Fantasy Premier League 22/23

They always play.
They're cheap so can usually leave them on the bench.
They both play double on GW25, when I have to start them as Trips and Shaw blank.

The transfers make sense I think.

Fair enough. Everton under Dycheball surely have to be a bit tighter than before too. Though we won't expect much tonight of course.

Thanks lads

Thanks. Plenty money itb. I will definitely wait and assess. Firstly arsenal v city will tell me more about Martinelli/Odegaard and the potential Wolves/Everton transfers are not for two weeks yet so will see if Bueno and Patterson get their places back in the next game week...
I suspected you had plenty in the bank. I think the upside of getting Nunez in for Mitro is far greater than the Everton/Wolves defenders in.

They always play.
They're cheap so can usually leave them on the bench.
They both play double on GW25, when I have to start them as Trips and Shaw blank.

The transfers make sense I think.

Yeah this. Wolves and Everton aren't the worst defences in the league and Tarkowski and Kilman are perfectly priced 4th and 5th bench options. Also if we're keeping Shaw and Trippier the choice is 0 points or take your chances with these muppets. :lol:

I know they could get battered so even saying baseline is 4 points might not technically be correct but one clean sheet from 2 games and you're up on the deal. And that's with taking a hit.

Yeah this. Wolves and Everton aren't the worst defences in the league and Tarkowski and Kilman are perfectly priced 4th and 5th bench options. Also if we're keeping Shaw and Trippier the choice is 0 points or take your chances with these muppets. :lol:

I know they could get battered so even saying baseline is 4 points might not technically be correct but one clean sheet from 2 games and you're up on the deal. And that's with taking a hit.
I'm likely gonna go in with Mings and Patterson/Tarko for that game and hope for a quality Dyche-Emery 0-0 masterclass. :lol:

Managing defenders has been a massive headache. Trips the only one who managed to be a mainstay, and Shaw seems to be another one but other than that, it's been so many defensive transfers. So much for the "big at the back" wankfest earlier in the season. :lol:

I suspected you had plenty in the bank. I think the upside of getting Nunez in for Mitro is far greater than the Everton/Wolves defenders in.
Really hoping for a Patterson return, which will help me massively but I'm enjoying not having Liverpool players for once :lol:

My thoughts exactly.

Estupinan, Mitoma, Rashford, De Gea, Shaw, Trippier and Schar all blanking in 25 for me so I think that's where I'll be playing my free hit. Not particularly keen on getting rid of many of them other than De Gea and possibly Schar. Using the FH that week works great though as it means covering all of the blanks and also being able to get in some of Liverpool, Wolves and Everton's DGW players, just feels like the perfect time to play it.

Brilliant week this week ruined by the TC on Haaland. Not the end of the world thankfully with the rest of my team doing well this week. Hopefully plays against Arsenal.

What's everyone doing about their United and Newcastle players with gw25 in mind? Tempted to go with one or two blanks keeping Trip and Rashford, change Bruno and Schar, then get Bruno back and Shaw in after it. Maybe take a hit to change Bueno out and have another definite starter.
I have 4 players blanking - Shaw, Trips, Rashford and Toney, at the moment thinking about benching and keeping Rashford and Tippier and selling Shaw and Toney for DGW Alexander-Arnold and Nunez. Leaves me without Salah though which can be painful.

Time to bring in the cnuts.
always unpleasant and I cherished not having any Pool players for a long while now, but with the DGW there might not be better options. Salah great C option but he's so expensive
Wait another week. They were up for the derby... might go back to being shite next week.

I might take a punt and grab Gakpo for DGW but that’s about it. Definitely won’t spend £12.7m to cripple my team and get Salah for one game week.

Might have to do Kane to Nunez in time.

As poor as they've been we all know they have it in them to storm back to top 4.
They did it 2 years having been even worse and having to use 23 combos of centre backs.

always unpleasant and I cherished not having any Pool players for a long while now, but with the DGW there might not be better options. Salah great C option but he's so expensive
Wait another week. They were up for the derby... might go back to being shite next week.
Based on their performance against the blue cnuts?
Of course not this week before Newcastle but gotta plan for it.

Darwin is so shite it's hilarious though. I can do a -4 with Shaw, Andreas, Kane to Tarko, Salah and Darwin/Jota. Let's see.

Of course not this week before Newcastle but gotta plan for it.

Darwin is so shite it's hilarious though. I can do a -4 with Shaw, Andreas, Kane to Tarko, Salah and Darwin/Jota. Let's see.
I don't wanna get Salah because he's not worth the premium price. Darwin won't get 90 anymore with Jota back. TAA is too expensive for what he's returning. I'm staying away from Pool.

I don't wanna get Salah because he's not worth the premium price. Darwin won't get 90 anymore with Jota back. TAA is too expensive for what he's returning. I'm staying away from Pool.
Palace and Wolves though, can be pretty decent especially given it's a BGW and most of us have some United and Newcastle players. Also the fact that we will likely WC soon after this GW it's a matter of keeping just Salah for 2-3 weeks (and they have Bournemouth and Fulham after the United game as well) and can sell the striker right after this week as well. It's a double and a pretty good double. Unless they are absolutely dogshit at Newcastle people will jump.

But yeah, not getting the defenders. Too expensive and still playing like jokers. Enough cheap DGW options there to cover.

Edit: I can actually sell Kane for Felix this GW and then do Andreas to Salah next up. Keep Shaw on the bench. Don't mind that either.

Palace and Wolves though, can be pretty decent especially given it's a BGW and most of us have some United and Newcastle players. Also the fact that we will likely WC soon after this GW it's a matter of keeping just Salah for 2-3 weeks (and they have Bournemouth and Fulham after the United game as well) and can sell the striker right after this week as well. It's a double and a pretty good double. Unless they are absolutely dogshit at Newcastle people will jump.

But yeah, not getting the defenders. Too expensive and still playing like jokers. Enough cheap DGW options there to cover.

Edit: I can actually sell Kane for Felix this GW and then do Andreas to Salah next up. Keep Shaw on the bench. Don't mind that either.
Hmm I can easily get Darwin but it feels like it's a waste. Won't feck my team up to get Salah.

Hmm I can easily get Darwin but it feels like it's a waste. Won't feck my team up to get Salah.
I am not really that keen on Donkey Darwin either. He's electric in open play and generally always involved but a complete donkey when it comes to any composure in the box. With Chelsea having guaranteed games in 25 and 28 and looking alright now, I dont mind Felix instead and just get Salah from these cnuts.

Ok so what's a better shout?

Bueno, Patterson & Martinelli to Kilman, Tarkowskiy & Odegaard (-4)

Or

Bueno, Patterson & Mitrovic to Kilman, Tarkowski & Darwin (-4)

Option one gives me Odegaard, who is guaranteed 80-90 minutes whereas Martinelli place in the squad is clearly at risk.

Option two gives me another DGW player in Darwin but I need to keep Martinelli in my team.

Alternatively, I can take a -8 and do Bueno, Patterson, Martinelli & Mitrovic to Kilman, Tarkowski, Odegaard & Darwin? But that feels too much of a hit...

God I hope Odegaard gets a red card tomorrow :lol:

@Moby @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @anyone

I am not really that keen on Donkey Darwin either. He's electric in open play and generally always involved but a complete donkey when it comes to any composure in the box. With Chelsea having guaranteed games in 25 and 28 and looking alright now, I dont mind Felix instead and just get Salah from these cnuts.
Salah just isn't worth it. I have to do major surgery to get Salah in... not worth it for me.

I'll get Salah and likely captain him in 25 as well. At least a -4 and probably a -8 to bring in Salah, Robertson, Tarkowski, Kilman/Mykolenko for KDB, Perisic, Thomas and Patterson.

I don't like taking the hits but as discussed above it's a bit of a no brainer when I'm staring at 0 points anyway.

I'm with @Moby, of all the Liverpool lot to get in, Salah is the only one for me. It's a straightforward swap for De Bruyne so probably worth a punt. Fingers crossed it goes horribly wrong though and Liverpool revert back to their norm of being utterly shite.

Salah just isn't worth it. I have to do major surgery to get Salah in... not worth it for me.
Well he looked alright yesterday, could have scored more actually. Wait and watch for the Newcastle game for me as well but I am also tempted to move Kane for Felix now and get that Southampton game. Most premiums outside Haaland aren't looking worth it so just need to move these cnuts around.

Or

Option one gives me Odegaard, who is guaranteed 80-90 minutes whereas Martinelli place in the squad is clearly at risk.

Option two gives me another DGW player in Darwin but I need to keep Martinelli in my team.

Alternatively, I can take a -8 and do Bueno, Patterson, Martinelli & Mitrovic to Kilman, Tarkowski, Odegaard & Darwin? But that feels too much of a hit...

Ah that's a tough one. Basically Martinelli + Darwin or Odegaard + Mitro yeah? Latter for me given they are secured for minutes and generally more likely to be involved given how central they are in their teams. Darwin is more likely to frustrate than actually return.

I'm with @Moby, of all the Liverpool lot to get in, Salah is the only one for me. It's a straightforward swap for De Bruyne so probably worth a punt. Fingers crossed it goes horribly wrong though and Liverpool revert back to their norm of being utterly shite.
Yeah it's easy to bring him in for me as well by ditching Kane and either do it without any hits with Felix or take a hit for a Liverpool striker. Much prefer the former.

Or

Wait until after the game tomorrow at least. Martinelli is outscoring Odegaard this week despite being subbed early again. I think he starts against City again.

I'll get Salah and likely captain him in 25 as well. At least a -4 and probably a -8 to bring in Salah, Robertson, Tarkowski, Kilman/Mykolenko for KDB, Perisic, Thomas and Patterson.

I don't like taking the hits but as discussed above it's a bit of a no brainer when I'm staring at 0 points anyway.
I've been really meaning to ask for a long time... who the feck is Thomas? :lol:

I've been really meaning to ask for a long time... who the feck is Thomas? :lol:

:lol: Leicester full back that was dirt cheap and playing until they bought this Kristiansen guy.

I wanted 2 players who were cheap as hell and I wouldn't ever care about benching every single week and him and Patterson fit the bill. Now I need to replace both though still hopeful of a Patterson appearance soon to make me change my mind. Coleman looked ropey again last night.

Or

I think Darwin is wise cover for their double. Bound to play both.
Martinelli isn't in great for,, but even if you go Odey, you'd still need to consider the Liverpool double elsewhere.

Wait until after the game tomorrow at least. Martinelli is outscoring Odegaard this week despite being subbed early again. I think he starts against City again.

Outscoring him extremely narrowly, having 11 points in 5 games versus Odey's 20.
Though would like you to be right as I still have Marto myself.

If Liverpool go out and beat Newcastle at the Sports Direct, I think I am taking the -8 to go triple. They are two easy games for a Liverpool even at 50% (if they can get back to that)

Everton and Wolves doubles just don’t look that good.

no idea what he means honestly but if it was any serious we'd know by now, right?

Yeah I reckon he was off more as a precaution. Obviously felt something and they were cruising so why risk him any more. Fully expect him to start against Arsenal and City to win as well.

Edit: There are pics of him in training yesterday as well.

Last edited:
Oh wow TAA assist from yesterday got revoked. I would be pissed if I had him but I don't... My rival does :lol:

Oh wow TAA assist from yesterday got revoked. I would be pissed if I had him but I don't... My rival does :lol:

Yeah same. I saw it come up on my livefpl app thing as an assist and he was on for 3 bps so I sent my mate a text saying that "holding on to Trent looks like it's finally about to pay off". He replied "I need a bit more than a clean sheet seeing as I've got Shaw on the bench". Didn't even know. :lol: Was fuming mind when I showed him the clip. I dare anyone now to justify their stupid rules that seem flakier than VAR. You know that if he was owned by some of the admin accounts that gets given all day long. I barely even noticed a deflection.