Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I'll try... Midfielders tend to be the highest scoring players so having only 2 is crazzzzyyyyy
Tend yes.. I know its a crazy but I feel City, Liverpool and Arsenal operating with more of a focal point this year changes things.

We have had a long period of Kane being the only worthy 9. When DCL was under Ancelotti he was a shoe in but that was about it.

Theres a chance Haaland or Darwin can do a Lukaku but I don't find this likely, and Darwins price point in particular is attractive.

I know I went for Martial over Jesus after mentioning Arsenal above, but this is more owing to Martial freeing up an extra million.

A lot of midfielders I see at similar price points are risks in other ways - Foden/Grealish /Mahrez will be open to pep roulette, no one knows who is preferred out of Kulu and Richarlson yet. Mount is attractive but still 1m more than Martial, who after Whitwells quotes today, looks a lock for the start of the season.

If there was ever a risk its now given 3 wild cards.

My English is not good as i think; you think that they will out score them but you still will not pick them?
I wanted to see if I could have TAA, Cancelo, Salah, Mahrez, Diaz, Jesus & Haaland and like the rest of the team, unfortunately the answer was no :(.

Can someone talk me out of 523 because I cant help but like my team, but it looks weird having 2 in the middle :lol:

Mendy

Trent
Dalot
Cancelo
James
Zinchenko

Salah
Rashford

Darwin
Kane
Martial

If Ronaldo leaves I think martial is a cert of a 9 for us. Imagine an ETH striker being valued at 7m. Its my risk along with Darwin, but I do feel well covered with City, Chelsea and Liverpool cover defensively.
You've spread your money around and there's no flexibility.

Tend yes.. I know its a crazy but I feel City, Liverpool and Arsenal operating with more of a focal point this year changes things.

We have had a long period of Kane being the only worthy 9. When DCL was under Ancelotti he was a shoe in but that was about it.

Theres a chance Haaland or Darwin can do a Lukaku but I don't find this likely, and Darwins price point in particular is attractive.

I know I went for Martial over Jesus after mentioning Arsenal above, but this is more owing to Martial freeing up an extra million.

A lot of midfielders I see at similar price points are risks in other ways - Foden/Grealish /Mahrez will be open to pep roulette, no one knows who is preferred out of Kulu and Richarlson yet. Mount is attractive but still 1m more than Martial, who after Whitwells quotes today, looks a lock for the start of the season.

If there was ever a risk its now given 3 wild cards.
Mate I’m playing 5-2-3 as well.. this is the season to atleast start with and test it out..
We now know a solid 3/4 defenders who’ll end up with 200 points +/- and that’s as much as or more than many of the good mids.. so basically you have 7m defenders scoring as much as 8m mids while also ensuring more game time and less substitutions..
I also think last season was more midfield friendly and less striker friendly but this is the season for strikers.. there’s also good rotation options in there with Kane/Haaland/Jesus/Vardy/Martial and Ronaldo potentially to pick from who you know are guaranteed starters and will score constantly during their best fixture runs if not more..

For reference purposes this is my starting 11 for now;

Ederson
TAA Dalot Cancelo James Robertson
Martinelli Dias
Jesus Haaland Kane

I'll try... Midfielders tend to be the highest scoring players so having only 2 is crazzzzyyyyy

The points per million is actually way better from defenders than midfielders in recent seasons.

Not the worst draft I’ve seen, but I’m not a fan of rotating goalkeepers so I would replace Guaita with a 4.0 and Andersen with Williams 4.0 (Forest) which gives 1m to go Moutinho to Martinelli. Also I would go Mendy over Sa for Chelsea coverage.

Is he going to be a starter?

I have pretty good idea about everything, but really struggle with keepers. The options I consider.

Raya. Pros lots of saves and cheap and good fixture in the long run. Cons no natural backup and start with two hard fixtures. Also Brentford expected to fight for survival.
Sanchez. Brighton def often good for low XG conceded plus have 4-0 backup and have good long term fixtures. Cons Hard start and not making enough saves.
Meslier Pros save king and very easy fixtures with natural backup for 4.0. Cons Leeds def was horrible last season
Martinez. A save God two seasons ago and 4.0 backup. Also good fixtures to start with. Cons tricky games in gameweek 4-6 and also 5.0. Is Villa def worth 5 million?
Ramsdale. Best fixtures for all teams and can be decent with saves. Cons Do not fully trust him after burning me at the end of last year. Uses Arsenal spot that could be needed.
De Gea Good fixtures and can be good for saves on his day. Cons Going for Dalot is a cheaper way into United def and not sure we will be amazing. Also new manager effect.
Pope Have been a GOD for saves for Burnley and Newcastle def is improved under Howe. Cons new team and not sure we can expect the Burnley Pope. Also City and Liverpool in first 5.
Mendy Very good for clean sheet and covers a great side. Cons Uses a Chelsea slot and do not make many saves.

I could go Allison, Ederson and Lloris too, but more likely cover them with TAA, Cancelo and Perisic rather than spend 5.5 for a keeper.

Currently very tempted with Martinez or Mendy just cause Evertons attack feels quite weak right now.

I might start with 3 striikers.

Unless a 4.5 plays up front then Martial and Jesus feels obvious to pick if they both start as number 9.

Then I probably go Haaland.

I might start with 3 striikers.

Unless a 4.5 plays up front then Martial and Jesus feels obvious to pick if they both start as number 9.

Then I probably go Haaland.
Definitely three strikers for me. Kane, Jesus and Martial unless Martial does something in the next two games to make me doubt him.

Currently on 343 and considering 433, but it looks so wrong going with only three midfielders.

Definitely three strikers for me. Kane, Jesus and Martial unless Martial does something in the next two games to make me doubt him.

Currently on 343 and considering 433, but it looks so wrong going with only three midfielders.

The players I want is defenders.

Dalot, Gabriel, Perisic, James/Chilwell, TAA/Robertson, Cancelo, Cash/Digne.

Hard to fit all in and many more I like so I likely play 4 defenders. Plus Neco for 4.0 that is good pick too.

So this is my team now and i feel quite happy about it so its bound to fail horribly.

———-————-Mendy———————
———Cancelo—TAA—Perisic———
Sancho-Rashford-Foden-Ödegård
—-Haaland—Martial—Kane———-

Bench : Forster, Andreas, N.Williams, Vestergård

I’ve gone for this and would appreciate feedback. Trying to take it seriously this year.

Ramsdale (Gazzaniga)

TAA, Cancelo, Chilwell (Tomiyasu, N. Williams)

Diaz, Guimaraes, Andreas, Salah, Rashford

Haaland, Jesus (Taylor)

I’ve gone for this and would appreciate feedback. Trying to take it seriously this year.

Ramsdale (Gazzaniga)

Haaland, Jesus (Taylor)

I think Tomiyasu got injury issues so Dalot could be better particular when you got Ramsdale as well.

Taylor probably not playing I think. Risk he drops in value when people see that.

With 4.5 attackers you should pick the one experienced players pick since then they will less likely sub them out.

The casual picks probably go down faster I think.

Ramsdale (Gazzaniga)

Haaland, Jesus (Taylor)

Fairly template tbf. Would consider swapping out Tomiyasu for another £4.5 defender as he's injured again and you've already got Ramsdale.

Keep an eye on Haaland as well.

Unless something happens like injuries or transfers, I think I'm set with my team:

Ederson
TAA, Chillwell, James, Dias
Salah, Martinelli, Diaz, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Hennessey, Williams, Andreas, Greenwood

Pretty template but enough manoeuvrability if I need to shift things around.

Should see me well for the first 1-8 GWs, then WC.

Sancho seems very sharp, might consider putting him onto my team. And we don't have a bad run of fixtures from 1-6.

Bailey looking sharp as well. Can see why people are looking at him as an option if he looks like starting.

Bailey looking sharp as well. Can see why people are looking at him as an option if he looks like starting.

Yeah just risky. He would be a fantastic squad player if nailed. Without nailedness you will bench his hauls and start him for the 1 pointers.

2nd draft
Mendy
Robbo Chilwell Dalot White
Diaz Salah Kulu Odegaard
Kane Jesus

subs: Olsen, Undav, N. Williams, Andreas

Martinez
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / Cash
Son / Mahrez / Luis Diaz / Sancho
Jesus

Subs: Caballero / Awoniyi / Andreas / Undav

Draft no 14
Too light up front...

How do people feel about Sancho? I can upgrade Neto to him but making some sacrifices elsewhere but not sure if worth it...

I would need to drop Cancelo to Dias and then drop either Ederson to Raya or Chillwell to Trippier...

It's he worth those kinds of downgrades?

How do people feel about Sancho? I can upgrade Neto to him but making some sacrifices elsewhere but not sure if worth it...

I would need to drop Cancelo to Dias and then drop either Ederson to Raya or Chillwell to Trippier...

It's he worth those kinds of downgrades?

We're all watching the Ronaldo situation to see what the state of play is with United players.
If Ronaldo is either off, or deemed unfit for the first few games, then Martial, Rashford and Sancho definitely enter the thoughts don't they?

Having said that, I had Martial for a fair while when he was an OOP player and even then he never seemed to produce enough!

Perisic going to start for Spurs? Whats the consensus

He has not played yet but trained this week and is on the bench today against Rangers. He is supposed to get a run in today. I have Doherty at the moment but Spurs started Sessengon and Emerson as wing backs , so who knows who starts the first game. Spurs play Roma next Saturday in their last pre season game, surely who starts the will play the first game.

He has not played yet but trained this week and is on the bench today against Rangers. He is supposed to get a run in today. I have Doherty at the moment but Spurs started Sessengon and Emerson as wing backs , so who knows who starts the first game. Spurs play Roma next Saturday in their last pre season game, surely who starts the will play the first game.
They have so many defenders on their books. No one knows who starts. They have 3 RBs and 3 LBs and plethora of center backs.

They have so many defenders on their books. No one knows who starts. They have 3 RBs and 3 LBs and plethora of center backs.

That's the problem. But I thought Emerson was going to be sold, which would make it clear choice between Doherety and the new kid Spencer for right wing back.

Luca Moura has come on for Emerson, that's the second time Moura has been brought on as right wing back. Makes it harder to predict who Conte will use as wing backs the first game.

Last edited:
That's the problem. But I thought Emerson was going to be sold, which would make it clear choice between Doherety and the new kid Spencer for right wing back.

Lucas Moura has also played there in pre-season too unfortunately. So it really creates confusion about that position. It’s really frustrating because Doherty is straight in my team otherwise.

Lucas Moura has also played there in pre-season too unfortunately. So it really creates confusion about that position. It’s really frustrating because Doherty is straight in my team otherwise.

Moura has just been brought on for Emerson. I have Doherety as well for now.

Kane and Son on fire. So much want one, but I am turned off that I have no clue who is better.

With Haaland and Salah I feel they will be the main source for goals.

Kane and Son on fire. So much want one, but I am turned off that I have no clue who is better.

With Haaland and Salah I feel they will be the main source for goals.
I’ve gone for Kane. A tough one this season though with haaland and even Nunez coming to the league. Thought it be easier going for someone that does it year in year out in the prem.