Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Bazunu
Beuno, Tarkowski, Botman
Mahrez, Andreas, Saka, Bruno
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Subs: Sanchez, Trippier, Rashford, Shaw

Players with a blank GW in bold.

Current team with 2 free transfers and 3.4m in the bank. Thinking Botman and Bruno will be the ones to go but unsure on my strategy. Initially I was thinking a Chelsea defender but I don't like the sound of it anymore and Salah but I feel like I'll want to take him out straight away. Any recommendations.

Salah and an Arsenal defender surely?

Using my Free Hit as i've still got it;

Pickford
TAA, Kilman, Robertson
Saka, Odegaard, Gakpo, Neves
Nketiah Kane Haaland

I had some other variations with Salah and Ramsdale in the team instead, but Salah hasnt exactly been on fire lately and is still bloody expensive.

Pickford
TAA, Kilman, Robertson
Nketiah Kane Haaland

I had some other variations with Salah and Ramsdale in the team instead, but Salah hasnt exactly been on fire lately and is still bloody expensive.
Salah still a must IMO if you're on a free hit and he's the most nailed of all LFC assets. I'd try to fix him in. Monitor Darwin's fitness as he might be a better option than Kane for this week. Otherwise a very solid FH team

Pickford
TAA, Kilman, Robertson
Nketiah Kane Haaland

It's Liverpool back on the up, two games against crap teams and you're on a freehit.

To not bring Salah in is utterly unthinkable.
Value doesn't even matter as being on FH you don't even have to blow your team apart to do it.

It's Liverpool back on the up, two games against crap teams and you're on a freehit.

To not bring Salah in is utterly unthinkable.
Value doesn't even matter as being on FH you don't even have to blow your team apart to do it.

I've just tried to work out a potential free hit team for GW28 or GW29.

The former is really unappetising as there's so many big hitters who are likely to be missing.

The latter would potentially leave me with 4 players in 28.

I've no idea how people are navigating GW28 onwards without a FH?!

AM I CRAZY?!?!

Iwobi and Allison vs Pickford and Gakpo? Keep in mind Iwobi and Gakpo one week punts.

Allison being nailed tempt me, but he cost so much.

Decisions to be made after the Liverpool game tonight. I said I would like to keep Kane but I'm not totally averse to TAA, Salah & Darwin in for Patterson, KDB & Kane either.

Hopefully they get battered and I'm put well off again.

Didn't realise the fixtures this weekend - got about 3 starters

Rather the latter. Wouldn't touch any Everton or Wolves attackers even on a one week punt.
Which is your favorite cheap mid punt? I rather not play Pep roulette with Grealish or Mahrez when I have no bench.

I have 7.5 if I go Allison. Ideally I want someone with good fixture, but also play 28 or double 27. Mudryk fits the bill, but not sure.

Buendia maybe. Ward Prowse possibly that double 27.

Zaha would have been perfect if fit.

I am thinking about doing a free hit this week.

Would look something like this :
Sa
TAA-Killman-Saliba
Salah(c)-Saka-Bowen-Neves
Haaland-Darwin-Nketiah

Nketiah could become a cheepo to get in Ödegård/Martinelli/Trossard and go with 5 midfield.

Right now it is (with no FT and not enough to get in Salah) :
Kepa
Robertson-White-Killman
Martinelli-Ödegård-Andreas-Mahrez
Haaland-Kane-Mitro

Ward, Shaw, Rashford, Trippier

Is it worth to splash the FH for that? I am 10 points behind my rival, 80k overall.

I just realized when analysing my transfers.

I have only sold 3 players that returned the next game after I sold them with free transfer. All 3 played Man City when I sold them and they smashed it. Trossard, Toney and Trippier.

Thus I think my biggest issue is not selling the wrong players, but buying the wrong ones as I feel most players I own that few others own turn to shit as soon as I go for them.

What has been the biggest issues for your guys? Captain has not been too bad from me I think as I had most of Haalands hauls.

I am hearing Nunez may have a knock? Is there a chance Jota and Firmino might get a few starts in the next few games?

I think I am taking a -8 if everyone gets through tonight’s game. Liverpool easily have the best double and could be building a little momentum again. This would give me potentially 19 fixtures.

The way I am justifying it is with the Rashford captaincy. I got a massive green arrow despite a poor week and am happy enough to “invest” those points into really attacking the double when some teams will be in disarray.

Kepa
Dawson - Tarkowski - TAA
Salah - Odegaard - Mahrez - Martinelli
Darwin - Haaland - Nketiah

I would obviously prefer to have Saka and just hoping Nketiah can do something in what will be his last two games (if he plays).

This is the make or break stretch of the comeback now. 27,28, 29 will be WC, FH, BB. So it’s all or nothing!

Decisions to be made after the Liverpool game tonight. I said I would like to keep Kane but I'm not totally averse to TAA, Salah & Darwin in for Patterson, KDB & Kane either.

Hopefully they get battered and I'm put well off again.
I'm looking to offload Patterson myself potentially this week - can't see him getting any relevant minutes anytime soon, not with Dyche, not with Coleman his favourite and not with Everton in such a dire situation. Are you short of Tarkowski?
Which is your favorite cheap mid punt? I rather not play Pep roulette with Grealish or Mahrez when I have no bench.

I have 7.5 if I go Allison. Ideally I want someone with good fixture, but also play 28 or double 27. Mudryk fits the bill, but not sure.

Buendia maybe. Ward Prowse possibly that double 27.

Zaha would have been perfect if fit.
Tbh if you don't want a City player, I'm not sure there's many cheap mid punts I like. Odegaard/Saka/Rashford are so template and too cheap for what they offer, so most will keep these three. Salah looks the most nailed for the DGW and you know Klopp will run him to the ground but he's not cheap at all. I don't really fancy Gakpo as I think he's a bit shit and his minutes uncertain, from Villa I'd only honestly consider Watkins. So yeah, I'd probably recommend no one really in this spot :lol: for the DGWs you'll surely want someone from Brighton though, most probably Mitoma. Zaha is never a perfect pick, even if fully fit, I can attest with my many failures :o

I am hearing Nunez may have a knock? Is there a chance Jota and Firmino might get a few starts in the next few games?
Too early to tell so we wait for the Champions League game and any updates. Darwin's injury was shoulder, so you'd think it shouldn't stop him from playing for too long. I hate LFC even without the rotation risk and that's why getting their assets this week is so unpleasant - their DGW is sandwiched between much more demanding games and who the feck knows what Klopp will do. If I were to put my money on certain starters it'd be just Alisson and Salah.

I think I am taking a -8 if everyone gets through tonight’s game. Liverpool easily have the best double and could be building a little momentum again. This would give me potentially 19 fixtures.

The way I am justifying it is with the Rashford captaincy. I got a massive green arrow despite a poor week and am happy enough to “invest” those points into really attacking the double when some teams will be in disarray.

Kepa
Dawson - Tarkowski - TAA
Salah - Odegaard - Mahrez - Martinelli
Darwin - Haaland - Nketiah

I would obviously prefer to have Saka and just hoping Nketiah can do something in what will be his last two games (if he plays).

This is the make or break stretch of the comeback now. 27,28, 29 will be WC, FH, BB. So it’s all or nothing!
I like the logic and if you feel like chasing it might be the way to go. It can obviously backfire with Klopp's rotations, but if you are covered even if the LFC - Fulham game in 28 gets postponed (meaning you're playing the chip anyway), it surely could be a high reward strategy.

I'm looking to offload Patterson myself potentially this week - can't see him getting any relevant minutes anytime soon, not with Dyche, not with Coleman his favourite and not with Everton in such a dire situation. Are you short of Tarkowski?

I am yeah. My original plan was Salah, VVD, Tarkowski in for KDB, Perisic, Patterson and is still the one I'll most likely do. Worried about VVD minutes though coming back so soon after injury. Can't afford TAA or Robertson going that route though.

I like the logic and if you feel like chasing it might be the way to go. It can obviously backfire with Klopp's rotations, but if you are covered even if the LFC - Fulham game in 28 gets postponed (meaning you're playing the chip anyway), it surely could be a high reward strategy.

I think when you are behind and chasing, the gambles become more and more necessary. I am looking at it like this, “my captain got 30 points in a week where a lot of peoples’ captain got 4. Am I willing to cash in 8 of those points to have a swing at those Liverpool fixtures?”

And, despite knowing the risks, the answer has to be yes. If it comes off, it could well be another green arrow going into a massive period.

Yeah I wanna but if I need Salah then I gotta get rid of Kane instead... Dunno what to do.
Even if fit Firminho and Jota will take minutes from Gakpo and Darwin... Hence why now I'm thinking about Salah as he is minutes machine.

roerqo87hkja1.png

It’s kind game week where single GW players might perform better than most double GW and many will get sucked into taking hits for this GW.

For now I feel like WC33 BB34. Free hit one of 28, 29 or 32 based on how shit lands.
I’m feeling that as well, FH 29 if I can as I think there’s a bigger upside Free hitting a double compared to a blank single.

That's very late in the season to use a wildcard. Not even sure the doubles in 34 will be much better. Can already see Arsenal play Chelsea and Liverpool play Spurs.
Doing BB after WC is important though and there's also DGW in 37 which you can plan for. WC generally plans for 5-6 GWs anyway.

Let's see. Navigating till then only with a FH will be tough. I'm willing to ignore DGW27 as it's a bit shite and all good teams have easy games. So possibly 28 or 29 depending on how lucky we get with Liverpool guys etc.

I’m feeling that as well, FH 29 if I can as I think there’s a bigger upside Free hitting a double compared to a blank single.
Bigger upside and also bigger risk because you end up ignoring SGW players who would be playing in this case arsenal and city guys who can hurt you. FH in BGW is always a gain no matter what. I think this kinda pushes me into loading up on triple Liverpool and being open to FH in 28.

A bit sad looking at that. I don’t know if I want to wildcard to a team with Forest and West Ham assets!

Brighton, maybe Chelsea, maybe Leicester attackers, United.

I suppose there could be some serious differncials there if you choose the right players, but Brighton are hard to pin down and Brendan likes to mess up the team again by taking Nacho out for no reason.

You would have to assume there would be a better double than that before season’s end, but I do fancy the Brighton/Brentford lads this week. :nervous:

In all seriousness I can see me going for the big 3 in TAA, Salah and Darwin again because feck it why not. Never mind this Iwobi, McNeil nonsense.

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed Liverpool suddenly stepping back into peak mode...

In all seriousness I can see me going for the big 3 in TAA, Salah and Darwin again because feck it why not. Never mind this Iwobi, McNeil nonsense.

I honestly think it’s a no brainer. Even if they are still struggling, their fixtures are so much better, and if, IF, they are slowly getting back to some semblance of their best…massive gains to be had.