Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I had no idea how you managed this until I realised you didn’t plop down your subs.

I was scarred going for the shit-bench tactic a few years back when two/three main players surprisingly didn’t play and no one came on for them. I don’t think I can do that again.
Absolute base price bench is fine this season especially as you can find playing options.

30- 40% difference between ownership Taa vs Robertson and James vs Chilwell. That is strange.
Diaz & Alisson have a combined ownership of 50% is the main reason for Robertson’s low ownership had TAA been 1m more expensive that may have gave people something to think about.

Current draft:

Rea
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Sancho, Neto
Mitrovic, Haaland

Subs: Steele, Tomiyasu, Andreas, Greenwood

How do I replace Mitro with Jesus????

Current draft:

Rea
Mitrovic, Haaland

Replace Sancho with a cheap MF like Bruno G or Martinelli you have a playing defender on the bench anyway

Current draft:

Rea
Mitrovic, Haaland

Super easy. Downgrade Sancho to Bruno or Martinelli or someone

Current draft:

Rea
Mitrovic, Haaland

Yeah it's got to be Sancho. If not then look at the cheaper alternatives in your defence to free up the funds e.g Robertson>Trent, Doherty>Perisic, Laporte>Cancelo...

Replace Sancho with a cheap MF like Bruno G or Martinelli you have a playing defender on the bench anyway
Super easy. Downgrade Sancho to Bruno or Martinelli or someone
Yeah it's got to be Sancho. If not then look at the cheaper alternatives in your defence to free up the funds e.g Robertson>Trent, Doherty>Perisic, Laporte>Cancelo...
Cheers lads. My thought was Sancho to Martinelli as well. Only issue is I'll have Arse triple up (with two starters in my team) and he isn't guaranteed minutes...

Sancho is a placeholder for Rafinha.

Dunno, is Jesus a trap?

Pretty happy with this first attempt

Sanchez
TAA Cancelo Chilwell James Robertson
Diaz Martinelli Foden Mount
Haaland

Raya, Dewsbury-Hall, Undav, Mateta

Thoughts anyone?
I mean that's the kind of team you expect without Salah or Son but you better think ahead and look at the first 5-6 games and pinpoint who you will Captain as you own only 1 of the 3 most probable captains who will have the highest EO.

For example, week 1, most people will Captain Salah against Fulham...

You confident Diaz will do the business?

Sanchez
Haaland

Thoughts anyone?

I think you have a captaincy issue there.

Like, who do you captain GW1? Haaland? Even though it's vs West Ham? I think he's likely to play KdB minutes but not 100% guaranteed.

I'd be worried captaining all of Diaz, Foden and Mount. The three of them are great value but all of them have worries about playing 90 minutes every week. I'll be looking to have one or two of them, but I want two secure captaincy options (e.g. Salah/Kane).

Sanchez
Haaland

Thoughts anyone?
Too much money on the bench, could downgrade Raya, DH & Meteta which would give you the money to upgrade Martinelli to Kulu or Maddison.

De Gea and United defenders what is the feeling?

Quite tempted to start De Gea as there is no keeper that convince me that much.

The only keeper I think will get many clean sheets, saves and bonus are Allison and Lloris, but TAA/Robertson,Perisic feels much more tempting.

De Gea and United defenders what is the feeling?

Quite tempted to start De Gea as there is no keeper that convince me that much.

The only keeper I think will get many clean sheets, saves and bonus are Allison and Lloris, but TAA/Robertson,Perisic feels much more tempting.
If Malacia is nailed and looks good, might be worth getting at 4.5. But with a tricky first 9, I think we can afford to wait to see how we perform defensively before getting United players, we have good fixtures from GW 22 onwards.

If Malacia is nailed and looks good, might be worth getting at 4.5. But with a tricky first 9, I think we can afford to wait to see how we perform defensively before getting United players, we have good fixtures from GW 22 onwards.

Dont think he can be nailed early on as Shaw still has a star somehow. Maybe later on if Shaw is still performing badly

Current draft:

Rea
Mitrovic, Haaland

Go from Sancho to Bruno G, Mitrovic to Jesus then that is the template XI

I was pretty much set on 541 but then I had another look and I'm not happy with two 4.5m strikers who aren't going to play on the bench..

So another draft attempt.

Sanchez
TAA James Cancelo Trippier
Salah Martinelli Son
Undav Edouard Haaland

Bench: Andreas, N.Williams, Da Silva

Or take out Salah...

Sanchez
Dias Guimaraes Son
Jota Edoaurd Haaland

1m left...

I was pretty much set on 541 but then I had another look and I'm not happy with two 4.5m strikers who aren't going to play on the bench..

So another draft attempt.

Sanchez
Salah Martinelli Son
Undav Edouard Haaland

Or take out Salah...

Sanchez
Dias Guimaraes Son
Jota Edoaurd Haaland

1m left...

I wouldn't worry too much about the bench if you have a good XI. Almost everyone will Wildcard before GW10, so there is unlikely to be too much rotation from CL teams, and even if there is, the likes of Jota and Foden will 90% of be subbed on (especially with 5 subs) meaning your bench player doesn't even get on. You have your weekly transfer for injuries etc... If you have a 4.5 playing midfielder (e.g. Andreas) I personally think that is fine for the start of the season.

Even if the worst does happen and you need to call on your second sub, is Neco Williams really going to be the difference in rank?

On the teams, I'm not a fan of the strikers you added personally. Things could change but I feel Jota is too much of a minutes risk for the price, there is a solid chance of him not starting games and getting 10-30 minutes (and when he does start, he is unlikely to finish) if we assume things won't change too much from last season. You need to start Edouard against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal in the first 5, also not guaranteed a start.

What are people’s thoughts on these two players?

Zaha

Was on par with the 8 million players last season in an improving Palace side. Surely the best value at that tier? He seems to be the only one who didn’t go up in price with the amount of points he got.

Bruno

Surely, if we go back to being a half decent side, he has the potential to be a premium at 10 million? At his peak, he was scoring more points than anyone, and he continued to create chances right up until Solskjaer left. He was still leading that metric in February.

I haven’t seen either in anyones team so far, but I think Zaha could be a way better choice than Coutinho or even a rotated Foden and Bruno is a potential 12 million pound player at 10.

What are people’s thoughts on two players?

Zaha

Was on par with the 8 million players last season in an improving Palace side. Surely a better shoot than many? He seems to be the only one who didn’t go up in price at that value.

Bruno

Surely, if we go back to being a half decent side, he has the potential to be a premium at 10 million? At his peak, he was scoring more points than anyone, and he continued to create chances right up until Solskjaer left. He was still leading that metric in March.

I haven’t seen either in anyones team so far, but I think Zaha could be a way better choice than Coutinho or even a rotated Foden and Bruno is a potential 12 million pound player at 10.
Palace have a tough opening few weeks. Wouldn’t touch any of their players. We have an easier schedule but still wouldn’t touch any of our players as well on account of them being shite.

First 5 is decent enough I think. It is the Pool game and I hope we perform much better in that one.

Mendy and Lloris got one hard game as well.

No budget keeper got a good early run sadly this year.

Rotating keepers probably ideal tactic, but there is a lack of budget picks to justify that strategy fully and no ideal 4.5 pair either.

First 5 is decent enough I think. It is the Pool game and I hope we perform much better in that one.

Mendy and Lloris got one hard game as well.

No budget keeper got a good early run sadly this year.

Rotating keepers probably ideal tactic, but there is a lack of budget picks to justify that strategy fully and no ideal 4.5 pair either.
Rather than getting one 4.5 and one 5.0 keeper or two 4.5 keepers and spending 9.0, I would rather get Alison or Edison and a 4.0 totaling 9.5. While this is a spend of an extra 0.5 more, I save myself the hassle of rotation with keepers for the entire season.

Rather than getting one 4.5 and one 5.0 keeper or two 4.5 keepers and spending 9.0, I would rather get Alison or Edison and a 4.0 totaling 9.5. While this is a spend of an extra 0.5 more, I save myself the hassle of rotation with keepers for the entire season.

Well I rather have defenders from those teams, but do you think Ederson is worth it over Cancelo and spending that money on another position?

Edersons lack of saves makes him totally dependent on clean sheets though so Cancelo should easily outscore him unless Pep rotates.

Allison gets saves and bonus so covers Pool defenders better I say, but I still rather get the added assist potential.

Jesus and Rash. Would prefer Jesus to Saka at 8.0. And definitely Rash to Mitrovic since Fulham have some tough opening fixtures.
Yeah that's where my head is at.

Raya
Salah, Diaz, Rashford, Neto
Jesus, Haaland

Subs: Steele, Andreas, Williams, Greenwood

Gives me a bit of flexibility across the squad and realistically, everyone gonna early WC.

Gonna leave it like this for a while, see what pre season brings us...

I wouldn't worry too much about the bench if you have a good XI. Almost everyone will Wildcard before GW10, so there is unlikely to be too much rotation from CL teams, and even if there is, the likes of Jota and Foden will 90% of be subbed on (especially with 5 subs) meaning your bench player doesn't even get on. You have your weekly transfer for injuries etc... If you have a 4.5 playing midfielder (e.g. Andreas) I personally think that is fine for the start of the season.

Even if the worst does happen and you need to call on your second sub, is Neco Williams really going to be the difference in rank?

On the teams, I'm not a fan of the strikers you added personally. Things could change but I feel Jota is too much of a minutes risk for the price, there is a solid chance of him not starting games and getting 10-30 minutes (and when he does start, he is unlikely to finish) if we assume things won't change too much from last season. You need to start Edouard against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal in the first 5, also not guaranteed a start.

Fair points Gawge. I'll revert to the 541.

Well I rather have defenders from those teams, but do you think Ederson is worth it over Cancelo and spending that money on another position?

Edersons lack of saves makes him totally dependent on clean sheets though so Cancelo should easily outscore him unless Pep rotates.

Allison gets saves and bonus so covers Pool defenders better I say, but I still rather get the added assist potential.
No Alison or ederson isn’t good enough to leave one of Cancelo, TAA or even Robertson out. I have TAA, Cancelo and Ederson. Having a premium keeper is better this year just cause they are only 5.5 and not 6.0. So I’d rather double up on a keeper than a second defender at 6.0+

Not much love for Trippier?
Showed just in 5 games last year he's a real threat with 2 goals.

Newcastle surely nailed on top half too.

Not much love for Trippier?
Showed just in 5 games last year he's a real threat with 2 goals.

Newcastle surely nailed on top half too.

Yeah, for sure. He is in my team. Set pieces, Newcastle adding better players, and the run they went on from February. I think he is a big threat até only 5 million and the number of clean sheets should go up with Botman.

Yeah, for sure. He is in my team. Set pieces, Newcastle adding better players, and the run they went on from February. I think he is a big threat até only 5 million and the number of clean sheets should go up with Botman.

I'm keeping an eye on Perisic, but at the mo, my big 4 is TAA, Cancelo, James and Trippier.
Chelsea keeper too. At 0.5m more than the cheapos it just makes sense to.

The type of scenarios I'm weighing up are whether Havertz actually is Chelsea's starting striker, as 8m would still be a steal even being a forward in the game this year.
Plus what happens with Rashford as 6.5m there could be a great value too.

I'm keeping an eye on Perisic, but at the mo, my big 4 is TAA, Cancelo, James and Trippier.

The type of scenarios I'm weighing up are whether Havertz actually is Chelsea's starting striker, as 8m would still be a steal even being a forward in the game this year.
Jesus is much better value at 8.0. Going to start more and will provide more value as a forward.

Jesus is much better value at 8.0. Going to start more and will provide more value as a forward.

I've got Jesus and Haaland to start, but monitoring Havertz.

I fear that anyone who has even half a clue about fantasy footy will start with very similar lineups this season.
It seems to get worse and worse for that. A few years ago you could enjoy the first few weeks as teams were so different.

Having said that, you just know 3 or 4 players who no-one has even mentioned will start the season like beasts and suddenly rise 0.5m in a month.

I've got Jesus and Haaland to start, but monitoring Havertz.

I fear that anyone who has even half a clue about fantasy footy will start with very similar lineups this season.
It seems to get worse and worse for that. A few years ago you could enjoy the first few weeks as teams were so different.

Having said that, you just know 3 or 4 players who no-one has even mentioned will start the season like beasts and suddenly rise 0.5m in a month.

I feel template is much weaker in other fantasy games I play. I guess in PL a player like Salah has been dominant so most have him.

In CL fantasy Salah is usually pretty low owned though in the group stage due to his high cost with better premiums around like Benzema and Lewandowski.

Like strategy is very different from player to player.

I feel template is much weaker in other fantasy games I play. I guess in PL a player like Salah has been dominant so most have him.

In CL fantasy Salah is usually pretty low owned though in the group stage due to his high cost with better premiums around like Benzema and Lewandowski.

Like strategy is very different from player to player.
To combat this, they should have been more flexible with the prices.

For example if they made TAA 8, Robertson 7 and Cancelo 7.5...

Suddenly there's a discussion.

Right now, might as well pay the 0.5 extra and get TAA, hence why he will be in nearly every team.

They took Salah up to 13 and now you're seeing people considering not having him... They needed more players at prices that make them stick out...

Rashford is a big one for me. He has the potential to be a 9 million player in a good side. 6,5 could be the best value in the game (bar TAA/Robertson) if he gets back to the player of 2-3 years ago.

I am looking at Bruno too as a potential 3rd premium. We know he has hit the heights of looking almost essential at 12 million before. At 10 million under a good coach, a potential 3rd premium is very tempting.

Everyone right now: "Prices are too low, template is too strong, game is too easy"

Everyone in May 2023: "600k finish, got real bad luck from variance"

To combat this, they should have been more flexible with the prices.

For example if they made TAA 8, Robertson 7 and Cancelo 7.5...

Suddenly there's a discussion.

Right now, might as well pay the 0.5 extra and get TAA, hence why he will be in nearly every team.

They took Salah up to 13 and now you're seeing people considering not having him... They needed more players at prices that make them stick out...

Think there is a discussion right now. Robertson and TAA are fairly equal last year and Robertson did improve in terms of getting goals after Diaz joined as well.

If TAA 8 it would be easy not to have him I guess. Cancelo 7.5 also quite high I think.

If you look just at last seasons numbers then Robertson plus an improved player with 0.5 is better, but of course we do not know what happens this season.

I guess based on the numbers you should probably have both and no Cancelo, but diversification at the start is key for me and Cancelo could potentially improve his assist potential with Haaland as well.

Everyone right now: "Prices are too low, template is too strong, game is too easy"

Everyone in May 2023: "600k finish, got real bad luck from variance"

Its going to be way harder this year. In my mini league there were some dodgy looking teams, but every one I have seen drafted this year has looked good. It’s going to be tough.