Fantasy Premier League 22/23

My team with no Salah…

Raya
TAA - James - Cancelo - Trippier - Robertson
Saka - Rashford - Diaz
Kane - Haaland

Got a defence with 3 probable 200 points players in it and two other high potential options. The 6th best midfielder last year in Saka, who is a year older and progressing. A probable Mane replacement in Diaz (possible that he picks up some of those nearly 200 points leaving the team). And the potential for ridiculousness from Haaland, along with the reliability of Kane in a better team.

Only risks are no Salah (I know, it’s massive) and Rashford. But I can’t turn Rashford down at that price, he has the potential for big numbers that are far and away from his current price. Can trade to Martinelli/Odegaard without too much bother.

Bench is woeful, but have two playing options in Andreas and Cafu who both work in attacking areas (based on last season’s stats), so should have cover if someone misses out.

I think, bizarrely, I might actually be happy with this for once.

There are no starting 4m GK's. Best to just pick one from a team that won't take up a valuable slot from another team (Gazza fits this).
Neco Williams is just about to transfer to Forest (from Liverpool). He'll be an attacking 4m right back. He'll be much better bench fodder that Jones.

Also Andreas Pereira is moving to Fulham and, judging from multiple reports, will be their starting #10 so he'd be a better choice for bench fodder than Colback in my opinion.
Thanks man!

I’ll definitely swap Williams in but as for Pereira, he’s the one I initially had in place of Colback but I want to see how Pereira does initially. Colback is a starting wingback for Forest and from the looks of it, he definitely gets in on the action going forward so I might try him out first.

hv7uTrS.png

Pretty happy with this GOAT team right now, but what happens when
a. Ronaldo and Sterling go to Chelsea and I have 5 Chelsea players?
b. Pereira moves to Fulham and I have 4 Fulham players?

Can I just leave it all season with and those 9 players can score or do they get autobenched?

:lol:

hv7uTrS.png

Can I just leave it all season with and those 9 players can score or do they get autobenched?

If you don't wanna make any changes throughout the season, sure.

hv7uTrS.png

Yes you can leave it like that, but if you make a transfer you have to sell the Chelsea or Fulham players first

Yes you can leave it like that, but if you make a transfer you have to sell the Chelsea or Fulham players first

Thanks. Obviously I'm not actually leaving like that... just curious about odd things.

So, should I want to make a transfer in GW2 - it'd essentially force me to 3?

If CR7 leaves, which one if our guys will score 13 or more? I can see nobody

Martial at a push but likely nobody.

Don't get me wrong, Jesus isn't a bad shout if you're going 2 up top but midfielders is where the value is so but I'd rather go with 8 mill midfielders like Diaz and Saka.

I've only got one striker myself (Haaland).

Martial at a push but likely nobody.

Don't get me wrong, Jesus isn't a bad shout if you're going 2 up top but midfielders is where the value is so but I'd rather go with 8 mill midfielders like Diaz and Saka.

I've only got one striker myself (Haaland).
Do you think Diaz (8m) outscores Robertson (7m)?

Thanks. Obviously I'm not actually leaving like that... just curious about odd things.

So, should I want to make a transfer in GW2 - it'd essentially force me to 3?
It will still be the normal one transfer that you can roll to the next week. The difference is any transfer you want to make must be to remove a Chelsea or Fulham player until they are down to three players for each club.

Basically, you can't transfer out a player that is not from Fulham or Chelsea until you have matched the three per club maximum in your team.

Not gone with Haaland at the moment but that Bournmouth game week 2 at home is a worry. Sort of game he scores five in and all your rivals have captained him.

hv7uTrS.png

Tell me this was an auto pick. Please.

hv7uTrS.png

Well, don't get me wrong now; everyone has his ideas and shit like that but your team man sounds like you are trolling here.
This is serious thread ffs :D

hv7uTrS.png

Tell me you've never played this game without telling me.

Btw, i defo (well, 99%) have my team for now.
Mendy- that was tough choice because i wanted to save 0.5 there but Mendy will get more points than Raya/Sanchez
TAA, Chilwell, Perisic, Dias, Trippier
Salah(c), Neto, Martinelli
Kane, Haaland

3 premiums with two playing players (Pereira and Murphy) on the bench.
At this moment only dilemma is to put Tommy instead Trips and then upgrade Neto to Bruno G.

New Draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Saka, Neto
Mitrovic, Haaland

Subs: Steele, Pereira, Williams, Greenwood

*once Williams moves to Nottingham Forrest
Mitar? Remember 2 years ago? Why not Broja (when he leaves) or Eduoard for 5.5 and you have 1 mil in the bank?

Would probably reduce the money on the bench and go more aggressive on the starting 11. Also going without Trent is a pretty bold move.

I say Robertson can easily outscore TAA. They average similar points last year per game. I think Robertson at the end of last season started getting goals as well which TAA rarely gets. Could have to do with Diaz playing as well.

I say Robertson can easily outscore TAA. They average similar points last year per game. I think Robertson at the end of last season started getting goals as well which TAA rarely gets. Could have to do with Diaz playing as well.
If Trent and Robertson score the same points in any gw you will lose net rank if you only own Robertson. Let alone when Trent outscores rob.

It's the defense version of Salah Mane. No serious player is gonna start without Trent

If Trent and Robertson score the same points in any gw you will lose net rank if you only own Robertson. Let alone when Trent outscores rob.

It's the defense version of Salah Mane. No serious player is gonna start without Trent

Well I will try to not play just based on fear though. Just cause lots have TAA does not mean it is optimal to have him if you think Robertson is better or equal.

I have had Robertson over him 2-3 times for longer spells and Robertson then outscored TAA. I have had TAA for spells outscoring Robertson as well.

Mitar? Remember 2 years ago? Why not Broja (when he leaves) or Eduoard for 5.5 and you have 1 mil in the bank?
Mitro is a troll but at least will play. Not much value below his price.

The two you mentioned both get heavily rotated, Édouard was an absolute shit show towards the end of last season.

Broja might be interesting depending where he goes.

Well I will try to not play just based on fear though. Just cause lots have TAA does not mean it is optimal to have him if you think Robertson is better or equal.

I have had Robertson over him 2-3 times for longer spells and Robertson then outscored TAA. I have had TAA for spells outscoring Robertson as well.
Playing the game out of the fear of your rank not plummeting is a pretty sound strategy if your objective is to gain rank.

Are you going without Trent in GW1? Yes or no.

Playing the game out of the fear of your rank not plummeting is a pretty sound strategy if your objective is to gain rank.

Are you going without Trent in GW1? Yes or no.

Not decided yet. Depend on if I need 0.5 for someone I really want.

Btw, i defo (well, 99%) have my team for now.
Mendy- that was tough choice because i wanted to save 0.5 there but Mendy will get more points than Raya/Sanchez
TAA, Chilwell, Perisic, Dias, Trippier
Salah(c), Neto, Martinelli
Kane, Haaland

3 premiums with two playing players (Pereira and Murphy) on the bench.
At this moment only dilemma is to put Tommy instead Trips and then upgrade Neto to Bruno G.

What’s with the Perisic love? conte likes to sub his wingbacks and Reguilon is maybe even above him?

also Martinelli, with Jesus joining, its one more to compete for his place = uncertainty whether he starts week in/week out. You want certified starters imo.

It is probably not a massive call. TAA may get 6 points more as a realistic worst case scenario I would say. If TAA got clean sheet so does Robertson.

With Salah vs Son the swing could be 30 points if we include captain call.

I think Robertson, Mendy vs TAA and best 4.5 keeper is far from obvious. Also going Allison and Chilwell/James might outscore TAA and Mendy.

Due to the fixtures I think short term TAA and Robertson are the best fullback for the first two so going one of them makes sense and maybe even two.

Longer terms lots of things can change based on fixtures, rotation etc. TAA might be the most nailed fullback from the top 6 which justify his value a lot, but I expect Robertson to start most games.

Last edited:
Do you think Diaz (8m) outscores Robertson (7m)?

no. allison is an outside pick for value pr point also in that regard, if they can remain as solid with clean sheets - but depends on how shitty other budget picks are

What’s with the Perisic love? conte likes to sub his wingbacks and Reguilon is maybe even above him?

also Martinelli, with Jesus joining, its one more to compete for his place = uncertainty whether he starts week in/week out. You want certified starters imo.

Conte doesn’t fancy Reguillon at all, and Sessegnon will probably be a back up to Perisic.

Jesus is definitely coming in to play as a number 9 in the place of Lacazette. Martinelli will be a starter on the left and his competition will be ESR.

Perisic had 10 goals and 9 assists for Inter this year as a fb. So i expect that he will get something in PL. And Spurs will not concede much so there are CS.
Martinelli? I don't think that Jesus will change his status

Do people feel Cancelo is still an essential?

Without him, I can really buff up my team.
Well think of it this way - if a 7.0 midfielder or striker can get you 175-200 points should you have him in your team? The answer should be yes.

He doesn’t need to be amazing really. It’s just that we’re probably going to need a 5.5m midfielder if we’re squeezing in the big guns, and he’s the likeliest to score points.

No love for Dewsbury Hall? I can see them scoring similar points. I don't like any below 6 tbh. Play 4 in the midfield with perreia on the bench, or put more money in the midfield. Defenders are being overrated.

Also Robertson over Trent all day if you had to choose one. The Salah/Mane comparison is way off. Robertson has looked miles better this season and at the end of the day, is a better player.

Ronaldo is staying, which is a shame cos Bruno at 10 would be a steal otherwise.

I am going to make the same mistake again, try to start without Salah.

My first draft:

Mendy Olson
TAA Robertson Cancelo Perisic Fofana
Diaz Mahrez Rashford ASM Pereira
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Still £2.0m in the bank to upgrade. I think I will get rid of Perisic though, expecting him to be heavily rotated. On the other hand he is very attacking.

My team at the moment. The midfield needs some work.

Dean
James TAA Cancelo Chilwell
Bruno Foden Saka Diaz Neto
Haaland
Sanchez Dunk 4.5 4.5