Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Ruh-roh. With Burnley called off I lost Dennis, so I'm going to need both Reguilon and Livra to play to field a full 11. I've lost Dennis, Ronaldo, Cancelo and DeGea already, so just getting a full 11 would be Christmas miracle at this point.

Hoping that:
Ramsdale
Reguilon - Livra - TAA - Rudiger
Gallagher - Salah - Jota - ESR - Dougie Luiz
Antonio

Will get me through the weekend. Fingers crossed lads!

Not much you can do really bar avoiding doubling/tripling up on too many teams and making sure you have don't have non-playing squad players. If after that you still get stung with postponements it's just bad luck.

That's me down to 10 players now, assuming Ben Johnson hasn't miraculously recovered from his hamstring injury

My last two transfers in have been DDG and Bachman :lol:

I'm done with keepers now.

Oh shit. I just realised about Bachmann as well as Dennis. This has been a joke, my cup opponent…completely unaffected by any of this.

Not much you can do really bar avoiding doubling/tripling up on too many teams and making sure you have don't have non-playing squad players. If after that you still get stung with postponements it's just bad luck.
Aye, but the one saving grace that all of us FPL nutters should take solace in... the number of DGWs (double game weeks) coming up. For those of us who kept all or most of our chips (Bench Boosts, Triple Captains, Free Hits and Wildcards) - the opportunity is there to make an absolute killing later on.

And whisper it in hushed tones, but could we see a triple game week? Has that ever happened before? A team with a triple gameweek?

Aye, but the one saving grace that all of us FPL nutters should take solace in... the number of DGWs (double game weeks) coming up. For those of us who kept all or most of our chips (Bench Boosts, Triple Captains, Free Hits and Wildcards) - the opportunity is there to make an absolute killing later on.

And whisper it in hushed tones, but could we see a triple game week? Has that ever happened before? A team with a triple gameweek?

Yes. Happened to us last season.

Kicking myself for not following the crowd and getting Foden and Watkins in for a -4, to get points on the board ASAP after deadline. Day by day it is less likely games go ahead and more likely they need to be cancelled last minute due to all the testing.

You said the opposite.
Oh no, I'm talking about right before he missed the spurs game and another time when he missed a call game near the start of the season.

I've needed him three times and those are the three times he didn't play :lol:

There’s plenty of lessons I thought I had learnt, which I failed to apply in recent weeks, despite the rotten luck.
It depends, and despite some rotten luck for some of us, all might not be lost. Last year I learned that during COVID having dead spots (4.4 strikers, 3.8 defenders, etc.) was going to bite me in the arse if a COVID outbreak happened, and to save the chips for double gameweeks. I'm not feeling great about this week anymore, but I didn't take a hit, rolled a transfer, and still have all my chips and except for Cancelo - who was just suspended - I had a full 11 and a bench of starters. I still believe, everyone who held on to their chips is going to make some real noise going forward.

Oh shit. I just realised about Bachmann as well as Dennis. This has been a joke, my cup opponent…completely unaffected by any of this.

As i'm on -5 so far this week, with just 8 players left, I'm not even going to look at the cup :wenger:

As i'm on -5 so far this week, with just 8 players left, I'm not even going to look at the cup :wenger:

I am not giving up. Pukki comes in from my bench with 2. Opponent with no bench.

Still got little hope I think since Ramsdale, Bowen and Antonio can't all haul really.

Livramento start. It reduce my chances, but gives me bench cover at least.
If Jota or Salah could not play at all it would be nice. Or just Palace win big.

Last edited:
I am not giving up. Pukki comes in from my bench with 2. Opponent with no bench.

Still got little hope I think since Ramsdale, Bowen and Antonio can't all haul really.
Yeah, it's weird one in the cup. I've got (possibly) Rudiger, Reguilon and Jota against (possibly) James, Hojberg and Foden, so I'm admittedly in very poor shape. Also, this lady triple captained Salah, and I've only captained him. I'm on life support in the cup.

While we're all here - don't forget to vote for the RedCafe awards! The voting threads are here:

Part 1
Part 2

The voting template is at the start of each thread - but you don't need to vote in every category. If you don't want to spend much time on this, just vote for the ones you can think of right away and leave it at that. We'd basically just to love to get more votes and get results that are a bit more representative of the entire forum.

Thanks!

Ramsdale pen save 3 bonus. Antonio goal and 3 bonus. Bowen assist, clean sheet and 1 bonus. Make it happen.

1-0 to West Ham or 1-1 with own goal from someone random.

It depends, and despite some rotten luck for some of us, all might not be lost. Last year I learned that during COVID having dead spots (4.4 strikers, 3.8 defenders, etc.) was going to bite me in the arse if a COVID outbreak happened, and to save the chips for double gameweeks. I'm not feeling great about this week anymore, but I didn't take a hit, rolled a transfer, and still have all my chips and except for Cancelo - who was just suspended - I had a full 11 and a bench of starters. I still believe, everyone who held on to their chips is going to make some real noise going forward.
Sure, there’s still a long way to go, but much of it is about progress and momentum. I feel as if I have squandered a good opportunity. I was flying, up to 20k three weeks ago. After last night I fell out of the top 80k and it will be difficult to even stay there now this week. Frustratingly I’m someone who preaches the merits of having a full playing bench, but COVID and the snow completely fecked me.

Sure, there’s still a long way to go, but much of it is about progress and momentum. I feel as if I have squandered a good opportunity. I was flying, up to 20k three weeks ago. After last night I fell out of the top 80k and it will be difficult to even stay there now this week. Frustratingly I’m someone who preaches the merits of having a full playing bench, but COVID and the snow completely fecked me.
Fair play, top 20K is flying so close to the sun - that's exceptional just to be there. It all depends on your expectations, I suppose.

Oh bugger, I forgot about Dennis being in my team. I’d only just drafted him in.

My only available bench player is Saint Maximin. I don’t fancy my chances.

There’s plenty of lessons I thought I had learnt, which I failed to apply in recent weeks, despite the rotten luck.

My last five transfers in have all missed games with covid in the last 7 days. Absolutely nothing I could have known about it.

I think the thing is the incredible short notice in the cancellations…

If a team has a squad that’s available up until 2 hours before kick off, it seems like they could have enough players to get through the fixture. Obviously some gameweeks will benefit some teams more than others, but overall it’d balance itself out.

Cancelling games at a few hours notice, when the government is (inexplicably) allowing full capacity crowds into stadiums is a really odd situation.

Maybe they’d be better to just pause the league until the FA and the government have managed to put in place a sensible format.

Hwang off injured 12min in.
Ho hum.
Hoping to get into positive figures at some stage but am on -4 so far with 7 to play!

Thank you Hwang, brilliant contribution. You were one out of two differantials left in my head2head GW battle. Same goes for Bernardo.

I think the thing is the incredible short notice in the cancellations…

If a team has a squad that’s available up until 2 hours before kick off, it seems like they could have enough players to get through the fixture. Obviously some gameweeks will benefit some teams more than others, but overall it’d balance itself out.

Cancelling games at a few hours notice, when the government is (inexplicably) allowing full capacity crowds into stadiums is a really odd situation.

Maybe they’d be better to just pause the league until the FA and the government have managed to put in place a sensible format.

Really is a strange thing.

Broja sat first on my bench with a goal and an assist already. Surely in this of all weeks one of my starters won't feature.... :nervous: