Fantasy Premier League 22/23

No Neto? He don't know what he's doing!!!
No disrespect to him and I've listened to him a lot on different pods. It was his second season and he won it. Was definitely a bit of luck especially how swingy last season was. Still amazing achievement obviously.

I prefer listening to more experienced managers with multiple great ranks and they know a lot better on how the game works on a macro level.

Either way I'm hopeless to ever grasp any of that. :lol:

No disrespect to him and I've listened to him a lot on different pods. It was his second season and he won it. Was definitely a bit of luck especially how swingy last season was. Still amazing achievement obviously.

I prefer listening to more experienced managers with multiple great ranks and they know a lot better on how the game works on a macro level.

Either way I'm hopeless to ever grasp any of that. :lol:
What they saying about Neto?

Legit question as I don't really follow much about FPL apart from in here and occasionally Twitter/Reddit for early lineups.

What they saying about Neto?

Legit question as I don't really follow much about FPL apart from in here and occasionally Twitter/Reddit for early lineups.
He's pretty popular so far obviously. But not as much a no brainer as it seems on Twitter. A lot are moving around the budget picks given United and Arsenal assets have good value. Still a worthy punt nevertheless just that Wolves are very uncertain and you want to stick with big teams at the start of the season which is why a lot of trying to go for arsenal or united bargains over wolves villa etc who may have better fixtures.

This needed a trigger warning. Brought back the memories of owning three Burnley players ffs. :lol: :lol:

Does Da Silva takes set pieces after Eriksen? I think Brownhill did though and he never got any assists haha when I had him.

Whenever he returned, he was stuck on my bench and whenever I needed him... The cnut didn't play :mad:

Like Livramento for me haha. The one time Livramento came on was vs Norwich I think and he got two points.

Second on my bench was Dennis with a huge haul against us with 13 or 14 points.

Risking no Salah or Haaland. I just have a feeling Pep won’t start Haaland the first game.

Mendy
TAA - Malacia - Dias - James
Diaz - Sancho - Grealish - Sterling
Kane - Jesus

4m keeper - Bailey - Tomiyasu - Broja

Malacia is a potential weak point if he doesn’t start but I can sub in Tomiyasu. I like Bailey as a cheap bench option.

Grealish I think will have a typical Pep 2nd season and at 7m is worth a punt.

Any suggestions?

Was tempted by Darwin by 1m more than Diaz is steep.

Risking no Salah or Haaland. I just have a feeling Pep won’t start Haaland the first game.

Mendy
Kane - Jesus

Malacia is a potential weak point if he doesn’t start but I can sub in Tomiyasu. I like Bailey as a cheap bench option.

Any suggestions?

I think if you go no Salah, your team has to have all the money in it. You have 2 million extra on your bench so you are basically choosing between Sterling/Dias/bench and Salah/Walker.

I think you need to get that 2 million into your team and make an eleven that you obviously couldn’t have with Salah.

Mayhe find a way to get Dias up to Cancelo and Malacia up to Robertson

Kane first week and then move to Haaland is an interesting idea.
But it's not great knowing you have to make a transfer, as something else will always happen.
Like some 4.5mill defender emerging as the hot riser that you need to get on, or he'll be 5m by week 3.

Kane first week and then move to Haaland is an interesting idea.
But it's not great knowing you have to make a transfer, as something else will always happen.
Like some 4.5mill defender emerging as the hot riser that you need to get on, or he'll be 5m by week 3.
Yeah hate making transfers after week 1 unless I absolutely have to. I will not being making the change from Haaland to Kane and vice versa no matter their performance.

I think if you go no Salah, your team has to have all the money in it. You have 2 million extra on your bench so you are basically choosing between Sterling/Dias/bench and Salah/Walker.

I think you need to get that 2 million into your team and make an eleven that you obviously couldn’t have with Salah.

Mayhe find a way to get Dias up to Cancelo and Malacia up to Robertson

Upgrading Malacia is a good shout. I think Cancelo will be rotated more this year so happy with Dias for now.

Good point. Delap is rumoured to be joining Saints which would free up 1m (from Broja) and he may get some games.

I think I can only free up 2m on the bench so I can go to VVD. I could do with finding a way to downgrade one of Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Diaz to free up 1-2m or so.

Robertson/Mount (or Havertz) is only 0.5m more than Sterling/Malacia.

Upgrading Malacia is a good shout. I think Cancelo will be rotated more this year so happy with Dias for now.

Good point. Delap is rumoured to be joining Saints which would free up 1m (from Broja) and he may get some games.

I think I can only free up 2m on the bench so I can go to VVD. I could do with finding a way to downgrade one of Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Diaz to free up 1-2m or so.

Robertson/Mount (or Havertz) is only 0.5m more than Sterling/Malacia.

Fair enough point on Dias, and it’s something I had thought about too. Maybe go for Martial up top instead of Sancho, and use the 2.5 to get Malacia up to Robertson? Ronaldo is almost certainly off and you would think Martial would be starting those first games up top after his pre-season, and could well be more involved in the goals.

Bench of a loaned Delap, Andreas and Williams is cheap as chips but they will all get minutes and a few of them could easily be playable depending on how their teams start.

Mendy
Kane - Jesus

Any suggestions?

It’s an ok first XI but as @Maluco said, having money on the bench is not really worth it. Especially in this season when the chips mean we likely play short term and look a few weeks ahead (max)

Seeing Castagne linked with a move away. If that happened, it definitely makes Justin/Pereira better options.

Having Dalot and one of those as a rotation at the back could be a nice option.

Raya/Saka/4.5 mid or Alisson/Neto(bench)/Martinelli?
I would get ederson ahead of Allison. Liverpool have so many good players that will get good minutes whereas city have loads of food players who get rotated.

You don't want to block a Liverpool outfield player due to having their gk

I would get ederson ahead of Allison. Liverpool have so many good players that will get good minutes whereas city have loads of food players who get rotated.

You don't want to block a Liverpool outfield player due to having their gk
Salah and Diaz seems too much for me. Isn't better to avoid double attackers from same team? Who are not called Son and Kane of course

Another go at a threemium…

Raya

TAA
James
Trippier/Walker (if Cuca isn’t signed)
Dalot
Robertson/Cancelo

de Bruyne/Son
Martinelli

Kane
Haaland
Martial/Grealish

Fewer risks in this one. Loads of options at both 5.0 and 4.5 at the back, and I’m feeling more and more confident about Martinelli and Martial.

If you had no issues after week 1, you could do Son to de Bruyne and get a massive score potentially.

I am not saying I would go for it, but it’s definitely viable. It might be foolish, but it’s definitely more interesting to look into options like this. No Salah AND Threemium would at least keep things interesting.

No better season to try it than this one either.

Kane Captain week 1, Haaland week 2 and then Salah has a world class United that will completely shut him down in week 3:nervous:

Last edited:
Jesus is now currently the most owned player, when I first picked him, I expected him to be a slight differential :lol:

2nd draft, thoughts?

7-F5425-DE-12-BA-48-F9-ACCE-028651685-C10.png

Can someone talk me out of 523 because I cant help but like my team, but it looks weird having 2 in the middle :lol:

Mendy

Trent
Dalot
Cancelo
James
Zinchenko

Salah
Rashford

Darwin
Kane
Martial

If Ronaldo leaves I think martial is a cert of a 9 for us. Imagine an ETH striker being valued at 7m. Its my risk along with Darwin, but I do feel well covered with City, Chelsea and Liverpool cover defensively.

I have Saka and thinking between Diaz/Mahrez/Foden :lol:

There's a lot of value in the 8m midfielders. I have Dias and leaning towards adding Saka as well. I like both Mahrez and Foden but am tired of losing out to Pep' s rotation. If I could be sure of either Mahrez or Foden starting I would pick them.

Salah and Diaz seems too much for me. Isn't better to avoid double attackers from same team? Who are not called Son and Kane of course
Nah, Liverpool are very attacking and both those can smash it. You have to compare Diaz with other 8m players... Double ups are not an issue as long as the double up are from a top 4 side in my opinion.
One spot in midfield open 8 m to spend, Saka, Mount, Foden or Marhez, already have Dias.
Depends on rest of your team. Just player for player, I would rate them:

Saka
Mount
Foden
Mahrez

Haaland or KdB?
Haaland

Mendy
Cancelo TAA Trippier Tomiyasu
Salah Diaz Mahrez Neto
Jesus Haaland

wanted to try and fit in Cancelo. but think Raya, Laporte, James will out score Mendy, Cancelo & Tomiyasu

Mendy
Cancelo TAA Trippier Tomiyasu
Salah Diaz Mahrez Neto
Jesus Haaland

wanted to try and fit in Cancelo. but think Raya, Laporte, James will out score Mendy, Cancelo & Tomiyasu
My English is not good as i think; you think that they will out score them but you still will not pick them?

2nd draft, thoughts?

7-F5425-DE-12-BA-48-F9-ACCE-028651685-C10.png
Not the worst draft I’ve seen, but I’m not a fan of rotating goalkeepers so I would replace Guaita with a 4.0 and Andersen with Williams 4.0 (Forest) which gives 1m to go Moutinho to Martinelli. Also I would go Mendy over Sa for Chelsea coverage.

Can someone talk me out of 523 because I cant help but like my team, but it looks weird having 2 in the middle :lol:

Mendy

Trent
Dalot
Cancelo
James
Zinchenko

Salah
Rashford

Darwin
Kane
Martial

If Ronaldo leaves I think martial is a cert of a 9 for us. Imagine an ETH striker being valued at 7m. Its my risk along with Darwin, but I do feel well covered with City, Chelsea and Liverpool cover defensively.

Never thought of 5-2-3, thought it was an illegal formation. The only question is who do you have on your bench if some of your starting 11 don't start?

Makes me wonder if James and Perisic will out score Rashford and Bruno (Newcastle)?

Never thought of 5-2-3, thought it was an illegal formation. The only question is who do you have on your bench if some of your starting 11 don't start?

Makes me wonder if James and Perisic will out score Rashford and Bruno (Newcastle)?
I actually have Bailey who seems to be starting on the right wing for Gerrard's Villa. Then Andreas and Ebiowe. All are attacking mids.

Mendy

Trent
Dalot
Cancelo
James
Zinchenko

Salah
Rashford

Darwin
Kane
Martial

I'll try... Midfielders tend to be the highest scoring players so having only 2 is crazzzzyyyyy