Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Mahrez haul :drool:

First time in a long time something has gone well.

I will be ignorant now but what is the story with that guy Ben? He is often quoted here.
Is that BeforeKeane.....? :nervous:
I don't think Ben is on the Caf, he cheers for the Toons AFAIK :lol: he's quoted often because he's a breathe of fresh air compared to pretty much all other FPL content producers, he doesn't post much but when it does it's relevant stuff rather than bullshit memes. I only follow him to be honest - his spreadsheets are just the best and are the most useful FPL tool around IMO.

Odegaard or Saka... any preferences/tips?
It's very close and if you look at the stats it's even closer.
Odegaard this season per 90: 0.22 goals, 0.23 assists, 0.16 xG, 0.29 xAG
Saka this season per 90: 0.23 goals, 0.22 assists (not including one penalty he's taken and scored), 0.25 xG, 0.20 xAG

I wrote here a few times already before this and previous GWs that Odegaard looks on fire and IMO is the best of Arsenal assets at the moment, last few games he really looked incredible but then again he might be overperforming his xG a little bit and won't score a 20 meter plus goal every match. Saka potentially has penalties. There's no right answer to this.

I myself am still stuck with Martinelli and wonder when is the time to move him on - thing is every transfer counts and I can't afford sideways moves, so good chance I'll stay with him until the next DGW for Arsenal.

Form over fixtures guys. To be fair tc is a letdown most years
True, but last few years I've been quite lucky with the TC and usually it helped me climb a lot of rank late in the season. This year I kind of felt like defending my lead and perhaps it influenced my decision and backfired. I think I'm more mad about bringing KDB in - also due to his ownership in the top - knowing he was in shit form and now I'm not even sure if he starts against Wolves :o Could've been worse though, it's still a big green arrow for me this week and gotta focus on upcoming fixtures.

79 points with a Bruno masterclass. if only I had played Kepa and white I could have hit 93 points and climbed into the top 10k.

It's very close and if you look at the stats it's even closer.
Odegaard this season per 90: 0.22 goals, 0.23 assists, 0.16 xG, 0.29 xAG
Saka this season per 90: 0.23 goals, 0.22 assists (not including one penalty he's taken and scored), 0.25 xG, 0.20 xAG

I wrote here a few times already before this and previous GWs that Odegaard looks on fire and IMO is the best of Arsenal assets at the moment, last few games he really looked incredible but then again he might be overperforming his xG a little bit and won't score a 20 meter plus goal every match. Saka potentially has penalties. There's no right answer to this.

I myself am still stuck with Martinelli and wonder when is the time to move him on - thing is every transfer counts and I can't afford sideways moves, so good chance I'll stay with him until the next DGW for Arsenal.

True, but last few years I've been quite lucky with the TC and usually it helped me climb a lot of rank late in the season. This year I kind of felt like defending my lead and perhaps it influenced my decision and backfired. I think I'm more mad about bringing KDB in - also due to his ownership in the top - knowing he was in shit form and now I'm not even sure if he starts against Wolves :o Could've been worse though, it's still a big green arrow for me this week and gotta focus on upcoming fixtures.
There was always a chance it could’ve done well to be fair. Just one of those. There’s a good chance others will share minutes in their dgw too

Same. Am not overly worried about it but I will be getting Odegaard in alongside him for GW23.

Thinking of going Martinelli to Odegaard or Saka. Martinelli's gone off the boil a bit.

Alternatively, I could go Almiron to either of them but don't want two arsenal MF when they're playing United so might leave Almiron in for now.

Martinelli and Rashford are season keepers if you had them since beginning. Such a brilliant budget options .

Martinelli and Rashford are season keepers if you had them since beginning. Such a brilliant budget options .
I’m also tempted by Martinelli to Saka though (already have Ode). Bit of a differential at this point and Trossard might get some minutes off him, although that might not be a bad thing if it keeps him fresher.

Captain then this week?

Still Haaland? He has to play doesn't he? I've got Toney but he's a bit flakey.
I’m thinking Haaland. We’ve got a tough game and Rashford looked leggy. Only other option for me is Kane I think but I don’t trust Spurs.

Going to save a transfer i think this week, and then do Mount to Ödegard and Dalot to Shaw next week.
Team this week is :
Ward (Kepa)
Botman-Trippier-Lewis ( White-Dalot)
KDB-Rashford-Martinelli-Andreas (Mount)
Mitrovic-Kane-Haaland(c)

Might do Mount to Ödegard now and swap him for Andreas, but i think we are going to hold Arsenal from scoring more than one.

Still have Martial but no funds.

He's 6.6m, what's the play?

1. Nketiah - difficult (we hope!) fixture this week, but double soon - with Jesus no sign of a comeback
  2. Weigy - didn't look particularly great and will surely share mins with Martial
  3. Hold Martial and use bench this week? Though Andreas, Bueno and White don't scream points - though would probably go White to jinx their defence.
Worry with Nketiah is that ties up my 3rd Arsenal slot ahead of their double, and no chance of Odegarrd or Saka... Though it's 2 games away and maybe wildcard by then to finally ditch Cancelo and De Bruyne? And we may have more info on doubles?

1. Nketiah - difficult (we hope!) fixture this week, but double soon - with Jesus no sign of a comeback
  2. Weigy - didn't look particularly great and will surely share mins with Martial
  3. Hold Martial and use bench this week? Though Andreas, Bueno and White don't scream points - though would probably go White to jinx their defence.
Worry with Nketiah is that ties up my 3rd Arsenal slot ahead of their double, and no chance of Odegarrd or Saka... Though it's 2 games away and maybe wildcard by then to finally ditch Cancelo and De Bruyne? And we may have more info on doubles?
Isak worth a look?

Not so much in this budget… Nketiah might be the best choice but you’ve said it yourself about the 3rd slot. Some have Mbuemo but I’m not sure if he’s such a great option. Dirt cheap and in great form (scored two in the cup lately) is young Gnonto of Leeds, also with a potential DGW quite soon, guess if I were looking for a cheap forward punt he might come good.

Have 3 Newcastle - Almo and 2 defenders
Think Almo's purple patch is pretty much done. I will see for another GW and look to transfer him out.

Odegaard for Almo is already a pretty popular transfer I believe.

Think Almo's purple patch is pretty much done. I will see for another GW and look to transfer him out.

Odegaard for Almo is already a pretty popular transfer I believe.

Yep think I'll start white and bench him.
Then that gives me 2 freebies and potentially a cheap triple for -4 to sort the shape out

I’m also tempted by Martinelli to Saka though (already have Ode). Bit of a differential at this point and Trossard might get some minutes off him, although that might not be a bad thing if it keeps him fresher.
Think Trossard will share minutes wirg both Martinelli and Nke. It won't be a pure black and white situation.

Yep think I'll start white and bench him.
Then that gives me 2 freebies and potentially a cheap triple for -4 to sort the shape out
I was thinking about that -4 few days ago; White/Odeg》Almiron/Cucu.

Didn't do it and now, thanks to price changes, i am 0.1 short. I messed up

I was thinking about that -4 few days ago; White/Odeg》Almiron/Cucu.

Didn't do it and now, thanks to price changes, i am 0.1 short. I messed up

Always annoying, as often your first thought is the best thought in this game.

I am not active today since going to roll I think.
Has anyone got injured. KDB expected to start this time after injury/personal issue?

KDB to Bruno incoming.

I've got Martial..oh wait.

Arsenal double the same week?

Might be time for a wildcard. Change the Utd De Gea and Martial for Shaw and Bruno then ditch KDB and Cancelo for a cheaper City defender, Odegaad and work out who is the in vogue 3rd striker. Or maybe even ditch kane and go all in mix it all up

Couple of weeks to work it out!

Only just checked my team after final points in for the gw, Kulu getting the goal was nice but did not expect 2 bps! Excellent.

Really unsure what to do with my team. I think with the rumours of a potential DGW in GW22 i'll hold any transfers for now.

Kepa
Trippier / Botman / Saliba
KDB / Rashford / Kuluveski / Martinelli
Haaland (C) / Kane / Mitrovic

Subs: Ward / Shaw / Andreas / Neco

Tempted to get in Saka or Odegaard for Kulu but that performance last night makes me want to keep him for one more week.