Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Same. I keep telling myself that this wildcard was to navigate the next 4 weeks or so without using a chip. Have Toney, MacAllister and Raya in for 27 already and will probably add another Brighton player before then as well. I'll add Watkins or Felix in 28 and should have 8/9 players hopefully. I still don't really like the doubles in 29 and Arsenal have Leeds at home so easy to play them + Haaland and a mix of doublers. By then I should know whether to build towards 32 or 34 and plan for my FH/BB accordingly.

It's very tight at the top of my cash league. My rival played his FH this week where I wildcarded and our teams are incredibly similar. Luckily for him he gets to go back to his old one after it's over though :lol:
Ain't an FPL season if you don't follow a WC with a filthy -8. :lol:

Ain't an FPL season if you don't follow a WC with a filthy -8. :lol:

Yeah standard. Tbh the core of my team is still solid. Raya, Trippier, Gabriel, Saka, McAllister, Rashford, Haaland, Toney.

Salah, Nketiah and TAA are ok to hold short term (maybe Nketiah less so after being dropped at the weekend) and Pickford, Tarks, Kilman, McNeil are all bench fodder to be shifted individually as I build for a BB possibly in 34. Am likely playing the latter 4 in BGW28 as well for a solid 5 points.

Last edited:
Thank god I stuck with Kane. But 39 with 7 players to go doesn’t feel me with confidence. Glad my mini league competitor is struggling with me and I have a comfortable 100+ points lead on the guy in 2nd

Same. I keep telling myself that this wildcard was to navigate the next 4 weeks or so without using a chip. Have Toney, MacAllister and Raya in for 27 already and will probably add another Brighton player before then as well. I'll add Watkins or Felix in 28 and should have 8/9 players hopefully. I still don't really like the doubles in 29 and Arsenal have Leeds at home so easy to play them + Haaland and a mix of doublers. By then I should know whether to build towards 32 or 34 and plan for my FH/BB accordingly.

It's very tight at the top of my cash league. My rival played his FH this week where I wildcarded and our teams are incredibly similar. Luckily for him he gets to go back to his old one after it's over though :lol:

Yeah, I am trying to think the same way. I should have 5 for the Brighton/Brentford fixtures but then will only have 7 for 28. I really don’t want to waste a free hit on a single gameweek, so will probably just take a hit to get 9 players out and be done with it. I don’t fancy the double anymore either so maybe I will just do the same and save the free hit for later. Having Chelsea/West Ham/Leicester assets going forward wouldn’t be ideal, whereas I don’t mind having Brentford and Brighton ones.

In my main league, the leader did the free hit too and has almost exactly the same team with Gakpo instead of Darwin and has the captaincy on Salah, so I need a Saka haul to make up any ground.

And where's his ban? How's he getting away with this gambling lark?

Definitely one of those cases where a reasonably high profile player gets away with things more than a lower one.
My boys Wycombe had someone banned for 2-3months with way lower numbers of bets. And I dare say much quicker dealt with too.

Bet they drop his "3 month ban" in mid May or something!

Thank god I stuck with Kane. But 39 with 7 players to go doesn’t feel me with confidence. Glad my mini league competitor is struggling with me and I have a comfortable 100+ points lead on the guy in 2nd

I've got him, but he still only got 6 points. Need more for his price point.

However, I always felt nervous about a switch to Nunez for a -4. People who did that basically need a 2 goal outing from him just to slightly scrape into a positive return.

I've got him, but he still only got 6 points. Need more for his price point.

However, I always felt nervous about a switch to Nunez for a -4. People who did that basically need a 2 goal outing from him just to slightly scrape into a positive return.
I'll just take an appearance at this rate

Such a shitty week. Totally forgot to change the team and have players from team who did not have any game this week.

I love the fact that the go to man to repair the damage of this week for most people is .. Ivan fecking Trolley. Like landing in a puddle of shit and using a cactus to scrub it off your ass.

Reading every Twitter account post this. No idea what it's about but I guess they must know something.

Also seeing Haaland sale gaining momentum. Would be grand to get his EO below 100.

Assuming it's because they have 3 x Liverpool players and Liverpool v Fulham would be off.

Am on Saka at the moment.
Rashford against Trent could be a massacre as well. I'm probably on Saka as well but that would again mean playing with 9 men as both Rashford and the big fella will be over 100 EO.

Theres probably some rationale to sell the big fella if you're not gonna captain him but then there's risk of getting absolutely pasted as he'd probably batter the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool which people seem to be ignoring him for. Reminds me of when I sold Cancelo last season when he was gonna have a blank and a couple of "tricky fixtures" and it ended my season. :lol:

Assuming it's because they have 3 x Liverpool players and Liverpool v Fulham would be off.

Why not just FH in 28 then? Surely they knew this could happen before piling on them this GW but there was no talk of WC26. Looks more like a knee jerk after they blanked.

You'd also want triple United on any WC from now but they play at Anfield in 26 which is probably an easy game for now but still not ideal to WC into. A lot of the current WC seem to be booked with transfers immediately after. And not sure if they are gonna BB soon either.

Why not just FH in 28 then? Surely they knew this could happen before piling on them this GW but there was no talk of WC26. Looks more like a knee jerk after they blanked.

You'd also want triple United on any WC from now but they play at Anfield in 26 which is probably an easy game for now but still not ideal to WC into. A lot of the current WC seem to be booked with transfers immediately after. And not sure if they are gonna BB soon either.

Who's your third United player? Bruno? Assuming Shaw and Rashford are locks. Will aim to get them in after bgw28.

Who's your third United player? Bruno? Assuming Shaw and Rashford are locks. Will aim to get them in after bgw28.
Yep Bruno. I'd rather have him vs Southampton at home and the double in 29 over other premiums. If you FH in 28 then the blank is not an issue. At least for a WC right now he should be the second premium.

Bruno, De Gea or Dalot all good picks I'd assume. Dalot was a bonus points magnet earlier in the season. But not sure doubling up United defence is a good idea. Assuming Shaw is locked in as the other one.

Bruno, De Gea or Dalot all good picks I'd assume. Dalot was a bonus points magnet earlier in the season. But not sure doubling up United defence is a good idea. Assuming Shaw is locked in as the other one.

Definitely prefer Bruno over that lot. Much higher ceiling. DDG is a boring pick and Dalot is a rotation risk now.

Definitely prefer Bruno over that lot. Much higher ceiling. DDG is a boring pick and Dalot is a rotation risk now.
Yeah, mine too. If only Martial could stay fit. He would be such an easy choice especially considering his price.

Will be amazing if Brentford have have a double, then play in a blank and then have another double in 3 GWs and the only pick from their team is suspended. :lol:
Hey, don't talk trash about my goalkeeper.:D

Kidding aside, maybe they will slap Toney a ban in May which he will basically do during the summer.

It's going to be very interesting this week. I imagine a lot of people who went Triple Liverpool last week will push the wildcard button now.

I'm now looking at not playing any chip at all until 29 as I only have Salah. Hahahaha.

It's going to be very interesting this week. I imagine a lot of people who went Triple Liverpool last week will push the wildcard button now.

I'm now looking at not playing any chip at all until 29 as I only have Salah. Hahahaha.
indeed, flavour of the week is a wildcard now. I have 5 blankers in 28, so can still make it with just the FTs. Would love if Ferguson was a good option for Brighton DGWs, I already have Toney (soon to offload, but still hoping he'll be fine for the double) but need to get rid of donkey Darwin soon!

Sell sell sell??

I've only just feckin brought him back. If they've taken that story from the Daily Mail I don't think there's really any new news on how soon the ban will be. It's just telling us that he's admitted some offences and is contesting others. There won't be any ban until presumably after the hearing which again could be any time.

Would be great if it was after 28 now as a Toney and Raya owner.

I've only just feckin brought him back. If they've taken that story from the Daily Mail I don't think there's really any new news on how soon the ban will be. It's just telling us that he's admitted some offences and is contesting others. There won't be any ban until presumably after the hearing which again could be any time.

Your the first person I thought of when the news broke :lol:

Saw a post on Reddit that posted their WC team + plans for upcoming GWs;

Raya

James - Gabriel - Estupinan

Maddison - Saka - Rashford - Mitoma

Haaland - Kane - Toney

subs:

Kepa - March - Mee - Trippier

Strongly considering to activate WC for GW26.

In this team I have 6 doublers for GW27, 8 players for GW28, and 11 doublers for GW29.

With 3 transfers available until GW29, I am planning to change Haaland + Kane -> Watkins + Felix in GW28, which means 10 players for GW28 and 13 doublers for GW29, plus Gabriel and Saka with singles.

I will still have 1 extra transfer in GW29 if needed for injuries or Toney suspension, and definitely planning to bring Haaland back for GW30.

Using BB in GW29 and saving FH and TC for later.

---

Looks decent. No Shaw coverage is questionable (and James over him is mental), and 6 Brighton + Brentford feels excessive, even with their doubles.

Last edited:

There's still no talk of a ban coming imminently so you might be alright. It's crazy this has dragged on as long as it has already, to be honest.

If Toney's ban is announced before the 27 deadline that will really help my team.

Saw a post on Reddit that posted their WC team + plans for upcoming GWs;

Raya

James - Gabriel - Estupinan

Maddison - Saka - Rashford - Mitoma

Haaland - Kane - Toney

subs:

Kepa - March - Mee - Trippier

Strongly considering to activate WC for GW26.

In this team I have 6 doublers for GW27, 8 players for GW28, and 11 doublers for GW29.

With 3 transfers available until GW29, I am planning to change Haaland + Kane -> Watkins + Felix in GW28, which means 10 players for GW28 and 13 doublers for GW29, plus Gabriel and Saka with singles.

I will still have 1 extra transfer in GW29 if needed for injuries or Toney suspension, and definitely planning to bring Haaland back for GW30.

Using BB in GW29 and saving FH and TC for later.

---

Looks decent. No Shaw coverage is questionable (and James over him is mental), and 6 Brighton + Brentford feels excessive, even with their doubles.
That looks like a lot of dead weight after GW29. For now I'm looking more at free hitting in 29 mainly as I don't want to have loads of players from Brighton, Brentford, Leicester etc. while shipping out Arsenal, City ones.

That looks like a lot of dead weight after GW29. For now I'm looking more at free hitting in 29 mainly as I don't want to have loads of players from Brighton, Brentford, Leicester etc. while shipping out Arsenal, City ones.
How many players will you get out for the blank in GW28? At the moment, I've got Shaw, Trent, Mahrez, Salah, Rashford, and Haaland out. Means I'll be starting the likes of Bueno and Greenwood again for negligible points. Also not sure outside of Haaland which City players are even worth having.