Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I just sold Trossard and impulse bought Rodrigo from Leeds. Their fixtures after Newcastle are a succession of 2s. Was it good, was it bad? Dunno. I made sure I didn't think about it that much.

Who would you bench out of White/Walker/Shaw/Andreas?

Obvious answer would be Andreas, but i'm tempted to play him vs Soton and therefore must bench one of the others.

White--> Good chance that Arsenal concede. But if not, i might loose rankings as everyone has an Arsenal defender.
Walker--> Everton at home...but Pep Roulette..
Shaw--> Though game. But just brought him in and don't want to put him straight on the bench.

Similar conundrum to you. I've opted to start Shaw over White (with the thinking that Brighton are more likely to score than Wolves are, though Arsenal are the better defensive unit compared to us).

Torn between benching Andreas or starting him in place of e.g. Martial. Seems like a crazy thought, but Southampton at home is tempting and Martial is always unpredictable...

I just sold Trossard and impulse bought Rodrigo from Leeds. Their fixtures after Newcastle are a succession of 2s. Was it good, was it bad? Dunno. I made sure I didn't think about it that much.

Brighton have a DGW coming up. I think you've had a mare there mate.

Similar conundrum to you. I've opted to start Shaw over White (with the thinking that Brighton are more likely to score than Wolves are, though Arsenal are the better defensive unit compared to us).

Torn between benching Andreas or starting him in place of e.g. Martial. Seems like a crazy thought, but Southampton at home is tempting and Martial is always unpredictable...
Yeah think I will also bench White. And start Shaw, Andreas, Martial.

Add Rashford to that, I will triple up on United vs Wolves away. What can go wrong. :lol:

Team as it stands:
Kepa
Trippier Walker Shaw
Salah Saka Andreas KDB Rashford
Haaland Martial

Rucking James off seems a no brainer, but with the quick fire turn around of games I'm tempted to just field this for week 18

De Gea
Trippier Cancelo Botman
KDB Almiron Martinelli Rashy
Haaland Martial Darwin

White and Andreas good back up off the bench

Carrying the transfer allows a sit and wait job on a few scenarios:

1. Which Chelsea defender for their double
  2. Whether to ship Darwin
  3. Whether to free up funds for Kane for their double in week 20

Rucking James off seems a no brainer, but with the quick fire turn around of games I'm tempted to just field this for week 18

De Gea
Trippier Cancelo Botman
KDB Almiron Martinelli Rashy
Haaland Martial Darwin

White and Andreas good back up off the bench

Carrying the transfer allows a sit and wait job on a few scenarios:

1. Which Chelsea defender for their double
  2. Whether to ship Darwin
  3. Whether to free up funds for Kane for their double in week 20

Yeah that sounds sensible to wait another week.

I had to move as I don't want to play Patterson or Thomas this week.

My next transfer will be another wildcard correction - either Mitro in for Darwin or Kepa in for Ramsdale. Really hope Mitro gets booked this week.

Yeah that sounds sensible to wait another week.

I had to move as I don't want to play Patterson or Thomas this week.

My next transfer will be another wildcard correction - either Mitro in for Darwin or Kepa in for Ramsdale. Really hope Mitro gets booked this week.

Yep, Mitro being booked would definitely helps as he'll have to be brought into cover the risk next week.
Not sure when the yellow card thing expires, but sod's law is he gets a booking in game 1 of the double!

Yep, Mitro being booked would definitely helps as he'll have to be brought into cover the risk next week.
Not sure when the yellow card thing expires, but sod's law is he gets a booking in game 1 of the double!

Yeah that could definitely happen and almost certainly will if I bring him in. :lol:

But it'd be too risky to go without.

Yeah that could definitely happen and almost certainly will if I bring him in. :lol:

But it'd be too risky to go without.

Definitely, half the game is about covering risk.

Mitrovic, triple big hitter City coverage and Kane look to be essential stuff over the next 3 or 4 weeks,

Definitely, half the game is about covering risk.

Mitrovic, triple big hitter City coverage and Kane look to be essential stuff over the next 3 or 4 weeks,

Yeah and I'm on the wrong side of variance again. Need to now get Mitro in because I was under the impression he was injured and all the people who put Salah in and got his points will switch to KDB for the City double anyway. Meh. I hate this game sometimes. That Mitro/Salah v KDB/Darwin decision ended up costing me 23 points last week alone and very little chance of making anything back on it now.

Yeah and I'm on the wrong side of variance again. Need to now get Mitro in because I was under the impression he was injured and all the people who put Salah in and got his points will switch to KDB for the City double anyway. Meh. I hate this game sometimes. That Mitro/Salah v KDB/Darwin decision ended up costing me 23 points last week alone and very little chance of making anything back on it now.

Need Darwin to monster a haul and Salah blank.
If Darwin put even 50% of his chances away he'd double digit each week!

Yep. And I watched both the Liverpool and City games and Darwin/KDB owners really were unlucky as well. Could've both pulled double digits.

KDB unfortunately was the classic, assist the assister! Great for the team, useless for us owners!

Any guesses on what price and position will Gakpo be? Will he be listed as a striker or a midfielder? I feel if he is listed as a midfielder around 6.5-7m range and can replicate even half of his previous stats, he would be a great asset.

£8m midfielder apparently.

Torn between whom to bench? Can start two and bench one
Martinelli BHA A
Andreas SOU H
Adams FUL A

Also tempered to captain salah over Haaland worrying about pep roulette

Martinelli BHA A
Andreas SOU H
Adams FUL A

I'd start the first two personally and I wouldn't worry about Pep roulette. You'll just go mad.

Certainly captain him if you think he'll score more though.

Martinelli BHA A
Andreas SOU H
Adams FUL A

Definately Adams. Don't worry about Pep roulette.

What about Andreas in for Wilson who will go on the bench this gameweek? Solid enough?

Good option this week certainly

Darwin assist...that sounds like he's made a howler of a one on one and the defender has lashed it into his own net for a 2nd own goal!

Darwin assist...that sounds like he's made a howler of a one on one and the defender has lashed it into his own net for a 2nd own goal!
It was actually a very decent chip that hit the bar and only then was blasted by double agent Faes. He made that chance himself too, can’t insult him here.

It was actually a very decent chip that hit the bar and only then was blasted by double agent Faes. He made that chance himself too, can’t insult him here.

I'm getting more worried holding him as he seems an absolute nearly man.

Knowing my luck Toney will be given his ban as soon as I bring him in

Was gonna have Toney in my team during the wildcard but of course i paid attention to the caf who told me of his impending lengthy ban, so that's just great.

Not official but apparently very very likely to be announced soon. Ben Crellin is the man you need to follow.

Cheers. 60% chance he seems to give it. Not enough for me to go for Trossard.

a bit blown away/surprised however that the gw20 doubles for spurs/city are conditional. Depends on whether a fa cup replay is necessary. Quite short notice, when you plan 3 weeks ahead like me to get Kane

Now I understand why Darwin’s xG is so high. Gets so many chances and happily wastes them all. Frustrating player to own

Now I understand why Darwin’s xG is so high. Gets so many chances and happily wastes them all. Frustrating player to own

Just be glad he scraped an assist today. Missed another hatful.
Gotta get rid really, with the likes of Kane and Mitrovic out there.

Yeah it did make me laugh that people were talking about that all week. It’s a typical case of using statistics for whatever you’re trying to prove.

Maybe he will turn it around but for now, it just shows that he can’t finish. Nothing more.

Was gonna have Toney in my team during the wildcard but of course i paid attention to the caf who told me of his impending lengthy ban, so that's just great.

Went off on a stretcher so you lost some points, but saved yourself a headache.

Thank feck Salah blanked. Now need KDB to right the wrongs of the last game. Come on you ginger cnut!

Time for Kdb 》 Salah switch. Salah gave me one good week and one shit one. I have more faith in KDB