Fantasy Premier League 22/23

No City defence feels brave. They have the best defence in the league and also have a really nice set of opening fixtures. That aside, I do like the look of this. Successfully dodges the precarious Neto/Martinelli situation.

Yeah, I wondered about that bit too. I could always change one of the Chelsea boys depending how they are setting up in pre-season to Laporte just to get their representation in. But the upside to a fit Chilwell/James as wingbacks just feels like it has a higher ceiling.

I also feel like Robertson is a gem and a better pick than Cancelo. If Cucurella comes in, that situation becomes a headache and Walker’s attacking contributions are too low to consider him, even if it wasn’t for rotation. I would probably just go for a 4.5 with good fixtures over Walker.

Could also downgrade Sancho to Rashford and go with Ederson in goal, but Sancho looked scary good in the clips I saw of the Liverpool game. I’m starting to fancy him as my punt.

Cancelo plus any 6.5 mid Vs Laporte and Sancho?

Laporte if Cucurella arrives, for me. He was City’s best defender last season and offers a bit of a goal threat too.

If United sign Antony, it would kill Rashford as an option for me.

So I think it will all depend on Cucurella/Antony.

Laporte if Cucurella arrives, for me. He was City’s best defender last season and offers a bit of a goal threat too.

If United sign Antony, it would kill Rashford as an option for me.

So I think it will all depend on Cucurella/Antony.
Why would you wait for Cucurella to arrive to get Laporte? Confused by that.

It feels risky not having Cancelo when he's now got Haaland to aim for. I get the Robertson thing, but he's lost Mane while Cancelo has gained Haaland.

It feels risky not having Cancelo when he's now got Haaland to aim for. I get the Robertson thing, but he's lost Mane while Cancelo has gained Haaland.
Robertson gained Nunez who is a big threat

What do we feel about Covid? Lot's infected in womens euros.

Improve bench or just hope you are super lucky and avoid it?

I think games will likely not be moved though and hope players just play even if infected.

Think going with one keeper is so risky and I know with my lack of luck that guy will get Covid again, but I will wildcard early so having two do not really reward you too much most likely.

Robertson gained Nunez who is a big threat
It's fair to say Nunez is a much bigger unknown than Haaland, and obviously a stepdown from Mane whereas Haaland is a huge step up from Jesus. Also, Trent is already there. Doubling up on Liverpool to forgo any City defensive coverage is the crux of the issue. Not worth it as a punt and to me it's a no brainer, but it could of course work out really well.

Because Cucurella would potentially mean less minutes for Cancelo. You could easily see him starting some easier games with Walker/Cucurella. Pep is a long time admirer so at the very least it could mean less minutes at his most influential position, but it could mean less minutes overall too.

In regards to Robertson, he was the highest scoring defender in the game from January when he was playing most games with Diaz.

Last edited:
Should I go for a 8.0 midfielder so it’s easier to switch to someone like Madison or Diaz or keep an 8.0 striker in Jesus and get a 7.0 midfielder?

Or keep Jesus and downgrade Ederson down to Raya to upgrade Coutinho to either Madison or Diaz?

Ederson

TAA - Tomiyasu - Chilwell - Cancelo

Salah - Coutinho - Rashford - Guimareas

Haaland - Jesus

Should I go for a 8.0 midfielder so it’s easier to switch to someone like Madison or Diaz or keep an 8.0 striker in Jesus and get a 7.0 midfielder?

Or keep Jesus and downgrade Ederson down to Raya to upgrade Coutinho to either Madison or Diaz?

Ederson

TAA - Tomiyasu - Chilwell - Cancelo

Salah - Coutinho - Rashford - Guimareas

Haaland - Jesus

I honestly think the 4.5 mil Gks will be ok if you catch the fixtures. Raya only plays United and Arsenal out of last seasons top 6 in his first 10 games (and both are at home) and you will have wildcarded by then.

Coutinho went on a run of about 12 blanks last season. He will frustrate you more often than not. Someone like Mount/Diaz/Maddison will easily outscore him.

Man I really like Sterling. Think he's gonna be a revelation. Then again, really want Kane or Son too. And Haaland...

I'm currently on...

Raya

Trent Robbo Dias James
Martinelli Salah Kulu Bruno G
Haaland Callum Wilson

Neco, Pereira, Delap on the bench. I'm playing 4 at the back just cos i really like Neco as a cheap enabler. Best in the game imo

Have one eye on upgrading Bruno G/Martin to Rashford
Kulu is there to cover Son/Kane (lol).

Also like Trippier...

Robertson:

21/22 - 186
20/21 - 161
19/20 - 181
18/19 - 213

Van Dijk:

21/22 - 183
20/21 - 15
19/20 - 178
18/19 - 208

If we ignore 20/21 (where VVD was out injured, Robertson had his worst season and Liverpool were atypically bad) Robertson averages just 3.7 points per season more than VVD. The difference between their best seasons is 5 points, the difference between their worst is 3 points.

Hardly justifies the extra 0.5m, does it?

Playing around and I'm very tempted to take a bit of a punt on Sterling.

Even if he doesn't work out he gives a lot of flexibility, i.e. you can quickly change to the bandwagon 8.0 midfielder without needing to move too quickly when they go to 8.1 on a Saturday night, also allowing you to do a nice upgrade somewhere else too.

I don't think I'll start with Neto (or lets face it, this team) but I kind of like this atm:

WkS9Seb.png

A 5.0 Man City defender instead of James/Chilwell would also give more funds, which would be tempting to not rely too much on an unpredictable Chelsea.

Robertson:

21/22 - 186
20/21 - 161
19/20 - 181
18/19 - 213

Van Dijk:

21/22 - 183
20/21 - 15
19/20 - 178
18/19 - 208

If we ignore 20/21 (where VVD was out injured, Robertson had his worst season and Liverpool were atypically bad) Robertson averages just 3.7 points per season more than VVD. The difference between their best seasons is 5 points, the difference between their worst is 3 points.

Hardly justifies the extra 0.5m, does it?
Van Dijk play more games. I think he is still a decent alternative if you are looking for .5

What do we feel about Covid? Lot's infected in womens euros.

Improve bench or just hope you are super lucky and avoid it?

I think games will likely not be moved though and hope players just play even if infected.

Think going with one keeper is so risky and I know with my lack of luck that guy will get Covid again, but I will wildcard early so having two do not really reward you too much most likely.

They can't be postponing games with a world cup in the middle of the season and they need to be quite clear about that before it starts. Not like the shit show of last season where it looked like some clubs were blatantly taking advantage of the situation.

A) Ederson, Cancelo, Luis Diaz
vs.
B) Raya, Ruben Dias, Sterling

What do people reckon? Sterling will surely get more minutes than Diaz, but he's going into a new side and feck knows how he'll handle the transition out of Pep's City.

A) Ederson, Cancelo, Luis Diaz
vs.
B) Raya, Ruben Dias, Sterling

What do people reckon? Sterling will surely get more minutes than Diaz, but he's going into a new side and feck knows how he'll handle the transition out of Pep's City.
First one looks better on paper.

Just for the fun of it: 4 premiums
Alisson
White-walker-williams-perisic
Son-KdB-Salah-Neto-Andreas
Haaland

Yeah, I wondered about that bit too. I could always change one of the Chelsea boys depending how they are setting up in pre-season to Laporte just to get their representation in. But the upside to a fit Chilwell/James as wingbacks just feels like it has a higher ceiling.

I also feel like Robertson is a gem and a better pick than Cancelo. If Cucurella comes in, that situation becomes a headache and Walker’s attacking contributions are too low to consider him, even if it wasn’t for rotation. I would probably just go for a 4.5 with good fixtures over Walker.

Could also downgrade Sancho to Rashford and go with Ederson in goal, but Sancho looked scary good in the clips I saw of the Liverpool game. I’m starting to fancy him as my punt.

Heard talk from Fplmate about Chelsea might consider switching to 4-4-2 so keep an eye on that. Personally cant see myself spending 6 m on Chilwell who’s been out for a year. Laporte better value imo. I’d pick Laporte over Cancelo too if held at gunpoint (thinking points vs value here)

I am stuck on gks. Two years ago best gks were from teams outside top6. Last year best 3 were Alli, Ederson and Lloris. What season will be this?
Allison looks a bargain for 5.5. Mendy looks good for 5.
But Raya is only 4.5 which is tempting

I honestly think the 4.5 mil Gks will be ok if you catch the fixtures. Raya only plays United and Arsenal out of last seasons top 6 in his first 10 games (and both are at home) and you will have wildcarded by then.

Coutinho went on a run of about 12 blanks last season. He will frustrate you more often than not. Someone like Mount/Diaz/Maddison will easily outscore him.
Thanks mate. Changed it to:

Raya
TAA - Chilwell - Tomiyasu - Cancelo
Salah - Maddison - Rashford - Guimaraes
Haaland - Jesus

This gives me more flexibility. I have a player in every price point in every position so switching to another player can be done in one move rather than two or three.

My team is currently named Pending Moderation because I called them Erik Ten Shag. They won't even let me change it now until they make a decision :lol:

Heard talk from Fplmate about Chelsea might consider switching to 4-4-2 so keep an eye on that. Personally cant see myself spending 6 m on Chilwell who’s been out for a year. Laporte better value imo. I’d pick Laporte over Cancelo too if held at gunpoint (thinking points vs value here)
Why Laporte over Dias?

I am stuck on gks. Two years ago best gks were from teams outside top6. Last year best 3 were Alli, Ederson and Lloris. What season will be this?
Also finding GK really difficult to choose. I've already got a City defender and Haaland, I'd quite like Foden as well. Edging towards Mendy/possibly Raya to finance Foden.

Jose Sa will be my goalkeeper 100% unless he is injured before season starts.

Yeah, I will definitely be watching what Chelsea do. As you say, it’s an easy change over to Laporte. I just feel like, if Chilwell plays anything like he did pre-injury, his ceiling is massive. There could be big goal contributions there if they stay as wing backs. I agree that Laporte would be a safer pick though

Thanks mate. Changed it to:

Raya
TAA - Chilwell - Tomiyasu - Cancelo
Salah - Maddison - Rashford - Guimaraes
Haaland - Jesus

This gives me more flexibility. I have a player in every price point in every position so switching to another player can be done in one move rather than two or three.

I think that looks good. No Spurs at all could be a concern, but then we can’t have 15 starters!

My team is currently named Pending Moderation because I called them Erik Ten Shag. They won't even let me change it now until they make a decision :lol:

:lol: It’s someone’s job to go through all these names and decide where the line is! You might end up needing a new account to play now!

Any thoughts on having both Martinelli and Rashford in your team? I am not convinced that both will be regular starters.

Any thoughts on having both Martinelli and Rashford in your team? I am not convinced that both will be regular starters.
If we sign a forward, Rashford is obviously to be avoided in FF. If we don't, he's a very good option. I've got Neto and Martinelli at the moment and I'm adamant that needs to change. I want Foden but there's a risk with him an' all...

I still think the premium defenders will be the way to go. Stack them and play 5 at the back and captain salah or Kane and you won’t go too far wrong. Midfielders are all a rotation gamble bar Bruno KDB Son Salah and Saka?

For the 6.5 midfielders I think the best are JWP and ASM. Both nailed bar injury. Both can score and assist and are the star creative men. Odegaard should also start more often than not. Rashford is the obvious gamble in that price range. Pereira for 4.5 looks a pretty sweet bench option too.

Last edited:

Mine is called Holding my Longstaff, and I was curious to see whether that's something they might try to 'moderate'

Surely Martinelli has that LW spot though for most of the time. I'm not expecting him to play every minute but he's too good of a player to be out of the team as well.

When I have Salah, Son, Haaland and TAA with Cancelo there's gotta be some sacrifices. I think Martinelli is worth it.

If we sign a forward, Rashford is obviously to be avoided in FF. If we don't, he's a very good option. I've got Neto and Martinelli at the moment and I'm adamant that needs to change. I want Foden but there's a risk with him an' all...

Every squad I see on Twitter at the moment has them so you're in good company.

I wouldn't mind but they always have to announce it like "this is the one" as if they've just discovered fire when in reality it's just the template.

I still think the premium defenders will be the way to go. Stack them and play 5 at the back and captain salah or Kane and you won’t go too far wrong. Midfielders are all a rotation gamble bar Bruno KDB Son Salah and Saka?

For the 6.5 midfielders I think the best are JWP and ASM. Both nailed bar injury. Both can score and assist and are the star creative men. Odegaard should also start more often than not. Rashford is the obvious gamble in that price range. Pereira for 4.5 looks a pretty sweet bench option too.

I think this one, in particular, is a good shout. With Covid issues behind him, and surrounded by better players, he could be a quality pick.

Probably need a bench option for week 3 and 5 though, but I think he could be great at that price.

Every squad I see on Twitter at the moment has them so you're in good company.

I wouldn't mind but they always have to announce it like "this is the one" as if they've just discovered fire when in reality it's just the template.

:lol: Seen this so many times over the last few days too, sometimes even with a build up to the reveal!