Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I really hope Ten Haag knows what comes in the PL. It even took Pep and Klopp some time to adapt.

With time I think he will improve us a lot, but I wonder if Conte as a manager would not had a bigger chance to win the league for us.
I’m hoping he’s smart enough to realise that and can mix up the CHs depending on opposition.

And no.

There's not that much difference between Neto and not having a starting player. :lol:
Think that's a bit harsh :lol:

In his only full season he got 124 points (5 goals and 8 assists)... If he gets anything above 100, that great value at 5.5

It's not like he's oriol romeu ffs :lol:
He seems to be putting in some kind of effort again. He could easily hit over 10 goals if we don’t sign anyone
Yeah but I'd rather wait and see. If he was 6, I probs would have gone straight in. But he's at that awkward 6.5 so it's a hold for me.

Bruno G vs Martinelli what do we think? One nailed and one not nailed.

One an attacking winger and the other defensive midfielder/box box midfielder.

One great fixtures and others with hard ones? Bruno G better gameweek one fixture though.

Martinelli feels much more exciting and even Rashford for 6.5 is, but if I want that kind of wild pick I should probably go Mahrez again.

Think that's a bit harsh :lol:

In his only full season he got 124 points (5 goals and 8 assists)... If he gets anything above 100, that great value at 5.5

It's not like he's oriol romeu ffs :lol:

Yeah but I'd rather wait and see. If he was 6, I probs would have gone straight in. But he's at that awkward 6.5 so it's a hold for me.
Neto being a bust will make for some awesome entertainment.

Whenever I get in a situation of getting a 5.5 mid I just swap them for a 5-5.5 def. Have a few drafts with 5-2-3.

Dare i say.....Martial? 7 mil? Damn, last year i had him in my starting team. And Rashford later. And Shaw. And Dave. And Dalot. And Bruno. And Ronaldo. And Cavani.

Hm....i see a pattern here :nervous:

Anything to be said for this potential madness…

Raya (Olsen)

TAA - James - Chilwell - Tomiyasu - Botman
Rashford - de Bruyne - Martinelli - Wissa - (4.5)
Kane - Haaland - Undav

Positives
- 3 Premiums
- Three big hitters at the back
- Two top strikers
- Tomi/Botman and Wissa/Undav have perfect rotation
- Always have perfect fixtures for lesser players

Negatives
- No Salah
- Only one Liverpool player
- Money on the bench every week
- Undav could be pants

It’s a bit mad and I probably wouldn’t do it, but it would be nice to look at your team and not really worry about fixtures on any given week!

Anything to be said for this potential madness…

Raya (Olsen)

TAA - James - Chilwell - Tomiyasu - Botman
Rashford - de Bruyne - Martinelli - Wissa - (4.5)
Kane - Haaland - Undav

Positives
- 3 Premiums
- Three big hitters at the back
- Two top strikers
- Tomi/Botman and Wissa/Undav have perfect rotation
- Always have perfect fixtures for lesser players

Negatives
- No Salah
- Only one Liverpool player
- Money on the bench every week
- Undav could be pants

It’s a bit mad and I probably wouldn’t do it, but it would be nice to look at your team and not really worry about fixtures on any given week!
I have;
Raya
James, Cancelo, Taa, Tomiyasu, Perisic
Salah, Neto, Martinelli
Haaland, Kane.

I don't bother with bench. I have Pereira who will play and that is enough for start. Later i will find some good bench option for 4,5.
Top defence plus best 3 premiums. What can go wrong, eh?

I have;
Raya
James, Cancelo, Taa, Tomiyasu, Perisic
Salah, Neto, Martinelli
Haaland, Kane.

I don't bother with bench. I have Pereira who will play and that is enough for start. Later i will find some good bench option for 4,5.
Top defence plus best 3 premiums. What can go wrong, eh?

Its definitely secure, there is no way you will be far off after 5-6 gameweeks, that’s for sure.

I just can’t get away from not really liking Neto/Martinelli, but good fixtures and if they bring it, you are flying. I think there will be better 4.5 mil options than Tommy too, I just don’t know who they will be. Possibly Pereira? Tommy offers nothing going forward in the expected data.

Even with meagre returns, you have 7 big quality starters to carry them, and will never lose out too much independent of captain choice, that’s big for me. You will only ever miss out on half a haul. I don’t think that can be understated.

Its definitely secure, there is no way you will be far off after 5-6 gameweeks, that’s for sure.

I just can’t get away from not really liking Neto/Martinelli, but good fixtures and if they bring it, you are flying. I think there will be better 4.5 mil options than Tommy too, I just don’t know who they will be. Possibly Pereira? Tommy offers nothing going forward in the expected data.

Even with meagre returns, you have 7 big quality starters to carry them, and will never lose out too much independent of captain choice, that’s big for me. You will only ever miss out on half a haul. I don’t think that can be understated.
Agree about Tomiyasu. If we don't buy full back, i will go with Dalot instead of Tommy. And yeah, i don't like Neto/Martinelli midfield too but you must sacrifice something i guess

This draft without Salah and Mahrez feels quite decent.

Allison
TAA Perisic James Cancelo
Diaz Mahrez Son Neto
Vardy Jesus

If Mahrez gets minutes it is a very strong team if Son can be the best captain.

Problem here is getting in Salah if he kills it. Gameweek 2 Mahrez captain can end badly too.

Third draft: With Salah and Haaland

4.5 (4.0)
TAA Robertson James Chilwell Perisic
Salah Sancho Martinelli (4.5 4.5)
Haaland Jesus (4.5)

Think Zincheko could be a nice pick if he goed to Arsenal. On the game as a defender but while he may cover LB, a good chance he has game time in midfield too. £5.0m and surely will get more minutes at Arsenal than City.

Think Zincheko could be a nice pick if he goed to Arsenal. On the game as a defender but while he may cover LB, a good chance he has game time in midfield too. £5.0m and surely will get more minutes at Arsenal than City.
Yes that would be a good shout if he plays but will be get that much game time? Possibly of Tierney is out but in left midfield don't they have Martinelli and ESR?

Yes that would be a good shout if he plays but will be get that much game time? Possibly of Tierney is out but in left midfield don't they have Martinelli and ESR?
Talk is that Arteta may look to play him in CM. One to look out for but not rely on him early on

Second draft. I’ve picked Son over Kane and Haaland because I think he’ll comfortably out score both for just .5 more. If either catch fire or Salah tails off I can reinvest in Brubo KDB or the forwards. If it’s the same as last season with Son and Salah captains you can’t go far wrong. If the forwards go the same way as last year it’s good to not have so much invested in there and just have players who are nailed to start and may end up hitting around 10 goals.

Last edited:

Second draft. I’ve picked Son over Kane and Haaland because I think he’ll comfortably out score both for just .5 more. If either catch fire or Salah tails off I can reinvest in Brubo KDB or the forwards. If it’s the same as last season with Son and Salah captains you can’t go far wrong. If the forwards go the same way as last year it’s good to not have so much invested in there and just have players who are nailed to start and may end up hitting around 10 goals.

This is actually a fantastic draft. One of the best I have seen. So much strength in defence and midfield and two potential prospects to rotate up front with great numbers from last season.

My defence is exactly the same, but I have pushed the rest of the money into attack and gone with a two man midfield. I think Kane and Haaland will smash it this year.

But you have the proven options and the extra points that midfielders give you. It’s food for thought. Really like this and you have skillfully avoided the problem with many 5-4-1 and non-playing players.

You can also rotate out Trippier with the tough fixtures in 3 and 5.

I’ve been woeful with this the last few years - caught out by midweek fixtures/missed deadlines for transfers which have killed me off before Christmas.

Any feedback on the below draft as a starting position. Eriksen/Sancho seem decent value but that’s probably my heart leading my head:

GK: Raya / Sanchez
Def: Cancelo / TAA / Reece James / Perisic / White
Mid: Sterling / Saka / Sancho / Eriksen / Andreas
Fwd: Jesus / Haaland / Sam Greenwood

My first draft:

wJzkkvL.jpg

Will most probably change when United transfers are done.

I think it’s better to have a 6.0-6.5 midfielder than a striker of the same price since the midfielders are better value. I would switch one of the strikers to Kane and take that 0.5 and upgrade to a 6.5 midfielder.

What we saying gents? Rashford is obviously a punt but 6.5m gives me some wiggle room if it doesn't work out.

Raya

Chilwell
TAA
Robertson
Cancelo
Perisic

Salah
Rashford
Martinelli

Jesus
Haaland

So that’s not your GW1 team?
Well I'm not going to put Rice in against Man City and if Martial starts against Brighton he will score. Arsenal are just Arsenal so you never know with them. I would probably put Schar in instead of Gabriel but like I said it could be completely changed next week.

my first draft. Skipping Peproulette for now. Screwed me over many a time last season - has more ammo now too with 5 subs.

more than likely, Sterling and Bruno is a placeholder for 2 x 8pt midfielders. Just waiting on how pre-season goes for a few teams and also to see if any other deals happen. Plus need to make sure Perisic will be nailed on starter too, will have to see.

other than those 2 or 3, potentially nailed starting team as the bench will remain like that as well.

Well I'm not going to put Rice in against Man City and if Martial starts against Brighton he will score. Arsenal are just Arsenal so you never know with them. I would probably put Schar in instead of Gabriel but like I said it could be completely changed next week.

I still think you want to make your first eleven as strong as possible. Just cover on the bench, not an 8 million man. Rice is absolutely fine for bench cover.

Even downgrading Jesus to a 5.5 million option like Neto let’s you improve the team by a massive amount. Defensive midfielders like Rice/Neves just don’t get you points in FPL.

You shouldn’t be spending that much with keepers too. Just stick with Ederson if you want a top option. If you really want to rotate, do so with two 4.5’s and go with fixtures.

With that 3.5 you can go something like…

Neves -> Grealish
van Dijk -> TAA
Bruno -> Rashford
Sancho -> Diaz/Saka

More potential points in your eleven, you keep your different picks and you retain the cover on your bench (Neves and Rice)

There is loads you can do with that money, I would downgrade Jesus and de Gea and play around with that cash and look at the points players got last season to see where you can upgrade.