Fantasy Premier League 22/23

You guys managed to feck my threemium so i have this now. I am open to criticsm as always :D
Raya, dross
Dalot, Cancelo, Taa, James, Perisic
Salah, Mahrez, Saka (Murphy , Pereira)
FC Martial, Kane (c) ( Greenwood)

Removed Haaland, Neto and Martinelli from original team and put Saka, Mahrez and Martial

I wonder why people are so against the threemium with an eleven that will start the season, but are quite happy to start with Mahrez, who gets rotated every single year.

I also think arsenal are a trap for the first two fixtures. Palace will beat them.

I’m starting to think Cancelo is a trap. Pep seems to love Cucurella and he will at least have to rotate Walker/Cucu/Cancelo. At 7.0 you wouldn’t want your defender to ever be rested. Then again all of City defenders will sit every now and again, so maybe Ederson is the best bet (though he never scores any bonus points).

I’m starting to think Cancelo is a trap. Pep seems to love Cucurella and he will at least have to rotate Walker/Cucu/Cancelo. At 7.0 you wouldn’t want your defender to ever be rested. Then again all of City defenders will sit every now and again, so maybe Ederson is the best bet (though he never scores any bonus points).

I don’t know about trap, but there definitely needs to be caution. Cucurella will play games, and he is not a Zinchenko replacement. He is a left back that Pep has long admired.

Even on the right, Cancelo won’t have the same impact on the game, and Walker will want minutes in a World Cup year.

Cancelo was overplayed last season because of Mendy and Zinchenko was seen as a stop gap. Cucurella is a serious option.

Draft without Perisic

4.5 (4.0)
TAA Robertson James Chilwell Trippier/Cucurella
Salah Sancho Rashford (4.5 4.5)
Jesus Haaland (4.5)

4.5 (4.0)
TAA James Chilwell Trippier/Cucurella (Tomiyasu)
Salah Dias Sancho Neto (4.5)
Jesus Haaland

You guys managed to feck my threemium so i have this now. I am open to criticsm as always :D
Raya, dross

Removed Haaland, Neto and Martinelli from original team and put Saka, Mahrez and Martial

Thats a lot better. You’ve a lot more flexibility. You can also always change Kane to son/KDB or Haaland in two transfers if they smash it. Unless you’ve captained Salah and he blanks for a few weeks against the lads above who end up totally smashing it as captains you’ll still be well in touch with an easy team to tinker with.

Arrite boys I think this is potentially my final draft..

TAA James Cancelo Dalot Castagne
Salah Mahrez
Kane Martial Jesus

Bench: Murphy, Pereira, Colback

Few points to note;
1) the only change I do see myself making is bringing in Robertson in place of Cancelo and switch Alisson for Ederson just cuz at 7m I can’t risk Cancelo being rested while also feeling secure that the one guy who won’t suffer from Peps rotation is the GK
2) I may also swap Martial and bring in Sancho and for that one of Dalot/Castagne will have to go for a 4m defender.. since I’m sacrificing my bench I need my first 11 to be guaranteed starters and I don’t see Ronaldo coming off the bench much even if Martial is performing well.. in that scenario he’ll probably still start but on the LW in place of Rashford and I always prefer a striker to a midfielder just cuz they’re always always more involved in goals and that’s also the same reason I still prefer Jesus over Saka
3) I also lowkey really like Castagne so if I do have to give up someone it’ll be Dalot just cuz I don’t trust United defense to keep many clean sheets.. obviously our defence was already shambolic last season and now with such an offensive minded coach I again doubt the clean sheets, at least in the beginning when players potentially wouldn’t be performing that well defensively in a new system.. I also think that Castagne will most likely be in the starting 11 most frequently just cuz of the type of player he is offensively and he may make up for conceded goals with assists etc
4) I also think Mahrez is hugely underrated.. he’s a proven PL player and this season his biggest RW threat Jesus is gone so that position is basically his to hold and he may end the season at 9/9.5 potentially.. while Haaland is injured if I had to pick an alternative offensive city player then Mahrez is the one guy I feel safest about to not suffer from the rotation roulette
5) I would love some feedback from you folks about which 4m defender to pick if I was to swap Martial for Sancho just cuz the 4m defender will be a starter for me and that’s basically accepting 1/2 points every game week unless he’s an anomaly like we’ve seen in past seasons (Livra, Lundstram) and totally worth it.. or I could sacrifice my 5.5 goalie for a cheaper one but I feel like Alisson/Ederson are like guaranteed clean sheets 90% of the season so those steady points are vital and I just don’t see any other goalie getting that many clean sheets that often.. maybe Lloris just cuz I’ve always trusted Conte defensively..

Salah Mahrez
Kane Martial Jesus

Few points to note;
1) the only change I do see myself making is bringing in Robertson in place of Cancelo and switch Alisson for Ederson just cuz at 7m I can’t risk Cancelo being rested while also feeling secure that the one guy who won’t suffer from Peps rotation is the GK
2) I may also swap Martial and bring in Sancho and for that one of Dalot/Castagne will have to go for a 4m defender.. since I’m sacrificing my bench I need my first 11 to be guaranteed starters and I don’t see Ronaldo coming off the bench much even if Martial is performing well.. in that scenario he’ll probably still start but on the LW in place of Rashford and I always prefer a striker to a midfielder just cuz they’re always always more involved in goals and that’s also the same reason I still prefer Jesus over Saka
3) I also lowkey really like Castagne so if I do have to give up someone it’ll be Dalot just cuz I don’t trust United defense to keep many clean sheets.. obviously our defence was already shambolic last season and now with such an offensive minded coach I again doubt the clean sheets, at least in the beginning when players potentially wouldn’t be performing that well defensively in a new system.. I also think that Castagne will most likely be in the starting 11 most frequently just cuz of the type of player he is offensively and he may make up for conceded goals with assists etc
4) I also think Mahrez is hugely underrated.. he’s a proven PL player and this season his biggest RW threat Jesus is gone so that position is basically his to hold and he may end the season at 9/9.5 potentially.. while Haaland is injured if I had to pick an alternative offensive city player then Mahrez is the one guy I feel safest about to not suffer from the rotation roulette
5) I would love some feedback from you folks about which 4m defender to pick if I was to swap Martial for Sancho just cuz the 4m defender will be a starter for me and that’s basically accepting 1/2 points every game week unless he’s an anomaly like we’ve seen in past seasons (Livra, Lundstram) and totally worth it.. or I could sacrifice my 5.5 goalie for a cheaper one but I feel like Alisson/Ederson are like guaranteed clean sheets 90% of the season so those steady points are vital and I just don’t see any other goalie getting that many clean sheets that often.. maybe Lloris just cuz I’ve always trusted Conte defensively..

1. I have Robertson myself but am not a fan of doubling up on same teams defensively and you already have TAA. Cancelo is solid but may be affected by the potential Cucurella transfer...if so, you could go Laporte and free up some cash.

2. I'd go with the swap. Just my opinion but I think Martial is flattering to deceive and I can't see him being a regular (point scoring) midfielder, when we actually get down to business. Neco Williams at Forest is a very attacking fullback who is a guaranteed starter at 4.0, I have him in my team.

3. Good point...hadn't thought of him tbh but might be worth a look as they have a decent set of fixtures.

4. Fair point but you just know Pep is going to have your pants down!! I originally had Mahrez and might still squeeze him in, I've just been burnt too many times by Pep and for the money, I'd probably go for someone like Mount who I think will do well this season.

5. See point 2

Raya, dross

Actually, I liked the threemium

What are people's thoughts on leaving out Haaland from the start? Seems injured and won't have had a full pre-season if he does get fit.

Also anyone else finding the site slow on browser? When I scroll it seems to take ages.

Also anyone else finding the site slow on browser? When I scroll it seems to take ages.
They have done some shit with the graphics so now it's very demanding on my Laptop using browser for me also very sluggish and slow!

They have done some shit with the graphics so now it's very demanding on my Laptop using browser for me also very sluggish and slow!

Weird! Yeah I can hear my laptop struggling whenever I load the site.

Salah Mahrez
Kane Martial Jesus

Few points to note;
1. Robertson is a good shout if you have a spare Liverpool slot but you can also get Laporte and save a million with City having the best opening set of fixtures, he should do well.

2. Not sold on Martial. Maybe ok as short term punt but I'd prefer Sancho or Rashy if you're going United.

3. I thought about Castagne but Leicester have horrible fixtures in the first 6.

4. Mahrez will get rotated. Doesn't matter if Jesus has gone... Pep plays anyone anywhere.

5. Neco Williams.

Raya, dross

Looks good to me. Only question the Perisic inclusion because he hasn't been starting yet in their friendlies - think he's a doubt for GW1.

Beyond that it depends on catching the early price swings, so it's entirely luck. Noone can predict which one amongst the premiums (KdB, Salah, Son, Kane, Haaland) will really pop off.

I also don't know if there's better bench fodder than Greenwood / Murphy. Pereira is a solid pick and Nico Williams is a great enabler if you want to go 4 mids instead of 5ATB.

Draft without Perisic

4.5 (4.0)
TAA Robertson James Chilwell Trippier/Cucurella
Salah Sancho Rashford (4.5 4.5)
Jesus Haaland (4.5)

4.5 (4.0)
TAA James Chilwell Trippier/Cucurella (Tomiyasu)
Salah Dias Sancho Neto (4.5)
Jesus Haaland

I like that 1st team on paper, solid. Only problem in the midfield is if United have a stinker its low scoring, so relying on both Rash and Sancho firing.

Feeling strongly pro-Grealish as a pick.
Can be awesome value and I don't see him as someone who would just sit back and let others take the stage. I think him and Foden will start a lot while Mahrez as usual starts more in CL.

Only thing is if Pep shifts Bernardo to the right and plays Grealish in midfield. Pep pretty much changes his setup every season so no idea what will happen.

Can be awesome value and I don't see him as someone who would just sit back and let others take the stage. I think him and Foden will start a lot while Mahrez as usual starts more in CL.

Only thing is if Pep shifts Bernardo to the right and plays Grealish in midfield. Pep pretty much changes his setup every season so no idea what will happen.

No way the latter happens. Bernardo is muck out wide and it completely takes away from what he's good at.

I think it'll just be a case of Foden playing both left/right and rotating with Mahrez/Grealish that way.

It doesn’t look as good as some midfields in the eye test, but when you consider that Rashford on form had the potential to be a 9 million player, and that Martinelli is predicted to give the highest returns for Arsenal in the first 5 games (and is severely underpriced at 6 million), I think it could be a masterstroke for whoever tries it.

If they bang, who are going to be the players that fly up in value early doors?

It will be the likes of Rashford and Martinelli that everyone can fit in.

This teams value could be massive by the break.

It doesn’t look as good as some midfields in the eye test, but when you consider that Rashford on form had the potential to be a 9 million player, and that Martinelli is predicted to give the highest returns for Arsenal in the first 5 games (and is severely underpriced at 6 million), I think it could be a masterstroke for whoever tries it.

If they bang, who are going to be the players that fly up in value early doors?

It will be the likes of Rashford and Martinelli that everyone can fit in.

This teams value could be massive by the break.

How is Martinelli predicted to give the highest returns? That's pure guess work.

Threemium statistically doesn't make sense, there's really not much more to it than that. There's a reason no top FPL players are doing it.

If you think Rashford/Martinelli are the best value in the game, it would still make more sense to use the funds to boost your DEF/GK.

If people are planning to catch the risers i.e. both of Martinelli/Rashford if they perform, then keep in mind Gw1 is spread from friday (Arsenal) to sunday (United).

Last year the price-rises went up pretty quickly from day 1 or 2 if my memory serves me correct

Forwards is really tricky this year. Haaland has his injury issues so might not be ideal. Kane is a worse version of Son.

Vardy quite good, but tricky fixtures. Ronaldo leaving. Darwin rotation risk potentially. Havertz risky with minutes.

The only one I feel confident about is Jesus.

I am a bit tempted with Antonio, Watkins as well or possibly Wilson, but do not trust them right now.

Martial if starting could be the one though.

Also in midfield the last spot is really hard for me.

There is Bailey, Gordon, Martinelli, Rashford, Grealish, Sancho I consider.

The only one I trust to get enough minutes is Sancho, but he cost a lot more than the others.

Tricky AF to get this GW1 right. Lots riding on luck - if you get the premiums right, you'll get a free WC. Rest of the folks will be forced to take an early WC to get in whichever premium is firing.

Feeling strongly pro-Grealish as a pick.

With no Sterling, a 7m attacking Pep player could be golden.
Most of us had him at Villa at a similar price.

Foden could still nick that wide left position, but he has to be starting most games doesn't he?

With no Sterling, a 7m attacking Pep player could be golden.
Most of us had him at Villa at a similar price.

Foden could still nick that wide left position, but he has to be starting most games doesn't he?

Saw it pointed out that Pep signings are often eased in in season one before getting signficantly more gametime in season two.

For example in terms of league minutes Gundogan went from 704 to 1504, Cancelo from 1205 to 2298, Mahrez from 1331 to 1934, Bernardo from 1514 to 2849, etc. I think it was the same for Sane as well. Add in Sterling's departure and I would expect Grealish to see a similar increase in minutes this season.

Saw it pointed out that Pep signings are often eased in in season one before getting signficantly more gametime in season two.

For example in terms of league minutes Gundogan went from 704 to 1504, Cancelo from 1205 to 2298, Mahrez from 1331 to 1934, Bernardo from 1514 to 2849, etc. I think it was the same for Sane as well. Add in Sterling's departure and I would expect Grealish to see a similar increase in minutes this season.
Thing is if Ronaldo exits then its tough to discount Martial at 7m under ETH too.

Also in midfield the last spot is really hard for me.

There is Bailey, Gordon, Martinelli, Rashford, Grealish, Sancho I consider.

The only one I trust to get enough minutes is Sancho, but he cost a lot more than the others.

for what its worth Gordon has been given no 10 - that signals regular game time to me. + Richarlison is out, so one more space for him to occupy

for what its worth Gordon has been given no 10 - that signals regular game time to me. + Richarlison is out, so one more space for him to occupy

Yeah Gordon can be the one for sure. Think I might start with Martinelli/Rashford and if they play less than I thought I can downgrade to someone like Gordon.

Bailey and Rashford feels like they have a shit game and then benched the next one. Martinelli I trust to get more chances even if shit.

With Pep I have no clue what is going on.

Yeah Gordon can be the one for sure. Think I might start with Martinelli/Rashford and if they play less than I thought I can downgrade to someone like Gordon.

Bailey and Rashford feels like they have a shit game and then benched the next one. Martinelli I trust to get more chances even if shit.

With Pep I have no clue what is going on.
Rashford is nailed starter for now and will start as starter in first game or two. But he will be the one who will lose his place if we buy new attacker. Also if Ronaldo stays then i expect that Martial will go left and Rashford on bench. Plus Eriksen will maybe be used on that wing too.
Having said that; this year lots of our players start with great value so it would be wise to pick one.

Regarding Pep; this year (who knows, just my opinion) Mahrez will play a lot with Foden and Grealish changing on the left.

Forwards is really tricky this year. Haaland has his injury issues so might not be ideal. Kane is a worse version of Son.

Vardy quite good, but tricky fixtures. Ronaldo leaving. Darwin rotation risk potentially. Havertz risky with minutes.

The only one I feel confident about is Jesus.

I am a bit tempted with Antonio, Watkins as well or possibly Wilson, but do not trust them right now.

Martial if starting could be the one though.

Vardy is the one I have most confidence in, simply because he is such a big-game player. Even against Arsenal and Chelsea, I'd fancy him to grab a goal. Throw in that his other 2 opening fixtures are Brentford and Saints and he's nailed on for me

Best of the 8m midfielders ?

Mahrez, Mount, Maddison, Saka.

Here's my team guys

Please criticize at your own joy :D

Sanchez

Trent Laporte chilwell trippier
Salah Neto Saka diaz
Jesus haaland

Neco Williams Andreas greenwood