Fantasy Premier League 22/23

It’s all about options I guess, but Cancelo could be 200+ points again and a fit James can definitely get there. Both of those guys fit and firing will put points Dias and a heavily rotated Perisic.

If Martial starts and keeps in touch with Jesus (which isn’t a ridiculous idea if Ronaldo leaves), I can see the 1.5 being worth it. Martial isn’t a sure thing by any means, but he has hit 200 points before too. The ceiling is higher, in my opinion.
Yeah it's a valid gamble for me, there's an obvious EO risk if this goes against you and Jesus bangs. The GW1 team for me is like a 5-6 GW team so simply gotta think of maximising the returns in this period and even if you think Martial is nailed for us, our fixtures while not really tough (except Liverpool) aren't exactly fodder either. Arsenal generally look more settled with a manager who has spent a lot longer with that squad and easily have the better fixtures as well. So for me, Martial over Jesus is a no so far, but Martial can still easily come alongside him.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Im doing Mendy to Sanchez and Tomi to Cash

No problem, just an opinion! I am no expert.

One other small thing I would do would be to change Vestergaard to Patterson. He has more chance of getting on the pitch at 4.0, so why not?

Yeah it's a valid gamble for me, there's an obvious EO risk if this goes against you and Jesus bangs. The GW1 team for me is like a 5-6 GW team so simply gotta think of maximising the returns in this period and even if you think Martial is nailed for us, our fixtures while not really tough (except Liverpool) aren't exactly fodder either. Arsenal generally look more settled with a manager who has spent a lot longer with that squad and easily have the better fixtures as well. So for me, Martial over Jesus is a no so far, but Martial can still easily come alongside him.

You are right about the EO, it’s scary. His potential at a time where he is a key starter is also an unknown. He could absolutely smash it.

It could be my bias talking, and it probably is, but I think we will be better than Arsenal this season. Better coach can go a long way.

No problem, just an opinion! I am no expert.

One other small thing I would do would be to change Vestergaard to Patterson. He has more chance of getting on the pitch at 4.0, so why not?
I am neither, so just thankfull for the time you took to reply.

Had Vestergaard since so many had him as a 4.0 defender that i thought would play. Will look into it.

Second draft:

Akw7vwb.jpg

Had to squeeze out Gabriel for White to get Salah in instead of Son but still undecided. Haaland will either come out flying, break down after 70 minutes or do a Nunez plus the fact that everybody's got him so gonna try without him first. Will see what he's like in the morning. Not sure if Dier and Jorginho will be a starter either?

This is really bad. Have you played FPL before? Remove the back 3 & Rice/Jorginho. Replace with players that get attacking returns.

Last edited:
Can't decide between Sancho and Rashford. Sancho more nailed, but Rashford is a potential bargain. Both scoring in pre-season.

Any United are a risk, which makes Rashford less of one, but Sancho easier to transfer out for someone decent.

You reckon it's worth putting Son back in for Salah?
That's totally up to you mate. Im no expert but I also feel people been a bit unhelpful to you...

My advice:

Think you can go cheaper and use the money better than DDG and save yourself 0.5

I think you need to get at least one of the full back players in.

You can downgrade one of your bench defenders to Neco Williams to free up 0.5

You have Salah, KDB and Kane... Downgrading one of these players will allow you to sort the rest of your team out most likely.

Second draft:

Akw7vwb.jpg

Had to squeeze out Gabriel for White to get Salah in instead of Son but still undecided. Haaland will either come out flying, break down after 70 minutes or do a Nunez plus the fact that everybody's got him so gonna try without him first. Will see what he's like in the morning. Not sure if Dier and Jorginho will be a starter either?

I think attack is great mate, but you need to think about all the eleven in terms of what they can bring you in assists and goals. Good performances, tackles, keeping possession etc are not much use in this game.

The defenders also get good points for clean sheets, but you should try and choose those that might grab you a goal or be involved in attacks/set pieces.

I think Rice, Jorginho, Koubilaly and White have to go. They offer nothing in attack. Dier could stay because of his price and Spurs clean sheets.

I would probably put de Bruyne down to Foden/Mahrez in your case and spread that 4 million to improve those 4 positions. Bringing in attacking full backs and midfielders more likely to be involved in the goals.

Alternatively, downgrade de Gea, Schar and Castagne to 4.5, 4.0, 4.0 and use that extra 1.5 to improve a few positions.

Maybe Kouli to a Chelsea fullback, Jorginho to a 6.5 like Rashford, and Rice to Neto.

Last edited:
Just checked the Spurs result, however I won't be getting Kane for my team, mainly as I've had him in my team since the game launched.

Meanwhile, Haaland starts for City. This GW1 dilemma will be fun.

Trent and Perisic or Dias and Robertson?

Anyone? Dias could also be Laporte, but prefer Dias

Feels like every striker is performing in pre season for the big 6.

Kane, Haaland, Nunez, Jesus, Martial. Just Werner that is not scoring really.

Feels like the gap between the big 6 and the rest will increase too. All top sides got good managers even if Arteta maybe not at the world class level.

Bailey & Cancelo vs. Martinelli & Dias?

Probably first. Although it is interesting I come to defend Cancelo here a lot given that I said he was not explosive/good enough to captain in my opinion for the one game he scored in and smashed it haha when people actually captained him.

I still think Cancelo is way ahead of all other City defenders if he is nailed. His goal threat is not higher than Dias, but the assist potential much higher if he goes forward. Sometimes he stay back though not always obvious to read Pep.

Also Cancelo is often good for bonus.

I think saving money going central defenders might be a good idea this season if the fullbacks gets subbed/rotated more.

Still I always love attacking fullbacks/wingbacks.

Last edited:
Looks like Tuchel is still experimenting with the formation. Could be enough to put me off of Chelsea wingbacks.
Would you start anyone else when James and Chilwell are fit? It’s preseason so he has to give minutes to everyone.

Would you start anyone else when James and Chilwell are fit? It’s preseason so he has to give minutes to everyone.
The thing for me is formation especially with James. I'd be worried of him getting more defensive duties. Last season as well when he was played in a defensive role he pretty much gave up the forward runs and barely crossed the half way line.

Seems like they're playing a 4-2-2-2 now. Tuchel's tinkering is definitely a concern and given the fact that I'm not too confident of them keeping CS given their fixtures and defensive changes, it's a decent reason to doubt a 6m Def. City generally will be a lot more reliable at the back with those fixtures and their CBs are capable of returning as well.

Also if I'm stacking premiums and have to sacrifice an expensive def, it could be a factor for that.

Currently looking at:

Sanchez Steele
TAA Cancelo Walker Dalot* Neco
Salah Diaz Rashford Bailey Andreas
Håland** Jesus Martial***

* Could be White or Tomiyasu if we get some certainty about Arsenal’s backline
** Could be Kane if doubts over fitness
*** On the basis that Ronaldo is not available or leaves

Mendy
TAA Cancelo Perisic Robertson
Bernardo Luis Diaz Rashford
Jesus Kane Martial

Bench: Sanchez Bailey Martinelli Dalot

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Mendy
TAA Cancelo Perisic Robertson Dalot
Bernardo Luis Diaz Rashford
Jesus Kane Martial

Bench: Sanchez Bailey Martinelli Dalot

Thoughts?
Decent but I would not have that much money on the bench... Use that money to upgrade Bernardo to at least Foden

Can't stop tinkering haha:

Ederson
TAA, James, Cancelo, Dalot
Salah, Diaz, Rashy, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Hennessey, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

Think I'm really liking that but part of me thinks swapping Cancelo and Rashy to Dias and Sancho would be exciting...

Can't stop tinkering haha:

Ederson
TAA, James, Cancelo, Dalot
Salah, Diaz, Rashy, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Hennessey, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

Think I'm really liking that but part of me thinks swapping Cancelo and Rashy to Dias and Sancho would be exciting...

I'd do that. Would make the team far more balanced.

It's a great team though

I'm done building my core (Salah, Haaland, TAA, Cancelo, Diaz) but still undecided about the rest...

Option 1: Perisic, Saka, Martial

or...

Option 2: Trippier, Sancho, Jesus

I don't think there's much between them.