Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Norwich v Utd game is under threat a little according to Dean Smith. They are waiting on covid results. It's very far from being called off at this point but one to keep an eye on. If that goes as well I could be looking at a minus 8 to minus 12.

This is worrying!!

Norwich v Utd game is under threat a little according to Dean Smith. They are waiting on covid results. It's very far from being called off at this point but one to keep an eye on. If that goes as well I could be looking at a minus 8 to minus 12.

Don’t tell me this as I’m about to transfer in Dalot :lol:

Don’t tell me this as I’m about to transfer in Dalot :lol:
Just had a look and Smith is mentioning a "couple" of players.
If a game with Man Utd was at risk of being called off it would be much bigger news, 1 day before!

I will probs still leave it until 5pm or so to do Reggy to Dalot though

Apprently ESR did train today. Some light at the end of the tunnel at least. I'm sticking with what I've got. Am very tempted to captain Ronaldo as well but I fear you know who.

Ramsdale / Foster
TAA Cancelo James Alonso Livra
Salah Jota Son Raphinha ESR
Antonio Toney Davis

Lots of issues so 2 free transfers made. Son and Toney out for Bowen and King. Doubts over ESR and Jota but think the former will play and Raph can cover the latter, Livra comes on if neither make it.

Exact money in the bank to make the moves of:
Alonso to Dalot
Davis to Ronaldo

Will have to be done tonight though. Going into next week with:

Ramsdale Foster
TAA Cancelo James Dalot Livra
Salah Jota Bowen Raphinha ESR
Ronaldo Antonio King

I've got three flags but will stick with things for now. Sounds like ESR's injury isn't serious and Jota may only miss a game or two. Ben Johnson is my other one, but with him being so cheap, I'll leave him in as an enabler for now.

I can't see the Norwich v United game being called off. No confirmed positives and certainly doesn't sound like it's ravaged them like it has Spurs.

I can't see the Norwich v United game being called off. No confirmed positives and certainly doesn't sound like it's ravaged them like it has Spurs.
I'm still not sure who had Covid for Spurs that meant their European tie was called off, I thought if you had XX, you had to play (the PL I think is up for discussion, no set min no of players).

If it was 3 reserves, 3 squad players and 2 FTers (and rest test negative), play it?

What are we doing with Jota? I'm definitely keeping him so it's. Either a start or a benching for Gallagher.

Definitely keeping Jota. If he's out my first sub is Ben White.

Yeah I we're reading way too much into Smith just saying they might have a few out with Covid.

What a crazy week. If I knew Jota would be a doubt I would probably not gone for Ronaldo.

Rather gone for better midfield, but Foden is also a doubt.

I need to start 2 out of Jota ESR and Gallagher. Also benching order is inportant. Any advice will be appreciated.

ESR. Palace are stuttering a bit and Vieira has been using Gallagher in a deeper role since McArthur got injured.
Unhelpful but I'm not sure on either. ESR is a doubt and Gallagher playing a bit deeper now. I'd keep them if I had both but not sure I'd bring either in with the like of Bowen and Bernardo better options though dearer

Thanks, that was my gut feeling anyway. Gallagher is feeling a bit pointless at 6 million. Far too many fires to fight to start worrying about that now though.

I need to start 2 out of Jota ESR and Gallagher. Also benching order is inportant. Any advice will be appreciated.
Similar predicament with White ESR and Jota. Think Jota plays or not at all and ESR is more at risk of a cameo. Going by that If I was you I'd bench between Gallagher and ESR. Think Arsenal if ESR starts has more potential for big haul. I'd bench Gallagher but he will prob come in anyway as 75% sure Jota is out.

Went for early transfers this week to get ahead of the price rises. Bad choice.

I have jota starting but if he doesn’t play I have Livra vs Ars (A) and Manquillo vs Lei (A) - who should be my first sub? For now I think livra is a better option against an under confident arsenal team

Good luck everyone!

Who do you guys fear the most?

I fear Bernardo Messi the most right now. Would have been able to get him if not for all the rises.
I can do a -4 to get him, but deep down I rate Jota higher when he plays.

Also I just know Mbeumo will score now after I sold him 2 gameweeks ago.

Good luck everyone!

Who do you guys fear the most?

I fear Bernardo Messi the most right now. Would have been able to get him if not for all the rises.
I can do a -4 to get him, but deep down I rate Jota higher when he plays.

Also I just know Mbeumo will score now after I sold him.
Don't fear Bernardo. His numbers have been average and wolves won't concede too many most likely.

Bowen is who I fear... I know not taking the hit to get him will bite me.

Don't fear Bernardo. His numbers have been average and wolves won't concede too many most likely.

Bowen is who I fear... I know not taking the hit to get him will bite me.

Bernardo been playing brilliantly though. Wolves can be hard, but still expect 2 goals from City.
If they do then right now Bernardo is highly likely to be involved.

KDB playing could change things for better or worse with Bernardo.

Although mostly fearing Bernardo since he will be the player with highest ownership I do not have and we know his quality.

I wildcarded! Either really stupid or genius with the 3 United players and Antonio, but only 2 playing on the bench

De Gea
Dalot - Alonso - James - Trent - Cancelo
Jota - Salah - Bernardo
- Brownhill - Mendy
Ronaldo - King - Antonio

6.20pm decided to play the Wildcard. Talk about a last minute scramble.

Covid affected bunch (Sanchez, Dier, Son) out, along with Vardy.

Ramsdale, Dalot, Jota and Ronaldo in.

All my slabbering about Son instead of Ronaldo and here we are :wenger: Blame Covid.

Also did Rudiger to James while I was at it. Wanted to keep Rudiger but I was trying to justify the wildcard.

One of the minor decisions was deciding between Dennis and King. Stuck with Dennis. Watford playing tonight, so that’ll be a bit of Friday night entertainment, as I likely watch King smash a few in…

Not totally happy, but that’s what happens when you leave yourself 10 mins to decide.

—————-Ramsdale
James - TAA - Cancelo - Dalot
——Salah - Bernardo - Jota
Ronaldo - Antonio - Dennis

Livramento bench, to cover Jota.

Last edited:
Squeaky bum time waiting for these Norwich test results, got Ronaldo and Fred in my first team… looks like there’s no more time for subs either…

I wildcarded!

Either really stupid or genius with the 3 United players and Antonio, but only 2 playing on the bench

De Gea
Dalot - Alonso - James - Trent - Cancelo
Jota - Salah - Bernardo - Brownhill - Mendy
Ronaldo - King - Antonio

Haha me too. And we just posted our teams at the same time.

Very similar. You want for King, which I just said I had to decide on :lol: I stuck with Dennis. Shoot-off tonight.

Did you give yourself more than 10 mins?

Last edited:
6.20pm decided to play the Wildcard. Talk about a last minute scramble.

Covid affected bunch (Sanchez, Dier, Son) outalong with Vardy.

Ramsdale, Dalot, Jota and Ronaldo in.

Also did Rudiger to James while I was at it.

One of the minor decisions was deciding between Dennis and King. Stuck with Dennis. Watford playing tonight, so that’ll be a bit of Friday night entertainment, as I likely watch King smash a few in.

Not totally happy, but that’s what happens when you leave yourself 10 mins to decide.

—————-Ramsdale
James - TAA - Cancelo - Dalot
——Salah - Bernardo - Jota
Ronaldo - Antonio - Dennis

Livramento benchto cover Jota.

Nice punt on Dalot. We will see if he is nailed or not. Might do Alonso to Dalot next week.