Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Id roll a transfer, if not Bailly to Da Silva mate. Two Chelsea defender is abit risky too as they have been conceding.
Cheers, think I’m rolling.

Chelsea may be my blind spot. I didn’t think they’d miss Rudiger (don’t rate him) but they left their additions too late.

Now they’ve got them though and especially Fofana, I see attacking WBs again so James (and to an extent, Cucu) pushing up and getting involved higher up the pitch. Fofana should also bring some defensive improvements generally/more chance of clean sheets.

Cucu to Mee is an option?

Stuck on what transfers I should make, I have 2FT but only 0.1 IT

Raya
TAA Cancelo James Robertson
Salah Martinelli Andreas Kulu
Haaland Jesus

Thought long and hard about it and I completely agree with @Dirty Schwein 's point. Looks tasty for a game (and I still have a WC to get out of it) but for 3-4 GWs we'd be left scratching our heads on what will happen. Plus it's still a midfielder, not like he'll be involved in every City game. A lot got him for Palace based on his positioning and touches in the box and got burnt. There's a bald cnut out there who doesn't give a shit about form.

So I'm a little hesitant there. My main dilemma is whether to keep Kulu or get Diaz. Insanely tough that.

Fair point even though he did bag an assist coming on against Palace. Think it's been him and Harrison for me. Harrison is a lot less sexy but gives me less rotation stress and frees up the funds for a third striker. Am thinking Toney for GW6 and 7 before switching to Mitro.

I think Andreas is a perfectly fine backup and with 5 subs you would rarely have a 0 pointer in your main team. But I'd go between 1 and 3 there. Leeds have very good fixtures but obviously Liverpool is a far better team. I'm contemplating getting Diaz as well but he's not gonna score headers like he did vs Bournemouth every game. Still a great option no doubt. Rodrigo is playing up front and will most be likely involved if Leeds score. Tough one.

In terms of you are losing though, Bailey is easily the one to lose. He's not even starting, for a team that only created 0.30 xG vs.. a fecking shite west ham, at home. That's a dead asset right there, Rashford might get something and Leicester are absolutely feckall right now in defense. So that probably edges it towards 3 for me.
Ta. I got the Saliba price rise, but left the other decision to today.
Missed the Rodrigo change but sometimes if you have the bank you're better to wait.

Haaland or Salah captain then?
This strikes me as an all season question!

Can some kind individual remind me of the wildcard rules this season and when they expire?

This is my team with 1 FT
GK - Ederson with Ward on bench
DEF - Robbo, TAA, Cancelo, James, Schar
MID - Rodrigo, Martinelli, Salah with Andreas and Dasilva on bench
FWD - Jesus, Kane with Plange on bench

Have a few doubts.
1. Want to bring Haaland in and the best way to do that is remove Salah to Gros and Plange to Haaland. But want to wait for this midweek fixture and whether does Pep rotate Haaland. (not keen on -4 and can wait till Sunday to Make the double change by rolling the transfer this week)
2. Should I go Robbo to White/Veltman/Sanchez, Salah to Luis Diaz and Plange to Haaland (not very keen on -8)

I went Haaland but ive woke up this morning and I'm certain he gets rested!

He'll come on for 10 minutes

Came off for the last 10mins. That might mean he's rested already!
Also it'd be dim to rest him this early in the season in that form.

Came off for the last 10mins. That might mean he's rested already!
Also it'd be dim to rest him this early in the season in that form.

Fair argument but it's shit like this that makes me nervous.

I suppose Forest looking half decent might make Pep go strongest to start and then rotate.

Not even knee jerk but is anyone considering ditching Salah. I've been thinking for a few weeks of saving the 5m for Diaz. Would also enable a big upgrade upfront with Darwin or Kane coming in with Haaland and Jesus. Haaland pretty much a set and forget captain

Not even knee jerk but is anyone considering ditching Salah. I've been thinking for a few weeks of saving the 5m for Diaz. Would also enable a big upgrade upfront with Darwin or Kane coming in with Haaland and Jesus. Haaland pretty much a set and forget captain
You're going against a massive EO if you do that but moves like that can get you a really high rank... Or plummet. Depends on your appetite for risk.

Curious to know what happens in the following situation. Suppose I have Neto in my team and 3 Arsenal players. what happens if Neto signs for Arsenal?

Curious to know what happens in the following situation. Suppose I have Neto in my team and 3 Arsenal players. what happens if Neto signs for Arsenal?
Then you have 4 arse players but your next sub has to be to get them down to 3. Won't let you do anything else until you have.

He stays in as normal but you'll not be able to transfer another Arsenal player into your team.

You're going against a massive EO if you do that but moves like that can get you a really high rank... Or plummet. Depends on your appetite for risk.

Feel like I could do without the Salah v Haaland captaincy debate every week which isn't going well to date. Diaz and Darwin covers the Liverpool attack and allows to get depth in the squad with Archer upgraded. That or bring in Harry Kane who's nailed to play every minute and could outscore Salah this season.

Did similar last season after the African nations with KDB instead of Salah and it majorly helped my rank to finish really strongly

I am saving a transfer this week as I have to leave Toney at Palace on the bench even without making a move, then planning on moving Cancelo to Dunk and moving for a City midfielder. Probably Bernardo. Nottingham play Bournemouth at home next so it also looks like the game where I will finally have to start Neco.

It looks like I may constantly have a rotation of 15 good players and £5m+ in the bank for a few weeks. Sounds a bit silly but really I have nothing to spend money on and prefer flexibility rather than moving from Diaz to Salah.

So is Son gunna come good or was last season a freak? I've enough in the bank that I could straight swap for Salah, or just replace Neto and have 7.4 to spend on a replacement...

So is Son gunna come good or was last season a freak? I've enough in the bank that I could straight swap for Salah, or just replace Neto and have 7.4 to spend on a replacement...
I swapped him out, just can’t be waiting for him to hit form and lose more ground so went with hot players in Kane and Odegaard.

Think I’ll captain Kane this week over Haaland as he always seems to score against West Ham..

Fair point even though he did bag an assist coming on against Palace. Think it's been him and Harrison for me. Harrison is a lot less sexy but gives me less rotation stress and frees up the funds for a third striker. Am thinking Toney for GW6 and 7 before switching to Mitro.
Yeah I think there's a decent chance he starts this GW and does well, but with a transfer you need to think about the next 3-4 GWs at least and that's around the time I'm gonna WC as well so it's a bit risky and we could get stuck with someone who is not playing. Especially with Grealish likely back as well who adds to the whole equation. I'm sat here hoping Walker and Haaland don't get dropped and they are two of the more predictable picks in that team. :lol:

I have an outside thought of doing Toney to Alvarez and then moving that on to Mitro after a couple of GWs. If he starts one of the next two. Far far too spicy and likely to explode your asshole rather than your rank.

In all honesty, Son is a good player and FPL asset for years now. Over 3000 last two years and over 2000 for a few years before that.

The issue is last season saw his price go up which put him up against all the usual premiums and (I.m.o.) Spurs got Conte who plays a different style which doesn’t see Son all over the last 20 yards as often.

High price + more contained role = bin for me.
I watched them yesterday, Perisic playing on the same side will have some impact. Perisic seems to be like a leader in that team, as soon as he's open he gets the ball and is going to take it forward and likely going to cross for Kane (like the one that got him the penalty). Son is still getting chances and not able to finish them, but similar to Salah he's not getting those few extra touches before taking the shot with others seeing more of the ball.

There's also Richarlison coming on now who got an assist and seemed to be becoming a fan favorite as well. Their attack is getting trickier as opposed to the Kane and Son show now. It's doing my head in about whether to keep Kulu or not. Head says give him the Fulham game before getting rid but there's the likes of Diaz etc knocking on the door.

For this week, do you prefer Kulu vs WHU away or Diaz at home vs Newcastle?

I watched them yesterday, Perisic playing on the same side will have some impact. Perisic seems to be like a leader in that team, as soon as he's open he gets the ball and is going to take it forward and likely going to cross for Kane (like the one that got him the penalty). Son is still getting chances and not able to finish them, but similar to Salah he's not getting those few extra touches before taking the shot with others seeing more of the ball.

There's also Richarlison coming on now who got an assist and seemed to be becoming a fan favorite as well. Their attack is getting trickier as opposed to the Kane and Son show now. It's doing my head in about whether to keep Kulu or not. Head says give him the Fulham game before getting rid but there's the likes of Diaz etc knocking on the door.

For this week, do you prefer Kulu vs WHU away or Diaz at home vs Newcastle?
Diaz.

What should I do?

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, Walker, James
Salah, Diaz, Martinelli, Neto
Haaland, Jesus

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Archer

2 free transfers & 0.3 in the bank.

Thanks.
What should I do?

Ramsdale
Haaland, Jesus

Walker to Cucu? Cucu is more attacking and Chelsea is playing Southampton. I'm worried about Walker getting dropped after bring crap last couple of games and Gomez being an option. But then Cucu also has competition from Chilwell. Rest looks fine.

Is Cancelo out, Perisic in, a good swap?
Not before City is playing Forest at home, no. That's the kind of game Cancelo smashes 15 in.

What should I do?

Ramsdale
Haaland, Jesus

Walker could go if you have 2FT as there’s every chance he’ll be on the bench against Forest. I’m considering shipping him for Dalot also to bank some money for next moves - at 4.4 I think he can be great value for his offensive contribution and now our right flank much improved with Antony. But as always I don’t know if I’m not getting carried away as United fan and should go with Perisic/Cucu/Zinchenko :lol:

What should I do?

Ramsdale
Haaland, Jesus

Sell Neto

Maybe Eze or McAllister.

If doing two, Neto and Walker gets you Gross and a Brentford/Brighton defender?

(PS. Brownhill scored a couple yesterday. Last years Neto)

Thanks.

Walker to Cucu? Cucu is more attacking and Chelsea is playing Southampton. I'm worried about Walker getting dropped after bring crap last couple of games and Gomez being an option. But then Cucu also has competition from Chilwell. Rest looks fine.

Not before City is playing Forest at home, no. That's the kind of game Cancelo smashes 15 in.
Walker could go if you have 2FT as there’s every chance he’ll be on the bench against Forest. I’m considering shipping him for Dalot also to bank some money for next moves - at 4.4 I think he can be great value for his offensive contribution and now our right flank much improved with Antony. But as always I don’t know if I’m not getting carried away as United fan and should go with Perisic/Cucu/Zinchenko :lol:
Sell Neto

Maybe Eze or McAllister.

If doing two, Neto and Walker gets you Gross and a Brentford/Brighton defender?

(PS. Brownhill scored a couple yesterday. Last years Neto)
Thanks lads. Option 3 is where my head is at, just feel wrong dropping that useless Neto before Bournemouth and Walker before Forrest.

Might do Neto and Walker to Gross and Dalot.