Fantasy Premier League 22/23

What is the feeling with Bailey. Will he be a starter?

5.0 million is a bit tempting, but I certainly would not trust him.
He won’t be a regular starter as they are stacked but he might have a breakthrough season. If he does, though, he will end up costing 5.3 or 5.4 in 8-10 weeks and will still be a bargain so no rush to grab him now. Similar with Buendia, he is definitely tempting at 6.0 but may not be a regular starter either.

I have downgraded Perisic to Mings as I fear rotation for Perisic and was now able to build a stronger midfield:

Mendy Olson
TAA Robertson Cancelo Mings Jonny
Sterling Mahrez Sancho ASM Pereira
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Of course the lack of Salah sucks but it’s a mistake I have to make every year to get myself started. Sterling does feel like he could potentially get a lot of points.

I have downgraded Perisic to Mings as I fear rotation for Perisic and was now able to build a stronger midfield:

Mendy Olson
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Of course the lack of Salah sucks but it’s a mistake I have to make every year to get myself started. Sterling does feel like he could potentially get a lot of points.

ASM is interesting. Not seeing him in many drafts. He has high potential, but often disappoints.

Given Newcastles fixtures not sure he is good enough to be worth a punt.

Mendy Olson
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

I do think the 1-premium and 3-premium setups are both far better than 2-premium and offer much better upside in their own ways.

I do think Perisic is a close to a must have if he is fit. Conte's issues in terms of rotation etc come when there are midweek fixtures, but at the start of the season with a fresh squad and his first full season, and Perisic being basically his guy, he will at least start him 4/5 games.

But the biggest factor for me is that even players like Reguillon/Sessegnon became great assets in that role, Perisic is infinitely better than them and in that setup he's actually a proper attacker. I won't be surprised if he takes points off someone like Son. For the likes of Reggie/Sess etc Son was the target, they had no other option but Perisic with the kind of attacking credibility and experience will go for a lot more goals himself, and get involved a lot more going forward. I don't think he will defend or get back much.

If I'm setting my team for 5-6 weeks that's a very attractive punt with really good potential given they have decent CS odds in those opening fixtures as well.

Ha ha yeah right, always the way. The ones with the biggest opinions usually have nothing to show for it.

It's only a bit of fun this thread mate, it's hardly like the time I told everyone to captain Salah in the run in and Klopp rested him.

I do think the 1-premium and 3-premium setups are both far better than 2-premium and offer much better upside in their own ways.

I do think Perisic is a close to a must have if he is fit. Conte's issues in terms of rotation etc come when there are midweek fixtures, but at the start of the season with a fresh squad and his first full season, and Perisic being basically his guy, he will at least start him 4/5 games.

But the biggest factor for me is that even players like Reguillon/Sessegnon became great assets in that role, Perisic is infinitely better than them and in that setup he's actually a proper attacker. I won't be surprised if he takes points off someone like Son. For the likes of Reggie/Sess etc Son was the target, they had no other option but Perisic with the kind of attacking credibility and experience will go for a lot more goals himself, and get involved a lot more going forward. I don't think he will defend or get back much.

If I'm setting my team for 5-6 weeks that's a very attractive punt with really good potential given they have decent CS odds in those opening fixtures as well.

Yeah I can get to him quite easily by just downgrading Sancho to Rashford (rotation risk), Mahrez to Bernardo (plays deeper but probably less of a rotation risk). Even ASM to Neto.

The locks in my team are TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Haaland, Jesus, probably Sterling. Then I’m building around that. I like Jonny too, he was amazing when he played but he might compete for the spot with Ait Nouri.

Besides, not having any Spurs players feels wrong anyway.

Yeah I can get to him quite easily by just downgrading Sancho to Rashford (rotation risk), Mahrez to Bernardo (plays deeper but probably less of a rotation risk). Even ASM to Neto.

The locks in my team are TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, Haaland, Jesus, probably Sterling. Then I’m building around that. I like Jonny too, he was amazing when he played but he might compete for the spot with Ait Nouri.

Besides, not having any Spurs players feels wrong anyway.
I'd have Salah, Kane or Son over Haaland given your city attack is covered by Mahrez anyway. Those three are predicted to outscore Haaland over first 5 games as well.

Like I said, there is no rationale. I always just do a quick draft to see how many premium players I can squeeze into the team and where. This was like a 10 min exercise, just looking at names and prices. I probably won't amend again until end of July when players are in.

If I'd known it was going to generate so much crap, I wouldn't have bothered posting it.

So where is your team?
I would suggest getting the absolute cheapest players possible for your bench. And then load up your starting XI with the remaining cash. As the first few games develop you can change your subs for the ones that are still the cheapest but are actually getting minutes.

4-4-F-2

Raya
TAA, Perisic, Trippier, Chilwell
Salah, Diaz, Mahrez, Martinelli
Kane, Jesus
On something very similar
Raya
TAA James Perisic Trippier
Salah Diaz Mahrez Neto
Haaland Jesus

guessing you have Williams on your bench to give you the 0.5 to go from Neto to Martinelli? I have Tomiyasu

On something very similar
Raya
TAA James Perisic Trippier
Salah Diaz Mahrez Neto
Haaland Jesus

guessing you have Williams on your bench to give you the 0.5 to go from Neto to Martinelli? I have Tomiyasu
Yeah. No point in any money on bench when you have a couple of very decent playing options from base fodder.

Going without a Spurs attacker is a no from me. I'm genuinely hoping Kane/Son smash in GW1 and 2, which will make them an easy captain choice for GW3 when both Salah and Haaland have tricky away games. Anyone who doesn't have them at that point (or have the wrong one) will have no way of getting to them apart from selling Salah/Haaland.

3rd draft - I very much appreciated previous feedback from everyone! I have drastically changed and sacrificed the likes of Cancelo, Chilwell, Ederson/Mendy and force fitted Son in:

Raya

TAA
James
Dalot
Justin
Tomiyasu

Salah
Rashford
Son(C)

Haaland
Jesus

3 premium attackers + Trent and James.

My previous draft was more balanced but I wonder if the 4.5m defenders I have might just surprise us.

Thought you're going the threemium route?
Yeah, but Haaland is possibly injured at this point, no? Salah, Kane and Son is also viable, but threemium depends a lot on good budget mids which aren't there right now. If Haaland is going to be the third premium, I'll wait and see if City can give us some nailed attacking options, which will allow us to go with Salah-Kane/Son as captains and cover City + Diaz/Robbo.

As said above though any talk a day or two before deadline is pretty pointless. :lol:

Yeah, but Haaland is possibly injured at this point, no? Salah, Kane and Son is also viable, but threemium depends a lot on good budget mids which aren't there right now. If Haaland is going to be the third premium, I'll wait and see if City can give us some nailed attacking options, which will allow us to go with Salah-Kane/Son as captains and cover City + Diaz/Robbo.

As said above though any talk a day or two before deadline is pretty pointless. :lol:

As much as I am enjoying messing around and watching videos and taking it more seriously this year, this is the truth of it.

People are spending hours debating Haaland/Kane for example, when anyone could get injured at anytime. In three weeks, with injuries and transfers, the scenario will be completely different from right now.

Absolutely no one would lock in anyone in their team right now, because we just don’t know.

As much as I am enjoying messing around and watching videos and taking it more seriously this year, this is the truth of it.

People are spending hours debating Haaland/Kane for example, when anyone could get injured at anytime. In three weeks, with injuries and transfers, the scenario will be completely different from right now.

Absolutely no one would lock in anyone in their team right now, because we just don’t know.
Apart from Neto apparently. Seems to be in more teams than Salah.

Curious of peoples thoughts on Jesus vs havertz . Haven’t seen havertz in many teams even though he is same price and nailed on to be the front man for Chelsea. Jesus will obviously get minutes as well but I bet he gets rotated more than havertz. Just curious for thoughts.

3rd draft - I very much appreciated previous feedback from everyone! I have drastically changed and sacrificed the likes of Cancelo, Chilwell, Ederson/Mendy and force fitted Son in:

Raya

TAA
James
Dalot
Justin
Tomiyasu

Salah
Rashford
Son(C)

Haaland
Jesus

3 premium attackers + Trent and James.

My previous draft was more balanced but I wonder if the 4.5m defenders I have might just surprise us.

Not bad, but no City defence…

2nd Draft : Disclaimer - I'm bullish on United attack :D

Raya

TAA-Cancelo-Perisic-Tomiyasu

Salah-Saka-Rashford

Jesus-Kane-Martial

4.0, N. Williams, Andreas, 4.5 Mid

Any thoughts on Leicester fullbacks? Seems like they're stacked in the department. Justin, Castagne, Ricardo etc. Who's gonna start between them?

2nd Draft : Disclaimer - I'm bullish on United attack :D

Raya

TAA-Cancelo-Perisic-Tomiyasu

Salah-Saka-Rashford

Jesus-Kane-Martial

4.0, N. Williams, Andreas, 4.5 Mid
Having 3 from Pool or City is the one thing but Arsenal? If/when Arsenal lose 1:0, 2:0....you have 3 players which give you 6 points together at best.

Having 3 from Pool or City is the one thing but Arsenal? If/when Arsenal lose 1:0, 2:0....you have 3 players which give you 6 points together at best.
Jesus and Saka with their fixtures is fine if you don't wanna spend elsewhere, although I was feeling Arsenal might dip a little, their attacking play has looked good so far. Looks well drilled.

Double ups can be pretty tasty if you can hit the right one. Benrahma-Antonio start of last season was a huge hit. I'm currently on Salah-Diaz and Jesus-Martinelli as mine.

I'm flip-flopping from one day to the next! Trying to look at a potential differential that seem to be missing off most people's drafts, I'll probably go with one of the following:

Vardy - Brentford, Arsenal, Saints first three fixtures and ended last season well
C. Wilson - I've gone down this rabbit-hole before and he always jinxes me, decent returns when he is actually playing and in form
Mitrovic - See above, minus the decent returns
JWP - not seen him selected by many, with a decent set of opening fixtures, other than Spurs away. 6.5m not too excessive
Neco Williams - cheap attacking fullback likely to get gametime, see Lundstram, Livramento etc...

Are there any others worth considering?

Yeah this one's gonna be a killer again.

On Kane for now. Cheaper. Pens. Generally a lot more involved. I think he needs 20+ goals to become Spurs all time top scorer and will look to get it this season.

He's more involved but if he's dropping deep I will want Son. I have Son at the moment, if he hauls he will get more bonus pts as a midfielder.

I'm flip-flopping from one day to the next! Trying to look at a potential differential that seem to be missing off most people's drafts, I'll probably go with one of the following:

Vardy - Brentford, Arsenal, Saints first three fixtures and ended last season well
C. Wilson - I've gone down this rabbit-hole before and he always jinxes me, decent returns when he is actually playing and in form
Mitrovic - See above, minus the decent returns
JWP - not seen him selected by many, with a decent set of opening fixtures, other than Spurs away. 6.5m not too excessive
Neco Williams - cheap attacking fullback likely to get gametime, see Lundstram, Livramento etc...

Are there any others worth considering?

I like Vardy and have looked at him a few times myself. No Europe and a good preseason would put him in my time.

I feel like Mitrovic fixtures are not good and Wilson would have to be rotated for both GW 3 and 5. JWP does nothing from open play points wise.

I think Pereira (Leicester) could be a great one at that price and Sterling, Mount, Bowen and Foden are all under 10% ownership. There is a big chance to do an alternative midfield if anyone has the stones to try it from the off.

He's more involved but if he's dropping deep I will want Son. I have Son at the moment, if he hauls he will get more bonus pts as a midfielder.

I thought it was the other way around. That the bonus points are more weighted towards the attackers and the midfielders pick up the extra clean sheet/goal points?

I've ended up with Leon Bailey in my latest draft :lol:

Sanchez
TAA Cancelo James Trippier
Salah (c) Mount Sancho Bailey
Haaland Jesus

Subs : Steele, N Williams, Andreas, Taylor

Currently both have scored 2 goals and have 1 assist in pre-season. I think they have assisted one for each other as well. So yeah, no idea. :lol:

If it's a 2 premium draft you can easily have either one, for a threemium that 0.5 can be vital.

Also I think at the end of last season it was clear Spurs wanted Son to get the golden boot. Kulusevski clearly said that in his interview - for the last few games they had clear instructions to always pass to Son. So even if Kane was in an advanced position it was going to Son. Not sure if Kane will continue to allow that, plus as I said earlier he's going get the Spurs top scorer record this season if he gets 25 odd goals, so what I'm hearing from Spurs fan is that he should be back to his usual standards - which is a 250 point season.

Stunned no one is feeling Callum Wilson. Gimmie 13 pointer in that first game. Compared to Jesus, who will be getting booed off after a limp defeat to Palace (Arsenal are 100% losing that).

Koulibaly at 5.5.

Anyone ever seen this guy? Is he ever gonna get anything besides a CS? Good in the air? Madman like runs like Rudiger? Feels like it's worth spending 5.5 extra for James or Chilwell.