Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Owning Salah, Kane and Son would do terrible things to the rest of your team.
I'm ok with front 5 of Salah Kane Haaland Diaz/Jesus Neto with Trent James and 4.5-5 defenders.
I just did a Salah-less draft and I do quite like it (brackets being bench fodder and the 2 x £4.5 defenders rotating in).

Mendy (Gazzaniga)
Justin James TAA Laporte Tomiyasu
Diaz Mount Foden Rashford (Andreas)
Kane Haaland (Greenwood)

Could even bring in Nico Williams if he's nailed and use that £0.5m somewhere else. Saka > Foden or Mount might be sensible as well with no Jesus.

99% won't do it but it's interesting and means I don't need scrubs like Neto in my team week in/week out.
I could go without James. Current gut feeling is I could go without him if my team is set up for first 6-8 games. Especially if he gets more defensive duties in a back 4 or as a RCB.

And no World Cup so rested come Nov/Dec

Which may suggest he will play every single game before that and then get a rest.

He is probably the safe pick for the mini league, but to aim high you might have the best chance to do well without him theoretically if you can nail the alternative captains.

I quite like Neto and Podence. They are the type of pick I like with a bit of flair and a very attacking player.

The only problem is that Wolves are kind of shit, but for 5.5 you rarely get good attacking players for top teams that might be nailed even.

Given the fixtures I like them for sure. I do regret not picking Podence last year over Raphinha for the doubles too.

I like Podence as a player, and liked Neto before his injury too, but I watched them last season, and although Podence was very quick and lively, it was always 30-40 meters from the goal and they created so little.

That is my worry, but as you say, the fixtures are great and the wildcard should be done before they turn.

I'd like to know how Chelsea will shape up in defence before committing to their more expensive defenders. Talks of a switch to a back four, Rudiger gone, Christensen and Azpi being linked with moves away, etc.

Yeah Chelsea defence bit of a question mark. Maybe downgrade James down to Cash, I like Villas fixtures. Then have 1m to upgrade Neto but I don't really like any of the 6.5/6m midfielders (already have Martinelli).

9B4054E2-D2D9-42E8-8A60-40A52232C58A.jpg
best team so far I think. Fraser or Neto

Havent been researching that much to be honest, but.. arent they starting? Who would start instead of them?

I would just be worried about their upper limits. They make up almost 30% of your team. I think Andreas would be good as a back up, but I wouldn’t fancy starting him.

Put it this way, which combo is going to get your more points in first 8 game weeks?

de Bruyne - white - fraser - Andreas

or

Diaz - Trippier - Saka - Perisic

I would just be worried about their upper limits. They make up almost 30% of your team. I think Andreas would be good as a back up, but I wouldn’t fancy starting him.

Put it this way, which combo is going to get your more points in first 8 game weeks?

de Bruyne - white - fraser - Andreas

or

Diaz - Trippier - Saka - Perisic

actually thought of starting Neco Williams.

Risking no Salah this year.

Mendy
TAA - Konate - Dias - James
Rashford- Martinelli - Diaz
Haaland - Kane - Jesus

Bench: 4m keeper, Neto, Tomiyasu, Kovacic

Tempted to go without Haaland and have 2 options

1. Downgrade to Havertz or Watkins and have 3.5-4m to invest. That’s enough to upgrade Rashford to Fernandes.
2. Downgrade to Broja (if he moves) which gives me 6m to play with. Can then look at 2 of Konate to Robertson, Rashford to Fernandes, Neto to Grealish/Foden/Mount. I can go Konate to Laporte to upgrade to Fernandes and Grealish. Much more balanced side but risky with no Haaland and Salah.

I think Konate will start for some reason and worried Cancelo will be rotated with Cucurella.

actually thought of starting Neco Williams.

Its a vote of confidence for sure, but Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs and City in his first 5 would make me feel uneasy depending on him.

:lol: that doesn't sound equal at all.
With Mane leaving and Richarlison coming in I don’t think it’s equal between Salah and Son at current prices. If Son was closer to 10m then no contest I’d pick Son but he is too expensive for me.
When I say equal, I mean yeah Salah has pens but Son is £1m cheaper.

That's like saying is Salah (with his stats/EO) & Laporte better than Son & Cancelo?

You can't look at it player v player when difference in money is involved.

But yeah, I still will go Salah.

Its a vote of confidence for sure, but Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs and City in his first 5 would make me feel uneasy depending on him.

my thinking is to have around 9 good to great players, and then the rest are “extra” / risers.. of course depends on how easy players are to get overall, but a rule of thumb for me

my thinking is to have around 9 good to great players, and then the rest are “extra” / risers.. of course depends on how easy players are to get overall, but a rule of thumb for me

That could work out alright, I would just keep any eye on Arsenals friendlies with Saliba back at the club, and Newcastle sniffing around Diaby. Just have to monitor the best budget options in that case I guess!

Don’t understand why people have a playing bench. Ploughing all the money into the starting eleven is the best way to start the game, teams play once a week. You can always sort your bench out after your first wildcard.

Walker/ Trippier & 8m mid or
Cancelo and Martinelli/ Bruno G

I just came on to ask a very similar question!

I am trying to decide between

Cancelo/Saka/Rashford

or

Perisic/Bruno/Martinelli

It’s a tough call. I have been changing round everything even though we are so far out, but it gets a lot easier once you pin down who you are convinced about.

Not willing to take out TAA, Robertson, Trippier, Diaz, Haaland or Kane from mine, so really down to the last decisions now and who I want to gamble on without feeling sure.

If Bruno is a false nine and back on pens, he could well be a third premium.

I just came on to ask a very similar question!

I am trying to decide between

Cancelo/Saka/Rashford

or

Perisic/Bruno/Martinelli

It’s a tough call. I have been changing round everything even though we are so far out, but it gets a lot easier once you pin down who you are convinced about.

Not willing to take out TAA, Robertson, Trippier, Diaz, Haaland or Kane from mine, so really down to the last decisions now and who I want to gamble on without feeling sure.

If Bruno is a false nine and back on pens, he could well be a third premium.
First one

Chilwell/Mendi/ Dias(City) or Alisson/Tommy/Cancelo?

What do you think? I am leaning to second combo

Last edited:
Have a draft (which I know I’ll change) and currently contains Aha-land and Douglas Luiz. So…

1. Aha-land/Luiz
  2. Son/fodder
  3. Jesus/Bowen
  4. Jesus/Saka
I have an idea of which but welcome thoughts and the whys (noting my selection is short term, WC between 6-11)

Would Luíz or the fodder be starting?

Yeah but to get them, you'll have to miss out on either Haaland or Salah.

Can't have them all (unless you fill the rest of your team with jobbers).

Salah v Son is very equal. Salah costs more but on pens and better team and high EO.

Kane v Haaland is more interesting. But I have to side with Haaland as I had Kane last year and was frustrating watching him play as a DMF. But this one can go either way.

That rage watching Kane togging around in the centre circle thinking he was prime Scholes was infuriating wasn't it.

They got their act together with Conte later on though.
But you can't have everyone, and the big hitters in defence, Salah and Haaland seem hard to ignore.

Have a draft (which I know I’ll change) and currently contains Aha-land and Douglas Luiz. So…

1. Aha-land/Luiz
  2. Son/fodder
  3. Jesus/Bowen
  4. Jesus/Saka
I have an idea of which but welcome thoughts and the whys (noting my selection is short term, WC between 6-11)
Haaland without luiz.
Son too expensive.
Bowen. Too risky.
Jesus and Saka. You really want to have TWO Arse attacking players for 16mil?

Depends what we see in pre season from our lot. I'd like to have a United player I must say.

Justin, Rashford, Foden could easily be Williams, Saka, Grealish instead but then I think I prefer Jesus to Saka so that'd be a front 3 :nervous: which seems mad after last season.

Grealish at 7m definitely needs monitoring.
Sterling is gone, and Pep attackers often improve in their 2nd year once they've worked out what the heck they're meant to be doing.

Foden could still steal his starts though.

Yeah but to get them, you'll have to miss out on either Haaland or Salah.

Can't have them all (unless you fill the rest of your team with jobbers).

Salah v Son is very equal. Salah costs more but on pens and better team and high EO.

Kane v Haaland is more interesting. But I have to side with Haaland as I had Kane last year and was frustrating watching him play as a DMF. But this one can go either way.
Nah, Ive got a few drafts with three. Yes it means you have 3 good defenders instead of 4 and a MF downgrade but not sure the slightly better MF and Def outweigh a potential 250-300 point player.