Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I have Walker who is equally nailed, costs £2m less and I do not want double defense. It will also allow me to take KDB or Bernardo in midfield.

Walker is definitely not equally nailed as Cancelo. Last season's playing time between them both confirms this + age + Pep's talk of Cancelo being the most natural fit player in the squad (hence not so prone to rotation). However yes, he's a cheap route into their defence, if he plays week in week out. Too afraid to go with Walker myself though, I just see rotation coming into the picture with City's new signing.

Walker is definitely not equally nailed as Cancelo. Last season's playing time between them both confirms this + age + Pep's talk of Cancelo being the most natural fit player in the squad (hence not so prone to rotation). However yes, he's a cheap route into their defence, if he plays week in week out. Too afraid to go with Walker myself though, I just see rotation coming into the picture with City's new signing.

They had Zinchenko last year. I don't think they have another player capable of playing full back other than Gomez who is young and coming from Belgium so Walker should be good for 33-34 games a season with the odd dropping to play Stones or Ake at full back. They are very short at full back.

Bottom line is even if Cancelo plays 2-3 games more than Walker, I'd want his attacking output over the course of season to be very significant to justify 2.0m. So far it seems like they'll be playing similar role as Cancelo appears less advanced than last season, and they both seem to occupy spaces of a defensive midfielder or close.

I'm going to have like 5-6m in the bank anyway so will be able to move between the two easily too. I just prefer to keep Walker for now to have that extra flexibility in midfield and attack.

But Dias is not necessarily safe neither? Soon Laporte will be back and Champions League will start.
At least Stones and Ake has been not so good as Dias, so that might save his ass (I'm a Dias+Cancelo owner myself btw, but considering transfering Dias out to get KdB)

Brighton does seem like this year's "Burnley" however. A bit of differential about their defenders currently. A shame Lamptey doesn't play, he'd be great pointswise.
It's not about safety, it's about attacking returns. If Cancelo stats don't improve, her is not worth the extra one million.

Think long term he might be safer for minutes. I also need differentials rather than more of the template.

Extra money in the bank will be handy as well.
Fair enough. Makes sense as you have used your WC and he is probably safer once Bamford comes back (he's been "coming back" for like an year now...).

Glad I didn't fall into the Bailey and Neto traps everyone was going on about on here. Bailey lost 0.3 in value and Neto 0.2

I've made a decent amount from the price rises of Martinelli, Saliba, Gross, Haaland and Jesus.

Still cant decide between Salah and Haaland as captain cos of Haaland rotation risk. Its going to go to the wire.

Which city midfielder is most likely to start? I brought in Rodrigo for rashers & saliba for patterson so far.

I'm quite tempted by a Robertson + Neto > Estupinan + Gundogan move (the latter being a one week punt). Seems a bit mad to move these two ahead of Newcastle and Bournemouth, but I'm not convinced Neto gets anything even if he does get the full 90.

Only worried about him bringing Haaland on for the last 5 minutes. Else I'm good with this choice.

Can’t see it being 5 mins, at that point it’s better to give him a full rest than bringing him on for a short burst.

I don't really buy the rotation talk with Haaland. Of course he'll be rested the odd game (and that may well be in one of the two PL games this week) but apart from that he will be starting most weeks. I suspect his rests will come around the 70 minute mark, at that point the games would be dead and he probably would've done a lot of the damage. I think Pep will be using Haaland as often as he can this autumn, simply because he will have 6 weeks off in 2 months' time.

Guy is a goal hungry beast leading the line for the most attacking team in the league. For me the armband will be on his most weeks as long as he is fit. Pure goalscoring wise he is no different to Ronaldo/Messi/Lewa and if any of those had spent their prime goalscoring years in the PL we would be captaining them every week without hesitation.

Can’t see it being 5 mins, at that point it’s better to give him a full rest than bringing him on for a short burst.

I don't really buy the rotation talk with Haaland. Of course he'll be rested the odd game (and that may well be in one of the two PL games this week) but apart from that he will be starting most weeks. I suspect his rests will come around the 70 minute mark, at that point the games would be dead and he probably would've done a lot of the damage. I think Pep will be using Haaland as often as he can this autumn, simply because he will have 6 weeks off in 2 months' time.

Guy is a goal hungry beast leading the line for the most attacking team in the league. For me the armband will be on his most weeks as long as he is fit. Pure goalscoring wise he is no different to Ronaldo/Messi/Lewa and if any of those had spent their prime goalscoring years in the PL we would be captaining them every week without hesitation.
Agree with these points. I think it's too early in the season to think about rest. But then it's pep who doesn't give a feck about logic.

I guess if we burn we burn. Jesus? Mohammed? It's time for the God of Asgard!

Can easily get dropped tomorrow. Hes a liability right now. Only good thing is Ake and Laporte are injured. I'm gonna sell him after the Forest game anyway.

He doesn't really have a backup though and even moving Stones to right back is tricky currently.

And again, even if 5.0m City defender gets occasional benching it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:
I have Jesus, Odegaard and Martinelli. I'm tempted to sub Martinelli out for Harrison and bring Saliba at some point soon for a defender. Is this pretty rational? I think i prefer to keep Odegaard and Leeds have a good run of fixtures.

He doesn't really have a backup though and even moving Stones to right back is tricky currently.

And again, even if 5.0m City defender gets occasional benching it's not the end of the world.
Lack of any attacking potential and rotation risk is enough for me to sell him when there's attacking options available at the price.

Ward
TAA Robertson James Perisic Saliba
Salah Kula Martinelli
Haaland (c) Jesus

Iversen
Bailey
Andreas
Archer

0m in the bank. Any obvious moves?
It’s pretty template. Im not a fan of two Leic goalies… didn’t do it though know a lot did.

An option could be Robertson to a Brentford/Brighton defender (playing well, good fixtures) and use funds to Martinelli to Saka. Arsenal fans think Saka found his feet last game and looks back to last seasons form (ish), you could get in early if that’s the case but it would be a gamble … or differential depending on your attitude to risk and whether playing catch up.

It’s pretty template. Im not a fan of two Leic goalies… didn’t do it though know a lot did.

An option could be Robertson to a Brentford/Brighton defender (playing well, good fixtures) and use funds to Martinelli to Saka. Arsenal fans think Saka found his feet last game and looks back to last seasons form (ish), you could get in early if that’s the case but it would be a gamble … or differential depending on your attitude to risk and whether playing catch up.

Yeah I really want Sanchez in for Ward and Trippier in for Robertson but I don't see that worth the -4 this week so thinking of rolling the transfer. The next upgrade then is Bailey to a Gross/Harrison type. That sound sensible?

I really really like Martinelli so don't think he'll b 1 I'd be removing

Yeah I really want Sanchez in for Ward and Trippier in for Robertson but I don't see that worth the -4 this week so thinking of rolling the transfer. The next upgrade then is Bailey to a Gross/Harrison type. That sound sensible?
Bailey to anyone looks sensible… until Slippy is sacked, when he might get some game time.

Just to double check to make sure, it's one free transfer per game week and not one per week? I'm thinking of saving this weeks free transfer and then having 2 free transfers for the weekend games considering my team has good fixtures for the midweek games.

Just to double check to make sure, it's one free transfer per game week and not one per week? I'm thinking of saving this weeks free transfer and then having 2 free transfers for the weekend games considering my team has good fixtures for the midweek games.
Per gameweek mate

Think I'll play it safe and go Jesus. Guaranteed to play and Villa are a bit of a mess right now. Haaland is a great shout but just worried that Pep might rotate him. Newcastle have looked decent so I'm leaning away from Salah. Feels like I have to go with Jesus for the midweek games.

It's not about safety, it's about attacking returns. If Cancelo stats don't improve, her is not worth the extra one million.
They had Zinchenko last year. I don't think they have another player capable of playing full back other than Gomez who is young and coming from Belgium so Walker should be good for 33-34 games a season with the odd dropping to play Stones or Ake at full back. They are very short at full back.

Bottom line is even if Cancelo plays 2-3 games more than Walker, I'd want his attacking output over the course of season to be very significant to justify 2.0m. So far it seems like they'll be playing similar role as Cancelo appears less advanced than last season, and they both seem to occupy spaces of a defensive midfielder or close.

I'm going to have like 5-6m in the bank anyway so will be able to move between the two easily too. I just prefer to keep Walker for now to have that extra flexibility in midfield and attack.

Good points from both of ya, I guess - each to their own on what fits their team the most. If I had Walker, I'd definitely would want an okay 4.5/4.6 backup though.

before arsenal are going to put the final nail in slippy's coffin?
Hope not, wife’s a Villa fan. Hoping he stays and gets them relegated.

No, because I think Saka is becoming more like 21/22 Saka and will see more involvement/points. Whereas Gross has hig involvement and their fixtures are great.

Arsenal play us soon. We’re going to batter them.. 5-0.

Hope not, wife’s a Villa fan. Hoping he stays and gets them relegated.
:lol:

I don't know, Saka looked better last game but Martinelli also looks very much on it, I don't think there will be a huge amount of difference between their points to justify the extra 2m.

Maybe Odegaard who's looking very sharp and doesn't cost much while delivering similar returns? Arteta was very appreciative of him today.