blackbox- Podcasts are well worth a listen if you’re interested in stats and expected data.

Fanrasy Football Fix- slightly longer in depth, stats driven videos

Anyone recommend any of these Fantasy YouTubers?
NetThatHaul - The FPL Mariner guy on this finished around 100 OR or something, but anyway they are very stats heavy and talk about 'match ups' that can help identify which player has the highest haul potential.

FPL Wire - Both Lateriser and Zophar on this have consistent high finishes for most of their seasons with a very top 100s or something, and have been playing for ages so very good understanding of the game. The pod is pretty easygoing, not very stats heavy and talks about football in general.

PlanetFPL for fixture planning, DGW/BGW stuff which James is excellent at.

FPL Blackbox as mentioned above is great as well for a well researched discussion.

AboveAverageFPL is a new one but found it very interesting and they look at details of FPL like BPS calculation etc which can help in understanding FPL mechanics better and of course there's regular GW discussion with good views in general.

Also on Fantasy Football Scout channel there's a "Burning Questions" pod by Pras and Sonaldo, which is excellent and straight to the point on what transfers you need to make etc.

And finally by far the best pod on FPL Youtube - FMLFPL. Two of the funniest blokes with absolutely honest and straightforward takes. No diplomacy, balance or whatever. Just about what you see on the pitch and who looks good regardless of EO, template etc etc. A bunch of 'best managers' out there rate it highly, as their views are actually spot on just that they feck around too much to finish at a high rank themselves. But overall, the most fun and insightful watch by far.

Those are the ones I mainly watch before hitting the bed on most days, mainly for football content really. I don't watch a lot of solo youtubers who do all this "Best DGW Draft!!!" but if that's your jam then Let'sTalkFPL is one of the most popular ones.

Keepers is so hard.

I think I need to rotate two keepers, but no ideal pair.

Maybe Meslier, Raya, but it is two teams I think will fight to stay up.

Risk with them is more save points in the harder games and thus ruin the rotation although they always got chance for bonus when they keep a clean sheet.

Keepers is so hard.

I think I need to rotate two keepers, but no ideal pair.

Maybe Meslier, Raya, but it is two teams I think will fight to stay up.

Risk with them is more save points in the harder games and thus ruin the rotation although they always got chance for bonus when they keep a clean sheet.
Why no love for Jose Sa? Best fixtures in first six, and best save ratio last season in a defensive team. Top 5 I think for points last season too.

Why no love for Jose Sa? Best fixtures in first six, and best save ratio last season in a defensive team. Top 5 I think for points last season too.
Just cause I have Neto haha. In case Wolves suck I just have one to replace.

I think Ramsdale is great too, but got 3 Arsenal right now.

Last edited:
By dropping the prices for the keepers it makes this season even more interesting. I guess people will jump on the top keepers this year.
Good action by the FPL runners.

First draft.

Henderson
TAA, Cancelo, Dalot, James
Salah, Lingard, Bruno G, Sancho
Haaland, Jesus​

Subs: Sanchez, Zincheko, Greenwood (Leeds), Andreas

Players in bold are transferable for me.

Two I'm considering are Neco Williams, through triple Forrest seems like too much and Brandon Williams (if he goes to Brighton).

Really not sure about whether to choose Haaland or Kane. Kane is a more sure starter but I think the Haaland potential is too great not to start with him.

Anyone on Jesus, Kane annnnd Haaland? They all look fantastic tbh.

My first 5 minute attempt:

-------------------Raya
TAA - Chilwell - Trippier - Perisic
------Salah - Foden - Sancho
------Kane - Jesus - Mitrovic

Switching Mitrovic to Haaland and Salah to Diaz:

-------------------Raya
TAA - Chilwell - Trippier - Perisic
-------Diaz - Foden - Sancho
------Kane - Jesus - Haaland

Certainly an option.

Chelsea’s defence has me a bit worried so I’ve dropped Mendy out for now.

Alisson
TAA - Dias - James - Cash - (Dalot)
Diaz - Sancho - Sterling - Grealish - (Bailey)
Kane - Jesus - (Delap)

Im hoping Saints get Delap in the end (we bid 20m rising to 30) so a decent FPL option for 4.5m as you’d expect him to start.

Cash as Villa have 3 good games, and then can change if needed / or sub in Dalot.

Current thoughts:
Is it worth downgrading from Sterling to Mount or even Haver? If so where can I use the extra 2m?
Any Utd players over Sancho? He seems the most exciting.
Darwin over Diaz is still on my mind.
Is it worth saving 0.5-1m on a keeper?

GK - Ederson | Sub - Gazzaniga
DEF - Cancelo, Gabriel, Cash, Robertson | Sub - Malacia
MID - Sancho, Son, Lingard, Luis Diaz | Sub - Forshaw
FWD - Haaland, Jesus | Sub - Greenwood (Wolves)

Preferred Formation 4-4-2. Usually went for a 3-5-2 in the previous editions, but could not get in the players I am satisfied with this year to use that formation. Unable to fit in Salah/De Bruyne/Kane. Hoping Son and Haaland cover their points. Looking forward to the next season.

P.S. : Still undecided on the keepers, can go for either Allison or Ederson but still unsure. Also oscillating between Diaz and Saka, both are 8.0 in price.

Last edited:
NetThatHaul - The FPL Mariner guy on this finished around 100 OR or something, but anyway they are very stats heavy and talk about 'match ups' that can help identify which player has the highest haul potential.

FPL Wire - Both Lateriser and Zophar on this have consistent high finishes for most of their seasons with a very top 100s or something, and have been playing for ages so very good understanding of the game. The pod is pretty easygoing, not very stats heavy and talks about football in general.

PlanetFPL for fixture planning, DGW/BGW stuff which James is excellent at.

FPL Blackbox as mentioned above is great as well for a well researched discussion.

AboveAverageFPL is a new one but found it very interesting and they look at details of FPL like BPS calculation etc which can help in understanding FPL mechanics better and of course there's regular GW discussion with good views in general.

Also on Fantasy Football Scout channel there's a "Burning Questions" pod by Pras and Sonaldo, which is excellent and straight to the point on what transfers you need to make etc.

And finally by far the best pod on FPL Youtube - FMLFPL. Two of the funniest blokes with absolutely honest and straightforward takes. No diplomacy, balance or whatever. Just about what you see on the pitch and who looks good regardless of EO, template etc etc. A bunch of 'best managers' out there rate it highly, as their views are actually spot on just that they feck around too much to finish at a high rank themselves. But overall, the most fun and insightful watch by far.

Those are the ones I mainly watch before hitting the bed on most days, mainly for football content really. I don't watch a lot of solo youtubers who do all this "Best DGW Draft!!!" but if that's your jam then Let'sTalkFPL is one of the most popular ones.
Where’d you find the time for this lot? Can any be downloaded? (guess I could listen on a run)

Where’d you find the time for this lot? Can any be downloaded? (guess I could listen on a run)
I generally just put them on and go to sleep in the middle of it. :lol: Rarely ever watch any of it in full. Except FMLFPL etc which has a lot of fun banter.

I think they are also present on a lot of the podcast apps (apple/spotify etc) and I think you can download them there.

Just cause I have Neto haha. In case Wolves suck I just have one to replace.

I think Ramsdale is great too, but got 3 Arsenal right now.
Confident he is the keeper to have. Can't believe many more aren't going for him. The fixtures look unreal, and Wolves are usually very reliable defensively, and concede enough shots for the keeper to get save points unlike Man City.

I'm even thinking about the defensive double up, but struggling to find a spot for it, and they burned me many times last season, conceding late goals when I had the double up.

latest draft

Raya
TAA Cancelo James White
Salah Mahrez Diaz Bailey
Jesus Haaland

pros
Strong core with TAA, Cancelo, Salah, Diaz, Jesus, Haaland

cons
Bailey minutes,
weak bench with only Williams and Andreas who will play

Confident he is the keeper to have. Can't believe many more aren't going for him. The fixtures look unreal, and Wolves are usually very reliable defensively, and concede enough shots for the keeper to get save points unlike Man City.

I'm even thinking about the defensive double up, but struggling to find a spot for it, and they burned me many times last season, conceding late goals when I had the double up.

The thing is Leeds and Fulham can score goals, but can't defend.

Newcastle at home feels like the best keeper fixture they got.

They did beat Spurs away last year though and they do quite well in the harder games.

Went for

Henderson, Forster

White, Cucurella, Guehi, Tanganga, Reguilon

Rashford, Bruno, Saka, Bernardo, Salah

Haaland, Martial, Mbuemo

Will leave it at that for now.

Went for

Henderson, Forster

White, Cucurella, Guehi, Tanganga, Reguilon

Rashford, Bruno, Saka, Bernardo, Salah

Haaland, Martial, Mbuemo

Will leave it at that for now.

I think that defence needs some work mate. White is a doubt to start with Gabriel/Saliba in pre-season. Guehi’s opening fixtures are horrendous, Tanganga looks close to leaving the club and Reguillon has two players in front of him in the pecking order.

I think that defence needs some work mate. White is a doubt to start with Gabriel/Saliba in pre-season. Guehi’s opening fixtures are horrendous, Tanganga looks close to leaving the club and Reguillon has two players in front of him in the pecking order.

Probably, I was just shoving them in to finish it off. I Started from front to back.

Currently on :

Raya
Cancelo TAA White Chillwell Laporte
--------Mount ----- Bailley
Nunez ------ Haaland---- Kane

Rashford -- Trash -- Trash