Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Seems a bit pointless. If he joins the league now his points from previous GWs don't count or have I imagined that?

He could still post in here if he wanted regardless.
some of the private leagues get locked for late joiners, but you need to select this option - otherwise you can still join with all the points you've got this season.

not to be petty but I enjoy sitting at the top of the Caf league with quite a few people chasing me and within one good gameweek distance, it's quite exciting - to add a juggernaut that will take the lead and will be impossible to catch kills the vibe a little for me :lol: even more so if it has a bit of a glory hunter feeling as we talk about a lad with his last post on the forum in the previous decade

Last edited:
some of the private leagues get locked for late joiners, but you need to select this option - otherwise you can still join with all the points you've got this season.

not to be petty but I enjoy sitting at the top of the Caf league with quite a few people chasing me and within one good gameweek distance, it's quite exciting - to add a juggernaut that will take the lead and will be impossible to catch kills the vibe a little for me :lol: even more so if it has a bit of a glory hunter feeling as we talk about a lad with his last post on the forum in the previous decade

Yeah seems a bit weird to join a league over halfway through the season if you're miles ahead and aren't even going to post in the thread.

Not like you win anything anyway.
that's the thing, what's the use of a tagline and eternal glory on a forum you've last posted in summer 2019. If I were in top50 and looking to join some new leagues I'd probably go for all the sponsored ones that hand our t-shirts and other merch to the top lads :lol:

To be fair to him he’s on redcafe daily. He just doesn’t post! He didn’t know there was a redcafe league until I told him the other day.

To be fair to him he’s on redcafe daily. He just doesn’t post! He didn’t know there was a redcafe league until I told him the other day.
I still find it a little bit weird to never know about the league visiting here daily and not even bother to ask for the code yourself. Joining the leagues you didn’t care for only when you’re far ahead and so late in the season obviously leaves a bit of a bad taste and has to kill the fun of everyone else in the top, but it’s an open league after all and everyone can find the code in the thread with a basic search

I still find it a little bit weird to never know about the league visiting here daily and not even bother to ask for the code yourself. Joining the leagues you didn’t care for only when you’re far ahead and so late in the season obviously leaves a bit of a bad taste and has to kill the fun of everyone else in the top, but it’s an open league after all and everyone can find the code in the thread with a basic search
tears.gif

Hey guys,

I am planning to post a lot more going forward. I have been a long time viewer of Redcafe and I have always enjoyed reading 90% of the stuff on Redcafe. I sit on here quite a lot and use the forum for a lot of my daily news. I know i hav'nt posted very often and the reason is nothing more then not finding my passwords/for some reason when i got interested in posting my web browser never let me until recently (my technology skills sucks). My brother is a much more active poster then myself and informed me of the redcafe league, and its nothing to do with being a glory hog or anything, but the reason for myself to want to join the league was for a bit of banter with fell cafe people with equal love for football. I have no problems if you guys want to remove me from the league, but i would love to be an active poster going forward and enjoy some banter with everyone in the forum. I also do think i can bring something positive to the table, but honestly it makes no difference to me if you guys dont want me in the league, i will still like to post in here more regulalry and enjoy the forum a bit more. The above posters seem to want to make me in to some evil being of some sorts who wants to take over the redcafe league because of my points total. But in all honesty i am an extremely simple guy (im only in 3-4 leagues with friends) who just wanted to experience a game.

Let me appologise for any offence i have caused, and like i said if you want to remove me from the fantasy league theres not a problem on myself ill carry on enjoying the forum regardless.

Thanks

Yeah seems a bit weird to join a league over halfway through the season if you're miles ahead and aren't even going to post in the thread.
Well i understand the glory hunter part, but it does seem your just annoyed becuase you wont be top any more? Its not like I have accumulated points by cheating or anything? We all started the season from gameweek 1 and everyone has the same chance to get the same amount of points...

Well i understand the glory hunter part, but it does seem your just annoyed becuase you wont be top any more? Its not like I have accumulated points by cheating or anything? We all started the season from gameweek 1 and everyone has the same chance to get the same amount of points...

I guess you can never say how your added competition from the start would have influenced things though. Would the current leader have made different changes to try and overtake you? Would you have done anything different. There's no way of saying for sure.

It's like someone top of their Sunday League asking to join the Prem because technically they've had the chance to get the same amount of points. Ok not exactly but I think you get my point.

I'm not even in the league but those are just my thoughts.

I guess you can never say how your added competition from the start would have influenced things though. Would the current leader have made different changes to try and overtake you? Would you have done anything different. There's no way of saying for sure.

It's like someone top of their Sunday League asking to join the Prem because technically they've had the chance to get the same amount of points. Ok not exactly but I think you get my point.

I'm not even in the league but those are just my thoughts.
Potentially, but more then likely everyone's primary league is'nt going to be the redcafe league. The changes you would most likely make is agasint your other friends on more personal leagues, and to be fair theres pretty much half a season left as well. Its not like there are 2 weeks left of the season. Like i said i have no problems being deleted from the league. For myself i was just up for some banter going forward, which I will add anyway. I can always start from scratch next season now that i want to be more involved.

Potentially, but more then likely everyone's primary league is'nt going to be the redcafe league. The changes you would most likely make is agasint your other friends on more personal leagues, and to be fair theres pretty much half a season left as well. Its not like there are 2 weeks left of the season. Like i said i have no problems being deleted from the league. For myself i was just up for some banter going forward, which I will add anyway. I can always start from scratch next season now that i want to be more involved.

Up to those in the league I guess. You would basically win it easily if you're 42nd in the world so all that would be achieved from this point is stopping someone else from winning it.

It's a slightly odd one to join at this point, imo, when you're so far ahead that you're basically guaranteed the crown. I think it's poor form, personally.

Hey guys,

I am planning to post a lot more going forward. I have been a long time viewer of Redcafe and I have always enjoyed reading 90% of the stuff on Redcafe. I sit on here quite a lot and use the forum for a lot of my daily news. I know i hav'nt posted very often and the reason is nothing more then not finding my passwords/for some reason when i got interested in posting my web browser never let me until recently (my technology skills sucks). My brother is a much more active poster then myself and informed me of the redcafe league, and its nothing to do with being a glory hog or anything, but the reason for myself to want to join the league was for a bit of banter with fell cafe people with equal love for football. I have no problems if you guys want to remove me from the league, but i would love to be an active poster going forward and enjoy some banter with everyone in the forum. I also do think i can bring something positive to the table, but honestly it makes no difference to me if you guys dont want me in the league, i will still like to post in here more regulalry and enjoy the forum a bit more. The above posters seem to want to make me in to some evil being of some sorts who wants to take over the redcafe league because of my points total. But in all honesty i am an extremely simple guy (im only in 3-4 leagues with friends) who just wanted to experience a game.

Let me appologise for any offence i have caused, and like i said if you want to remove me from the fantasy league theres not a problem on myself ill carry on enjoying the forum regardless.

Thanks

I don't think anyone really cares about you joining, to be honest (other than @Red Star One obviously) - it's just your brother making a total mess of it.

Don't feel pressured into posting more. Go back to lurking, and enjoy your future tagline! ;)

No point allowing him now. Its a bit ridiculous for the folks who have been fighting for the top spot all season.
I would definitely be pissed off if I were at the top.

Meh, who cares if he joins now. It's just a game.

I'm totally not saying that as a guy ranked somewhere in the 200s in our league with zero chance of winning it.

And how do you know that? :lol: it's a very template season, obviously many players make decisions based on the mini-league ownership and the Caf league is no different. What you say about portraying yourself as an
evil being of some sorts who wants to take over the redcafe league
is just self-victimisation, no one claims you are an evil being, some might question why would you want to join a league you didn't care for before, with a third of a season to go and only now, having such an absurd advantage :lol: you can read the room here and I think you see yourself there's little doubt about this leaving bad taste and looking just miserable. Skipping the overly dramatic part on "you can kick me out now that someone fixed me the code that I didn't care to look up myself" :lol:

I don't think anyone really cares about you joining, to be honest (other than @Red Star One obviously) - it's just your brother making a total mess of it.
I like to think that the other feckers at the top of the league actually quite care about it too and enjoy the race we've been having - surely those that went with Rash captain this week and more than halved their ground to me must have hoped to have a chance to still nick it!

I like to think that the other feckers at the top of the league actually quite care about it too and enjoy the race we've been having - surely those that went with Rash captain this week and more than halved their ground to me must have hoped to have a chance to still nick it!

Oh, I actually care a lot (which is quite obvious considering the amount I've posted about this already). I've just noticed that all the cool kids act like they don't care about very important subjects.

I'm not top mate and was just discussing the issue in general. The only league I really care about is the one in work. I've been neck and neck for top spot with another lad for months.

I've nothing against you at all but do think joining midway when you're streets ahead is a little odd. The glory hunter comment wasn't me by the way.

EDIT: and use paragraphs if you wanna get promoted

Last edited:
Oh, I actually care a lot (which is quite obvious considering the amount I've posted about this already). I've just noticed that all the cool kids act like they don't care about very important subjects.
Yeah, thanks for admitting. I’m long past the point of being a cool kid I guess :lol:
Don’t think it’s fair to join halfway through with a great score.
Glad to hear, only fair play here for me is to join next season, start like everyone else, suffer the downs enjoy the ups, replicate the success and then bask in glory.

:lol:

I heard even the guy who won FPL last season got screwed by the PL and didn't actually get matchday tickets. Yeah I'm good not winning the whole thing. :lol:
All it'll man for me is I'll move down to 156 on the league :lol:

Brighton and Palace moved a day earlier. Means that those teams plus Brentford and Southampton will definitely double in 27. Only Palace likely to play (vs Arsenal) in 28.

Brighton host Brentford in 29 as well.

Tricky set of gw's to navigate.

Remind me why I shouldn't use my free hit this week.
See GW28 and 32 on the below...

Unless you have like 6 players between United and Saudi FC, you probably can navigate it with a hit or two and save the FH for a more aggressive move later.

I'm using it this week. 28 potentially has way more BG's but looking at the fixtures I don't think there's any need to panic on it. I think with the DGW this week as well it goes hand in hand with the big blanks for this week. Playing the FH this week and it gives more time to plan for week 28 to minimise any damage. Also still have the wildcard that could even be used after week 28. Going to be tough either way with so many DGW's and blanks incoming.

Ended up finishing on 52 pts and bonus points/subs somehow turned a load of my green arrows red and I've dropped about 15k places. What the feck?

Still I'm back ahead in the work league by 9pts. I just can't shake this fella off.

I'm using it this week. 28 potentially has way more BG's but looking at the fixtures I don't think there's any need to panic on it. I think with the DGW this week as well it goes hand in hand with the big blanks for this week. Playing the FH this week and it gives more time to plan for week 28 to minimise any damage. Also still have the wildcard that could even be used after week 28. Going to be tough either way with so many DGW's and blanks incoming.

I'm hoping not to use it for either but we shall see. I should have 5 (3 Arsenal, Tarkowski and Trippier) already and then another 2 at least either way depending on who wins from Leeds v Fulham.

I'm hoping not to use it for either but we shall see. I should have 5 (3 Arsenal, Tarkowski and Trippier) already and then another 2 at least either way depending on who wins from Leeds v Fulham.
There's a chance if I bring 3 LFC players this week, if their game vs Fulham in 28 gets moved it will be almost impossible for me to manage without a free hit there

There's a chance if I bring 3 LFC players this week, if their game vs Fulham in 28 gets moved it will be almost impossible for me to manage without a free hit there

Yeah I think that will be the deciding factor for most that week. I'll hedge my bets and just bring in 2. Actually only having 2 players from 1 team has worked pretty well for me this season so far.

Bazunu
Beuno, Tarkowski, Botman
Mahrez, Andreas, Saka, Bruno
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Subs: Sanchez, Trippier, Rashford, Shaw

Players with a blank GW in bold.

Current team with 2 free transfers and 3.4m in the bank. Thinking Botman and Bruno will be the ones to go but unsure on my strategy. Initially I was thinking a Chelsea defender but I don't like the sound of it anymore and Salah but I feel like I'll want to take him out straight away. Any recommendations.