Fantasy Premier League 22/23

:lol: Not sure about knowledgable...

Firstly I think ASM has an injury I think so probably keep an eye on that. Best to ignore newcastle given they are away at Anfield. No idea what happened to Zina, so will have to check what Arteta says. Perisic I think should start again at WHU and probably be rested vs Fulham but 100% wait on what Conte says. If you think he's playing (think he plays 1 of next 2 either ways) keep him, he looked great value again with CS + assist potential and would have had an assist and 10+ points if Kane didn't miss the pen. Kulu is fine as well, he is heavily involved in their attack and will keep dropping returns steadily.

I think it comes down to Son and Mount (if all other players are fit/starting if not then just get the unavailable ones out first. If Zina is out then Walker/Cucurella are options). And out of those two, yeah Mount would have to go. He got subbed at HT last game. Maybe see what Tuchel says because Southampton is a good fixture and if you have other fires it's not impossible to keep him. But it's tricky and a lot of money on someone who's been blanking and might be dropped. Can get a City mid like Gundo/Bilva or a cheaper mid like Rodrigo.

Honestly that team is close to WC if you have that left as there might be a few injury issues/out of form players there.

Cheers lads
I think what Im going to do is leave it today - Mount will have a good game vs Southampton and then next week - Sterling in for Son. Frees up a couple of mill. Week after, Mount out for Diaz - use up 0.3 mil I think. Then - week after - barring values altering rapidly - I would do Bruno G out for Bernardo Silva. Im wary of City players because I think Pep loves a random rotation when you're not expecting it but as you note the five subs means most players will play a bit each week. That looks like a downgrade on paper - but give the way Mount is playing, and the change in system at Spurs and Son's lack of form - its a gamble but a calculated one. Sterlings reliable, and bernardo and Diaz for Mount/Bruno G is an upgrade so overall I think its a win but it'll take me 3 weeks and might not work if value changes.

I have an option to go from Martinelli to Odegaard in my draft team. Should I do that?

I can also do Kulu to Odegaard, but think having Martinelli and Odegaard is a bit risky.

I've had my best start to an FPL campaign and i am pretty sure it is all going to go to shit once my whole squad gets 10 minute cameo's. :lol:

Trippier worth holding against Liverpool for the easier fixtures coming up, or should I switch to Perisic for a higher risk/higher reward option?

Trippier worth holding against Liverpool for the easier fixtures coming up, or should I switch to Perisic for a higher risk/higher reward option?

Got to 100% hold Trippier for that run.

Got to 100% hold Trippier for that run.

Yeah that’s my instinct too. It doesn’t feel right, last week I swapped 4.5m strikers to use a transfer, this week I still don’t have anything obvious.

I think Arsenal are definitely one of the reasons for a strong template. The fact is their players are priced like top 6 assets but are currently playing like league winners. It won’t last but Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba etc are all leaving so much more room for spending in a lot of squads. Same goes for Diaz who has seemingly replaced Mane’s output for 4 million less.

Any consensus on the captaincy this week? Seems a really tough one.

Prob going with Jesus, Avl been terrible and Jesus was quiet last game. So it's time for him to score.
Haaland at home to Forest surely? Saying that, we all thought Salah and Haaland will score at home against Bournemouth and both blanked. :lol:

Captained Haaland every week so far and doing it again. Even if he gets a 20 minute cameo I'd be shocked if he doesn't score, Forest will have tired legs and they had a day's rest less than City.

Haaland at home to Forest surely? Saying that, we all thought Salah and Haaland will score at home against Bournemouth and both blanked. :lol:
Pep hinted before he might not start, due fixture congestion and they start with Alvarez or Mahrez.

Harrison in. Haaland captain. £3.2m in the bank.

Raya
Cucu James TAA Cancelo Saliba
Harrison Salah Martinelli
Haaland Jesus

Ward Andreas DaSilva Archer

Rashford to Rodrigo
Patterson to saliba
Foden to diaz
Pull the trigger ?
Current team
Sanchez ward
TAA cancelo James Patterson n williams
Salah rashford marti Andreas foden
Jesus haaland archer

Last edited:
Rashford to Rodrigo
Patterson to saliba
Foden to diaz
Pull the trigger ?
Current team
Sanchez ward
TAA cancelo James Patterson n williams
Salah rashford marti Andreas foden
Jesus haaland archer
I would do the first two but hold Foden for Forest then go to Diaz, don’t think it’s worth a -4

Dunk or Estupinan to replace Cancelo after this week? Think both should be nailed, Estupinan will play high but Dunk is a threat on corners and will get more bonus points.

Captained Haaland every week so far and doing it again. Even if he gets a 20 minute cameo I'd be shocked if he doesn't score, Forest will have tired legs and they had a day's rest less than City.
Only worried about him bringing Haaland on for the last 5 minutes. Else I'm good with this choice.

Sterling potentially could be a decent shout instead of Son et al - likely to bag a few goals for Chelsea

I wanted to make up for my red arrows this past week. Last night i was feeling brave and captained Jesus.
Rational thinking has prevailed, back to Haaland for captain, this gameweek

Maybe I'm overthinking this but, I'm still not sure that Jesus has solid chemistry with Arsenal. The match this past weekend vs Fulham, it didn't appear the Arsenal players were trying as hard to get the ball to Jesus. I need a few more weeks of seeing them play together before gambling on someone outside the template

Last edited:
Swapped out Eriksen and Zichenko (doubt) for Odegaard and Perisic. Decide to keep Salah on as he has a perfect record at Newcastle and his last game xg means it's a matter of time he will start banging in the goals. The only tough decision to make is whether to captain Salah or Haaland.

Neto & Walker out to Harrison & Dunk. Actually feels nice. Both Walker and Neto have been a disaster.

Needed to get Bailey out so went for Bilva.
Never know with City, bur after a slow start he's scored 2 in 2.

0.2m turn in value with Bailey now 4.7m and Bilva up to 6.9m.

Will give Rashy one more game and probably then move him to a GroB or Leeds player then.
Assuming Anthony doesn't come in at a generous 6.5m or under. But that'd be daft for a 85m player.

Needed to get Bailey out so went for Bilva.
Never know with City, bur after a slow start he's scored 2 in 2.

0.2m turn in value with Bailey now 4.7m and Bilva up to 6.9m.

Will give Rashy one more game and probably then move him to a GroB or Leeds player then.
Assuming Anthony doesn't come in at a generous 6.5m or under. But that'd be daft for a 85m player.
I thought about Gross and Harrison a lot and went for the latter. Mainly because I needed to downgrade a defender and Brighton defense is better than Leeds and both teams have good fixtures. I think Harrison and Gross should put up similar numbers.

Rodrigo is who I really wanted but am priced out. Hopefully his purple patch comes to an end soon.

Dunk or Estupinan to replace Cancelo after this week? Think both should be nailed, Estupinan will play high but Dunk is a threat on corners and will get more bonus points.

im curious, why do you wanna take Cancelo out? Only player who’s (sort of) guaranteed starts in the city-defende

If you listen to experts on Leeds, while Rodrigo is on a hot streak, Harrison is the better player and on corners and free kicks. But I have Rodrigo not Harrison so what do I know.
Ya he's great in their team but not sure if he's a better FpL option. Even got subbed last game while Rodrigo played the whole game so minutes wise not much there either.

im curious, why do you wanna take Cancelo out? Only player who’s (sort of) guaranteed starts in the city-defende
His attacking threat is what justified the premium price but his attacking stats have come down massively.

I still have him but am monitoring his output. If he's only getting CS points then might as well get Dias and save a milli.

I have Walker who is equally nailed, costs £2m less and I do not want double defense. It will also allow me to take KDB or Bernardo in midfield.

His attacking threat is what justified the premium price but his attacking stats have come down massively.

I still have him but am monitoring his output. If he's only getting CS points then might as well get Dias and save a milli.

But Dias is not necessarily safe neither? Soon Laporte will be back and Champions League will start.
At least Stones and Ake has been not so good as Dias, so that might save his ass (I'm a Dias+Cancelo owner myself btw, but considering transfering Dias out to get KdB)

Brighton does seem like this year's "Burnley" however. A bit of differential about their defenders currently. A shame Lamptey doesn't play, he'd be great pointswise.