Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Newcastle unlucky not to score

Gakpo a punt for double round?

I captained Haaland so this week will be low score for me, only Ollie and Saka have delivered so far and only got Rashford, Kane and Bruno left to play

Worryingly I'm now considering a Liverpool player for the double next week

2 for me. Salah coming in for KDB almost certainly and it's a choice of Trent or Nunez for the other one.

Not easy to get to Gakpo for me after getting Salah.

A sea of shit I'm sure this week. You'd have to be very brave or very lucky to be posting big numbers at the moment.

Is anyone else thinking about just going into 25 with 9 players besides me? I knew it was coming, but honestly didn't and don't care and feel like my plan worked.

I'd go with a 2-3-3 in 25 with 6 of those 9 as doublers - including Salah(C), no hits, and no chips played (except TC which I used up on Rashy when it counted). But right after 25 I'd still have Trips, Rashford, Shaw, Mitoma and Estupinan and I suspect I won't lose that much team value (people are going to hold some variations of those 5). In fact, I suspect punters will be taking hits or burning WCs to get to back to my team by 27. I think I can roll with Salah, who is essentially a luxury 5th mid, until 27-28 as my third threemium with Kane and Haaland.

GW 25 Team:
Kepa
Bueno - Tarkowski
Salah - Saka - Odegaard
Kane - Nketiah - Haaland
Bench: Ward, Trips, Estupinian, Mitoma, Rashford

I figure the worst case is that I'd deal with a team with Robbo/TAA as a 3rd defender- Darwin Instead of Kane - and Gakpo as a 4th mid - but that doesn't faze me much. Figure I'll stay the course and follow the plan and go with 9 players in 25. Any thoughts lads? Cheers!

Last edited:
Is anyone else thinking about just going into 25 with 9 players besides me? I knew it was coming, but honestly didn't and don't care and feel like my plan worked.

I'd go with a 2-3-3 in 25 with 6 of those 9 as doublers - including Salah(C), no hits, and no chips played (except TC which I used up on Rashy when it counted). But right after 25 I'd still have Trips, Rashford, Shaw, Mitoma and Estupinan and I suspect I won't lose that much team value (people are going to hold some variations of those 5). In fact, I suspect punters will be taking hits or burning WCs to get to back to my team by 27. I think I can roll with Salah, who is essentially a luxury 5th mid, until 27-28 as my third threemium with Kane and Haaland.

GW 25 Team:
Kepa
Bueno - Tarkowski
Salah - Saka - Odegaard
Kane - Nketiah - Haaland
Bench: Ward, Trips, Estupinian, Mitoma, Rashford

I figure the worst case is that I'd deal with a team with Robbo/TAA as a 3rd defender- Darwin Instead of Kane - and Gakpo as a 4th mid - but that doesn't faze me much. Figure I'll stay the course and follow the plan and go with 9 players in 25. Any thoughts lads? Cheers!
Yeah it's fine. I have a similar team with Andreas also playing in 25 which is likely 2-3 points added. I have Ake but he's not starting anyway. Bueno may also not though for you. My backline will be Ake Tarko Mings. Rest of the team is same.

Need to swap Mitro and Mahrez, but have Zorro transfers left as i ragesubbed Lewis to Robertson earlier.

Team next week is :
Kepa
White-Killman-Robertson
Andreas-Mahrez-Martinelli-Ödegård(c)
Mitro-Kane-Haaland

Ward, Rashford, Shaw, Trippier

Yeah it's fine. I have a similar team with Andreas also playing in 25 which is likely 2-3 points added. I have Ake but he's not starting anyway. Bueno may also not though for you. My backline will be Ake Tarko Mings. Rest of the team is same.
Aye, cheers as always @Moby. But I also suspect you've been thinking about moving out Kane based on some of your posts. I could move out Kane for hits and go to Darwin, etc. but for me personally, I'm not a fan. Even if if Kane blanks again tomorrow, I'm really reluctant to ship off one of the most underrated and consistent performers in the game to chase Liverpool doublers next week. Thoughts? [Edit: Also I suppose we need to know Darwin's status after today's game, it would really burn to take a hit on Kane if Darwin is out for say Firmino and/or Jota start]

Second edit for @Moby. I also feel like there are bigger issues that have to be planned for: I.E., what to do if/when Gabriel Jesus comes back, the electric form of Joao Felix (I think he's looked fantastic whenever he's played) and I think there's amazing value in eitehr Badiashile or I dare say, even more Wesley Fofana in the coming weeks. I want to be ahead of the curve and not behind. Anyone you've got your sights on, mate?

Last edited:
Need to swap Mitro and Mahrez, but have Zorro transfers left as i ragesubbed Lewis to Robertson earlier.

Team next week is :
Kepa
White-Killman-Robertson
Andreas-Mahrez-Martinelli-Ödegård(c)
Mitro-Kane-Haaland

Ward, Rashford, Shaw, Trippier
I'd stand put, mate and save your "Zorro" transfer and not "ragesub" anymore :) Really like the look of what you have, and as mentioned in my post, I suspect there will be more blokes like me who won't fill in a full 11 in 25. If you're taking hits this week to fill out a full 11, I'd say it better be for 'Pool nailed on DGW players. Otherwise, I'd stand pat. Your team could do quite nicely against teams like mine who'll only be able to field 9-10 players.

I'd stand put, mate and save your "Zorro" transfer and not "ragesub" anymore :) Really like the look of what you have, and as mentioned in my post, I suspect there will be more blokes like me who won't fill in a full 11 in 25. If you're taking hits this week to fill out a full 11, I'd say it better be for 'Pool nailed on DGW players. Otherwise, I'd stand pat. Your team could do quite nicely against teams like mine who'll only be able to field 9-10 players.
Thanks, i will let it be. At least till i am sober again. Zorro transfers tonight.

Aye, cheers as always @Moby. But I also suspect you've been thinking about moving out Kane based on some of your posts. I could move out Kane for hits and go to Darwin, etc. but for me personally, I'm not a fan. Even if if Kane blanks again tomorrow, I'm really reluctant to ship off one of the most underrated and consistent performers in the game to chase Liverpool doublers next week. Thoughts? [Edit: Also I suppose we need to know Darwin's status after today's game, it would really burn to take a hit on Kane if Darwin is out for say Firmino and/or Jota start]

Second edit for @Moby. I also feel like there are bigger issues that have to be planned for: I.E., what to do if/when Gabriel Jesus comes back, the electric form of Joao Felix (I think he's looked fantastic whenever he's played) and I think there's amazing value in eitehr Badiashile or I dare say, even more Wesley Fofana in the coming weeks. I want to be ahead of the curve and not behind. Anyone you've got your sights on, mate?
I have two FTs and can move Kane out if needed. But it depends on the info we get. Kane is yet to play so it depends on how Spurs do in that game. But I already saw Mahrez get benched so as of now he looks more disposable. So I can just do Mahrez and Shaw to Salah and Tarko and keep Kane. Let's see. I guess you posted that team with both Kane and Salah so it's similar. Ideally I so feel inclined to keep a threemium given we don't really need expensive defenders.

And similarly I was really keen on the chelsea guys. But then they lost today and play Spurs away next so no real hurry to get them. But I agree they look great options going forward. Won't mind going for then after 25. Not looking at much else for now. A lot depends on the info we get on blanks and doubles as well. We'll get the info before 26 I think.

I have two FTs and can move Kane out if needed. But it depends on the info we get. Kane is yet to play so it depends on how Spurs do in that game. But I already saw Mahrez get benched so as of now he looks more disposable. So I can just do Mahrez and Shaw to Salah and Tarko and keep Kane. Let's see. I guess you posted that team with both Kane and Salah so it's similar. Ideally I so feel inclined to keep a threemium given we don't really need expensive defenders.

And similarly I was really keen on the chelsea guys. But then they lost today and play Spurs away next so no real hurry to get them. But I agree they look great options going forward. Won't mind going for then after 25. Not looking at much else for now. A lot depends on the info we get on blanks and doubles as well. We'll get the info before 26 I think.
Agreed, we're close on this. I had to move yesterday and burned one FT on Tarko yesterday before the price rise, which based on his return today I'm happy with. Next week is KdB to Salah for me, unless Kane gets injured tomorrow. If Kane gets injured/red card, etc. it'll force my hand.

I've two transfers and 2.4 in the bank.

For 25 I have
Kepa
Saliba Bueno
Odegaard Saka Mahrez
Kane Haaland

No game:
Raya Toney Botman Mitoma Rashford Shaw Trips

It's only really Mitoma,Toney, Botman I'd want to swap out. I'd lose 0.2 for Toney/Mitoma and I've too much value in the others.

I was thinking Botman/Mitoma to Robertson/Andrea or if Darwin is fit maybe Botman/Toney to Tarkowski/Darwin

Any ideas folks?

I pissed about with my captain last minute...... why? SMFH #FollowTwitterHype