Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I am trying to go without Salah initially but something feels wrong:

Mendy
Cancelo TAA Robertson Perisic Jonny
Mahrez Sterling ASM Rashford Pereira
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Right I need some second opinions from the classic FPL gurus here. I am very proud of this draft, please grill if need be:

Ederson

TAA
Perisic
James
Walker
Chilwell

Salah
Rashford
Diaz

Haaland
Jesus

Bench: Steele, Andreas, Colback, Archer

Right I need some second opinions from the classic FPL gurus here. I am very proud of this draft, please grill if need be:

Ederson

TAA
Perisic
James
Walker
Chilwell

Salah
Rashford
Diaz

Haaland
Jesus

I would not go Walker. He is not very attacking anymore and might not start every game.

Many better picks for that cost I think and if you want more City I rather take Dias or Laporte for sure if you do not have enough for Cancelo.

Otherwise all picks are players I consider although not going to go for Ederson.

my first draft. Skipping Peproulette for now. Screwed me over many a time last season - has more ammo now too with 5 subs.

more than likely, Sterling and Bruno is a placeholder for 2 x 8pt midfielders. Just waiting on how pre-season goes for a few teams and also to see if any other deals happen. Plus need to make sure Perisic will be nailed on starter too, will have to see.

other than those 2 or 3, potentially nailed starting team as the bench will remain like that as well.

I would be very tempted at that stage to just take the 1.5 off your bench and change Sterling to Haaland.

I would not go Walker. He is not very attacking anymore and might not start every game.

Many better picks for that cost I think and if you want more City I rather take Dias or Laporte for sure if you do not have enough for Cancelo.

Otherwise all picks are players I consider although not going to go for Ederson.
Thanks. I could bump Ederson down to DDG and using the extra £1m to get Dias or Laporte.

Not keen on downgrading to say, Mendy, given I have double Chelsea defense as it is. Zinchenko could be a good shout too down the line, I want to wait and see how he's used though.

Edit: Can't really move from Ederson toward Dias or Laporte so might keep for now. I'll reconsider Walker if City sign Cucurella

I would be very tempted at that stage to just take the 1.5 off your bench and change Sterling to Haaland.

Maybe. Just depends will Halaand outscore 2 mid tier midfielders week on week. And as I mentioned Peproulette is a disaster, will Halaand get the nod each week? But yes it is a very viable option and one I will likely take to the last few minutes of the cut off.

Maybe. Just depends will Halaand outscore 2 mid tier midfielders week on week. And as I mentioned Peproulette is a disaster, will Halaand get the nod each week? But yes it is a very viable option and one I will likely take to the last few minutes of the cut off.

I think Haaland scores more points per game than Sterling, but yeah, maybe Diaz/Saka instead of Bruno, scores more as a pairing

Thoughts on starting Neco Williams ?

Sanchez
TAA Cancelo Tomiyasu Tripper Williams
Son Salah Ramsey
Jesus Haaland

bench, Steele, Da Silva, Andreas, Archer

Ederson

TAA
Perisic
James
Walker
Chilwell

Salah
Rashford
Diaz

Haaland
Jesus

Looks solid. id have james over chilwell and the doubt in the team is probably Walker and Rashford.. but you cant have it all. Id go Saka over Jesus too as he probably takes pens, and Jesus is streaky and Saka kind of stable.

my own team currently:
Ederson
Laporte - robertson - trent - james - perisic
Salah - Neto - Saka
Haaland - Martial (if he plays, else ings or a better midfielder)

considering Kane for gw1 and then to Haaland straight after if I feel the team is solid and dont need transfers

Why is perisic a defender?

Gone with this initially

Henderson

Robertson Dias Botman Perisic

Sancho Diaz Guimaraes Bruno

Haaland Jesus

Bench: Sanchez Mitrovic KWP Gilmour

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Think Zincheko could be a nice pick if he goed to Arsenal. On the game as a defender but while he may cover LB, a good chance he has game time in midfield too. £5.0m and surely will get more minutes at Arsenal than City.
Yeah imagine he goes into midfield. His displays in 2022 for City and Ukraine there were class and could be a potential bargain at that price.

Gone with this initially

Henderson

Haaland Jesus

Thoughts?

I do not think Bruno is worth the 10 million right now.

Maybe if he gets the pens back and confidence he could be.

Just think if you are going without Salah you need Son instead as captain for gameweek 1.

Newcastle also got some hard games. One pick from them is fine, but would not go with two.

I do not think Bruno is worth the 10 million right now.

Maybe if he gets the pens back and confidence he could be.

Just think if you are going without Salah you need Son instead as captain for gameweek 1.

Newcastle also got some hard games. One pick from them is fine, but would not go with two.

Yeah I agree on Son actually. Brought him in for Bruno and downgraded Mitrovic for Mbeumo. Cheers mate.

Gone with this initially

Henderson

Haaland Jesus

Thoughts?
Too much money on the bench, Mitrovic down to a 4.5 and Sanchez to a 4.0 which gives you the money to go Bruno to Son and Robertson to TAA

I am trying to go without Salah initially but something feels wrong:

Mendy
Cancelo TAA Robertson Perisic Jonny
Mahrez Sterling ASM Rashford Pereira
Haaland Jesus Greenwood
The fact that you don’t have Salah?

Obbviously aside from that your team should be good as you've got more money.

Looks solid. id have james over chilwell and the doubt in the team is probably Walker and Rashford.. but you cant have it all. Id go Saka over Jesus too as he probably takes pens, and Jesus is streaky and Saka kind of stable.

my own team currently:
Ederson
Laporte - robertson - trent - james - perisic
Salah - Neto - Saka
Haaland - Martial (if he plays, else ings or a better midfielder)

considering Kane for gw1 and then to Haaland straight after if I feel the team is solid and dont need transfers
Thanks. Kane and Haaland is just going to be a forever headache :lol:
Yours is a good team. Martial has serious potential but Lord knows if he starts. I can see Ronaldo doing a u turn and joining us for the last two pre season games.

Gone with this initially

Henderson

Haaland Jesus

Thoughts?
He’s been signed as a wingback - and that’s where he’s played that last few years, including under Conte. Wingbacks are classed as defenders by FPL (e.g. the other Spurs wingbacks)

Number 1 rookie mistake people make in FPL every year is money on the bench. If you want to languish in mediocrity go ahead.

If you want to win your mini leagues, grow a pair and stack a good starting 11.

Number 1 rookie mistake people make in FPL every year is money on the bench. If you want to languish in mediocrity go ahead.

If you want to win your mini leagues, grow a pair and stack a good starting 11.

Just cause players are expensive do not make it certain that they are the best.

Remember Vardy and Mahrez for Leicester the season they won it.

I think the super premiums now are insanly good though and little reason to doubt them in gameweek 1. There could be gems outscoring them though.

My first draft:

wJzkkvL.jpg

Will most probably change when United transfers are done.
Arguably the worst team I've seen

My first draft:

wJzkkvL.jpg

Will most probably change when United transfers are done.
I don't mean to be rude, but that team is shocking based on what you can have. Firstly, far too much money on your subs. Secondly, for the price you are paying for defenders there are far better full back options who will get stacks of points. 3rdly, you are carrying too many mediocre FF players in your starting 11.

Just cause players are expensive do not make it certain that they are the best.

Remember Vardy and Mahrez for Leicester the season they won it.

I think the super premiums now are insanly good though and little reason to doubt them in gameweek 1. There could be gems outscoring them though.

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point is simply use the money available to build the best starting 11 possible and not waste it on bench players.

Arguably the worst team I've seen

Where is your team? Do you understand what first draft means? I was really just playing with numbers to see what I could get for the money at this stage. Chill.

Where is your team? Do you understand what first draft means? I was really just playing with numbers to see what I could get for the money at this stage. Chill.
:lol: sorry maybe a little harsh.
Fair few problems in your team but my biggest issue is midfield. Either Rice and Neves would be poor picks, but to have both is just awful judgement. They aren't the type of midfielders you get for FF, and they're not even 4.5m enablers/bench fodders. What's the rationale there?

:lol: sorry maybe a little harsh.
Fair few problems in your team but my biggest issue is midfield. Either Rice and Neves would be poor picks, but to have both is just awful judgement. They aren't the type of midfielders you get for FF, and they're not even 4.5m enablers/bench fodders. What's the rationale there?

Like I said, there is no rationale. I always just do a quick draft to see how many premium players I can squeeze into the team and where. This was like a 10 min exercise, just looking at names and prices. I probably won't amend again until end of July when players are in.

If I'd known it was going to generate so much crap, I wouldn't have bothered posting it.

So where is your team?

You posted your team. What do you want? Honest answer or "well done mate, great team, superb"? Or nothing? If you didn't want comments then why did you post it? I don't get it
Btw, your team/draft looks really bad for me too.

What is the feeling with Bailey. Will he be a starter?

5.0 million is a bit tempting, but I certainly would not trust him.

It is a potential trap since you need good bench cover for him and if he is not playing there is noone else to buy for 5 million that you want.