Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Had a play around with the threemium:

Raya
TAA, James, Tomiyasu, Trippier
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Kane

Subs: Steele, Andreas, Williams, Greenwood

They look decent to be fair...
Not sure I still think threemium is the best option...

My preferred team is:

Mendy

TAA, James, Perisic, Cancelo
Haaland, Jesus

With the threemium, I'm weakening 3 defensive positions just to get in Kane...

Mendy, Cancelo, Perisic & Jesus sounds much better than Raya, Tomiyasu, Trippier & Kane

Not sure I still think threemium is the best option...

My preferred team is:

Mendy

TAA, James, Perisic, Cancelo
Haaland, Jesus

With the threemium, I'm weakening 3 defensive positions just to get in Kane...

Mendy, Cancelo, Perisic & Jesus sounds much better than Raya, Tomiyasu, Trippier & Kane
I don't get the point of losing Kane and still having those two cheap jobbers in midfield. It's overall a downgrade.

I don't get the point of losing Kane and still having those two cheap jobbers in midfield. It's overall a downgrade.
It's not the midfield is the defense. Basically two jobber defenders and Raya have to come in to accommodate Kane.

In the draft without Kane, I can easily downgrade Cancelo to Trippier and upgrade Martinelli to 8.0

I just see more value in defense to be honest.

It's not the midfield is the defense. Basically two jobber defenders and Raya have to come in to accommodate Kane.

In the draft without Kane, I can easily downgrade Cancelo to Trippier and upgrade Martinelli to 8.0

I just see more value in defense to be honest.
I don't think any of those upgrades justify losing one of Kane/Son. There are 3-4 players in the league who are golden boot contenders and those are two of them.

I don't think any of those upgrades justify losing one of Kane/Son. There are 3-4 players in the league who are golden boot contenders and those are two of them.
Obviously this is not a science but if we predict points (looking at previous years etc), not sure if adds up:

Raya 110
Tomiyasu 100
Trippier 140
Kane 220
TOTAL 570

Mendy 140
Cancelo 180
Perisic 130?
Jesus 140
TOTAL 590

It would be similar, but obviously Kane as Captain would swing things... Although Jesus should get more than 140 as a regular starter...

I mean you could be right though mate... Just think that in a single week, Mendy and Cancelo clean sheets are likely and that would mean I need Kane to get 2 goals in that same week...

If I was planning to Captain him loads, would be worth it but I'm most likely gonna rotate Captain between Salad and Haaland.

If I was planning to Captain him loads, would be worth it but I'm most likely gonna rotate Captain between Salad and Haaland.
All fun and games till CL hits in GW4 and you're shitting your pants captaining a City player knowing Pep can bench anyone, while Kane and Son and sitting as absolutely nailed starters in every single game getting involved in like 80% of their team's goals.

@CassiusClaymore nailed it when it comes to Haaland being a captaincy option. People are imagining him being a new Aguero and heck, even a prime Aguero was a rotation risk and has burnt captainers a few times, let alone this new guy. Pin-pointing who's gonna get points for City is far harder than people right now are thinking. :lol:

The above for me makes Salah, Kane and Son easily more reliable assets.

All fun and games till CL hits in GW4 and you're shitting your pants captaining a City player knowing Pep can bench anyone, while Kane and Son and sitting as absolutely nailed starters in every single game getting involved in like 80% of their team's goals.

@CassiusClaymore nailed it when it comes to Haaland being a captaincy option. People are imagining him being a new Aguero and heck, even a prime Aguero was a rotation risk and has burnt captainers a few times, let alone this new guy. Pin-pointing who's gonna get points for City is far harder than people right now are thinking. :lol:

The above for me makes Salah, Kane and Son easily more reliable assets.
I plan to play early WC so the UCL stuff isn't worrying me.

I think the conversation is Haaland Vs Kane as opposed to weakening your whole team to have Kane if that makes sense...

I plan to play early WC so the UCL stuff isn't worrying me.

I think the conversation is Haaland Vs Kane as opposed to weakening your whole team to have Kane if that makes sense...
Salah and Kane are the first two picks in my team so yeah it's more about whether Haaland is worth weakening the rest of your team.

Regarding the early WC, we have 3 WCs this season so comparing season totals like you posted earlier also isn't relevant for a GW1 team which is set up for a 7-8 GW period at max. Am I going into Spurs playing Soton, Wolves Forest in first 4 games without both Kane and Son? Like feck I am. :lol:

Rumours that Haaland is already injured
Brilliant. His injury history is pretty dodgy as well.

On this topic, I was thinking as of now City basically have 4 players for front 3 if you exclude Alvarez and youngsters which are Haaland, Grealish, Foden and Mahrez. Literally all 4 of them have dodgy fitness issues so it could the most nailed you could get with a City mid who are 7-8m playing in attack. I think Foden would be a stable starter but if someone like Mahrez is nailed, something that has been a FPL pipe dream, that could be pretty amazing value.

Rumours that Haaland is already injured anyway which might make the whole thing moot as everyone will be on Kane if so.

Think I go Son this time. Got burned last year by Kane. It is quite close, but I rate Son slightly higher as a captain.

Toney and Jesus attack maybe?

Haaland injured is perfect though. Dislike that guy a lot. Dream would be him missing the full season and making City much weaker.
If Salah can just join him that would be ideal.

Think I go Son this time. Got burned last year by Kane. It is quite close, but I rate Son slightly higher as a captain.

Toney and Jesus attack maybe?

Haaland injured is perfect though. Dislike that guy a lot. Dream would be him missing the full season and making City much weaker.
If Salah can just join him that would be ideal.
That's the issue with going with Son over Kane (and then not being able to afford Haaland). You're left with Jesus and then an abundance of scrubs. Bit of a shame forwards are priced so highly as I can't imagine many will get picked outside of Jesus, Kane, and Haaland.

That's the issue with going with Son over Kane (and then not being able to afford Haaland). You're left with Jesus and then an abundance of scrubs. Bit of a shame forwards are priced so highly as I can't imagine many will get picked outside of Jesus, Kane, and Haaland.

Kane played deeper though and assisted Son a lot. It was a pain without Son last year for a few weeks.

The one thing with Kane is the pens, but he did not get many when I had him.

Last edited:
From what I've read, Mitro is a different beast in this Fulham team who are very aggressive in attack. Can see him, Toney, Solanke coming into the picture once they have good fixtures.

For GW1 there isn't much outside those 3 and Vardy. Tbf a Salah-Kane-Vardy threemium is super tasty.

Do we expect Dalot to be nailed? He is just 4.5.

Maybe not as attacking as Digne or Trippier, but could get more clean sheets if we improve.

Rumours that City and Barca have agreed a fee for Bernardo. Surely that makes Mahrez and automatic FPL pick? He has zero competition on that side.

They “can” but they don’t really. Pep prefers Foden on the left and KDB hasn’t played wide in a very long time.
Yeah I'm just finding reasons because this sounds too good to be true. :lol:

My original preference is to cover Liverpool with 2 def and Salah and have Mahrez as the 8m mid but not sure I can afford that without losing Haaland.

Just looked up Mahrez on thesaurus and it returned the word 'TRAP' :lol:

You guys are so thick... Pep will play Scott fecking Carson on the left to make sure Mahrez keeps being an FPL troll.

Yeah I'm just finding reasons because this sounds too good to be true. :lol:

My original preference is to cover Liverpool with 2 def and Salah and have Mahrez as the 8m mid but not sure I can afford that without losing Haaland.
I’ve managed it. Although it does mean I have Neto and Tomiyasu which I’m not too thrilled about

Raya (Gazzaniga)
TAA Robertson Cancelo Chilwell Tomiyasu
Salah Neto Mahrez Saka (Pereira)
Haaland (Greenwood Gayle)

Pretty certain it’s impossible to get better than this.

Martinez feels like the wrong signing for us.

We need bloody midfielders.

You guys think he plays in midfield and could be a good pick?

Rumours that City and Barca have agreed a fee for Bernardo. Surely that makes Mahrez and automatic FPL pick? He has zero competition on that side.
You would think so. It’s Pep. Don’t trust him at all. He ll play Walker there so he can play Cancelo on the right and Cucurella on the left, if they sign him.

He seems to be putting in some kind of effort again. He could easily hit over 10 goals if we don’t sign anyone

That is good and hopefully we challenge for the league this year if everyone improves and we sign the right players.

I do not dare to dream anymore so it will likely be Liverpool that benefits if Haaland is injured.

Martinez feels like the wrong signing for us.

We need bloody midfielders.

You guys think he plays in midfield and could be a good pick?
Even if he did, he wouldn’t be a good fantasy football pick. In the same way, Rodri isn’t (even though he’s a good player).

Good players and good FF assets don’t always correlate.

I think we might see him step up more which leaves Maguire further back … which is great, he has less yardage to run when he gets turned and tries to sprint back

Even if he did, he wouldn’t be a good fantasy football pick. In the same way, Rodri isn’t (even though he’s a good player).

Good players and good FF assets don’t always correlate.

I think we might see him step up more which leaves Maguire further back … which is great, he has less yardage to run when he gets turned and tries to sprint back

Rodri scored 7 goals. As a defender he would almost have as many points as Cancelo.

Anyway if we get De Jong we could be quite a defensive force hopefully.

Just hope we spent the money well and do not regret just going for players from Dutch league etc.

Rodri scored 7 goals. As a defender he would almost have as many points as Cancelo.

Anyway if we get De Jong we could be quite a defensive force hopefully.

Just hope we spent the money well and do not regret just going for players from Dutch league etc.
If Rodri was a defender, he wouldn’t be in those situations but…. he’s not. He’s a midfielder playing for a top and established team who dominate. And got 127 points. About the same as Gundogan who played nowhere near as many minutes.

I agree that if Martinez is set as a defender in Ff (which he should be though they class Salah as a MFer so who knows), he could be a bit of a hybrid but in OUR team, don’t see him getting far enough up the park to get the assists/goals. If set at say £5m, could be worth it on the basis we might have a better defensive record.. BUT that depends on whether the Chuckle Brother plays.

Shame he won’t be joining up the tour as would be good to see him get some minutes in v Palace or Villa.

If Rodri was a defender, he wouldn’t be in those situations but…. he’s not. He’s a midfielder playing for a top and established team who dominate. And got 127 points. About the same as Gundogan who played nowhere near as many minutes.

I agree that if Martinez is set as a defender in Ff (which he should be though they class Salah as a MFer so who knows), he could be a bit of a hybrid but in OUR team, don’t see him getting far enough up the park to get the assists/goals. If set at say £5m, could be worth it on the basis we might have a better defensive record.. BUT that depends on whether the Chuckle Brother plays.

Shame he won’t be joining up the tour as would be good to see him get some minutes in v Palace or Villa.

Yeah my point is if he is central defender and playing central midfield that would improve his attacking output, but still get the clean sheet points.

Yeah my point is if he is central defender and playing central midfield that would improve his attacking output, but still get the clean sheet points.
Yeah, sorry, thought I’d covered that…

”I agree that if Martinez is set as a defender in FF, he could be a bit of a hybrid but in OUR team, don’t see him getting far enough up the park to get the assists/goals.….

…..If set at say £5m, could be worth it on the basis we might have a better defensive record.. BUT that depends on whether the Chuckle Brother plays.”

Basically, I think he’d be the person who assists the assister more often than not, won’t have licence to go up as much as a Rodri can (because of teams) and still has to be careful to cover for HM. But go for it. #differential

Yeah, sorry, thought I’d covered that…

”I agree that if Martinez is set as a defender in FF, he could be a bit of a hybrid but in OUR team, don’t see him getting far enough up the park to get the assists/goals.….

…..If set at say £5m, could be worth it on the basis we might have a better defensive record.. BUT that depends on whether the Chuckle Brother plays.”

Basically, I think he’d be the person who assists the assister more often than not, won’t have licence to go up as much as a Rodri can (because of teams) and still has to be careful to cover for HM. But go for it. #differential

Yes just checked his stats and he had 1 goal last season only. So yeah not worth it for FPL. He does not seem to be good at scoring from set pieces sadly.