Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sancho playing well, but our fixtures aren't good enough I think to go for him.

Elanga will probably win the spot over Rashford with time.
Yeah, far far early to say of course but Rashford is not looking as bargain for 6.5.
Sancho on the other hand ...i am bought. Already messing with my team to make room for Sancho

Last edited:
You have more confidence in Neto than 99% of FPL players? This is going to age hilariously

Neto is quite popular so people agree with me that he is good for that cost.

There is a risk he do not start, but if he is a starter then I think he is 6.5 million worthy. Trossard is same level pretty much and Ward Prowse is not better than Neto for me.

If he was 6.5 I would probably pick him if he was starting for sure.

Anything could happen though. Elanga could outscore Salah and make Salah not worth it, but right now Salah is worth 13 million although at that cost he is not obvious.

Last edited:
Not when they had Aguero though…

When Aguero was fit and firing he was a Fantasy Footy legend.

Also if Haaland bangs his price will soar immediately and likely make it even more difficult to get him in.

Well you've hit the nail on the head. City haven't had that attacker who gobbles up all their points since Aguero. We're all waiting around to see if Haaland is going to step into that role.

As for banging and his price soaring you can say that about anyone. At present Haaland is massively owned. Kane is on like 10%, so it'd be him that rockets if he bangs against Southampton in GW1.

Second draft:
Mendy 4.0
TAA Robertson James Perisic 4.0
Saka Diaz Sancho Neto Pereira
Kane Haaland 4.5

Not too sure with my bench option.

Second draft:
Mendy 4.0
TAA Robertson James Perisic 4.0
Saka Diaz Sancho Neto Pereira
Kane Haaland 4.5

Not too sure with my bench option.

Good team, but I would worry about gameweek 1 captain.

Sancho captain maybe the one that would give me most confidence from those.

Neto is popular because of that hive mind that often inflicts reddit/twitter etc... which is why I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible this season.

According to Twitter this is Neto and Martinelli...

sddefault.jpg

Neto is popular because of that hive mind that often inflicts reddit/twitter etc... which is why I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible this season.

sddefault.jpg

I think many go big at the back and need a cheap midfielder. Wolves have the best early fixtures for players under 6 million.

I might go Podence instead depending on pre season or maybe even Hwang although less likely.

Liked the look of Luis Diaz in that first half. I have to downgrade Ederson to Raya to afford Diaz or another 8.0 midfielder. Worth it?

Liked the look of Luis Diaz in that first half. I have to downgrade Ederson to Raya to afford Diaz or another 8.0 midfielder. Worth it?

Might be yeah. Diaz will get a lot of game time this season you'd think with Mane gone.

on another note...

*slides Martial into his draft for the first time :nervous:

Absolutely, in my opinion. You can definitely ride the 4.5 keepers between wild card - World Cup - wild card and get their good fixtures the whole way through.

There is no need for a set and forget keeper the way it’s set up this year, and if you choose the right 4.5 each time, you can definitely make up a lot of the difference.

Might be yeah. Diaz will get a lot of game time this season you'd think with Mane gone.

on another note...

*slides Martial into his draft for the first time :nervous:

If Ronaldo goes there's value in one of Rashy or Martial you'd think. But if he stays you wonder how much Martial will feature, bar bench cameos.

I was working and didn’t get to see the game? How was Rashford? What are initial thoughts based on the game?

Would people opt for Ederson and Luis Diaz or Alisson and Foden? I've got Trent and Salah from Liverpool, and Haaland and Cancelo from City.

I was working and didn’t get to see the game? How was Rashford? What are initial thoughts based on the game?

Honestly I thought it was the most interested/intense he’s looked in a Utd shirt in a very long time. It’s just if we sign anyone else for the wings it’s looking like Sancho will play more often than not and Martial is better up front than Rashford. Who knows. If he’s good in the next few games and we can’t get Antony maybe we won’t sign anyone and then at 6.5 I think he’s outstanding value.

Im seeing this Undav fella around a lot.

Is he Brightons new striker? If so hes probably worth a punt for the Potter factor

Honestly I thought it was the most interested/intense he’s looked in a Utd shirt in a very long time. It’s just if we sign anyone else for the wings it’s looking like Sancho will play more often than not and Martial is better up front than Rashford. Who knows. If he’s good in the next few games and we can’t get Antony maybe we won’t sign anyone and then at 6.5 I think he’s outstanding value.

Yeah, he is key to how I want to go at that price 170+ hauls for the two seasons prior to his slump and worth 9 million.

This will be the best (at the time of taking charge of United) coach he has played under. If there is still a player in there, 6.5 could be a ridiculous price.

As you say, Antony transfer is probably key.

my first draft, thoughts? I’m thinking either 442 or 352

72-A9-F789-47-F8-42-C8-A142-EAE2-D43-FE232.jpg

Too many CBs I think!

I would take that million off Muniz, since you have cover with Andreas anyway and upgrade Botman to Trippier and Dier to Perisic, with set pieces and how advanced Peri should be, it would bring better returns!

I would get rid of Palace assets at the start too, as they have Arsenal, Liverpool and City in their first 4 games. Maybe return to them after the wildcard.

Too many CBs I think!

I would take that million off Muniz, since you have cover with Andreas anyway and upgrade Botman to Trippier and Dier to Perisic, with set pieces and how advanced Peri should be, it would bring better returns!

I would get rid of Palace assets at the start too, as they have Arsenal, Liverpool and City in their first 4 games. Maybe return to them after the wildcard.

Ahh yes, true! Thanks

sddefault.jpg
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. You killed me with this.

And i have both:wenger:

Draft that I currently like most:

Raya

TAA
Perisic
James
Dalot

Salah
Martinelli
Rashford

Darwin
Haaland
Jesus

With neto, williams, andreas among bench.

I can bump neto down to fodder and get an extra 1m to upgrade Martinelli to Grealish?

Have a feeling with Sterling and Jesus gone, it will be time for Grealish or Foden to rack up some assists for Haaland..

Draft that I currently like most:

Raya

TAA
Perisic
James
Dalot

Salah
Martinelli
Rashford

Darwin
Haaland
Jesus

With neto, williams, andreas among bench.

I can bump neto down to fodder and get an extra 1m to upgrade Martinelli to Grealish?

Have a feeling with Sterling and Jesus gone, it will be time for Grealish or Foden to rack up some assists for Haaland..

No City defence cover…

Nunez…

No City defence cover…

Nunez…
Yeah, I could move an extra 1m(downgrade Neto to 4.5m midfielder) and upgrade say Dalot.

I do want to move away from a template a bit though. Nunez may be technically raw but his movement is great, his finishing is great and hel feed off so much service from trent /Robertson etc.

I am OK to punt on him as I feel everywhere else are safe bets.

Yeah, I could move an extra 1m(downgrade Neto to 4.5m midfielder) and upgrade say Dalot.

I do want to move away from a template a bit though. Nunez may be technically raw but his movement is great, his finishing is great and hel feed off so much service from trent /Robertson etc.

I am OK to punt on him as I feel everywhere else are safe bets.

Martinelli…

Rashford…

Even Perisic…

These are all punts regarding minutes mate. Not saying they’re not good picks, but they’re all at least somewhat punty.

Martinelli…

Rashford…

Even Perisic…

These are all punts regarding minutes mate. Not saying they’re not good picks, but they’re all at least somewhat punty.
Perisic is going to be in most teams no? I see your point on the other two

Martinelli…

Rashford…

Even Perisic…

:lol: look what you've done to me

My next draft is this. Bit too template-y but it certainly is more balanced(?) :

Mendy

TAA
Perisic
James
Walker

Salah
Grealish
Rashford
Diaz

Haaland
Jesus

If Cucurella joins then he can replace Walker potentially. Also can lower Mendy to Sanchez and upgrade a defender, or, move Rashford to Sancho.

Maybe keeping 0.5m in the bank and downgrading Mendy is a safe move. But otherwise I think this team works.

The thing I don't like about Neto is that there aren't a lot of places to go if he doesn't do well.

You'll either have to downgrade a different player to free up funds or move across to one of the other limited options for 5.5m or lower. And because he's currently owned by a silly 22% of the game there will likely be pressure on you to move quickly. Because if he drops even once in price, you're down to the 5.0mids initially.

I'd prefer to have a 6/6.5mid as my cheapest playing mid and buy more options to hop onto with 1ft early doors.

:lol: look what you've done to me

My next draft is this. Bit too template-y but it certainly is more balanced(?) :

Mendy

TAA
Perisic
James
Walker

Salah
Grealish
Rashford
Diaz

Haaland
Jesus

If Cucurella joins then he can replace Walker potentially. Also can lower Mendy to Sanchez and upgrade a defender, or, move Rashford to Sancho.

Maybe keeping 0.5m in the bank and downgrading Mendy is a safe move. But otherwise I think this team works.

I think that looks nice mate.

I really think one of Kane/Son is a must.

And forego City’s attack…? Or Salah?

The thing I don't like about Neto is that there aren't a lot of places to go if he doesn't do well.

You'll either have to downgrade a different player to free up funds or move across to one of the other limited options for 5.5m or lower. And because he's currently owned by a silly 22% of the game there will likely be pressure on you to move quickly. Because if he drops even once in price, you're down to the 5.0mids initially.

I'd prefer to have a 6/6.5mid as my cheapest playing mid and buy more options to hop onto with 1ft early doors.
There just aren't that many attractive options at 6/6.5, aside from Martinelli. For a player that'll play every game and is Wolves best forward (or could easily prove to be), Neto at 5.5 is hard to ignore. A strong defence is a must this year and Haaland/Kane and Jesus feel like very good options up top. It doesn't leave much for midfield.

What do people make of this team? First time draft in years. Also seen lots of people having Perisic in their team? Why is that?

What do people make of this team? First time draft in years. Also seen lots of people having Perisic in their team? Why is that?

Way too much money on the bench for me. Rather than choosing between Henderson/Sanchez, Guehi/Mings and Toney/Edouard every week I'd rather upgrade one or two of those to more solid starters to play week-in, week-out. With the extra wildcard this year I don't think you need such a deep bench.

Also 2 Palace players is 2 too many for GW1 (their fixtures are awful).

What do people think of this draft, if you decide to go No Salah…

Raya

TAA
James
Trippier
Chilwell
Robertson

Sancho
Diaz

Haaland
Kane
Jesus

I like the look of it to be honest. Obviously these things never work out like we plan, but I see a team with seven players that have a shot at getting 200 points if they stay fit.

The other three outfield players , Trippier, Sancho and Jesus, will all have much better seasons than last year and could potentially smash it too. Perisic/Grealish is also a consideration.

The added benefit if you could possibly have 3 starting subs by the start of the season if we see a few more transfers.

Kane/Haaland captaincy rotates nicely and Liverpool are covered.

What do people think of this draft, if you decide to go No Salah…

Raya

TAA
James
Trippier
Chilwell
Robertson

Sancho
Diaz

Haaland
Kane
Jesus

I like the look of it to be honest. Obviously these things never work out like we plan, but I see a team with seven players that have a shot at getting 200 points if they stay fit.

The other three outfield players , Trippier, Sancho and Jesus, will all have much better seasons than last year and could potentially smash it too. Perisic/Grealish is also a consideration.

The added benefit if you could possibly have 3 starting subs by the start of the season if we see a few more transfers.

Kane/Haaland captaincy rotates nicely and Liverpool are covered.
No City defence feels brave. They have the best defence in the league and also have a really nice set of opening fixtures. That aside, I do like the look of this. Successfully dodges the precarious Neto/Martinelli situation.

Cancelo plus any 6.5 mid Vs Laporte and Sancho?
Odegaard, Rashford or Ward-Prowse? I feel like Rashford and Odegaard have more probability of higher points because they are more attacking players so more chance of goals/assists.