Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Well that’s no help… I need you/someone to pick two so I have someone to blame if they’re wrong :)
I picked Isak!

Gut feeling on ESR/Rogers would probably be Rogers as Watkins won't keep missing sitters and Leicester have conceded more chances than anyone else.

There, now you can blame me :p

Is putting the captain on Palmer instead of Haaland too impulsive?

Palmer vs Haaland Captaincy thoughts?

- Palmer is at home to a disjointed Palace defence (I think they'll get it together when their signings bed in, but Chelsea play them at the right time).
- Haaland is an XG magnet but he's away from home. West Ham aren't superb so far but I would think Lopategui keeps it tight. On the flip side if he starts Todibo, AWB etc. then he's basically fielding a defence that needs to get used to each other and Haaland can feed off it.

I'm going against my rule of not captaining a player who had high scoring previous week, unless it's Haaland.

But for me, Palmer has higher chance to score and assist in this week then Haaland. Lopetegui will try to keep it tight at the back, where Palace does not seem to have found their dfensive rhythm just yet, and Chelsea seems like the team that want to score a goal plus. Chelsea have a great H2H vs Palace as well.

Good luck to everyone.

Palmer vs Haaland Captaincy thoughts?

- Palmer is at home to a disjointed Palace defence (I think they'll get it together when their signings bed in, but Chelsea play them at the right time).
- Haaland is an XG magnet but he's away from home. West Ham aren't superb so far but I would think Lopategui keeps it tight. On the flip side if he starts Todibo, AWB etc. then he's basically fielding a defence that needs to get used to each other and Haaland can feed off it.

Haaland ahead on 2 of predicted points I sometimes look at, Palmer the other. They're free ones and can be rubbish. :lol:

6.63 vs 6.58 on Check the chance to Haaland
7.45 v 5.32 on fpl.team to Haaland
5.4 v 4.6 on fplform to Palmer (seems low and I've found it to be very poor)

Edit: They give it Haaland here too, 6.5 v 5.1 - https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/blog-index/fpl-gameweek-3-captaincy-2024/

I've only got Haaland of the 2 so easy choice for me.

Last edited:
I’ve got both Haaland and Palmer but I’m sticking with Haaland for the captaincy.

Haaland ahead on 2 of predicted points I sometimes look at, Palmer the other. They're free ones and can be rubbish. :lol:

6.63 vs 6.58 on Check the chance to Haaland
7.45 v 5.32 on fpl.team to Haaland
5.4 v 4.6 on fplform to Palmer (seems low and I've found it to be very poor)

Edit: They give it Haaland here too, 6.5 v 5.1 - https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/blog-index/fpl-gameweek-3-captaincy-2024/

I've only got Haaland of the 2 so easy choice for me.
Thanks mate, I've played a safer choice on Haaland.

But for how long? Calafiori will make that spot his i feel later in the season.

Hard to say, I was thinking he (Calafiori) was bought as more of a central defender although he is versatile. 29 CB v 6 LB appearances last season, his final 9 starts of 22/23 there too. Would have assumed that's the timeframe Arsenal would have been watching him most.

Otherwise I'm not sure why Zinchenko is still there.

Yeah, I misunderstood your post. I didn't think he was coming back this early either.

Seen above he started in the week as well which I missed. Saying that, you wouldn't be confident of a Brighton keeper getting a points haul today.

I've just switched them for next week via a transfer so expect to see Verbruggen go off injured 5 minutes in here.

Why oh why did I pick no Arsenal defenders? 5 halves of football and no goals let in. I know the answer but still! Wanted attacking returns. TAA, Porro and Gvardiol's end of season form from last season.

So many cleanies from last year and am revisiting the shots on target conceded stats now. Only 83. City on 109, Liverpool 147, then a few teams in the 150s/160s.

In a league of their own.

Why oh why did I pick no Arsenal defenders? 5 halves of football and no goals let in. I know the answer but still! Wanted attacking returns. TAA, Porro and Gvardiol's end of season form from last season.

So many cleanies from last year and am revisiting the shots on target conceded stats now. Only 83. City on 109, Liverpool 147, then a few teams in the 150s/160s.

In a league of their own.
The North London derby is usually a pretty high scoring affair and that's next up for them. Then City away.

I'm banking on them conceding in those games otherwise I'll definitely be feeling a bit silly not getting them in early.

Edit: inspired jinx @Chipper :lol:

Like with Isak week 1, a real reducer on a star attacker when their team go down to 10.
Saka with an assist at least.

Just wondering does Saka haul enough at his price point over a Palmer, Salah etc.
Havertz might be the better Arsenal coverage.

The North London derby is usually a pretty high scoring affair and that's next up for them. Then City away.

I'm banking on them conceding in those games otherwise I'll definitely be feeling a bit silly not getting them in early.

Edit: inspired jinx @Chipper :lol:

There we go!

Shame I benched Joao though. :lol: Can't have it all.

Pedro on the bench hurts :(

Aye, saw a streamer in the last few minutes before deadline and like me had Joao Pedro, Porro and Robinson in the squad.

I thought it was between Joao and Robinson to bench, he had Joao starting and was deliberating whether to bench Porro or Robinson. Would never have occurred to me to bench Porro and I think that's what he did in the end.

Aye, saw a streamer in the last few minutes before deadline and like me had Joao Pedro, Porro and Robinson in the squad.

I thought it was between Joao and Robinson to bench, he had Joao starting and was deliberating whether to bench Porro or Robinson. Would never have occurred to me to bench Porro and I think that's what he did in the end.
I don't have João Pedro but there's no way I'd have started him going into this game if I did. He's failed to register a goal or assist against Arsenal in 5 attempts and been on the losing side every time. Plus, despite his goal against us, he's been playing deeper than he was last season - practically in midfield a lot of the time.

Shows what I know!