Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Any reason as to why there isn’t too many team drafts with KdB in? Is he playing a deeper role this season?

I think it’s just because people see Salah as essential and have gone for Haaland because of the potential hauls if he starts as he can.

de Bruyne is a great pick though. Off the back of his best ever goal scoring season and playing with a better striker in the team. I think he could be a fantastic diferencial.

This is what I’m thinking:

Gk: Sanchez, Henderson
Def: TAA, cancels, cucurella, dalot, tomayisu
Mid: son, diaz, martinelli, Andreas, neto
Att: haaland, Havertz, martial.

Wavering between havertz and jesus but I think havertz might have a better seaso. Obv martial is a gamble but I think he will start the season well at least

Every squad I see on Twitter at the moment has them so you're in good company.

I wouldn't mind but they always have to announce it like "this is the one" as if they've just discovered fire when in reality it's just the template.
One of them is fine, having both in as starters feels dodgy. Who'd you rather out of the two?!

Any reason as to why there isn’t too many team drafts with KdB in? Is he playing a deeper role this season?
I think it's because outside of Haaland, only Gabriel Jesus is tempting from the forward options. If you put KdB in, it's extremely difficult to have him, Haaland, Cancelo, and Salah without compromising too much.

Wavering between havertz and jesus but I think havertz might have a better seaso. Obv martial is a gamble but I think he will start the season well at least
That’s a definite no from me.

Good luck with that

Gk: Raya, Sanchez
Def: Walker, TAA, James, Perisic, N.Williams
MF: Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Rashy, Neto
FW: Haaland, Jesus, Gayle

or

Gk: Raya, Sanchez
Def: Cancelo, TAA, James, Perisic, N.Williams
MF: Son, Diaz, Martinelli, Rashy, Andreas
FW: Haaland, Jesus, Gayle

I actually think that is pretty good and has a nice bit of individuality to it. You have two Captain options, good defence with two nice rotating options for a good bench. It’s good.

I am just not convinced about Cucurella or Martials minutes. I think Laporte/James would score more than Cancelo/Cucurella and I would be tempted to go with one GK and downgrade Neto to get Martial up to Jesus/Mount/Foden/Maddison

You already have the one good sub at the back (although I would change Dalot if United sign someone)

*edit*. I actually thought about this and can see what you are doing now. One of Cucu/Cancelo is always going to play, and you might get both, and when you don’t, you have a good 4.5 to come on. That is actually clever. You could be disappointed though with lots of sub cameos blocking points.

Strong bench will only help if players don’t come on at all.

Last edited:
FPL players underestimate Kane this year. Or better to say; trust Haaland more. I don't. Kane will outscore Haaland this year. Maybe even Salah

Redcafe League 22/23 - Joining Code

It's auto-renewed so if you were in last year you should be in again automatically.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/titlli

League Code: titlli

Looking forward to playing against you this season! (not you Elvis).

@Samid can I get a threadmark?
Why it is called fake league? And how the hell you did auto renew? I was; wtf, how i am in this league again against all these pros? :lol:

FPL players underestimate Kane this year. Or better to say; trust Haaland more. I don't. Kane will outscore Haaland this year. Maybe even Salah

I agree. People are looking at point totals and forgetting where his head was for the first 15 games. He has goals/assists and penalties.

The content creators for the game say “don’t play with fear” and in the same video say “Salah is a must for gameweek 1”

But I don’t see how Salah away at Fulham is any more dangerous than Kane at home to Southampton.

Raya
Robertson Chilwell Cancelo Tomiyasu
Diaz Fernandes Martinelli Grealish
Haaland Kane

?

Why Laporte over Dias?

Also finding GK really difficult to choose. I've already got a City defender and Haaland, I'd quite like Foden as well. Edging towards Mendy/possibly Raya to finance Foden.
bigger goal threat, more minutes last season as I recall

What about 2 Liverpool defenders, Cancelo, Salah, Son and Haaland..

Sanchez
TAA, VVD, Cancelo, Trippier, Tomiyasu
Salah, Son, Martinelli, Perez
Haaland

Could downgrade TAA to Robertson and upgrade Perez to a 5.5m (Neto/Ramsey).

What about 2 Liverpool defenders, Cancelo, Salah, Son and Haaland..

Sanchez
TAA, VVD, Cancelo, Trippier, Tomiyasu
Salah, Son, Martinelli, Perez
Haaland

Could downgrade TAA to Robertson and upgrade Perez to a 5.5m (Neto/Ramsey).
Why don’t you downgrade VVd to james or Chilwell?

*edit*. I actually thought about this and can see what you are doing now. One of Cucu/Cancelo is always going to play, and you might get both, and when you don’t, you have a good 4.5 to come on. That is actually clever. You could be disappointed though with lots of sub cameos blocking points.

Won't Cucurella eat into Walker's minutes? Cancelo will move back to the right, Cucurella slides in on the left.

One of them is fine, having both in as starters feels dodgy. Who'd you rather out of the two?!

I think it's because outside of Haaland, only Gabriel Jesus is tempting from the forward options. If you put KdB in, it's extremely difficult to have him, Haaland, Cancelo, and Salah without compromising too much.

I think that depends entirely on pre season form and minutes. To be honest it all does with a lot of these team/squad filler picks. Look at Benrhama last season for example (who I ironically didn't have the balls to go for).

Won't Cucurella eat into Walker's minutes? Cancelo will move back to the right, Cucurella slides in on the left.

I think it would eat into all of them. The home bankers would probably be the games that he does Walker/Cucurella to get the extra width and give Cancelo a break. He played too many games last season. Cancelo has a World Cup too. I think that has definitely played into my mind with Robertson/Haaland, and probably should be with Salah too.

It’s obviously all speculation! Tsimakas is the best cover for Robertson, so he could easily lose minutes there too!

Last edited:
Feels like this season can be very hard. Covid, rotation, injuries and everyone is so bloody expensive so unlike last season it is harder to have a strong bench.

I will start with City players, but if they are benched I will be quick to sell them.

I think Jesus could be nailed though so quite like him.
Sancho as well.

Salah should be safe too and possibly Kane and Son.

I think it would eat into all of them. The home bankers would probably be the games that he does Walker/Cucurella to get the extra width and give Cancelo a break. He played too many games last season. Cancelo has a World Cup too. I think that has definitely played into my mind with Robertson/Haaland, and probably should be with Salah too.

It’s obviously all speculation! Tsimakas is the best cover for Robertson, so he could easily lose minutes there too!
Yikes, you're right. Definitely poses a risk as it gives them more options and Zinchenko was naff defensively so wasn't really much of a problem. Something to think about for sure.

If Cucurella joins I’m dropping Cancelo and getting either Laporte or Robertson.

Do people hate this?

Raya (Forster)
van Dijk - Laporte - Trippier - Cash (N.Williams)
Martinelli - Salah - Neto - De Bruyne (A.Pereira)
Jesus - Kane (Archer)

I feel like there's 5 bankers there that you don't need to change all season really, barring injury. Then Raya, Trippier, Cash, Martinelli, Neto, and Jesus (and the bench fodder) are all ready to be swapped out depending on form etc. I really dislike having Matty Cash in there from the jump but couldn't think of any decent options for the 5m price point. I'm spit balling here.

Do people hate this?

Raya (Forster)
van Dijk - Laporte - Trippier - Cash (N.Williams)
Martinelli - Salah - Neto - De Bruyne (A.Pereira)
Jesus - Kane (Archer)

I feel like there's 5 bankers there that you don't need to change all season really, barring injury. Then Raya, Trippier, Cash, Martinelli, Neto, and Jesus (and the bench fodder) are all ready to be swapped out depending on form etc. I really dislike having Matty Cash in there from the jump but couldn't think of any decent options for the 5m price point. I'm spit balling here.
Defense is too weak with none of the big hitters. Also Son > KDB.

I actually think that is pretty good and has a nice bit of individuality to it. You have two Captain options, good defence with two nice rotating options for a good bench. It’s good.

I am just not convinced about Cucurella or Martials minutes. I think Laporte/James would score more than Cancelo/Cucurella and I would be tempted to go with one GK and downgrade Neto to get Martial up to Jesus/Mount/Foden/Maddison

You already have the one good sub at the back (although I would change Dalot if United sign someone)

Thanks for the thoughtful reply! Also not sure about martials minutes but we shall see

shite

Had a play around with the threemium:

Raya
TAA, James, Tomiyasu Castagne
Salah, Son, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Steele, Andreas, Williams, Greenwood

Or

Raya
TAA, James, Tomiyasu, Trippier
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Kane

They look decent to be fair...

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

Or

Raya
Haaland, Kane

Team 1 is weaker but thats the preferred template if you want to make transfers. With option 2 even though its stronger its harder to switch to 8.0 mid in one transfer.

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

Or

Raya
Haaland, Kane

All aboard the threemium train choo choo.

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

Or

Raya
Haaland, Kane

no 2 imo. Think Diaz could reach 200 pts. Him and Saka are decent value for money at 8.0

I do like the idea of Haaland and Kane up front.

Not sure about Diaz tbh, is he a nailed starter after the departure of Mane ?

I do like the idea of Haaland and Kane up front.

Not sure about Diaz tbh, is he a nailed starter after the departure of Mane ?
Mane leaving is good for him but there aren't many players that will constantly play 90 minutes every game. Especially with it being a World Cup year.

Think you just go for the best team and hope your players get enough points (and have at least one playing bench option).

Raya
Haaland, Jesus

Or

Raya
Haaland, Kane