Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Everyone right now: "Prices are too low, template is too strong, game is too easy"

Everyone in May 2023: "600k finish, got real bad luck from variance"

They have actually raise quite a lot of costs. Last year was kind of easy in theory to build a good squad for gameweek 1 if you had Tsimikas, but still had far from my best start despite having Bruno and Salah the right premiums.

My friend without Salah got 110 points and I got 96 with Salah captain I think. Like last year you could build insane gameweek 1 squads.

I don't get the love for Neto. He hasn't done anything to prove himself so far. I know he was injured last season but he didn't do much the season before either. And Wolves are shockingly bad going forward. The only team worse attacking wise were Norwich.

Diaz --> Coutinho
Sancho --> Rashford
Neto --> Guimaraes

I am with you with the baffling Neto love, but it’s a massive downgrade from Diaz to Coutinho. One played a lot of minutes and started the CL final, and the other was extremely hot and cold and plays for a much worse side.

I would be tempted to do Sancho/Neto to Grealish/Martinelli though. Grealish had the underlying numbers last season and will only improve and Martinelli will definitely start the season at Arsenal and is very explosive and attacking minded.

I am with you with the baffling Neto love, but it’s a massive downgrade from Diaz to Coutinho. One played a lot of minutes and started the CL final, and the other was extremely hot and cold and plays for a much worse side.

I would be tempted to do Sancho/Neto to Grealish/Martinelli though. Grealish had the underlying numbers last season and will only improve and Martinelli will definitely start the season at Arsenal and is very explosive and attacking minded.
You counter it by getting an upgrade on Neto. I think Coutinho + Guimaires will outscore Diaz + Neto.

I don't get the love for Neto. He hasn't done anything to prove himself so far. I know he was injured last season but he didn't do much the season before either. And Wolves are shockingly bad going forward. The only team worse attacking wise were Norwich.
Low price and good fixtures. That's literally the only reasons.

You counter it by getting an upgrade on Neto. I think Coutinho + Guimaires will outscore Diaz + Neto.
Coutinho is an interesting one. Had him for most of the last stretch last season and it was truly frustrating when he started getting rotated as well. At 7m if he settles in and becomes their talisman that's a great price with their opening fixtures.

I'm hoping the 7m mid price point opens up in pre-season. Looks a bit dead right now and there's a straight jump from 6 (Bruno/Martinelli) to the 8 mill pool. But there's Coutinho, Grealish, Barnes etc in that 7m price range who can be good value.

Any draft without a spurs attacker is looking pretty mental. A team that has two potential golden boot winners - who are statistically the greatest duo in the history of the PL. I'm feeling uneasy just having one and not both.

Any draft without a spurs attacker is looking pretty mental. A team that has two potential golden boot winners - who are statistically the greatest duo in the history of the PL. I'm feeling uneasy just having one and not both.
Yeah but to get them, you'll have to miss out on either Haaland or Salah.

Can't have them all (unless you fill the rest of your team with jobbers).

Salah v Son is very equal. Salah costs more but on pens and better team and high EO.

Kane v Haaland is more interesting. But I have to side with Haaland as I had Kane last year and was frustrating watching him play as a DMF. But this one can go either way.

Anyone else going for Robertson and Chillwell over TAA and James?

Are those with Kane not nervous about his notorious slow starts to seasons or is that a thing of the past?

Salah v Son is very equal. Salah costs more but on pens and better team and high EO.

Kane v Haaland is more interesting. But I have to side with Haaland as I had Kane last year and was frustrating watching him play as a DMF. But this one can go either way.

:lol: that doesn't sound equal at all.

Haaland for me. Like you, I had Kane and stuck with for way too long before making the Son switch (for a hit) in the last few weeks and thus, winning my ML. Haaland's output is insane, will only get better at City...

Threemium is quite viable for attacking the first few fixtures and then hitting WC.

I actually have a decent one having Kane Haaland Jesus Salah.

Anyone else going for Robertson and Chillwell over TAA and James?

I am thinking it. They are usually better for getting into the box and score goals.

I did do the TAA to Robertson transfer last year when TAA was injured for a game and although Robertson did outscore TAA the last few gameweeks
I did not use the money well by getting James for Coady who got like 2 points in the 3 games after I got him. I think I may had enough for Alonso without selling TAA who would have given me more points.

Not feeling any of these Martinelli and Neto drafts. That'll be where mine differs from the template. Admittedly there's not much about at those prices though. Wondering if it's worth moving Cancelo to Laporte for example to free up another million.

Not feeling any of these Martinelli and Neto drafts. That'll be where mine differs from the template. Admittedly there's not much about at those prices though. Wondering if it's worth moving Cancelo to Laporte for example to free up another million.
Absolutely. Those two make me wanna ditch the wingbacks and rather get cheaper defenders. Bruno G is quite popular too but not sure what his role will be. Neto has like 1 goal in 10 ratio. Whatever changes in that team it's not gonna become a goal machine overnight.

I might feel better starting AP over him if he looks like the main creator at Fulham who are already a massively attacking team and have a proper goalscorer.

With Mane leaving and Richarlison coming in I don’t think it’s equal between Salah and Son at current prices. If Son was closer to 10m then no contest I’d pick Son but he is too expensive for me.

Owning Salah, Kane and Son would do terrible things to the rest of your team.

With Mane leaving and Richarlison coming in I don’t think it’s equal between Salah and Son at current prices. If Son was closer to 10m then no contest I’d pick Son but he is too expensive for me.
The problem is you sort of need Spurs coverage, and I'd much rather Haaland over Kane. Whereas Diaz at 8m feels like a decent option to cover your base with Liverpool (as well as having Trent).

Holly shit, am i the only one here who starts with Kane and Haaland? Now i am worried....

And thinking,
Cancelo/Foden/Jesus or Dias/Neto/Haaland?

I think there is definitely a discussion to be had about Salah this year, even if no one wants to believe that.

He was under par for 6 months and that coincided with Diaz introduction into the team. He will now be playing regularly with him, and a new, expensive number 9, who will want the goals himself.

New partnerships can take time and the two new boys are a lot more selfish than Firmino and Mane. He might smash it and enjoy the refresh, but I think there is enough in the table to at least merit the discussion of Diaz/Robertson/TAA.

Current thoughts:

1) Salah and TAA are locks, no need to overcomplicate obvious choices.

2) City are the best defence in the league and have the best opening 5 or so fixtures from a defensive POV. Doubling up seems a predictable route to points a lot of people probably aren't considering enough. Their CBs and goalkeeper may have low ceilings but that doesn't matter if they're hitting it regularly enough while you own them.

3) Currently favouring Robertson over Luis Diaz.

4) A lot of good 8m mids, none of them stand out as the obvious choice for GW1. Not a lot of good cheaper mids. Clarity here in the coming weeks would help.

5) Normally like a GW1BB but don't think this year's prices and fixtures lend itself to it so much.

Holly shit, am i the only one here who starts with Kane and Haaland? Now i am worried....

I am too. Anything else I try doesn’t look right, and it avoids me having to look at the Netos and Wissas of the game. Two reliable Captain options and Liverpool have so many quality options elsewhere. I am pressing on and won’t waver even if Salah destroys Fulham :lol:

Current thoughts:

1) Salah and TAA are locks, no need to overcomplicate obvious choices.

2) City are the best defence in the league and have the best opening 5 or so fixtures from a defensive POV. Doubling up seems a predictable route to points a lot of people probably aren't considering enough. Their CBs and goalkeeper may have low ceilings but that doesn't matter if they're hitting it regularly enough while you own them.

3) Currently favouring Robertson over Luis Diaz.

4) A lot of good 8m mids, none of them stand out as the obvious choice for GW1. Not a lot of good cheaper mids. Clarity here in the coming weeks would help.

5) Normally like a GW1BB but don't think this year's prices and fixtures lend itself to it so much.

Wait for the injuries. They make the GW1BB viable with the likes of Tsmimikas, Tanganga etc last season.

With unlimited transfers during the World Cup, you'll make an early wild card anyways and pre-season injuries will give big opportunities.

I am too. Anything else I try doesn’t look right, and it avoids me having to look at the Netos and Wissas of the game. Two reliable Captain options and Liverpool have so many quality options elsewhere. I am pressing on and won’t waver even if Salah destroys Fulham :lol:
I have threemium. So Salah too. And highly rated defence. Only Cancelo is missing (but Dias is top option too).
But i am paying the price in midfield. Neto and Martinelli look so so weak. No L. Dias, Foden, Mahrez, Coutinho...

My biggest fear is that Dias and Foden will go on 180+ points this year. And Coutinho will always do something (like Grealish did in Villa).
What can Neto do? 100 points at best. Yeah, not happy anymore with having 3 big guns

I just did a Salah-less draft and I do quite like it (brackets being bench fodder and the 2 x £4.5 defenders rotating in).

Mendy (Gazzaniga)
Justin James TAA Laporte Tomiyasu
Diaz Mount Foden Rashford (Andreas)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

Could even bring in Nico Williams if he's nailed and use that £0.5m somewhere else. Saka > Foden or Mount might be sensible as well with no Jesus.

99% won't do it but it's interesting and means I don't need scrubs like Neto in my team week in/week out.

If I go without Salah I would not really change much more than getting Son and getting Allison in goal over my 4.5.

Risky strategy for sure.

I could go Sterling and use the 3 million to get Kulusevski as well, but do not trust Sterling gameweek 1 captain over Salah and Son and I think Diaz and Kulu is not going to match those two most likely.

I just did a Salah-less draft and I do quite like it (brackets being bench fodder and the 2 x £4.5 defenders rotating in).

Mendy (Gazzaniga)
Justin James TAA Laporte Tomiyasu
Diaz Mount Foden Rashford (Andreas)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

Could even bring in Nico Williams if he's nailed and use that £0.5m somewhere else. Saka > Foden or Mount might be sensible as well with no Jesus.

99% won't do it but it's interesting and means I don't need scrubs like Neto in my team week in/week out.

I rather have Neto than Rashford as things stand.

I have threemium. So Salah too. And highly rated defence. Only Cancelo is missing (but Dias is top option too).
But i am paying the price in midfield. Neto and Martinelli look so so weak. No L. Dias, Foden, Mahrez, Coutinho...

My biggest fear is that Dias and Foden will go on 180+ points this year. And Coutinho will always do something (like Grealish did in Villa).
What can Neto do? 100 points at best. Yeah, not happy anymore with having 3 big guns

I think Martinelli is fine, but yeah, starting with both him and Neto gives the midfield a weak look on paper. Then, when you start taking money out of the defence to cover it, you realize you are missing possible 200 point players at the back.

I think what @Moby mentioned a few posts back has merit though. It’s a season unlike any other and there is definitely something to be said about attacking early with premiums and using the wild card once the CL starts and more options crop up at lower values.

I am not happy with Foden, Mahrez, Coutinho, Maddison all for different reasons, but I also hate the look of Neto in my team.

I rather have Neto than Rashford as things stand.

Depends what we see in pre season from our lot. I'd like to have a United player I must say.

Justin, Rashford, Foden could easily be Williams, Saka, Grealish instead but then I think I prefer Jesus to Saka so that'd be a front 3 :nervous: which seems mad after last season.

Last edited:
I think Martinelli is fine, but yeah, starting with both him and Neto gives the midfield a weak look on paper. Then, when you start taking money out of the defence to cover it, you realize you are missing possible 200 point players at the back.

I think what @Moby mentioned a few posts back has merit though. It’s a season unlike any other and there is definitely something to be said about attacking early with premiums and using the wild card once the CL starts and more options crop up at lower values.

I am not happy with Foden, Mahrez, Coutinho, Maddison all for different reasons, but I also hate the look of Neto in my team.

I quite like Neto and Podence. They are the type of pick I like with a bit of flair and a very attacking player.

The only problem is that Wolves are kind of shit, but for 5.5 you rarely get good attacking players for top teams that might be nailed even.

Given the fixtures I like them for sure. I do regret not picking Podence last year over Raphinha for the doubles too.

I also think back to last season and I was quite happy to just have Cancelo as my only City for most of it because there's nothing more annoying than seeing that Pep team sheet come through and your attackers aren't on it.

Salah may or may not be on the decline but you rarely have to worry about that with him. He's a machine in that respect (must be that asthma he's got).

I also think back to last season and I was quite happy to just have Cancelo as my only City for most of it because there's nothing more annoying than seeing that Pep team sheet come through and your attackers aren't on it.

Salah may or may not be on the decline but you rarely have to worry about that with him. He's a machine in that respect (must be that asthma he's got).
And no World Cup so rested come Nov/Dec