Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Why is it a joke? The ball would've gone to a throw-in if it didn't hit Sessegnon. And since Lloris got the OG the 'assister' is technically Sess. The joke would be if they had given the assist.

Why is it a joke? The ball would've gone to a throw-in if it didn't hit Sessegnon. And since Lloris got the OG the 'assister' is technically Sess. The joke would be if they had given the assist.
Are you sure? Perhaps I've just not seen it from the right angle but I thought it was a minor deflection.

Are you sure? Perhaps I've just not seen it from the right angle but I thought it was a minor deflection.

https://streamin.me/v/83fb5b22

All three replays show it. That ball is going across the box if Sess doesn't get a touch. The second replay shows that after the Sess touch it's probably still going wide until Lloris flaps it, hence why they've given it as Lloris own goal.

If Sess' touch had been on target then he would get the OG even if Lloris got the last touch. In that case it would be a Saka assist.

Arse clean sheet annoying.
Was hoping Kulu might do something too.
But double Newcastle cleanie is a positive especially when I saw Mitro 'score' !

https://streamin.me/v/83fb5b22

All three replays show it. That ball is going across the box if Sess doesn't get a touch. The second replay shows that after the Sess touch it's probably still going wide until Lloris flaps it, hence why they've given it as Lloris own goal.

If Sess' touch had been on target then he would get the OG even if Lloris got the last touch. In that case it would be a Saka assist.
Fair enough I take your point after seeing that angle. Still seems a little harsh for no credit to an offensive player in this scenario though.

I want in on Brighton but I'm gonna have to roll a transfer I think and wait and see what happens with fixtures and potential blanks (especially in 25).

Would probably be Almiron out anyway and not sure Palace away for Newcastle is that much better than Leicester away for Brighton.

Also if City and Arsenal do double in 23 I'll triple up on both. Odergaard will definitely come in and hopefully a fit John Stones.

Need some advice, Mitoma and Havertz or
Odegaard and Gnonto?
Not sold by either, Odegaard is in great form and looks like the best Arsenal attacker right now, but wait for the games next days, perhaps you’ll want Wout at 6.0 and if he looks like starting

Isn't that double already confirmed?

I don't know any more.

Edit : Seems so. In that case it's a no brainer to triple up on both as they don't blank in 25 either and play Leicester and Bournemouth.

Odergaard and Stones in for me probably for Almiron and Perisic.

Last edited:
Weghorst at 6m seems a spicy price.
I think he starts more games than we think. Speculating of course but I can't imagine Ten Hag being pleased with Martial's performances, as much as he likes the skillset its clear Martial can't accelerate or press. He said he knew Weghorst since he was 6, if Weghorst has a good 1-2 games, he'll probably take to him quite quickly.

I think he starts more games than we think. Speculating of course but I can't imagine Ten Hag being pleased with Martial's performances, as much as he likes the skillset its clear Martial can't accelerate or press. He said he knew Weghorst since he was 6, if Weghorst has a good 1-2 games, he'll probably take to him quite quickly.
Weghorst should be first choice I would think? He was only playing Martial because there were no alternatives

Kane to Weghorst if we double 22?

I need a second Arsenal attacker soon so taking out Kane give me the money.

Re: the blanks - I wouldn't let it put you off getting players in that are in form. I got Toney in this week despite a blank and a suspension hanging over him. Anyone with double/triple Newcastle defence has been raking in points the last few weeks. Same with United. This is where I disagree with the likes of Ben Crellin who says not to get in players who might blank in GW25. You might miss out on some serious points in the 4 weeks before it just to navigate a single blank GW slightly better. That's dumb in my opinion.

Assuming no more doubles or Toney ban my transfer plans are

GW21 - roll
GW22 - Mitoma or March in for Andreas
GW23 - Stones and Odegaard in for Perisic and Almiron (6 doublers)
GW24 - roll
GW25 - have 2 FT's to get 11 out (would own Trippier, Shaw, Rashford, Toney, Mitoma or March if the favourites went through)

Selfdestruction mode put on hold for now:

67 points so far this week with 7 players left to play: Shaw, Ake, KDB, Rashford, Bruno, Kane and Haaland (c).

Will roll a transfer this week to stop the bleeding. Team for GW21:

Ward (Kepa)
Trippier, Ake, Shaw/White (Bueno) - Haven't decided on Shaw or White yet, but I think both teams are likely to score, so I guess I won't matter much.
KDB, Bruno, Rashford, Odegaard, Mitoma
Haaland (C), Kane (v) (Ferguson)

Last edited:
Re: the blanks - I wouldn't let it put you off getting players in that are in form. I got Toney in this week despite a blank and a suspension hanging over him. Anyone with double/triple Newcastle defence has been raking in points the last few weeks. Same with United. This is where I disagree with the likes of Ben Crellin who says not to get in players who might blank in GW25. You might miss out on some serious points in the 4 weeks before it just to navigate a single blank GW slightly better. That's dumb in my opinion.
Look at this humble bragger running amok @Dirty Schwein

Wtf is with this week? I have onlY 50 points (with 6 players to play double game) and i have green arrow. Week of failures?

Wtf is with this week? I have onlY 50 points (with 6 players to play double game) and i have green arrow. Week of failures?
Plenty of hits taken I guess, a lot of popular picks like City/United defenders, Mitro, Martial, Salah, Almiron, Kane etc. blanking so far. It's not a very high scoring week, despite so many TC chips played.
I respect Ben Crellin more than any other content creator (and he's in fact the only 'pundit' I follow because his spreadsheets are just the best) but I tend to agree with you on this - a lot depends on the chip strategy, how strong your bench is and if you're planning to save transfers next GWs. There will be many teams heading into GW25 with only a handful of players, it could be a good chance to catch up some points.

Looks like another DGW, in GW22, will soon be confirmed. Rash, Shaw and who's the third guy? Bruno?

Probably the safest to play both. I could get in Gnoto and Bruno for Toney and Almiron that week and then turn Bruno and Andreas into Odegaard and Mahrez the week after which looks tasty.
-4 over 2 gw's but I get 4 doublers in 22 and 6 in 23.

No idea what to do before the weekend

shall I ditch Kepa for Pope? or Mitro for Toney? Or KDB for who?

I think rolling a transfer if you can will be beneficial. None of those look particularly pressing. Can play Kepa v Liverpool. Mitro can score against anyone. If KDB is rested tonight (as rumoured) then good chance he plays at the weekend. He also went mental against Wolves previously.

Just checked my team for the first time this week and only realising I dropped Ramsdale to the bench for Ward because Arsenal were playing Spurs :( :lol:

Cool 1 pointer for Martial from his double then. Great stuff.
Gots to go.

Cool 1 pointer for Martial from his double then. Great stuff.
Gots to go.

His best replacement may well be Weghorst! If he does well tonight (which I think he will) and the team thrive with a proper CF up top, I can see him keeping his place.