Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Wildcard time for me this week. Nice to have that or even better if you have free hit chip with some double gameweek teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Wolves.

Forgot to 3xCapt. Rashford on double gameweek.
Got punished.
Changed him last minute for this gameweek.
Got punished.
I ain't even part of the 85% and my guy doing me like this!!

Salah, VVD & Tarkoswki for KDB, Perisic, Patterson -8. I think that might pay off. Would captain Salah as well.
Something like this makes total sense to me for hits, it's recoverable and a bold move for 25 - I don't think think you'll miss Kdb, Patterson and Perisic anytime soon - I think you can roll with 'Pool til 27-28. Makes a huge difference if you want to shift anyone you'll want back after a week or two. Shipping off Trippier, Shaw, Rashy, Kane, Toney, Mitoma, etc. and then just turn right back around and take more hits or burn a WC to get them back in a week or two is dodgy.

Something like this makes total sense to me for hits, it's recoverable and a bold move for 25 - I don't think think you'll miss Kdb, Patterson and Perisic anytime soon - I think you can roll with 'Pool til 27-28. Makes a huge difference if you want to shift anyone you'll want back after a week or two. Shipping off Trippier, Shaw, Rashy, Kane, Toney, Mitoma, etc. and then just turn right back around and take more hits or burn a WC to get them back in a week or two is dodgy.

Agreed. I've got no value tied up in any of those players and they're all going on a wildcard anyway so might as well bin then now. Hopefully I can wait until after the CL game in midweek. Have a buffer of £0.2m.

On my wildcard. So I feel quite good about being on the wildcard. Had 6 players without a game otherwise and Mitro and White.

I think the key question for me is Gakpo vs Darwin. Salah, TAA, 3 Arsenal, Tarkowski in my side and maybe Pickford as well.

On my bench I got Mitoma, Estupinan, Raya and Trippier. Yes I removed all our players, but I will bring Rashford back straight away and cap him I think which is why I like Gakpo since that is an easy move.

All my players will either double 25, double 27 or not blank 28.

Key question is long term which player do I want to bring in.

I think I might bring back Burn or Botman for 28 and also possibly bring in Reece James. He is a troll, but I rate him.

I think I will also bring in Toney for 27 and maybe take him out for Felix or Watkins.

Last edited:
Went with early transfers and got
- Robbo for Shaw
- Gakpo for Mitoma

My team is
Kepa
Robbo Tarkowski Bueno
Mahrez Odegaard Saka Gakpo
Haaland Kane Nketiah

Does anyone know when Toney will get sentenced? Seems a great pick after this blank, but not if he’s out soon

Posted the other day about my brother joining? Any help with this? He’s a long time poster here. He’d be top of redcafe league. He’s 42 in the world.

Waited too long and now i am 0.1mil short for TAA. So i am torn apart between VVD and Robertson. With Robertson i am afraid that Tsimikas will play one game. Vvd will play both.
What do you think?

Waited too long and now i am 0.1mil short for TAA. So i am torn apart between VVD and Robertson. With Robertson i am afraid that Tsimikas will play one game. Vvd will play both.
What do you think?

I think that too or is there also a chance VVD gets a rest in one game after coming back from injury? Moot point for me anyway as I now can't afford TAA or Robertson.

My team tomorrow night should be (-8)

Ramsdale
VVD Tarkowski Kilman
Salah (c) Saka (vc) Martinelli
Andreas
Haaland Kane Gnonto

Ward Rashford Shaw Trippier

I think that too or is there also a chance VVD gets a rest in one game after coming back from injury? Moot point for me anyway as I now can't afford TAA or Robertson.

My team tomorrow night should be (-8)

Ramsdale
VVD Tarkowski Kilman
Salah (c) Saka (vc) Martinelli
Andreas
Haaland Kane Gnonto

Ward Rashford Shaw Trippier
Damn, -8 points is a lot.

Damn, -8 points is a lot.

Should make it back straight away. Tarkoswki over Patterson who will likely only get a sub appearance. VVD who has an extra game over Perisic who himself has Chelsea and might not even play after Davies performance yesterday and Salah > KDB gives me an extra game for my captain.

Last edited:
Posted the other day about my brother joining? Any help with this? He’s a long time poster here. He’d be top of redcafe league. He’s 42 in the world.

"Hey, my brother can totally kick your ass, can you please invite him to the party?"

Now why would we do that?!

Tricky one this week isn't it? Players like Trippier, Shaw and Rashford have been long time holds for me, so might just have to ride it out with them on the bench as it's costly to sell them and try get them back. They're all worth considerably more than I'd sell them for.

I am getting tempted to sell brother Kane. Chelsea next. Blanks in 28. Doing that will allow me Darwin this week and can possibly keep Shaw. On the other hand I don't think keeping Shaw is important apart from the value tied in him. Which I think will go down soon anyway. A lot depends on Darwin's fitness and if I'd rather get Felix

Going big on Liverpool can work well in case they play in 28 as well. Or force a FH which makes keeping things balanced a bit more sensible. I don't think I want a Liverpool defender after this week either. Rather get an attacker in addition to Salah.

I am getting tempted to sell brother Kane. Chelsea next. Blanks in 28. Doing that will allow me Darwin this week and can possibly keep Shaw. On the other hand I don't think keeping Shaw is important apart from the value tied in him. Which I think will go down soon anyway. A lot depends on Darwin's fitness and if I'd rather get Felix

Going big on Liverpool can work well in case they play in 28 as well. Or force a FH which makes keeping things balanced a bit more sensible. I don't think I want a Liverpool defender after this week either. Rather get an attacker in addition to Salah.

I can see it but he does play Wolves, Forest, Southampton and Everton either side of 28. Lots of teams will blank then anyway so I'm expecting to Free Hit. Might even be tempted to captain him the odd game now that people are starting to get away from Haaland as perma captain. I like his consistency and also how the feck are Spurs 4th?!?

Tricky one this week isn't it? Players like Trippier, Shaw and Rashford have been long time holds for me, so might just have to ride it out with them on the bench as it's costly to sell them and try get them back. They're all worth considerably more than I'd sell them for.

Rashford and Trippier are perma holds. More of a case for selling Shaw I guess if you need to.

I can see it but he does play Wolves, Forest, Southampton and Everton either side of 28. Lots of teams will blank then anyway so I'm expecting to Free Hit. Might even be tempted to captain him the odd game now that people are starting to get away from Haaland as perma captain. I like his consistency and also how the feck are Spurs 4th?!?
Yeah. He's a real comfort blanket in terms of being safe for minutes, penalties etc. Although it would be good if he goes big from time to time. I just can't stand watching this absolutely dire team and hoping for returns. :lol:

Redcafe League 22/23 - Joining Code

It's auto-renewed so if you were in last year you should be in again automatically.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/titlli

League Code: titlli

Looking forward to playing against you this season! (not you Elvis).

@Samid can I get a threadmark?

There goes my dream of the tagline, and I thought it was the lads with Rashford C last GW that were the biggest threat.

"Hey, my brother can totally kick your ass, can you please invite him to the party?"

Now why would we do that?!
There goes my dream of the tagline, and I thought it was the lads with Rashford C last GW that were the biggest threat.

Seems a bit pointless. If he joins the league now his points from previous GWs don't count or have I imagined that?

He could still post in here if he wanted regardless.

Seems a bit pointless. If he joins the league now his points from previous GWs don't count or have I imagined that?

He’s a lurker but I’ll nudge him to post to boast about his score!

I think he comes in with the points he already have.
But considering he's a long time poster it seems a bit pathetic (sorry, no offense) to have his brother ask for permission. Or is he a "long time no see" poster?