Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I honestly think it’s a no brainer. Even if they are still struggling, their fixtures are so much better, and if, IF, they are slowly getting back to some semblance of their best…massive gains to be had.
Need Leeds to dispatch Fulham in the cup and you save that chip too.

Cakpo ain't all that mind. He's the one at risk with Jota and Firmino back.

Yeah all being well it'll be TAA, Salah and Darwin in for Patterson, KDB and Kane (-8) tonight.

Think I'll go with Darwin, Trent and Salah. Everyone will probably own either Darwin+Trent or plain out Salah - so might as well triple if you want differential/are chasing.

Current bus team

Kepa
Mings, Ake, Patterson ( :lol: )
Saka, Odegaard, Mahrez, Andreas
Haaland, Kane, Nketiah

Ward, Rashford, Trippier, Shaw
4.6 ITB. 2 FT.

Free: Shaw/Ake, Mahrez to Tarko, Salah. Keep Kane..

-4: Kane, Mahrez, Shaw/Ake to TAA, Salah, Darwin.

-4: Kane, Andreas, Shaw/Ake to Darwin, Salah, Tarko. Keep Mahrez. No Trent. Benching headache.

Anything else? Which one to sell out of Shaw and Ake? I'm looking at the second one.

@CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @others

Current bus team

Kepa
Haaland, Kane, Nketiah

4.6 ITB. 2 FT.

-4: Kane, Andreas, Shaw/Ake to Darwin, Salah, Tarko. Keep Mahrez. No Trent. Benching headache.

Anything else? Which one to sell out of Shaw and Ake? I'm looking at the second one.

Second one. Sell Ake.

Current bus team

Kepa
Haaland, Kane, Nketiah

4.6 ITB. 2 FT.

Wouldn't go ape sht on Liverpool. Two players is probably plenty. I got Tarks in last week. Great facilitator and bound to get some cleanies under Dycheball.

Second one. Sell Ake.
Yeah that's what im thinking as well. Dont need city defender headache. But let's see. I can just do Kane and Mahrez to Salah and Darwin. Decide on the defenders later.

Wouldn't go ape sht on Liverpool. Two players is probably plenty. I got Tarks in last week. Great facilitator and bound to get some cleanies under Dycheball.
Tarko is fine but I don't really need money elsewhere once I sell Kane. If anything I can maybe take another hit to do Patterson to Tarko and keep Shaw although I don't see the sense in keeping Shaw given the fixture run. Liverpool with their fixtures have high ceiling defenders which you gotta go for in a double.

I think that’s potentially a great result for FPL. I am sticking with the triple Liverpool. It could turn their assets into differentials now.

Palace haven’t won in 2023 and Wolves just got beaten at home by Bournemouth.

It is still worth the punt, especially with so many put off them. It’s not like you are choosing them over other top teams on doubles.

Shaw doesn’t play and KdB is ill, so I am definitely taking the punt. If the players I choose start both games, I will already get those 8 points back with no returns.

Well Salah is a lock for KDB.

Can't really get in TAA or Robbo without destroying my team. Is Gomez (4.3m) too risky a punt?
Edit - Gomez did his hammy apparently!

Last edited:
Current bus team

Kepa
Haaland, Kane, Nketiah

4.6 ITB. 2 FT.

Think keep Shaw ahead of Ake as Ake will be rotated non stop now.

I'm gonna get Salah too but hesitant on Darwin because he is unlikely to get 90 minutes with Firminho and Jota back there. The defense is still a joke so not going there at all when most weeks I prefer to play Shaw/Trips/Gabriel.

Think keep Shaw ahead of Ake as Ake will be rotated non stop now.

I'm gonna get Salah too but hesitant on Darwin because he is unlikely to get 90 minutes with Firminho and Jota back there. The defense is still a joke so not going there at all when most weeks I prefer to play Shaw/Trips/Gabriel.
Shaw only has one playable game in next 5 vs Southampton as well so it's tricky. Yeah the defender stuff is tricky.

I have another option of keeping Mahrez, doing Ake/Shaw, Andreas, Kane to Tarko, Salah, Darwin. Not to overinvest in pool. But then once Rashford is back id have no idea who to bench. :lol:

My team would have been so bad without a wildcard or many hits, but I struggle if I should go with Darwin or maybe Alisson.

On one hand Liverpool def is shit, but Darwin miss a lot. Going Darwin gives easy move for Toney.

Alisson I do not want long term.

Gakpo I feel is too big minutes risk as Darwin is playing better.

My team would have been so bad without a wildcard or many hits, but I struggle if I should go with Darwin or maybe Alisson.

On one hand Liverpool def is shit, but Darwin miss a lot. Going Darwin gives easy move for Toney.

Alisson I do not want long term.

Gakpo I feel is too big minutes risk as Darwin is playing better.

One thing I will say is that both Palace and Wolves are low scoring (Wolves the lowest of all with only 17 goals).

It isn’t inconceivable that either full back get a clean sheet and an attacking return over the two games.

People will be put off after tonight, but 180 minutes against Wolves and Palace could just as easily be a haul as a flop.

I feel conflicted. It feels wrong to take out Kane for Darwin as Darwin is having minutes managed now. But it's the only way to get Salah.

Am I chasing doubles when Kane has a great fixture run coming up?

For the freehitters / differential-seekers out there then go for Sarabia (Wolves) - he's looked good and involved the last couple of games, and he's facing Trent (who can't defend) + Fulham.

FFScout is recommending Cunha ahead of him as a differential, but Sarabia's xGI stats are actually better

I don't know what to do this morning after watching them clowns last night. Sitting on this with no FT's left at the moment...

Ramsdale
Patterson Kilman Perisic (Shaw) (Trippier)
Salah Saka Martinelli Andreas (Rashford)
Haaland Kane Gnonto

£1.6m in the bank. Pretty sure Patterson needs to go for someone but can't afford a Liverpool defender (if I even want one) without removing someone else. I guess there's no urgency to make any moves until after the pressers at least now.

I might just bring Tarks in for Patterson and hope he scores from a corner against Villa. Extra GW28 player as well and not hedging all my bets on Liverpool having a game. Keep Kane as well.

I don't know what to do this morning after watching them clowns last night. Sitting on this with no FT's left at the moment...

Ramsdale
Patterson Kilman Perisic (Shaw) (Trippier)
Salah Saka Martinelli Andreas (Rashford)
Haaland Kane Gnonto

£1.6m in the bank. Pretty sure Patterson needs to go for someone but can't afford a Liverpool defender (if I even want one) without removing someone else. I guess there's no urgency to make any moves until after the pressers at least now.
Yeah I'm not getting a Liverpool defender either. Not just because they conceded 5 because palace and wolves are some of the worst attacks still and they are good assets for this GW. But after this I don't see many fixture as easy as this. And they cost a lot which makes it tough to get the funds back if they become a liability. Plus they can blank in 28. Given two attackers is a given for this week is rather keep it at that and not overcommit on them as I don't wanna be forced into a FH28. All those things combined for me is probably enough to leave them for now. But if someone wants to chase their ceiling this week it's completely fine as well.

Yeah I'm not getting a Liverpool defender either. Not just because they conceded 5 because palace and wolves are some of the worst attacks still and they are good assets for this GW. But after this I don't see many fixture as easy as this. And they cost a lot which makes it tough to get the funds back if they become a liability. Plus they can blank in 28. Given two attackers is a given for this week is rather keep it at that and not overcommit on them as I don't wanna be forced into a FH28. All those things combined for me is probably enough to leave them for now. But if someone wants to chase their ceiling this week it's completely fine as well.

I still don't see a path to navigate 28 without a FH tbh. Trouble is I'd be focusing my transfers for 26 and 27 on Brighton and Brentford players who blank. I'd have no Chelsea, no Villa and a sub optimal Arsenal triple up which is why I'm definitely still favouring a wildcard in 26 or 27. Time to fire up a spreadsheet and play around with some drafts.

leaning towards doing Bruno -> Gakpo and Mitro -> Darwin.

Kepa (Ward)
N. Williams - Cucurella - White (Shaw, Trippier)
Ødegaard - Martinelli - Gakpo - Mahrez (Rashford)
Kane - Haaland - Darwin (c)

This means I potentially have 11 players and 5 doubles without a hit.

There is however doubts regarding playing time for several players, so I really doubt I'll end up with 11 playing this week.
Is it worth doing Neco W or Cucu -> Tarkowski for -4?

Also - I still have all chips left. Am I mad for considering TC Darwin?
I'm actually a bit stressed about not having used it yet, and I'm freaking out.

What is everyone's thoughts on captains this week?

I am guessing people with Salah would go with him? Does anyone think any of the Arsenal attack is worth a hit for captain this week?

Even with Liverpool's bad form, im guessing TAA would be a good option for captain too?

I think that’s potentially a great result for FPL. I am sticking with the triple Liverpool. It could turn their assets into differentials now.

Palace haven’t won in 2023 and Wolves just got beaten at home by Bournemouth.

It is still worth the punt, especially with so many put off them. It’s not like you are choosing them over other top teams on doubles.

Yeah, but have you seen Liverpool?

Two good results (against a woeful Everton side and 10 men Newcastle who could and probably should have scored two) and everyone wants to triple up

They lost 3-0 at Molineux three weeks ago.

As good as Madrid were last night, Liverpool have major issues and bar potentially Darwin, are a massive punt at best.

I still don't see a path to navigate 28 without a FH tbh. Trouble is I'd be focusing my transfers for 26 and 27 on Brighton and Brentford players who blank. I'd have no Chelsea, no Villa and a sub optimal Arsenal triple up which is why I'm definitely still favouring a wildcard in 26 or 27. Time to fire up a spreadsheet and play around with some drafts.
I'm the opposite. Happy to ignore the troll double in 27 and get a team out for 28 if possible and FH maybe 29. But not against FH 28 anyway.

I really can't decide between keeping Kane or getting Salah. No way to do both.

Kepa
Bueno, Gabriel, Tarkow
Mahrez, Saka, Martinelli, Andreas
Mitro, Kane, Haaland

Subs: Ward, Shaw, Rashy, Trips

3.6 in the bank
1 free transfer left

I'm massively busy to think at the moment... Can I get a strategy from someone?

@Moby @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @anyone

Thank you in advance

Newcastle, Brighton, United, Leicester and Chelsea mainly. Thats why I was saying it's risky. You FH out Haaland and arsenal players and they can rekt you.

Ok. My hypothetical squad for that week would be something like

Raya Kepa
Mee Coufal Trippier Shaw Estupian
Bruno Maddison Saka Rashford Mitoma
Iheanacho Haaland Felix

and I'd bench boost it (with the option not to if a few injuries had happened by then) .

Trying to plan backwards from 29 with the idea to FH in 28 and wildcard in 26/27. The Felix spot is Nketiah>Toney>Felix btw.

Kepa
Bueno, Gabriel, Tarkow
Mitro, Kane, Haaland

3.6 in the bank
1 free transfer left

Thank you in advance
Given I'm 100% gonna sell Kane to get Salah even when I get Salah while keeping Kane and selling Mahrez I'm fine with that. In your case if you can't get Salah without selling Kane then it's an easy sell.

Kepa
Bueno, Gabriel, Tarkow
Mitro, Kane, Haaland

3.6 in the bank
1 free transfer left

Thank you in advance

I think it depends on your strategy going forwards as well. I could risk a few hits this week as I'm likely to dead end my team anyway. Are you FH'ing in 28?

Looks like you'll have to use Mahrez and Kane to get Salah. Could backfire so a tricky decision. Who can you afford up front with the money left?

I think it depends on your strategy going forwards as well. I could risk a few hits this week as I'm likely to dead end my team anyway. Are you FH'ing in 28?

Looks like you'll have to use Mahrez and Kane to get Salah. Could backfire so a tricky decision. Who can you afford up front with the money left?
Yeah I'm planning to FH28.

I can do things like:

Kane and Mahrez to Salah and Darwin (-4)
Mitro to Darwin (no hits)

My main issue is that everyone will have Salah for the DGW which I don't mind a piece of that action but after that, Kane has much better fixtures.

Yeah I'm planning to FH28.

I can do things like:

Kane and Mahrez to Salah and Darwin (-4)
Mitro to Darwin (no hits)

My main issue is that everyone will have Salah for the DGW which I don't mind a piece of that action but after that, Kane has much better fixtures.

He does but his XG has fallen off a cliff without Bentancur apparently. You can get him back on a wildcard if he starts banging again I guess or with a double transfer.

The ballsy play this week is Salah and Darwin. Safe one is the second. Gonna see what Klopp says about his (Darwin's) fitness as well because if he's gonna come off every 60 mins then it's probably not worth it. Got enough of that with Martinelli.

He does but his XG has fallen off a cliff without Bentancur apparently. You can get him back on a wildcard if he starts banging again I guess or with a double transfer.

The ballsy play this week is Salah and Darwin. Safe one is the second. Gonna see what Klopp says about his (Darwin's) fitness as well because if he's gonna come off every 60 mins then it's probably not worth it. Got enough of that with Martinelli.
Yeah I'm gonna get Salah most likely with Kane out... Darwin is the only option to drop Kane to... Just feels shit that he will be getting minutes managed going forward.

I done minus 4. Hate it.
Darwin, Robbo and Bueno for Shaw, Toney and Lewis. I have 11 players. Hope it will work.
Ward
Bueno, White, James( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), robertson
SAka(c), Odegaard, Mahrez
Darwin, Kane, Haaland

Lets see what happens. Main goal this week (without Salah and minus 4 hit) is to stay under 30k. Which will be tough with this team. I am fecked.

@Dirty Schwein. I nearly drop Kane because of you. But then i said to myself; Kane has never let me down.

I done minus 4. Hate it.
Darwin, Robbo and Bueno for Shaw, Toney and Lewis. I have 11 players. Hope it will work.
Ward
Bueno, White, James( :lol: :lol: :lol: ), robertson
SAka(c), Odegaard, Mahrez
Darwin, Kane, Haaland

Lets see what happens. Main goal this week (without Salah and minus 4 hit) is to stay under 30k. Which will be tough with this team. I am fecked.

@Dirty Schwein. I nearly drop Kane because of you. But then i said to myself; Kane has never let me down.
You must have read my messages wrong. I am reluctant to get Salah because I DON'T want to sell Kane but then @CassiusClaymore mentioned about his xG post Bentancur injury and has probably swayed my mind. I'm probs gonna take a hit to roll in with:

Kepa
Bueno, Tarkowski, Gabriel
Salah, Saka, Martinelli,
Andreas
Mitrovic ( :lol: ), Darwin, Haaland

Thinking is it taking a further hit or two to replace Bueno and Mitro? Probably not right?