Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Conte doesn’t fancy Reguillon at all, and Sessegnon will probably be a back up to Perisic.

Jesus is definitely coming in to play as a number 9 in the place of Lacazette. Martinelli will be a starter on the left and his competition will be ESR.

To be fair Reguilon was a bit injures tol, no? Perisic is old. Little chance he starts all the time imo

I've stuck Bowen in but seem to be in the minority.....do people think he may struggle this season? To me, he looks the type of player that will consistently score high each season and will probably go higher than similarly priced players (Mount, Mahrez, Gundogen etc.)

Is Rashford a must for that price if he starts?
My current starting 11 looking good on paper.

Hendo
TAA Cancelo Chilwell Tripier
Salah Foden Rashford Gordon
Jesus Haaland
bench: Dennis, Andreas, Lamptey, Greenwood

Is Jesus, Haaland, Kane a bit too attack heavy? Draft team below

Mendy
Tomiyasu Cancelo Perisic
Dias Sancho ASM Gordon
Jesus Haaland Kane​

I am going to make the same mistake again, try to start without Salah.

My first draft:

Mendy Olson
TAA Robertson Cancelo Perisic Fofana
Diaz Mahrez Rashford ASM Pereira
Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Still £2.0m in the bank to upgrade. I think I will get rid of Perisic though, expecting him to be heavily rotated. On the other hand he is very attacking.

I think if you go without Salah you need Son or Kane as captain for gameweek 1 unless you going for a huge punt.

If you want a huge differential captain though you can try Sterling if he joins Chelsea or Bruno potentially.

Even Vardy will be a huge differential that would tempt me, but Jesus for 2 million less feels almost as good to be fair with those early fixtures.

Or you go Haaland from the start and do not care about hard fixture and potential crazy roulette.

Last edited:
I've stuck Bowen in but seem to be in the minority.....do people think he may struggle this season? To me, he looks the type of player that will consistently score high each season and will probably go higher than similarly priced players (Mount, Mahrez, Gundogen etc.)
It's a gamble. Many players have a great season like Bowen did then struggle to replicate when other teams start doubling up on them knowing they are the danger man.

It could pay off but at 8.5 there are many other options...

Is Jesus, Haaland, Kane a bit too attack heavy? Draft team below

Mendy
Tomiyasu Cancelo Perisic
Dias Sancho ASM Gordon
Jesus Haaland Kane​

The problem is if you want one premium midfielder you have to make two moves to get one.

It is just a -4 so if you for example think Kane is better than Son I see no reason why you should doubt Kane.

Also if you think Kane is better do not do what I did and make a -4 to switch them around when the other is performing better even if it involves selling players like Weghorst and Maupay in the process.
It was a disaster last year for me and the one I had always had the lowest points every week pretty much.

It's a gamble. Many players have a great season like Bowen did then struggle to replicate when other teams start doubling up on them knowing they are the danger man.

It could pay off but at 8.5 there are many other options...

The thing with Bowen is I expect him to play a lot more minutes than most players around him.

I feel much more confident having Bowen in my team over Mahrez and Foden and he can perform just as good.

Once CL starts Bowen might come into my team despite West Ham being in europe.

The thing with Bowen is I expect him to play a lot more minutes than most players around him.

I feel much more confident having Bowen in my team over Mahrez and Foden and he can perform just as good.

I'm with you. Bowen is banker for consistent point scoring throughout the season IMO.

I'm with you. Bowen is banker for consistent point scoring throughout the season IMO.

8.5m though? He only has like half a season of decent points in fpl. He wasn't particularly great in the first half of last season.

It's right to be aware of which players are rotation risks but for a lot of them that won't really be a factor until we're several weeks in. You can easily fall into the trap of thinking too long-term with some of your GW1 picks by thinking in terms of season-long points projections.

The problem is if you want one premium midfielder you have to make two moves to get one.

It is just a -4 so if you for example think Kane is better than Son I see no reason why you should doubt Kane.

Also if you think Kane is better do not do what I did and make a -4 to switch them around when the other is performing better even if it involves selling players like Weghorst and Maupay in the process.
It was a disaster last year for me and the one I had always had the lowest points every week pretty much.
That's actually a very good point!

It's right to be aware of which players are rotation risks but for a lot of them that won't really be a factor until we're several weeks in. You can easily fall into the trap of thinking too long-term with some of your GW1 picks by thinking in terms of season-long points projections.
Agree with this. I'm looking at only the first two gameweeks with the early wildcard always likely.

Considering starting without a City defender in order to accommodate Wilson in a 343, and for now, feeling comfortable with having Van Dijk or Robertson over TAA to free some funds.

Also think about which players will miss WC (Salah, Robertson for example). Could be less likely to be rotated

I'm set until the friendlies throw up surprises.

Sanchez - Steele

TAA, Robertson, James, Doherty, 4.0
Diaz, Son, Mahrez, Neto, Pereira
Haaland, Jesus, Greenwood

The risk is if Haaland flops, there isn't an easy way to go to Salah. I'm also terrified that he'll start GW1 with a hatrick against Fulham.

I would go for him if he was cheaper. At 8.5 he is a bit too expensive. Even if he replicates it I have a 7.0 defender capable of putting up the same numbers as Bowen and save that 1.5 to use elsewhere.

First draft. Unsure about Perisic, Jesus and Raphina at least.

———————-——Pope—————————-
———James Arnold Cancelo Perisic—-
De Bruyne(C)Rashford Raphina Martinelli
—————Haaland——-Jesus——————

Do we hate this?

Raya
Trent James Trippier Doherty Tomiyasu
Salah Son Neto
Haaland Jesus

This is still very tempting. I don’t fancy Neto, but the majority of people have him in anyway. Doherty could well get more minutes than Perisic, so the only real downgrade is Tomiyasu, who is nailed on at a top 6 club.

Only issue will be if Conte signs his own RWB before the season begins.

First draft. Unsure about Perisic, Jesus and Raphina at least.

———————-——Pope—————————-
———James Arnold Cancelo Perisic—-
De Bruyne(C)Rashford Raphina Martinelli
—————Haaland——-Jesus——————

Do you think Raphinha outscores Robertson, even if he goes to Chelsea?

This is still very tempting. I don’t fancy Neto, but the majority of people have him in anyway. Doherty could well get more minutes than Perisic, so the only real downgrade is Tomiyasu, who is nailed on at a top 6 club.

You can play around with the budget defs and mids. Salah, Haaland, Jesus, Kane/Son is quite viable.

It’s too unbalanced and it requires your premiums to fire every week. On the week they ALL fire it will be great for you but they don’t fire every week. Hence a little more balance will help.

Do you think Raphinha outscores Robertson, even if he goes to Chelsea?

I haven’t even though about that. Probably no. Will do Perisic > Robertson and Raphina > Neto now and sit on it for a while. Will definitely tinker some more. The midfield and forwards are very hit or miss now I feel except for KDB. Defence is rocking though.

It’s too unbalanced and it requires your premiums to fire every week. On the week they ALL fire it will be great for you but they don’t fire every week. Hence a little more balance will help.
I haven’t even though about that. Probably no. Will do Perisic > Robertson and Raphina > Neto now and sit on it for a while. Will definitely tinker some more. The midfield and forwards are very hit or miss now I feel except for KDB. Defence is rocking though.

Yeah, I think this is the issue, but from the two midfield premiums, none of the others are guaranteed whether it’s rotation worries (Foden, Mahrez), questions over form (Sancho, Rashford) or overpriced in relation to their defensive counterparts (Saka, Bowen).

Then, if you go for Salah and Son to get in your certainties, you lose your premium defenders or top strikers. It’s very tough.

Yeah, I think this is the issue, but from the two midfield premiums, none of the others are guaranteed whether it’s rotation worries (Foden, Mahrez), questions over form (Sancho, Rashford) or overpriced in relation to their defensive counterparts (Saka, Bowen).

Then, if you go for Salah and Son to get in your certainties, you lose your premium defenders or top strikers. It’s very tough.
Coutinho and Maddison are good options for 7.0 and 8.0. Maybe even Diaz. I wouldn’t touch anyone else in that price range. I have Rashford starting but the jury is obviously out on both him and Sancho.

Yeah but you're also paying 0.5 more.

Coutinho and Maddison are good options for 7.0 and 8.0. Maybe even Diaz. I wouldn’t touch anyone else in that price range. I have Rashford starting but the jury is obviously out on both him and Sancho.

I think Maddison is an interesting one, especially since they have no Europe and he might play more regularly. I think I would plump for Rashford or Martinelli over Coutinho just because of the potential there at a lower price.

I think Maddison is an interesting one, especially since they have no Europe and he might play more regularly. I think I would plump for Rashford or Martinelli over Coutinho just because of the potential there at a lower price.
Martinelli might have competition. More so over Rashford and Coutinho

Martinelli might have competition. More so over Rashford and Coutinho

I think he has the potential biggest upside of any of them though, at only 6 million. He was a starter from January on and will now have a much more mobile and energetic 9 to play with.

But yeah, Coutinho is probably more nailed than either. I just don’t know if he Carrie’s the same goal threat as either.

I think he has the potential biggest upside of any of them though, at only 6 million. He was a starter from January on and will now have a much more mobile and energetic 9 to play with.

But yeah, Coutinho is probably more nailed than either. I just don’t know if he Carrie’s the same goal threat as either.
How does Coutinho and Martinelli compare points wise from Jan - May?

Mendy
Forster

Perisic
Laporte
Dias
Coady
Tomiyasu

L Diaz
Saka
Ward-Prowse
Coutinho
Bruno Guimaraes

Haaland
Darwin
Mitrovic

What do we think people? Feel like I need to put in Son or Salah but at the same time kind of wanted to avoid having two players everyone else will have.

30- 40% difference between ownership Taa vs Robertson and James vs Chilwell. That is strange.

Seen a version of that (a fourmium) but better. If Bailey can have a half decent season, it’s a possible 442.
Yeah as I said you can play around with the rest. Saw some 4-3-3 with Jesus, Kane, Salah, Haaland which looks great but the only issue in that is you don't cover the 8m midfield price. But then I'd probably not sell Salah or Son anyway. Conversely you can shift Jesus to an 8m mid but Jesus looks like a great price for now. Anyway it's basically 2 moves over 1 in case someone from the 8m mids really bangs - I guess a couple will.

Also think 3/4-mium will mean less money in defense. There's a lot better 4.5 options in def (and maybe even a 4.0 one comes up) as compared to mid (although Andreas can be a quality option even as a starter if Fulham keep up their numbers, but their fixtures mean for this first draft he's not really a starter). Can probably have 2 premium defs at max, which I think is ok.

Mendy
Forster

Perisic
Laporte
Dias
Coady
Tomiyasu

L Diaz
Saka
Ward-Prowse
Coutinho
Bruno Guimaraes

Haaland
Darwin
Mitrovic

What do we think people? Feel like I need to put in Son or Salah but at the same time kind of wanted to avoid having two players everyone else will have.
Looks a well balanced side, though I think Coutinho often flatters to deceive and I can't see Mitrovic scoring 5+ outside the championship tbh. Big gamble with no Salah or Son as they're as close to 'bankers' as you can get (I'm on Salah triple captain Wk 1).

I'm tempted by Darwin myself as I think he may surprise most people....would need to lose Bowen, Mahrez or Salah to justify it though!!!

Last edited:
Do we hate this?

Raya
Trent James Trippier Doherty Tomiyasu
Salah Son Neto
Haaland Jesus

I had no idea how you managed this until I realised you didn’t plop down your subs.

I was scarred going for the shit-bench tactic a few years back when two/three main players surprisingly didn’t play and no one came on for them. I don’t think I can do that again.

Gone premium defender heavy for my first draft. 6-7m defenders look much more reliable than 7-8m midfielders. Tempted to downgrade Cash and another to bring in Salah but I'm not sure the Liverpool attack is going to gel straightaway - Diaz is barely bedded in and Nunez changes the chemistry also. Maddison ended last season on fire and I think he's top quality, he'd be at a bigger team by niw if he could stay fit. Rashford is a punt at 6.5m but other than Martinelli I can't find another mf in this bracket, and I don't want double Arsenal attack.

Sanchez
James TAA Cancelo Cash Perisic
Son Maddison Odegard Rashford
Haaland

Steele Toney Andreas Greenwood