Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Who's everyone's fave 4.5 keeper?

Pickford under Lampard - NO
Sanchez - weak start...
Henderson - forget it
Raya - think Brentford will leak goals and struggle
Guaita - fantasy troll

Who else is there?

Anyone here playing womens euro fantasy?

The rules are pure crazy.

I play vs my mother and it is quite fun though. She asked for a fantasy euro game and they actually made one. I would never watched any games if not playing this game.
It is crazy how I got my mother into fantasy 1.5 years ago. My dad though think it takes too much time and my brother is such a bad loser. My friends all rejects women football as well.
I have never liked it, but gave it a go now.

Last edited:

Sanchez - weak start...
Henderson - forget it
Guaita - fantasy troll

Who else is there?
I'm going Pickford atm just because SURELY they can't be as bad as they were at the end of last season

Sanchez - weak start...
Henderson - forget it
Guaita - fantasy troll

Who else is there?

I think I want Cash more, but Martinez is an option for me at 5.0.
Sa as well.

4.5 I do not really like the fixtures for anyone apart from Meslier, but I think Brighton got the best def from those teams.

New Draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Saka, Neto
Mitrovic, Haaland

Subs: Steele, Pereira, Williams, Greenwood

*once Williams moves to Nottingham Forrest

New Draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic
Salah, Diaz, Saka, Neto
Mitrovic, Haaland

Subs: Steele, Pereira, Williams, Greenwood

*once Williams moves to Nottingham Forrest

I have done a similar draft to this, and I keep coming back to it and thinking…

Are Salah/Neto/Mitrovic going to do better than Robertson/Bruno/Jesus, for example?

I might be mad, but I think this is the year that Salah is finally too expensive.

First attempt

alisson
Taa-white-ait nouri-walker
Kdb-salah-neto-fraser-saka
Haaland

0.5 itb

Alisson (Gazza)
TAA James Cancelo Dias (Phil Jones)
Neto Martinelli Diaz Son (Colback)
Jesus Haaland (Greenwood)

Does anyone know a good keeper at 4m who may even start? Also a good alternate for Phil Jones? I just have a gut feeling Jones will leave our club and become a starter at another PL club in the bottom half so I’ve just kept him for now

Why do I have a feeling Pep isn't going to start Haaland.

KDB and Kane seem the safe choice but Son and Haaland more explosive

Why do I have a feeling Pep isn't going to start Haaland.

KDB and Kane seem the safe choice but Son and Haaland more explosive
Because he's a Pep Guardiola is my idol.

Edit: what the feck, why did my message change :lol:

I imagine for City this year it'll be Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez rotating for those front 3 spots, Rodri and Phillips competing for the holding mid spot, KDB mostly nailed with Bernardo and Gundogan the other mid (Bernardo will play more if he stays obviously).

Would imagine from that first 5 Foden and Haaland get the most game time.

Alisson (Gazza)
TAA James Cancelo Dias (Phil Jones)
Neto Martinelli Diaz Son (Colback)
Jesus Haaland (Greenwood)

Does anyone know a good keeper at 4m who may even start? Also a good alternate for Phil Jones? I just have a gut feeling Jones will leave our club and become a starter at another PL club in the bottom half so I’ve just kept him for now

There are no starting 4m GK's. Best to just pick one from a team that won't take up a valuable slot from another team (Gazza fits this).
Neco Williams is just about to transfer to Forest (from Liverpool). He'll be an attacking 4m right back. He'll be much better bench fodder that Jones.

Also Andreas Pereira is moving to Fulham and, judging from multiple reports, will be their starting #10 so he'd be a better choice for bench fodder than Colback in my opinion.

My thoughts are you'd bottle it before the deadline and change the whole team to get Salah.

Just cause we play by fear and see Salah EO over 100% and pick him does not suggest all United fans will haha.

It is probably more fun without in a crazy way. I did enjoy his two benchings when not having him last season and despite the game against United being pure pain without in the long run it was better without.

If Son had better gameweek 2 fixture I would consider him more strongly from the start as I think he is so good and explosive under Conte.

I personally play by fear too much at times. If Salah smash it I will feel too shit about everything so just pick him and suffer slightly less if he does well even wanting Liverpool to fail.
If Son does well like last year it hurts less than Salah even if it lost me an insane amount of rank.
Still usually I fear the best options, but if Bruno G has 80% ownership from casuals despite me thinking he is a poor pick I still fear him a bit. Not enough to get him though.
Same as Neco Williams EO of 70% would not convince me to start him either.

Extremely tempted to go with 5 at the back. Currently shaping up with the following;

Sanchez (Forster)
Trent - Konate - Cancelo - Trippier - James.
Son - Diaz (c) - Grealish
Haaland - G. Jesus

0 in the bank. Diaz as captain to try and latch on to the inevitable points Salah will haul in GW1. I think they've done the pricing rather well as there's going to be significant variance in the sorts of teams we initially see.

Because everyone these days just watch the FF guys on YouTube and jump on whatever they say.

Wolves have pretty good fixtures so Podence and Neto for 5.5 are interesting.

If Elanga looks like he is starting he is ahead. Otherwise not many better picks for gameweek 1 at that cost.

Last edited:
Just cause we play by fear and see Salah EO over 100% and pick him does not suggest all United fans will haha.
I doubt there will be anything for me to not captain him in GW3. Ten Haag Schten Haag, he's still gonna be up against Shaw/Maguire/Telles/Fred etc.

People seem to forget they are aiming for 90+ points every season and these are must win games for them. Salah is the man especially in big games.

Haaland won't miss a game and will set the league on fire - as obvious a choice as there has ever been.

The thing about Neto is, Wolves are rancid and don’t score goals. He is a good player, but I don’t think he is good enough to score enough in an awful defensive side.

The thing about Neto is, Wolves are rancid and don’t score goals. He is a good player, but I don’t think he is good enough to score enough in an awful defensive side.
He doesn’t need to be amazing really. It’s just that we’re probably going to need a 5.5m midfielder if we’re squeezing in the big guns, and he’s the likeliest to score points.

Last edited:

I think his chance to score vs Leeds is maybe 20% and 20% for assist which is not too bad.

Salah may have 65% goal and 40% assist though and Son similar numbers.

He doesn’t need to be amazing really. It’s just that we’re probably going to need a 5.5m midfielder if we’re squeezing in the big guns, and he’s the lowliest to score points.

This is why I am thinking or dropping Salah. I won’t want to have an 11 with a 4.5 starting def and no bench, or going with the likes of Mitrovic/Neto/Unvar/Wissa from the start with no real idea about how their teams will do.

I think TAA, Diaz/Darwin and Robertson could be the way to go, at least until a clear option at those prices becomes obvious.

He doesn’t need to be amazing really. It’s just that we’re probably going to need a 5.5m midfielder if we’re squeezing in the big guns, and he’s the likeliest to score points.

Wolves only had 21 goals from open play last season, only bettering Burnley and Norwich. I honestly don’t think he is the answer.

This is why I am thinking or dropping Salah. I won’t want to have an 11 with a 4.5 starting def and no bench, or going with the likes of Mitrovic/Neto/Unvar/Wissa from the start with no real idea about how their teams will do.

I think TAA, Diaz/Darwin and Robertson could be the way to go, at least until a clear option at those prices becomes obvious.

When you have the likes of Tommy at Arsenal for 4.5m, I don't think it's that bad a choice is it?

Even Dunk at 4.5m could be shrewd with their defence and his propensity to score.

Thing with Salah is that he will be heavily owned and captained every week. You could easily ignore ownership and play your own game of course, but we are not talking about just any player here.

Salah is arguably the greatest FPL player of all time, so you are basically banking on the failure of a player who guarantees points. If he doesn't fail, which is very likely going by his record, then with his ownership, you will be on the backfoot right away.

When you have the likes of Tommy at Arsenal for 4.5m, I don't think it's that bad a choice is it?

Even Dunk at 4.5m could be shrewd with their defence and his propensity to score.

There could be one that becomes obvious, absolutely, but even Tommy isn’t very attacking, so you are relying on clean sheets. I wouldn’t fancy him as a starter when there are so many quality attacking fullbacks at great prices. Brighton have lost Bissouma and will probably lose Cucurella too.

I just think that if £13 million is going to have you starting Tommy and Mitrovic, it might not be worth it.

Someone here mentioned how Bruno was an option for some last year at £12 million. He had the most created chance in the league until March.

You have to believe that a Robertson/Bruno/Jesus combo could outscore a Salah/Mitrovic/Neto one. It depends on who your nailed on players are, but I think it’s possible to have 11 strong choices this year from the off.

If you’re going to bin off a premium surely Haaland is the one you sacrifice? Salah is just too proven.

Thing with Salah is that he will be heavily owned and captained every week. You could easily ignore ownership and play your own game of course, but we are not talking about just any player here.

Salah is arguably the greatest FPL player of all time, so you are basically banking on the failure of a player who guarantees points. If he doesn't fail, which is very likely going by his record, then with his ownership, you will be on the backfoot right away.

Yeah, it’s obviously a big risk to do it when ownership is so high. You basically have to nail your alternative Captain choices. But the points can definitely be made up. £13 million is a lot of money to spread around the team.

If you’re going to bin off a premium surely Haaland is the one you sacrifice? Salah is just too proven.

There are no guarantees, but you have to believe, based on his career so far, and the team he is going to, that he is going to score goals. He might even score an overwhelming amount of goals.

I would be very surprised if Haaland and Kane, for example, weren’t on par with Salah this season in terms of points scored.

If that £1.5m saved turns a Mitrovic into a Robertson, and a Walker into a Dias. It might be worth it.

Hello all, joined primarily for this thread. Here's my first draft:

Ederson (Dubravka)
Laporte, Cucurella, James, Robertson, Trippier
Bowen
, Guimares, Mahrez, Salah (Buendia)
Jesus (Broja, Johnson)

Hoping West Ham or someone else follow through on the Broja interest as 5.5 looks a decent price primarily for the bench.

Interested to know if there are any improvements?

Ederson
TAA James Trippier Cash
Salah Kulu Neto Mount
Haaland Jesus
Forster Andreas Williams Archer

pros
All nailed to start
Barring any injuries I can bank a transfer
Good balance with the two 8m mids and forward,
The most expensive player in each position

Cons
0 ITB
no easy way to upgrade Trippier or Cash when their fixtures swing

Hello all, joined primarily for this thread. Here's my first draft:

Ederson (Dubravka)
Laporte, Cucurella, James, Robertson, Trippier
Bowen
, Guimares, Mahrez, Salah (Buendia)
Jesus (Broja, Johnson)

Hoping West Ham or someone else follow through on the Broja interest as 5.5 looks a decent price primarily for the bench.

Interested to know if there are any improvements?
Would probably reduce the money on the bench and go more aggressive on the starting 11. Also going without Trent is a pretty bold move.