Fantasy Premier League 22/23

So my current XI is

Sanchez with Ward on the bench

Dalot, TAA, Cancelo, Trippier with N. Williams on the bench

Salah, Bruno, Rashford, Bailey with Andreas on the bench

Haaland, Jesus with Surridge on the bench

I'm gonna get rid of Cancelo for Saliba. Should I bring in Gross, Rodrigo or Odegaard for Bailey? Either option will leave me with a bit in the bank to upgrade Surridge later.
Decided to replace Bailey with Rodrigo.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm doing Robbo to Saliba, as the latter is already on 3x2 bonus points already is a threat in the other box, and goes up 0.1m to 4.7m tonight.

That leaves 3 options in midfield.

1. Rashy to Diaz
  2. Bailey to Bilva
  3. Bailey to Rodrigo

What looks the best of those options?

Options 2 or 3 leave a strong back 5 still, plus 4 reasonable options in mid in Salah,Rashy, Martinelli and whoever I bring in.
Option 1 leaves a bare 3 in mid with Bailey and Andreas not providing much back up.

Option 1 allows playing all 4, and benching Trippier at Anfield
Option 2&3 i probably need to play him.

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @Moby @Dirty Schwein
and all the rest I usually link in

Last edited:
He's been contributing in the games he's started. And City have a decent run of fixtures coming up. He's a regular contributor.

No concerns at him only starting 2 of the 4, or there being more points hungry chaps in that lineup?

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm doing Robbo to Saliba, as the latter is already on 3x2 bonus points already is a threat in the other box, and goes up 0.1m to 4.7m tonight.

1. Rashy to Diaz
  2. Bailey to Bilva
  3. Bailey to Rodrigo

Options 2 or 3 leave a strong back 5 still, plus 4 reasonable options in mid in Salah,Rashy, Martinelli and whoever I bring in.
Option 1 leaves a bare 3 in mid with Bailey and Andreas not providing much back up.

Hurts looking for Liverpool players to play well but Diaz looks a player and gets involved in stuff.

Im getting absolutely justed this year. My midfield trio of Son, Kulusevski and Mount I thought would be league winning, but theyve been trash. The value dropping means I can't make a straight swap like Mount for Dias (been avoiding all bindippers but desperate times call for desperate measures) but I am already bottom of my money league with second bottom some 84 points ahead of me....I feel its game over already..

A break down of teams to date… possibly nothing new (especially if watch a bit) but may help some people.

At the bare minimum, it’s a reminder to not pick players from Bournemouth, Everton or named Neto.

“WOL - Neto was never going to be a sensible pick”

wait a week or two for the knives out on Neto I’d say. Even at 5.5 it’s hard to really get mad at that pick. Its not like he’s robbed us off affording other expensive/reliable players

Don't like the keeper or the bench options.
Can Meslier switch to Sanchez?

Or find a playing option instead of Bailey?
Keeper - no (to Sanchez) if only do one tfr as 0.1 more, but could go Raya, though not much in it? Raya only has 4 more

Next three games, Leeds have Ever/Brent/Forest (two at home) while Raya has Palace/Leeds/S’ton (two away)

Bench - went fodder at start as used budget on first eleven knowing I’d be WCing about seven weeks in. Bailey now £4.8m and not many options… Da Silva? (mehhh)

Think unless I include another existing player in a double transfer, bit limited until WC (which may do 7 or even 6).

Keeper - no (to Sanchez) if only do one tfr as 0.1 more, but could go Raya, though not much in it? Raya only has 4 more

Next three games, Leeds have Ever/Brent/Forest (two at home) while Raya has Palace/Leeds/S’ton (two away)

Bench - went fodder at start as used budget on first eleven knowing I’d be WCing about seven weeks in. Bailey now £4.8m and not many options… Da Silva? (mehhh)

Think unless I include another existing player in a double transfer, bit limited until WC (which may do 7 or even 6).

Leave it alone then and double up next week.

Fancy joining me in a cheeky Gundogan punt?
Thought long and hard about it and I completely agree with @Dirty Schwein 's point. Looks tasty for a game (and I still have a WC to get out of it) but for 3-4 GWs we'd be left scratching our heads on what will happen. Plus it's still a midfielder, not like he'll be involved in every City game. A lot got him for Palace based on his positioning and touches in the box and got burnt. There's a bald cnut out there who doesn't give a shit about form.

So I'm a little hesitant there. My main dilemma is whether to keep Kulu or get Diaz. Insanely tough that.

1. Rashy to Diaz
  2. Bailey to Bilva
  3. Bailey to Rodrigo

I think Andreas is a perfectly fine backup and with 5 subs you would rarely have a 0 pointer in your main team. But I'd go between 1 and 3 there. Leeds have very good fixtures but obviously Liverpool is a far better team. I'm contemplating getting Diaz as well but he's not gonna score headers like he did vs Bournemouth every game. Still a great option no doubt. Rodrigo is playing up front and will most be likely involved if Leeds score. Tough one.

In terms of you are losing though, Bailey is easily the one to lose. He's not even starting, for a team that only created 0.30 xG vs.. a fecking shite west ham, at home. That's a dead asset right there, Rashford might get something and Leicester are absolutely feckall right now in defense. So that probably edges it towards 3 for me.

A break down of teams to date… possibly nothing new (especially if watch a bit) but may help some people.

At the bare minimum, it’s a reminder to not pick players from Bournemouth, Everton or named Neto.

“WOL - Neto was never going to be a sensible pick”

Cheers.

Also anyone over 6ft is playing vs Bournemouth, you can put some money on them getting a hat trick.

Someone really explain me how Haaland failed to score against them? :lol:

I think Andreas is a perfectly fine backup and with 5 subs you would rarely have a 0 pointer in your main team. But I'd go between 1 and 3 there. Leeds have very good fixtures but obviously Liverpool is a far better team. I'm contemplating getting Diaz as well but he's not gonna score headers like he did vs Bournemouth every game. Still a great option no doubt. Rodrigo is playing up front and will most be likely involved if Leeds score. Tough one.

In terms of you are losing though, Bailey is easily the one to lose. He's not even starting, for a team that only created 0.30 xG vs.. a fecking shite west ham, at home. That's a dead asset right there, Rashford might get something and Leicester are absolutely feckall right now in defense. So that probably edges it towards 3 for me.
Not sure if Rashford is going to be a starter for us as soon as Martial is back to full fitness ? Antony, Martial and Sancho will be our go to front 3 I reckon.

Cheers.

Also anyone over 6ft is playing vs Bournemouth, you can put some money on them getting a hat trick.

Someone really explain me how Haaland failed to score against them? :lol:
Haaland and Salah both. :lol:

You sound knowledgeable. I'm stuck. Team is
Pope
Trent Martinez Zinchenko Perisic
Mount Son Kulusevski Martinelli
Haaland Jesus
Bench - Ward, Bruno Guimares, Patterson, Dervisoglu

No money left, Mount has been garbage all year, I'm worried about Zinchenko/Perisic game time and would like to get someone like Reece James in - also it feels like Bruno Guimares is a waste and I'd be better off with Saint Maximin - if I sell mount next week and Bruno G the week after for perhaps Odegaard/Gross/Rodrigo.
What do? I'm really in trouble with this team...stick with Mason and hope he turns it around?

Nothing screams “disaster“ so any alts are just going to be a matter of opinion.

Brighton defender?
Over who though? They are away to Fulham this week and I think they will concede as Fulham are pretty mental at home right now with a big feck off battering ram crushing players for fun up front.

Can't wait to see what new sorcery Potter comes up with to take him out of the game. Probably push the line high up the pitch to remove his aerial threat, but then some absolute random fullback ends up getting behind scoring so no one gets any FPL points anyway.

Back 4 is fine, Zinchenko was a surprise due to injury. Son and Mount have started the season badly, i would sub both of them out for inform players. Which two is down to you. Perisic looks solid and i wish i had him but i would fear his rotation going forward too. Its like this for everyone with 5 subs now too ao don't beat yourself up.

Last edited:
Madison to Bernardo to beat Madison's drop and Bernardo's rise?
Bernardo has impressed with every minute ive seen him play. Id bring him in if i felt the fixtures and time was right, but i have three Arsenal attackers, Haaland and two Liverpool attackers with favourable fixtures so im delaying any transfers for a gameweek.

Bernardo has impressed with every minute ive seen him play. Id bring him in if i felt the fixtures and time was right, but i have three Arsenal attackers, Haaland and two Liverpool attackers with favourable fixtures so im delaying any transfers for a gameweek.
I have two free transfers so it's use one or lose it.

You sound knowledgeable. I'm stuck. Team is
Pope
Trent Martinez Zinchenko Perisic
Mount Son Kulusevski Martinelli
Haaland Jesus
Bench - Ward, Bruno Guimares, Patterson, Dervisoglu

No money left, Mount has been garbage all year, I'm worried about Zinchenko/Perisic game time and would like to get someone like Reece James in - also it feels like Bruno Guimares is a waste and I'd be better off with Saint Maximin - if I sell mount next week and Bruno G the week after for perhaps Odegaard/Gross/Rodrigo.
What do? I'm really in trouble with this team...stick with Mason and hope he turns it around?
:lol: Not sure about knowledgable...

Firstly I think ASM has an injury I think so probably keep an eye on that. Best to ignore newcastle given they are away at Anfield. No idea what happened to Zina, so will have to check what Arteta says. Perisic I think should start again at WHU and probably be rested vs Fulham but 100% wait on what Conte says. If you think he's playing (think he plays 1 of next 2 either ways) keep him, he looked great value again with CS + assist potential and would have had an assist and 10+ points if Kane didn't miss the pen. Kulu is fine as well, he is heavily involved in their attack and will keep dropping returns steadily.

I think it comes down to Son and Mount (if all other players are fit/starting if not then just get the unavailable ones out first. If Zina is out then Walker/Cucurella are options). And out of those two, yeah Mount would have to go. He got subbed at HT last game. Maybe see what Tuchel says because Southampton is a good fixture and if you have other fires it's not impossible to keep him. But it's tricky and a lot of money on someone who's been blanking and might be dropped. Can get a City mid like Gundo/Bilva or a cheaper mid like Rodrigo.

Honestly that team is close to WC if you have that left as there might be a few injury issues/out of form players there.