Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I'm done building my core (Salah, Haaland, TAA, Cancelo, Diaz) but still undecided about the rest...

Option 1: Perisic, Saka, Martial

or...

Option 2: Trippier, Sancho, Jesus

I don't think there's much between them.
Option 2 is safer and more explosive.

I'd do that. Would make the team far more balanced.

It's a great team though
I'm done building my core (Salah, Haaland, TAA, Cancelo, Diaz) but still undecided about the rest...

or...

You tell me to get rid of Cancelo but he's in your core team :lol: But yeah, the decision will be easy if city get Cucurella.

I prefer your second option.... Perisic will have minutes concerns, Martial had flattered to deceive in the past.

Sancho looks like our main man this pre-season and Jesus tearing it up and will be arse main man this year...

I think I'm done after what we've seen across pre-season so far...

Ederson
Perisic Dalot Robertson Trippier
Rashford Sterling Son
Jesus Martial Haaland

Forster Guehi Pereira Ebiowei

or...

Definitely the latter.

Which teams outside top 6 you think got best clean sheet chances in the first 5?

I am not really convinced by any team that much.

Probably Wolves right, but got Neto and do not want 2 Wolves players.

Do we think Sancho is worth the extra 1.0m over Rashford?

I personally think they both represent good value, but surely I can’t go for both.

I personally think they both represent good value, but surely I can’t go for both.

It is tricky. I think Rashford may be better for goals, but Sancho assists. Sancho more bonus as well.

Rashford more likely not playing as well.

Sancho the safe pick and Rashford more risky.

Which teams outside top 6 you think got best clean sheet chances in the first 5?

In first 4 games Villa imo (5th game is Arsenal away)

Wolves last year got many clean sheets due to heroics from Sa... Their xGC was shit.

Brighton are usually good defensively but not sure how the loss of Bissouma may change that.

Brentford were also decent defensively back end of last season.

I was gonna ask this too.
It is tricky. I think Rashford may be better for goals, but Sancho assists. Sancho more bonus as well.

Rashford more likely not playing as well.

Sancho the safe pick and Rashford more risky.
If I go Rashy instead of Sancho, I can go Cancelo instead of Dias... This is my final dilemma.

What I really need is some team news, injuries and gametime doubts to come along and make a few decisions for me.

Back to threemium topic :D
Lots of you (which opinion regarding FPL i respect) are totally against it BUT i still don't fully understand your logic.
I have 8 players nailed so it is
Haaland, Neto (Bailey) and Martinelli or Martial and two 8mil (Diaz and Saka probably).

You all go by logic that for premiums you pay extra for captaincy but what about prices for midfielders? Is 8 mil midfielder that worthy? Will Saka outscore Martinelli? City's midfielders are huge rotation risk. Even if they start they will end on the bench around 60th minute. Maddison has tough games. Diaz is 3rd fiddle in Pool attack.

I know, i know...i am just trying to convince myself that threemium in 532 is the way

Lots of you (which opinion regarding FPL i respect) are totally against it BUT i still don't fully understand your logic.
Haaland, Neto (Bailey) and Martinelli or Martial and two 8mil (Diaz and Saka probably).

You all go by logic that for premiums you pay extra for captaincy but what about prices for midfielders? Is 8 mil midfielder that worthy? Will Saka outscore Martinelli? City's midfielders are huge rotation risk. Even if they start they will end on the bench around 60th minute. Maddison has tough games. Diaz is 3rd fiddle in Pool attack.

I know, i know...i am just trying to convince myself that threemium in 532 is the way
Threemium is fine if you believe the third premium will weekly outscore the two or three players you have to downgrade to get them.

I can easily swap Jesus, Ederson, Dias & Sancho to Kane, Raya, Trippier & Martinelli...

But is getting Kane gonna be worth that? Probably not...

It's just about value. Over a longer run premium picks can't justify their prices without regular captaincy.

That doesn't mean you can't opt for the threemium set-up though. You'd basically just be betting on hitting on a short, unsustainable pocket of high returns from those premium players while you own them, which can happen.

But the longer you run with that set-up, the less likely it is to pay off, because it's fundamentally inefficient. So if I started with a threemium set-up it would be with an eye to moving off it in the relative short term.

Wolves last year got many clean sheets due to heroics from Sa... Their xGC was shit.

Brighton are usually good defensively but not sure how the loss of Bissouma may change that.

Brentford were also decent defensively back end of last season.

I was gonna ask this too.

If I go Rashy instead of Sancho, I can go Cancelo instead of Dias... This is my final dilemma.
Surely Rashy and Cancelo over Sancho and Dias. Again this depends on if Cucurella doesn’t move to City.

First, very template draft.

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, James, Wolves Def
Salah, Diaz, Grealish, Neto
Kane, Jesus

4.0GK, Williams, Andreas, Archer

Not thrilled by double Wolves or Ramsdale but that can change around later. If I decide Chelsea are in bad enough state then maybe backing against James will free up some funds to move things around. Otherwise it's dull but basically fine.

You tell me to get rid of Cancelo but he's in your core team :lol: But yeah, the decision will be easy if city get Cucurella.

I prefer your second option.... Perisic will have minutes concerns, Martial had flattered to deceive in the past.

Sancho looks like our main man this pre-season and Jesus tearing it up and will be arse main man this year...

Oh yeah that's because I think the difference between Sancho + Rashy is greater than Dias + Cancelo. Cancelo is better but Dias will still score highly.

I'm nowhere near convinced Rashford will be any good this season, in FPL or otherwise.

First one ..
Ta.

Possibly think so too but few what ifs… what if Cucu signs, Cancelo is the more defensive FB… what if Robertson/Diaz linkup carries on (outscored TAA from Jan?)… what if Zinchenko plays left midfield not LB (attacking points + clean sheets)… what if Bailey remains a mix of squad/starter (not convinced from their pre season yet)… what if Martial is our 9.

Ta.

Possibly think so too but few what ifs… what if Cucu signs, Cancelo is the more defensive FB… what if Robertson/Diaz linkup carries on (outscored TAA from Jan?)… what if Zinchenko plays left midfield not LB (attacking points + clean sheets)… what if Bailey remains a mix of squad/starter (not convinced from their pre season yet)… what if Martial is our 9.
These are wait and see questions and you also have an early WC

Threemium is fine if you believe the third premium will weekly outscore the two or three players you have to downgrade to get them.

I can easily swap Jesus, Ederson, Dias & Sancho to Kane, Raya, Trippier & Martinelli...

But is getting Kane gonna be worth that? Probably not...

Kane and Martinelli could easily outscore Jesus/Sancho there, by quite a margin. And then you would be left with a GK and a CB to close the gap. You have Trippier taking set pieces at an improving side, or you could go go Zinchenko who might play as an 8.

Add in the weeks that you fancy a Kane captaincy at home to fodder and I think that could well be worth it.

Last edited:
These are wait and see questions and you also have an early WC
Ahuh. But if Ronnie goes and Cucu goes to City pre deadline, that may be enough (for me). I think Robertson v TAA could be tight and not worth the extra cost.

Need to get team 99% done in next week though. Go on holiday in a week and Caf/FPL will fall right down the priority list… behind drinking lots, eating lots, getting sunburned, pool volleyball :)

Unless something happens like injuries or transfers, I think I'm set with my team:

Ederson
TAA, Chillwell, James, Dias
Salah, Martinelli, Diaz, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Hennessey, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

Pretty template but enough manoeuvrability if I need to shift things around.

Should see me well for the first 1-8 GWs, then WC.

No Spurs coverage is risky imo, but looks solid.

Ahuh. But if Ronnie goes and Cucu goes to City pre deadline, that may be enough (for me). I think Robertson v TAA could be tight and not worth the extra cost.

Need to get team 99% done in next week though. Go on holiday in a week and Caf/FPL will fall right down the priority list… behind drinking lots, eating lots, getting sunburned, pool volleyball :)
Same. Going away this Friday until September... Can't fecking wait haha.

Originally had Perisic but he is a minutes concern... Can't fit anyone else in from them...
I have the same problem as well and there's no good solution. Threemium requires too many sacrifices I don't want to make.

Ederson
TAA, James, Cancelo, Dalot
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Williams, Andreas, Plange.

0.5 ITB for early moves.

Tempted to go Ederson / Plange -> Ramsdale, Undav so I don't have a totally unproductive player on the bench.

Possible threemium

Raya
Robertson, James, Dias, Dalot
Salah, Son, Bailey, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Williams, Pereira, Plange

I have the same problem as well and there's no good solution. Threemium requires too many sacrifices I don't want to make.

Ederson
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Williams, Andreas, Plange.

0.5 ITB for early moves.

Tempted to go Ederson / Plange -> Ramsdale, Undav so I don't have a totally unproductive player on the bench.
Just realized my team is different to what you quoted.

Ederson
Salah, Rashford, Diaz, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood.

It's very similar to yours!

Luis Diaz: 13 games 4 goals and 3 assists. Half of people have him.
Mahrez. 28 games. 11 goals and 5 assists.
"Don't pick him. He is in rotation".

Hm....

Just realized my team is different to what you quoted.

Ederson
Salah, Rashford, Diaz, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood.

It's very similar to yours!

Yup! I am now considering dropping James so I can mess around a bit more esp. if Chelsea go 4ATB.

Raya
TAA, Cancelo, Cash, Dalot, Williams
Salah, Diaz, Mahrez, Martinelli, Pereira
Haaland, Jesus

It could go very well if Chelsea have a difficult start to the season.

Yup! I am now considering dropping James so I can mess around a bit more esp. if Chelsea go 4ATB.

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

I am really wondering about Chelsea now. I had already taken out Chilwell because of his fitness issues and only signing one CB thus far, but they looked all over the place against Arsenal and they have Spurs and 3 away games in their first 5.

Until September? A MONTH?! where are you going, Antarctica?
Malaysia. And yourself?

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

I am really wondering about Chelsea now. I had already taken out Chilwell because of his fitness issues and only signing one CB thus far, but they looked all over the place against Arsenal and they have Spurs and 3 away games in their first 5.
Yeah Chelsea giving me food for thought

I can’t even tell you how much I have entered and changed my draft since the game launched.

Last night I went to bed with a draft saved, looked at my screenshots and it is exactly the same as my first draft the day the game came out (only Zinchenko over Trippier the single difference)

I have come full circle. Maybe it’s a lesson that out first instincts are probably what we will end up with and we are all wasting our time:lol: