Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Yeah same. Defintely looking at a -4 this week though. If ESR is ok I'll upgrade one of my red flagged defenders. If not I'll swap him out for Bowen.

Edit: Just seen the ESR news above which sounds promising.
I've got Galllagher and Livramento on the bench so even if it was ESR and Jota out I wouldn't be majorly worried. Any more and I've got an issue though.

Ronaldo as captain vs Norwich?
I also will bench Reguilon and if Jota doesn’t play then will be replaced by coady vs City!
As bench is Bissouma, Reguilon and Coady.

Already made -4

Would you guys do a -4 to take Jota out with this team?

B48-BD2-F3-EB91-4413-A2-F2-DB4-FAE176865.jpg

I've got Galllagher and Livramento on the bench so even if it was ESR and Jota out I wouldn't be majorly worried. Any more and I've got an issue though.

I think I'm gonna bring Dalot in for Duffy for -4, as long as our game is not gonna be cancelled. Probably start this..

Sa
James Dalot Cancelo TAA
Gallagher Jota ESR Salah
King Ronaldo

Subs : Steer, Watkins, Allan, Williams

Fully expect to get Watkins off the bench and more than likely Allan as well.

Difficult stuff this week.
Jota being a huge doubt means I'm scraping a bare 11 out including Brownhill and no bench :wenger:. Plus Hwang and Raph with difficult games.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Salah Raph Townsend Brownhill
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore what we doing here then?

Think there's 2 scenarios really.

Dalot in for Reguillon seems a decent move for -4? Not usually a fan of hits at all, let alone for defenders, but with all the scenarios @TMDaines suggests on the previous page, Tottenham might be a bit of a nightmare until their doubles kick in way into 2022.
Plus it opens up 0.8m to sort stuff out elsewhere the next game week.
We also have no guarantee Dalot stays in for long.

Alternatively Jota to B Silva who is in big form and they have a great run of games. Banks 0.3m too which will help elsewhere.
The higher ceiling gain.
Jota "could" still play though, whereas Reggy won't.

Would you guys do a -4 to take Jota out with this team?

B48-BD2-F3-EB91-4413-A2-F2-DB4-FAE176865.jpg
Probably not. Your bench isn't great this week though, so I'd maybe still start him. I'd probably have Brownhill instead of Hwang second sub.

You may well be forced into hits anyway in future weeks as Cancelo, Gallagher and Brownhill are all on four yellows.

This is my Wildcard team:

Ramsdale
James trent white cancelo
Salah Bernardo gallagher Maddison
Dennis ronaldo

Bench: Toney/ smith rowe /manquillo

Please advise.

Jota being a huge doubt means I'm scraping a bare 11 out including Brownhill and no bench :wenger:. Plus Hwang and Raph with difficult games.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore what we doing here then?

Dalot in for Reguillon seems a decent move for -4? Not usually a fan of hits at all, let alone for defenders, but with all the scenarios @TMDaines suggests on the previous page, Tottenham might be a bit of a nightmare until their doubles kick in way into 2022.

Alternatively Jota to B Silva who is in big form and they have a great run of games. Banks 0.3m too which will help elsewhere.
The higher ceiling gain.
It's a tough call mate. I'm at:

Ramsdale
TAA, James, Cancelo
Raphinha, Jota, Salah, Gallagher
Antonio, King, Ronaldo

Subs: Foster, Livramento, Brownhill, Duffy

I'm hesitant to sell Jota as its only a knock and he could be a great asset for when Salah and Mane go AFCON and there's always a chance he plays.

Dalot in for Duffy (and taking a hit) for me is the most realistic option as Dalot can be held until he loses his place but I can ignore the hit and just rely on Livramento...

For you, I think option 1 is more sensible.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

The higher ceiling gain.
Reggie to Dalot. Keep Jota for the long haul.

I have both Jota and ESR… currently I’ve put ESR in as Arteta is apparently optimistic he might return. Hope that works out…

Ronaldo as captain as it stands too, keep it that way and Salah will probably bag a hatrick.

Making up for an awful week last week, 35 points I think I got… and I had Fred on the last place on the bench and he got double digits. :(

Why does Foden always seem to be permanently yellow flagged?

If Jota hasn't trained all week it sounds like the best he can do is a cameo off the bench. Not sure he's worth keeping in your playing 11 then.

Probably not. Your bench isn't great this week though, so I'd maybe still start him. I'd probably have Brownhill instead of Hwang second sub.

You may well be forced into hits anyway in future weeks as Cancelo, Gallagher and Brownhill are all on four yellows.
Yeah good point that. In a run when we might have to genuinely take hits, taking luxury hits isn't the best. I'll hold.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

The higher ceiling gain.
I did Dalot for Reguilon for a hit this week, with a stronger bench and didn't need the funds either. Maybe there is a better defender for you to get who is more nailed for the weeks to come. I know you have Ramsdale, but Gabriel, Tomiyasu and White are considerations. I'd probably play Jota, then have Brownhill first sub and Hwang second.

Why does Foden always seem to be permanently yellow flagged?

If Jota hasn't trained all week it sounds like the best he can do is a cameo off the bench. Not sure he's worth keeping in your playing 11 then.
It all depends on your options. I'd have Bowen, King, Mbeumo, Dennis and Dalot ahead of him, but would still put him in front of the likes of Brownhill, Gilmour and Hwang.

Norwich v Utd game is under threat a little according to Dean Smith. They are waiting on covid results. It's very far from being called off at this point but one to keep an eye on. If that goes as well I could be looking at a minus 8 to minus 12.

Norwich v Utd game is under threat a little according to Dean Smith. They are waiting on covid results. It's very far from being called off at this point but one to keep an eye on. If that goes as well I could be looking at a minus 8 to minus 12.
It's a bit different to Spurs though, as Norwich were doing PCR tests as some players felt ill, not because they had already failed lateral flows.

God the domino effect in full force.

Livra my only bench option this gameweek to cover for any injuries. Bissouma and Duffy.

Ever since I went template and copied everyone I've been dropping in the rankings. Think I might just ignore reddit, the experts and this thread for a few weeks to see if I improve on my own judgement calls :nervous::wenger:

It all depends on your options. I'd have Bowen, King, Mbeumo, Dennis and Dalot ahead of him, but would still put him in front of the likes of Brownhill, Gilmour and Hwang.

True. I'd be going Raphinha ahead of him. Or I could take a hit and do Raphinha to Bowen.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

The higher ceiling gain.

Well I don't think Jota will play this weekend personally but I do want to keep him. If you do also then Reguillon > someone else makes more sense.

I've done Dalot in for Duffy just now after King in for ASM earlier in the week. Still starting 2 flagged players :nervous:

Last edited:
Jota giving me a headache.

I was just thinking on taking a hit for Raphinha to Bowen as I think I want that move for the mid-term but feels wrong doing it with Jota missing and my only playing bench player being Livra. I can do Duffy to Dalot or Jota to Bilva/Bowen etc. which I dont want to do as I feel Jota is still a good hold.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Ronaldo Hwang Antonio

No game Reguillon
Suspended Duffy
Injured Foster
Massive doubt Jota

The higher ceiling gain.
No tfrs or cash?

I was just thinking on taking a hit for Raphinha to Bowen as I think I want that move for the mid-term but feels wrong doing it with Jota missing and my only playing bench player being Livra. I can do Duffy to Dalot or Jota to Bilva/Bowen etc. which I dont want to do as I feel Jota is still a good hold.
“Klopp says Jota felt something against Wolves and hasn't trained all week but could train today”

I'm starting to wonder if Raphinha away to Chelsea is a bad fixture for him. Chelsea been all over the place in recent weeks, Bamford is back, and Raphinha has the ability to tear Alonso a new one

I'm starting to wonder if Raphinha away to Chelsea is a bad fixture for him. Chelsea been all over the place in recent weeks, Bamford is back, and Raphinha has the ability to tear Alonso a new one
Without Kalvin Phillips Leeds don't have a hope of getting out of their half. Can see them getting demolished.

I'm starting him and if he misses out I will get Jiminez off the bench as long as he doesn't come on as sub. Sounds like he plays or he misses out altogether though to me.

This is my Wildcard team:

Ramsdale
James trent white cancelo
Salah Bernardo gallagher Maddison
Dennis ronaldo

Bench: Toney/ smith rowe /manquillo

Please advise.
The thing is there are some players that are must haves (and you do) and the rest are opinions.

You cover the main three teams with your defence. You’ve got six ‘ok’ players, you could consider upgrading one or two and having one or two fodder?

Holding Jota. Kane to Ronaldo with 1FT. No hits.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James Alonso
Salah Jota Bernardo Gallagher
Antonio Ronaldo

Foster Livramento Hwang Brownhill

Good luck all.

Tempted to do Jota > Mount for a -4.

Chances are that if Jota has niggles/carrying an injury they’ll rest him as Liverpool really need him fit when Salah + Mane are away at AFCON.

Ronadlo or Salah captain dudes? Heart says Ronadlo wil go to town on Norwich, we owe a team a hiding again soon. head says don’t get fancy and always captain Salah.
I'm going Big Ron.
Was going to do it last week but bottled out so he gets it this week.

Ta all. Looks like Reguillon out is the move then.
That at least leaves Jota as a possibility this week, and Brownhill back to the bench where he belongs.