Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Captained Rashy. Think he might end up getting heavily reduced minutes on Wednesday, maybe even starting on the bench.

Looking forward to getting rid of Martial, that experiment didn’t work at all. Toney looks a good bet with those two fixtures coming up.

Captained Rashy. Think he might end up getting heavily reduced minutes on Wednesday, maybe even starting on the bench.

Looking forward to getting rid of Martial, that experiment didn’t work at all. Toney looks a good bet with those two fixtures coming up.

Seems Martial wasn't fully fit which makes sense, so hopefully he still starts in midweek. But yes, he just doesn't do enough.

Andy Gray was saying in his punditry "what does he actually do", which seems to be how our fans are seeing him again now, following the ridiculous overhype on him in comparison to Ronaldo. But I think the worries we all had before hand are resurfacing.

We all know we need a big signing there in the summer.

Seems I will be on 46 points after today with the only glaring mistake being Ward ahead of Sanchez which cost me 5 points. All my mates ridiculed me for captaining Rashford ahead of Haaland (who many of them have even tripled) but seems I am the happy one for now - Haaland may well catch up in the second game but it definitely doesn’t seem like he will outscore him greatly.

With a few minutes left, it appears that getting Mee was also a very good move.

Think Weghorst will be picked ahead of Martial soon.

Martial has shown a few things over the years, but top of the list is that he can't play 90 repeatedly week in week out.

So he'll probably start midweek, but the schedule is so packed he can't be relied on much longer.

Seems I will be on 46 points after today with the only glaring mistake being Ward ahead of Sanchez which cost me 5 points. All my mates ridiculed me for captaining Rashford ahead of Haaland (who many of them have even tripled) but seems I am the happy one for now - Haaland may well catch up in the second game but it definitely doesn’t seem like he will outscore him greatly.

With a few minutes left, it appears that getting Mee was also a very good move.

Who on earth have you got for 46? That's a serious haul this far in.

My team is shit, but we are on the way to fight for the title if Arsenal decline.

The only thing I missed was Haaland scoring and a Shaw assist on top of us getting the win.

Although for Real football I think we are on the way to be a force even if Arsenal win the league.

Seems Martial wasn't fully fit which makes sense, so hopefully he still starts in midweek. But yes, he just doesn't do enough.

Andy Gray was saying in his punditry "what does he actually do", which seems to be how our fans are seeing him again now, following the ridiculous overhype on him in comparison to Ronaldo. But I think the worries we all had before hand are resurfacing.

We all know we need a big signing there in the summer.

I think a lot of the good stuff we do actually goes through him, but it doesn’t make him a good FF asset. He’s pretty good at getting the ball played into his feet and laying it off, he just doesn’t seem to bother getting in the box to score. Add that to his constant need to be wrapped in cotton wool and it’s not a great combo.

I think a lot of the good stuff we do actually goes through him, but it doesn’t make him a good FF asset. He’s pretty good at getting the ball played into his feet and laying it off, he just doesn’t seem to bother getting in the box to score. Add that to his constant need to be wrapped in cotton wool and it’s not a great combo.

Was worth a go, as a United striker for an on the up United could have been genius.
But it just isn't panning out that way.

I haven't posted here since before the World Cup. I tried to retire from journalism but I'm back at it. Most weekends I'm working on completing deadlines.

Anyhow, I've dropped from 200,000 to over a million. Last week, I left 17 pts on the bench. As of today, I've got more points on the bench (10) than I do on the field (7). Oh well

I'm hoping for better returns tomorrow.

While I've been trying to turn things around, I've considered putting Salah and TAA back in my team. Thank God I didn't do that. I'm also going to finally move away from the Haaland perma-captain. Thinking I might (C) Almiron for two or three weeks and see what happens. It's looking like Premier League defenders are finally figuring out how to stop Haaland by triple teaming him.

It's always an awkward week when you have 6 players in one game isn't it? Especially when both teams score meaning your cleanies are eradicated.

I haven't posted here since before the World Cup. I tried to retire from journalism but I'm back at it. Most weekends I'm working on completing deadlines.

Anyhow, I've dropped from 200,000 to over a million. Last week, I left 17 pts on the bench. As of today, I've got more points on the bench (10) than I do on the field (7). Oh well

I'm hoping for better returns tomorrow.

While I've been trying to turn things around, I've considered putting Salah and TAA back in my team. Thank God I didn't do that. I'm also going to finally move away from the Haaland perma-captain. Thinking I might (C) Almiron for two or three weeks and see what happens. It's looking like Premier League defenders are finally figuring out how to stop Haaland by triple teaming him.

Will see if other teams follow our man marking of KDB, who a lot of his assists come from.
Fred lost him a few times, but generally stopped him having that space to whip endless balls in for Haaland.

Triple captaining never felt right this week. The fixtures just don't suit it.
Remember last year that Salah had 2 fodder teams? That was so right it was unreal.
That was an exception where the best player in the league played two shite teams. Most seasons TC usually is a hit and miss and have been a lot of 1 pointers.

Who on earth have you got for 46? That's a serious haul this far in.

45 actually as Mee went from 2 to 1 bonus points in the end.

20 from Rashford, 9 from Bruno, 7 from Mee and blanks from Ward, Cancelo, Bernardo, Shaw and Haaland. I have just had a lot of players play already. Only got Trippier, Almiron and Kane left this weekend and then second games for some of the players.

7 left on the bench with Sanchez and 6 with Bueno too.

What do people think about Mitoma from Brighton? He looked brilliant yesterday, constant threat down the left.

And for 4.9mio I'm thinking on bringing him in for GW21.

Last edited:
What do people think about Mitoma from Brighton? He looked brilliant yesterday, constant threat down the left.

And for 4.9mio I thinking on bringing him in for GW21.

I will definitely buy him at some point, maybe as soon as next GW. Impressed me against Arsenal but then I had to think about this double GW comes to transfers. With Trossard on his way out and Mitoma's cheap price, he is very good to buy IMO.

Brighton also has a good run of fixtures: Leicester (A), Bournemouth (H), Palace (A), Fulham (H), Newcastle (A), West Ham (H), and Leeds (A).

45 actually as Mee went from 2 to 1 bonus points in the end.

20 from Rashford, 9 from Bruno, 7 from Mee and blanks from Ward, Cancelo, Bernardo, Shaw and Haaland. I have just had a lot of players play already. Only got Trippier, Almiron and Kane left this weekend and then second games for some of the players.

7 left on the bench with Sanchez and 6 with Bueno too.
Mammoth score so far, congrats. Mee is such a FPL legend and I would’ve gotten him if it wasn’t for Darwin injury. Bruno paid off nicely too, not to mention Rash cap.

And for 4.9mio I'm thinking on bringing him in for GW21.
He does look good. Very involved and representing great value. Would he be your fifth mid though, and you go with only two forwards? I stay loyal to 343 and don’t know if and how I’ll fit him.

Mammoth score so far, congrats. Mee is such a FPL legend and I would’ve gotten him if it wasn’t for Darwin injury. Bruno paid off nicely too, not to mention Rash cap.

He does look good. Very involved and representing great value. Would he be your fifth mid though, and you go with only two forwards? I stay loyal to 343 and don’t know if and how I’ll fit him.
Yeah I think I would bring him in as my fifth midfielder in place of Andreas.
As I have only two playing strikers (Haaland and Kane), I would go with 3-5-2 and play him regularly.

But will wait until this GW is finished to make the definite decision.

Yeah I think I would bring him in as my fifth midfielder in place of Andreas.
As I have only two playing strikers (Haaland and Kane), I would go with 3-5-2 and play him regularly.

But will wait until this GW is finished to make the definite decision.
It's usually better to wait and these GWs it's even more important to do so. Looks like this week is also a very good one to save the FT if possible - we'll be having a longer break afterwards with many non-league fixtures and will know more about blanks/DGWs.

I must buy back Raya and especially Toney. feck Kepa, Mitrobic and other solutions which looks great on paper. With Raya and Toney i knew that every other week i get points.

Edit: and Mitrovic just scores :lol:.

Edit: feck!!

I believe the pen was completely invalidated.

edit - Disallowed even. Pretty funny to see people on social media calling for the -2 though

Last edited:
Incredibly triple Chelsea out of refusal to take another -4... has does me wonders. Kepa 10pters, Cucurella doesn't play which brings on Bueno and Mount's modest 3pts. I'll take that.