Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Yeah this has taken the fun out of it. They really need to alter the pricing system.

Haaland needs to be £15m as everyone will just pick him as perma Captain at his current price and there's no debate to be had...

I feel even at £15m he would be a captain of 70% of teams currently. :lol: You should not be able to have the main attacking outlets of Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd in your team as well as having the best full backs of whichever top 6 teams have the easiest fixtures coming up. It is very easily doable currently. Fortunately Darwin has been crap as otherwise it would be even ridiculous if you could have a Liverpool target man for £9m.

The ridiculously low prices are further aided by the fact Son, Robertson and TAA are not performing so the selection of expensive premiums is significantly slimmer.

Even when Ronaldo and Salah were hitting their 30+ goal seasons captaincy didn't seem as pointless as this year.

I dare say they'll go too far the other way next season and Haaland will be 16m.
Martinelli/Saka/Odegaard/Rashy will all be 10m
United and Newcastle defenders will all be 6m and we'll all be moaning :lol:

Even when Ronaldo and Salah were hitting their 30+ goal seasons captaincy didn't seem as pointless as this year.

I dare say they'll go too far the other way next season and Haaland will be 16m.
I would actually prefer this way.

I would rather it be this way than what it is currently, to be honest.

Agree with Schweiny. They massively dropped the ball on prices this year and effectively ruined their own game. Not that they care with more people playing than ever. Probably see it as a success.

Agree with Schweiny. They massively dropped the ball on prices this year and effectively ruined their own game. Not that they care with more people playing than ever. Probably see it as a success.

Rashy from 9.5 to 6.5 immediately leapt out as a bargain.
He had a lowish output last year, but they don't normally do such huge reductions like that do they?

IMO they don't need to change prices as much as incentive ownership of different players by adding things like pass completion/key passes/tackles/clearances. Right now it's kinda pointless owning anybody who isn't a goal scoring/assisting midfielder or attacker, and after a few weeks it becomes obvious which ones are going to be the best throughout the season. They even have these stats in the game because of how the bonus points system works but they don't utilise them.

Personally I'm enjoying my small draft league more than the actual game this year. It's very tight and I like thinking each week which fringe players to draft in

Last edited:
Any guesses on what price and position will Gakpo be? Will he be listed as a striker or a midfielder? I feel if he is listed as a midfielder around 6.5-7m range and can replicate even half of his previous stats, he would be a great asset.

Who to put on my bench, Foden, Martinelli, Darwin or Mitrovic?
You're in a difficult position, which makes sense considering your attackers:

Foden - Was rested so should play but we have seen him get benched consecutively before.
Martinelli - Great form but Brighton away isn't the easiest of fixtures.

Darwin - xG monster but misses a lot. Playing a leaky Leicester team.
Mitro - Will play the full 90 and on pens. Soton look like a shambles.
Rashy - Great form and involved in most of United's goals at the minute. Wolves aren't as secure defensively as they used to be.
KDB - Always good for multiple returns. Could have had a few last game.
Almiron - The most in form player in the league against a Leeds defence that can be got at.
Haaland - Yeah... no one is benching this guy.

I would go with one of the bolded. Personally, leaning towards benching Martinelli if you're trying to make up rank or Foden if you're trying to protect rank.

Just panicked and bought cucu in for James, only to realize that next week I'll be benching him. Was a toss up between him and martinelli to start but I have kepa at least in case of a chelsea cleanie.

You're in a difficult position, which makes sense considering your attackers:

Foden - Was rested so should play but we have seen him get benched consecutively before.
Martinelli - Great form but Brighton away isn't the easiest of fixtures.

Darwin - xG monster but misses a lot. Playing a leaky Leicester team.
Mitro - Will play the full 90 and on pens. Soton look like a shambles.
Rashy - Great form and involved in most of United's goals at the minute. Wolves aren't as secure defensively as they used to be.
KDB - Always good for multiple returns. Could have had a few last game.
Almiron - The most in form player in the league against a Leeds defence that can be got at.
Haaland - Yeah... no one is benching this guy.

I would go with one of the bolded. Personally, leaning towards benching Martinelli if you're trying to make up rank or Foden if you're trying to protect rank.
Vaivering between Foden and Martinelli, I benched Martinelli last instead of Foden who didn't start. You would think Foden starts this week, Mahrez was poor against Leeds and Grealish was a few minutes from being pulled when he assisted on two goals.

Good, hope so. Overpricing is better than underpricing

Just panicked and bought cucu in for James, only to realize that next week I'll be benching him. Was a toss up between him and martinelli to start but I have kepa at least in case of a chelsea cleanie.

Benching him in a double week? I know one of those fixtures is against City but really?

Had to take Fernandes out to fit haaland in. Rashford is quite cheap at 6.8. Best thing aswell is him being classed as a midfielder on there so will be gaining more points. My front 3 is now haaland, Kane and mitrovic. Was a choice between mitrovic and Toney so hope I made the right choice.

Having only one Pool player (Salah) doesn't feel right. Shame that their defenders are overpriced.
I always have at least one of there FB in, either Trent or Robertson because that’s where their creativity comes from.

Tempted to go triple captain haaland this weekend but knowing my luck he’ll do absolutely nothing if I did that :lol:

Who would you bench out of White/Walker/Shaw/Andreas?

Obvious answer would be Andreas, but i'm tempted to play him vs Soton and therefore must bench one of the others.

White--> Good chance that Arsenal concede. But if not, i might loose rankings as everyone has an Arsenal defender.
Walker--> Everton at home...but Pep Roulette..
Shaw--> Though game. But just brought him in and don't want to put him straight on the bench.

I have Cancelo and Trippier like everyone else. For my 3rd defender I can't decide between Gabriel and Botman.

Arsenal are the better side and Gabriel has a reasonable goal threat, but Brighton away is a tough clean sheet. Botman has Leeds home and that feels like the percentage pick. Thoughts?

I am still weighing up whether I take a -4 to get in Mitrovic. I should have had him in but Silva comments put me off!

I am thinking I might just go with my gut and stick with Darwin. If Mitro gets that yellow in either of his next two games, it could well be the right call.

I just hate to miss out on an obvious DGW player.