Fantasy Premier League 22/23

57-4 with 6 to go in the city Arsenal game. Probably shouldn't have taken that last minute hit for Odegaard but let's see. Kane the big flop of the week.

Pissed off about Mahrez. I wanted him but got priced out. That said I wouldn't have brought Saka in and would've benched Andreas (as well as taking a -4) so probably about even at the moment.

Don't know what has happened to KDB but he's useless as an fpl asset now it seems. He'll become Salah in 25 then I'll distribute my funds better on a wildcard. I think only Kane and Haaland are worth the money in the premium category.

I want nailed players on this final wildcard as well even if it means benching headaches. No point using a bench boost in a dgw if half of them only play one game.

So Haaland's out? From a DGW to 1 half. Fml but at least everyone's on the same train.

So Haaland's out? From a DGW to 1 half. Fml but at least everyone's on the same train.
Is that confirmed? I saw gundog say hopefully it's not too bad but didn't see anything else. You'd assume that they'll do everything they can to get him playing on Wed.

Mahrez missing that ridiculous sitter was annoying given the game was done, but it felt fortuitous that he took the pen over Haaland so can't complain. Took a -4 to get Mahrez and Saka in for Bruno and Martinelli which felt like a sideways move but is going alright so far.

Mahrez a good call, albeit for Almiron who scored anyway!
Not much else going on. Haaland for the triple captainers hasn't stung yet. Enjoyed them actually playing their first choice defenders for once rather than these B listers. And so glad not to have taken a -4 for one!

Mahrez a good call, albeit for Almiron who scored anyway!
Not much else going on. Haaland for the triple captainers hasn't stung yet. Enjoyed them actually playing their first choice defenders for once rather than these B listers. And so glad not to have taken a -4 for one!
Yeah but mahrez got another game and you don't have to worry about that potential Almiron injury. I think city also have forest and Bournemouth upcoming so you'll want mahrez for those.

forgot to log in yesterday to change my captain - was left on Rashford from our DGW - so far I’ve lucked out as I’d likely have stuck it on Haaland (maybe even Triple Captained)

59 points with Ederson, Mahrez, Haaland, White, Odegaard and Nketiah to play again.

Is it me or do the fixtures in 27 for Brighton and Brentford look good enough to go all in on?

Brentford away at Everton and Southampton and Brighton away at Leeds and home to Palace. Couple that with good single games United, Spurs, City, Arsenal and Liverpool I think it could be a good week to bench boost.

Seriously considering Wildcard 26, BB 27 and FH in 28 now. I know 29 is a big dgw but I don't like the look of some of the fixtures (Newcastle v United, City v Liverpool). If that's the week most will BB then you'll still want 3 Arsenal as they play Leeds at home in a single game.

For me I think it might work as I don't own any Brighton or Brentford players and having to focus on 25 I'll only be able to get 2 without any hits before then.

Is it me or do the fixtures in 27 for Brighton and Brentford look good enough to go all in on?

Brentford away at Everton and Southampton and Brighton away at Leeds and home to Palace. Couple that with good single games United, Spurs, City, Arsenal and Liverpool I think it could be a good week to bench boost.

Seriously considering Wildcard 26, BB 27 and FH in 28 now. I know 29 is a big dgw but I don't like the look of some of the fixtures (Newcastle v United, City v Liverpool). If that's the week most will BB then you'll still want 3 Arsenal as they play Leeds at home in a single game.

For me I think it might work as I don't own any Brighton or Brentford players and having to focus on 25 I'll only be able to get 2 without any hits before then.
I wouldn't really want more than one from either of those teams. Mitoma and Toney are enough I think. With Brighton it's impossible to predict who gets the points in a game and honestly I don't trust them to score a lot in every game as they don't really have any good goalscorers. Always skeptical about them underperforming their xG. From Brentford Toney is involved in most things. Others are again completely random. Overall I don't think that's a good enough week to use a WC. I'd rather use it when I can target teams who are more of a sure bet with assets you can pin point.

Looking at another nice, green arrow with 58 points so far, with White, KDB, Mahrez, Odegaard, Nketiah and Haaland (TC) left to play again.
Will be very interesting to see how how bad that knock in the thigh was for Haaland.

Next GW I'll be rolling my transfer and go with this team:

Kepa (Ward)
Shaw, Badiashile, Trippier (White, Bueno)
KDB, Mahrez, Rashford, Odegaard, Mitoma
Kane, Haaland (C) (Nketiah)
0,9M ITB

I wouldn't really want more than one from either of those teams. Mitoma and Toney are enough I think. With Brighton it's impossible to predict who gets the points in a game and honestly I don't trust them to score a lot in every game as they don't really have any good goalscorers. Always skeptical about them underperforming their xG. From Brentford Toney is involved in most things. Others are again completely random. Overall I don't think that's a good enough week to use a WC. I'd rather use it when I can target teams who are more of a sure bet with assets you can pin point.

Fair points. Don't get me wrong though I'd also be partly using it to sort out my Arsenal mess and removing Ramsdale and Martinelli.

Would be something like this

Raya / Kepa
Gabriel / Shaw / Trippier / Estupian / Mee
Saka / Odegaard / Mitoma / March / Rashford
Haaland / Kane / Toney

with plenty in the bank to turn one of the Brighton mids into Maddison. Brighton will still have 2 more doubles to come btw.

I'm keeping my options open at the moment. :smirk:

Fair points. Don't get me wrong though I'd also be partly using it to sort out my Arsenal mess and removing Ramsdale and Martinelli.

Would be something like this

Raya / Kepa
Gabriel / Shaw / Trippier / Estupian / Mee
Saka / Odegaard / Mitoma / March / Rashford
Haaland / Kane / Toney

with plenty in the bank to turn one of the Brighton mids into Maddison. Brighton will still have 2 more doubles to come btw.

I'm keeping my options open at the moment. :smirk:
Yeah I see a few people thinking of burning the chips in the coming weeks. I can see the temptation, but for me the teams aren't good enough to get a good return out of the chips. But obviously if you have more issues in your team then WCing in the next few weeks isn't impossible. I am currently thinking WC29, but will wait for more info. City is a massive headache for now, they look dodgy but will also continue to be a top attack and you would want points out of them, and they have pretty good players in terms of value like Mahrez and Grealish who are looking quite good. Foden can come in soon as well. So won't rule them out just yet. Except KDB, he's useless. :lol:

Yeah I see a few people thinking of burning the chips in the coming weeks. I can see the temptation, but for me the teams aren't good enough to get a good return out of the chips. But obviously if you have more issues in your team then WCing in the next few weeks isn't impossible. I am currently thinking WC29, but will wait for more info. City is a massive headache for now, they look dodgy but will also continue to be a top attack and you would want points out of them, and they have pretty good players in terms of value like Mahrez and Grealish who are looking quite good. Foden can come in soon as well. So won't rule them out just yet. Except KDB, he's useless. :lol:

Yeah I want that turd out ASAP. :mad:

They way my wildcard is set up there will always be space for a Maddison/Mahrez/Grealish/Foden alongside the two Arsenal mids and Rashy. I'd ditch March straight after the double and then rotate it on fixtures.

What are your plans and how are you set for 25 out of interest? I think if I'm going to dead end there I might take a hit or 2 to get in the likes of Salah and Robertson. Probably bring in Kilman or Tarkoswki this week. Gonna have to play Martinelli, Saka and Ramsdale again though.

Kepa
Shaw, Gabriel, Trips
Martinelli, Mahrez, Saka, Rashy
Haaland, Mitro, Kane

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Bueno, Patterson

I have two options:

1. Roll the transfer this week and next week do Bueno and Patterson to Kilman and Tarkowsky

2. Do Martinelli to Odegaard this week and then take a -4 to do Bueno and Patterson to Kilman and Tarkowsky next week.

Thoughts @Moby @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @anyone

Yeah I want that turd out ASAP. :mad:

They way my wildcard is set up there will always be space for a Maddison/Mahrez/Grealish/Foden alongside the two Arsenal mids and Rashy. I'd ditch March straight after the double and then rotate it on fixtures.

What are your plans and how are you set for 25 out of interest? I think if I'm going to dead end there I might take a hit or 2 to get in the likes of Salah and Robertson. Probably bring in Kilman or Tarkoswki this week. Gonna have to play Martinelli, Saka and Ramsdale again though.
I've already taken a couple of hits in the last two GWs to "sort out" my arsenal boys, which look a bit shit in hindsight as they have basically blanked in the two games I rushed them for. But can't be too harsh on that as Everton and Brentford looked tasty to attack, now hoping these moves pay off in the long run.

For 25 I have a decent team for now, and will probably roll the transfer this week so will have 2 FT before going into 25. Could possibly use them for Liverpool guys but will be very careful with that. Because doing that pretty much means dead ending soon after, as they are kinda useless in the long term. Especially if I am taking out someone like Kane to get in Salah with the former has been a top asset this season. For now I will have this bus team for 25:

Kepa
Ake, Mings, Patterson (hoping he's fit by then)
Saka, Odegaard, Andreas, Mahrez
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane

Ward, Shaw, Trippier, Rashford.

Shaw can turn into Tarko/Trent/Robbo etc. Or if Patters is fit might just sell Ake as he's looking pretty dodgy with other defs being back. Trips and Rashford will stay. So yeah, will be mainly either moving one of the defenders or if I really need Salah or Darwin or Jota then can bring them in. Probably Darwin or Jota for Kane but that sounds a bit dodgy. Kane will then only come back with the final WC. Things will get "easier" if Haaland ends up out for long though. :lol:

Overall can easily put out 11 anyway without any chips for 25. Then it gets really tricky to plan for both DGW27 and BGW28. If you aren't using chips you definitely have to sacrifice one of them. I'll probably be getting in Mitoma after 25 and keep him through the blank as he's cheap anyway. Can probably do Andreas to him. And if I get in Darwin/Jota, they can be moved to Toney.

Btw the one I think a lot of us will miss out on is Felix who could be great value for the coming games. Too many doubles/blanks to go there. And the striker spots are limited.

Kepa
Shaw, Gabriel, Trips
Haaland, Mitro, Kane

I have two options:

1. Roll the transfer this week and next week do Bueno and Patterson to Kilman and Tarkowsky

2. Do Martinelli to Odegaard this week and then take a -4 to do Bueno and Patterson to Kilman and Tarkowsky next week.

As someone who did the Martinelli to Ode switch this week, I'd say that's a very delicate move that can still go either way so I'd wait and watch the second game. Martinelli definitely looks down on minutes now as a max 60 player and I won't be surprised if Trossard starts over him a few times. He's not someone who will happily sit on the bench, nor Martinelli is someone who has a big enough stature to never get benched unlike Saka or Ode who is also the captain now. So overall I don't mind it, but the time to do it was before a double even though they ended up blanking. But yeah it's still not that late I guess and they have a lot of games to go.

I think you can not do anything for 24, then decide before 25 with more info. That's the second double for arsenal, so probably go for a hit then. Can go another game with Martinelli I think.

Kepa
Shaw, Gabriel, Trips
Haaland, Mitro, Kane

I have two options:

Eurgh those transfers are annoying to have to make aren't they. Yeah I'd wait on both as long as you can as you might get lucky and not need to do them at all.

Don't forget Europe starting up again. Expect Trossard to start in those games.

I will get Thomas out this week for one of Kilman and Tarkoswki and wait on Patterson.

What's everyone doing about their United and Newcastle players with gw25 in mind? Tempted to go with one or two blanks keeping Trip and Rashford, change Bruno and Schar, then get Bruno back and Shaw in after it. Maybe take a hit to change Bueno out and have another definite starter.

What's everyone doing about their United and Newcastle players with gw25 in mind? Tempted to go with one or two blanks keeping Trip and Rashford, change Bruno and Schar, then get Bruno back and Shaw in after it. Maybe take a hit to change Bueno out and have another definite starter.

Holding/Benching Rashford, Trippier and Shaw. The first 2 are definitely season keepers barring injury.

Likely Bruno and Botman out but keep Shaw, Trippier and Rashford.

I need to also upgrade Lewis and Bueno too. Noticed Wolves have a DGW, so I'll possibly hang onto Bueno just in case Ait Nouri gets injured or suspended this coming weekend.

Currently thinking:
  • Lewis to Badiashile (?)
  • Botman to Tarkowski (?)
  • Bruno to Salah (?)
Still a bit undecided on who to bring in.

Kepa
Shaw, Gabriel, Trips
Haaland, Mitro, Kane

I have two options:

How much funds ITB?
I would see if Bueno starts next weekend before going for Kilman. You're most likely looking at between 2-4 points from a Wolves-defender for the double with two difficult away fixtures, so I wouldn't use a transfer there. Any Wolves defender will be on your bench any other GW, so why spend 0,4M and a transfer on "sideways" bench move if Bueno is starting?

I would look for a Mitro replacements in stead. 11 points total and 2 missed penalties in Fulhams last 7 games. Not sure if he's on pens anymore and he's looking at a bad run of fixtures in the next 5 as well: Brighton(A), Wolves(H), Brentford(A), Arsenal(H) and Liverpool(A). I'd be very surprised if he find any sort of form during that run.

Kepa
Shaw, Gabriel, Trips
Haaland, Mitro, Kane

I have two options:

I'm probably missing some doubles or something, but why do you want 2 defenders of relegation fodder outfits?

As someone who did the Martinelli to Ode switch this week, I'd say that's a very delicate move that can still go either way so I'd wait and watch the second game. Martinelli definitely looks down on minutes now as a max 60 player and I won't be surprised if Trossard starts over him a few times. He's not someone who will happily sit on the bench, nor Martinelli is someone who has a big enough stature to never get benched unlike Saka or Ode who is also the captain now. So overall I don't mind it, but the time to do it was before a double even though they ended up blanking. But yeah it's still not that late I guess and they have a lot of games to go.

I think you can not do anything for 24, then decide before 25 with more info. That's the second double for arsenal, so probably go for a hit then. Can go another game with Martinelli I think.
Eurgh those transfers are annoying to have to make aren't they. Yeah I'd wait on both as long as you can as you might get lucky and not need to do them at all.

Don't forget Europe starting up again. Expect Trossard to start in those games.

I will get Thomas out this week for one of Kilman and Tarkoswki and wait on Patterson.
By the way Patterson was back in training few days ago @Dirty Schwein .

Edit:

Thanks lads
How much funds ITB?
I would see if Bueno starts next weekend before going for Kilman. You're most likely looking at between 2-4 points from a Wolves-defender for the double with two difficult away fixtures, so I wouldn't use a transfer there. Any Wolves defender will be on your bench any other GW, so why spend 0,4M and a transfer on "sideways" bench move if Bueno is starting?

I would look for a Mitro replacements in stead. 11 points total and 2 missed penalties in Fulhams last 7 games. Not sure if he's on pens anymore and he's looking at a bad run of fixtures in the next 5 as well: Brighton(A), Wolves(H), Brentford(A), Arsenal(H) and Liverpool(A). I'd be very surprised if he find any sort of form during that run.
Thanks. Plenty money itb. I will definitely wait and assess. Firstly arsenal v city will tell me more about Martinelli/Odegaard and the potential Wolves/Everton transfers are not for two weeks yet so will see if Bueno and Patterson get their places back in the next game week...

I'm probably missing some doubles or something, but why do you want 2 defenders of relegation fodder outfits?
They always play.
They're cheap so can usually leave them on the bench.
They both play double on GW25, when I have to start them as Trips and Shaw blank.

The transfers make sense I think.