Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Yeah last chance saloon for Newcastle this weekend. Will be dumping Isak on a wildcard in International break I think.

Team this week is

Henderson
Hall Gabriel Robinson (Maz) (HB)
Jota Son Bruno Rogers (Bergval)
Haaland (c) Havertz Isak

Bolded are ones I will probably keep although Havertz & Gabriel could also go depending on team structure and whether I want Saka and a different Arsenal defender.
I think your team looks good. I can't see why you'd want to use your WC with this squad. All your starters bar Hall are still good picks and you'll have no problems doing a week for week transition from this to accomodate the upcomming fixture swings. I'd defo save it for later, when European football has started to take it's toll and squad surgery might be more pressing.

I'm not sure if I like this move. Porro has tough fixtures coming up and Madueke is just too kneejerky for me. Eze has looked really good, is on pens and set pieces and has been really unlucky not to return yet. With Mateta back in biz as a 90 minutes man I think removing Eze is a bit premature. Madueke scored a hattrick from three half chances and his minutes is anything but secure. Last season he scored 5 in 23 games and Chelsea literally has 6 good wide options (Nkunku, Mudryk, Felix, Maueke, Palmer, Neto) who will all have to share those minutes. That Wolves game was a fluke game (How often will Chelsea score 6 goals from 2,04 xG) and at best we should keep a closer look at the Chelsea assets. I understand that you want to get better value for your 5M defender than what Munoz has provided though, Palace has looked shaky in the back so far.
Basically it all rested on Munoz who has been very meh thus far. I think Madueke will get the game time and he seems like a Maresca type player. Would be surprised if he didn't play against Palace which I think Chelsea will win and they have decent run of fixtures. Hoping I can save two/three transfers and then rejig the squad again.

Hi lads, I had to use my WC this week. Fortunately, I transferred in some players (Jackson, Faes, Wissa, Rogers) early this week before their price rise. Any suggestions on how to improve this team would be much appreciated.

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol Porro Konsa Mazraoui Faes
Luis Diaz Saka Palmer Smith Rowe Rogers
Wissa Jackson Haaland

I tried to get Havertz into this team but just short of 0,1 to make that happen.
Looks decent, but there is a couple of things I would think about.

Wissa: We don't know how the Toney saga ends yet. If he stays, he'll seriously damage Wissa as a pick.
Jackson: Got minutes in the 60's in both of the first 2 games, Chelsea trying to sign Toney which would make Jackson number 2 up top instantly.
Luiz Diaz: I don't trust his minutes and think Jota is a better pick. Think all the 7,5s at Liverpool would be good picks if they were nailed, but they're not, so....

You could do Wissa+Jackson+Mazraoui to Aina (or any 4,0 or your choice) + a 5,5 forward of your choice (Pedro or Larsen) + Havertz.
That'd give you a better 11 and decent enough backup. I think both Pedro and Larsen are better picks than Wissa and can rotate nicely with Rogers/ESR, Maz has little to no goalthreat and we don't still look shaky in the back and Havertz almost looks like a season keeper when playing #9.

Just faffing with my WC that has no Salah or Haaland.

Defenders will all be 4.5 , maybe throw in the likes of Kilman, Aint-Nouri, Robinson types.

Mid and attackers will have Son, Saka, Palmer, Bruno, Isak and Watkins as the main stays and then rotate or transfer in a mid and attacker.

Plenty of penalty takers there.

I will see how much money I have left for those spots.

At the moment I have ESR and Havertz

Looks great. The only obvious weakness is lack of Arsenal defence. Maybe keep an eye on the Walker situation and if he goes swap Maz and Gvardiol to Lewis and Saliba/Gabriel?
Thanks mate. Didn't replace Gvardiol with Saliba/Gabriel because Arsenals next two fixtures are a bit tough. Cheers for the Lewis tip :)

Looks decent, but there is a couple of things I would think about.

Wissa: We don't know how the Toney saga ends yet. If he stays, he'll seriously damage Wissa as a pick.
Jackson: Got minutes in the 60's in both of the first 2 games, Chelsea trying to sign Toney which would make Jackson number 2 up top instantly.
Luiz Diaz: I don't trust his minutes and think Jota is a better pick. Think all the 7,5s at Liverpool would be good picks if they were nailed, but they're not, so....

You could do Wissa+Jackson+Mazraoui to Aina (or any 4,0 or your choice) + a 5,5 forward of your choice (Pedro or Larsen) + Havertz.
That'd give you a better 11 and decent enough backup. I think both Pedro and Larsen are better picks than Wissa and can rotate nicely with Rogers/ESR, Maz has little to no goalthreat and we don't still look shaky in the back and Havertz almost looks like a season keeper when playing #9.
Really good suggestions, thanks mate. Fall short by 0,1 to make this happen because Jota costs 0,1 more than Luis Diaz :(

I think your team looks good. I can't see why you'd want to use your WC with this squad. All your starters bar Hall are still good picks and you'll have no problems doing a week for week transition from this to accomodate the upcomming fixture swings. I'd defo save it for later, when European football has started to take it's toll and squad surgery might be more pressing.

Oh I'm definitely not this week and was only considering it on the International Break but we all know that can change with one great week. Yeah there's certainly the players in there who can haul so just got to hope the likes of Bruno or Isak go off this weekend.

Wildcarded.

Raya
Lewis - Robinson - Konsa
Saka - Palmer - Rogers - ESR - Mbuemo
Haaland - Watkins

Turner, Pedro, Faes, Van den berg

With a view to do Watkins and Mbuemo to Jebbison and Salah next week, (got 0.1m spare to do that incase any price changes).

Any opinions? I know the defense is weak, banking on Lewis starting a lot tbh. Robinson will move on for VDV or Mazraoui when fixtures pick up for them. Got Arsenal/City defensive coverage, and all the big hitter attackers bar Bruno/Son who are a bit inconsistent anyway.

I'm an Idiot who never learns therefore I'm also on a WC already :lol:
But have to say I'm really happy with my current Draft, looks awesome IMO as I'm able to field
Arsenal Defence, Saka, Salah, Palmer and Haaland.

Raya
Mazraoui Nedeljkovic Colwill
Salah Saka Palmer Smith-Rowe Rogers
Haaland Pedro

Slicker, Lewis, Archer, Faes

0.0 itb. Keeping an eye on the Walker/Lewis Situation.
If Walker stays, than I will swap Lewis to some other 4.5 defender. Or maybe even give Mykolenko a go as I'm sure Everton will improve defensively.

Looks like Cash will avoid a pricedrop this week, which mean I will avoid taking a hit this week and assess again during the international break.

Team going into this GW:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Robinson (Faes, Cash)
Salah, Eze, Bailey, Rogers, Semenyo
Haaland(C), Isak, Muniz

0,9M ITB

Who do I bench between Rogers, Semenyo and Muniz this GW?
We’re very similar. You went the same way as me on Semenyo (who looks a bargain in Solanke’s absence).

I’d be tempted to start Semenyo over Rogers as he’s got the data behind him. Rogers also has plenty of games to then impress with Wolves, Everton and Ipswich after. Then Semenyo can be a week. 6 or 7 option.

Essentially if you’ve brought him in you may aswell use him on his better fixture then go to Rogers and back.

We’re very similar. You went the same way as me on Semenyo (who looks a bargain in Solanke’s absence).

I’d be tempted to start Semenyo over Rogers as he’s got the data behind him. Rogers also has plenty of games to then impress with Wolves, Everton and Ipswich after. Then Semenyo can be a week. 6 or 7 option.

Essentially if you’ve brought him in you may aswell use him on his better fixture then go to Rogers and back.

Thought Bournemouth splashed the cash on a new striker, Evanilson?

Semenyo still a handy player, mind you. Emerged last season as better 4.5 pick than Cameron Archer and is capable of scoring points playing on the wing or when he deputises up front.

Thought Bournemouth splashed the cash on a new striker, Evanilson?

Semenyo still a handy player, mind you. Emerged last season as better 4.5 pick than Cameron Archer and is capable of scoring points playing on the wing or when he deputises up front.
He (Semenyo) was rested for the EFL cup game along with Evanilson.

Both should start with Semenyo as RW. Either way he’s been a clear goal and assist threat, has had big chances and lots of shots too.

Rogers has been better on the ball but you don’t get points for that.

Again as cheap punts go he’s also enabled me to get in Raya for the long run so I’m happy to gamble on Semenyo
Wildcarded.

Raya
Lewis - Robinson - Konsa
Haaland - Watkins

With a view to do Watkins and Mbuemo to Jebbison and Salah next week, (got 0.1m spare to do that incase any price changes).

Any opinions? I know the defense is weak, banking on Lewis starting a lot tbh. Robinson will move on for VDV or Mazraoui when fixtures pick up for them. Got Arsenal/City defensive coverage, and all the big hitter attackers bar Bruno/Son who are a bit inconsistent anyway.
if you’re wildcarding why are you planning a -4 minimum the next week? Surely just do it now?

He (Semenyo) was rested for the EFL cup game along with Evanilson.

Both should start with Semenyo as RW. Either way he’s been a clear goal and assist threat, has had big chances and lots of shots too.

Rogers has been better on the ball but you don’t get points for that.

Sorry mate, might have misinterpreted what you said.

When you spoke about Semenyo looking a bargain in Solanke's absence I read that as though you thought he was now their main striker, perhaps unaware that they'd bought Evanilson.

Semenyo is looking good, agreed.

Sorry mate, might have misinterpreted what you said.

When you spoke about Semenyo looking a bargain in Solanke's absence I read that as though you thought he was now their main striker, perhaps unaware that they'd bought Evanilson.

Semenyo is looking good, agreed.
Ohh makes more sense. No I mean he played well at CF but ignoring that he’s still got into good attacking positions last game too.

0.33 xG and 1.13 xA just from that match alone at RW against Newcastle and Everton haven’t got their fully fit defence.

At his price I think it’s good value for what it enables me to do at GK (afford Raya) whilst also leaving £0.5m in the bank.

Longer term I’ll probably go safer once I wildcard but I’ll always follow the data over eye test.

For example this is Muniz Heatmap.

He’s not scored yet but he’s getting good chances and he’s consistently in the right places. So even if he looked like dropping in value I’ll keep him.

Again as cheap punts go he’s also enabled me to get in Raya for the long run so I’m happy to gamble on Semenyo

if you’re wildcarding why are you planning a -4 minimum the next week? Surely just do it now?

I guess it's a question on if I think Mbuemo and Watkins will get 4 more points than Salah and Pedro this week. They defo have the fixtures for it, but you never know with Salah..

Unfortunately it looks like Cash will drop tonight or tomorrow after all. I'll take the hit to save the 0,1, but I think the 4,5 and down market is tough right now. I can't go for another Villa defender because that will block my road to Watkins. Who do I go for (I already have Robinson)?

Ajer at Brentford tops the predicted points for the next 4GWs for non Villa defenders, but I think 4,5 is pricey for a piece of a shaky Brentford defense.
Sepp VdB is interesting at 4,0, but it would be nice to know if he'll be a starter anytime soon. Probably worth the risk as a benchman for the price.
Mosquera at Wolves (4,0) is also a good option, but will be sitting firmly on my bench til GW10 at least.

I guess it's a question on if I think Mbuemo and Watkins will get 4 more points than Salah and Pedro this week. They defo have the fixtures for it, but you never know with Salah..
Watkins has good fixtures going forward, but you know Mbeumo has City and Spurs away in GW4 and 5?

Salah has NFO and Bournemouth at home in those two fixtures and he loves playing us.
Joao Pedro has a tough fixture this week, but Arsenal is due to concede one. He has Ipswich and NFO at home in GW4 and 5.

Salah and Joao Pedro will be super potent in GW4 and 5

Predicted points the next three GWs(FFhub):

Salah (23,1) + Pedro (14,6) = 37,7 total

Watkins (16,2) + Mbeumo (14,2) =30,4 total

Your call.

Think I'll go differential and bench Rogers (everyone has him now). It'll be a gamble either way.

Wildcarded.

Raya
Lewis - Robinson - Konsa
Haaland - Watkins

Sorry. Replied to a later post from you, and this added some context to that.

The expected points for the same players this GW alone:
Salah (7,1) + Pedro (4,3) = 11,4 total
Watkins (5,2) + Mbeumo (5,4) =10,6 total

Why not save the transfers next week?

Regarding the defense:
That's the cost for getting the attackers you want I guess. Premium defenders has paid off so far this season, but having Haaland, Salah, Saka and Palmer (and Raya) in your team certainly looks tempting as well.
If you hit with your budget defense options you could be flying with this team.

I’m rolling my transfer again so I’ll have 3 over the international break.

Reason: don’t know what transfer to make.

Rashford gets 1 final shot. He’s a big game player so hoping he can leave my team with a goal.

Sorry. Replied to a later post from you, and this added some context to that.

The expected points for the same players this GW alone:
Salah (7,1) + Pedro (4,3) = 11,4 total
Watkins (5,2) + Mbeumo (5,4) =10,6 total

Why not save the transfers next week?

Regarding the defense:
That's the cost for getting the attackers you want I guess. Premium defenders has paid off so far this season, but having Haaland, Salah, Saka and Palmer (and Raya) in your team certainly looks tempting as well.
If you hit with your budget defense options you could be flying with this team.

Nice one mate appreciate it! Yh i'll think about the Mbuemo etc part.

Just fancy having some Brentford attack coverage tbh, not even that fussed by Watkins really.

How do you all think the Chiesa transfer will affect the Liverpool 7,5 picks?
It'll be interesting to see.

Kind of happy with my squad, certainly not unhappy enough to WC and I used both by free transfers so far. Nothing really worth a -4 right now as I see it. Monitoring a few things.

Flekken, Valdmarisson
TAA, Gvardiol, Porro, Robinson, Barco
Saka, Eze, ESR, Jota, Winks
Haaland, Isak, Joao Pedro

£1m ITB.

Brought Robinson in after GW1 for Quansah, ESR this week for Nkunku, thought they were necessary. Timed the price drops/rises nicely.

Eze has fallen now, but Chelsea (A) don't look great at the back and he has Leicester (H) after the international break. No returns from those games I'll have to consider moving him on. 2 more weeks from him at least.

The longer Rico Lewis starts for City the less appealing Gvardiol is. Gvardiol the one to stay back, and I could switch to Lewis or bring in Saliba if fearful of pep roulette moving forward. Gvardiol obviously will pick up clean sheets anyway so not a huge deal.

Couple of tough games for Porro upcoming in terms of clean sheets but nice fixtures after that. Always an attacking threat. Happy enough with him more long-term.

Only just brought him in but ESR seems like a bit of a punt. Second guessing that one and if I should have gone Gibbs-White for the sensible long term option. Got to give ESR a chance though.

Slightly worried for Jota, but only for one fixture - Forest (H) after the internationals. With Darwin banned for Uruguay he could get the nod instead.

Isak / Newcastle as a whole need to get into gear. The most concerning right now but with Watkins not firing and Solanke injured not sure where I'd go.

No major surgery required, just little things I can look out for.

Last edited:
I’m rolling my transfer again so I’ll have 3 over the international break.

Reason: don’t know what transfer to make.

Rashford gets 1 final shot. He’s a big game player so hoping he can leave my team with a goal.
Same here... I'm just stuck with Murphy, Son, Isak and Pope so four players (and Van de Ven on my bench) in one game, don't really like that.

Can't accomodate Watkins instead of Isak and would have to take out Son for Palmer and burn another transfer (Murphy to a pointless 4.5 midfielder) to get the budget in, so don't think it's worth it.

Just gotta pray to the punting Gods that Palmer doesn't explode this weekend and then we're good to go after the international break with 3 transfers ITB.

Kind of happy with my squad, certainly not unhappy enough to WC and I used both by free transfers so far. Nothing really worth a -4 right now as I see it. Monitoring a few things.

Flekken, Valdmarisson

Brought Robinson in after GW1 for Quansah, ESR this week for Nkunku, thought they were necessary. Timed the price drops/rises nicely.

Eze has fallen now, but Chelsea (A) don't look great at the back and he has Leicester (H) after the international break. No returns from those games I'll have to consider moving him on. 2 more weeks from him at least.

The longer Rico Lewis starts for City the less appealing Gvardiol is. Gvardiol the one to stay back, and I could switch to Lewis or bring in Saliba if fearful of pep roulette moving forward. Gvardiol obviously will pick up clean sheets anyway so not a huge deal.

Couple of tough games for Porro upcoming in terms of clean sheets but nice fixtures after that. Always an attacking threat. Happy enough with him more long-term.

Only just brought him in but ESR seems like a bit of a punt. Second guessing that one and if I should have gone Gibbs-White for the sensible long term option. Got to give ESR a chance though.

Slightly worried for Jota, but only for one fixture - Forest (H) after the internationals. With Darwin banned for Uruguay he could get the nod instead.

Isak / Newcastle as a whole need to get into gear.

Looks good! No need to take hits to get Barco out with the defensive cover you have. I think Jota still starts, but with Chiesa comming in there will be 5 players fighting for 2 spots in that Liverpool attack. Looks like Salah, TAA and Robbo will be their main picks not long from now. I like ESR better than MGW. I went Nkunku -> Semenyo myself, but that was also partly because I already own 2 fulham players and a tripple up there doesn't seem the right play.

Final look at WC... Can go from:

Henderson
TAA
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, ESR, Garnacho
Isak
, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Harwood-Bellis

To this squad (plus 0.2 in the bank):

Sels
Gabriel,
Porro, Maza
Saka, Palmer, ESR, Jota
Joao Pedro
, Haaland, Solanke

Is that worth it or should I hold off longer in people's opinions?

I'm leaning on holding off.

Think I'll go differential and bench Rogers (everyone has him now). It'll be a gamble either way.
Yeah that’s where my head landed.

Either way a gamble but one has better data regardless of position they played. So I’ll just blame data if it ends up being wrong.

I don’t think it’s a sensible gamble.

Add into that possible price rises too I think if I’m wildcarding this week I’m not doing it for 1 week punts that I have to -4 to get who I am actually doing the wildcard for.

This early in the season I don’t know why you’d take that risk?

I’d be 100% going Salah + Pedro knowing in the long run I’ve made the right decision and bought at better value.
Unfortunately it looks like Cash will drop tonight or tomorrow after all. I'll take the hit to save the 0,1, but I think the 4,5 and down market is tough right now. I can't go for another Villa defender because that will block my road to Watkins. Who do I go for (I already have Robinson)?

Ajer at Brentford tops the predicted points for the next 4GWs for non Villa defenders, but I think 4,5 is pricey for a piece of a shaky Brentford defense.
Sepp VdB is interesting at 4,0, but it would be nice to know if he'll be a starter anytime soon. Probably worth the risk as a benchman for the price.
Mosquera at Wolves (4,0) is also a good option, but will be sitting firmly on my bench til GW10 at least.
Kadioglu might be a good option if you don’t plan on playing him this GW. But he’s a gamble.

Flekken, Valdmarisson

£1m ITB.

Isak / Newcastle as a whole need to get into gear. The most concerning right now but with Watkins not firing and Solanke injured not sure where I'd go.

ESR is a great short term option (which is why I got him in early) but I do think MGW is the better safe choice over a season.

I’ll be tempted when I wildcard to see between the two who is better.

I’ve stuck with Saliba because he played every minute last season in the best defence. I don’t see any of the signings made threatening his minutes.

I don’t see Slot changing a winning team. Nunez will get cup games and Jota will eventually get an injury.

Isak is the only player I’m not getting value from right now so if he’s blanking again I’ll consider making bigger changes to afford Salah in. I’ll treat Trent as a premium midfielder Salah as my striker and make the changes needed to afford both.

Likely be Isak + Jota = Salah +???

Henderson
TAA
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, ESR, Garnacho
Isak
, Haaland, Solanke

Sels
Gabriel,
Porro, Maza
Saka, Palmer, ESR, Jota
Joao Pedro
, Haaland, Solanke

Would you not want Salah on the wildcard for the longer term?

Like what’s the long term plan for that team (then I can give you a better idea)

Henderson
TAA
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, ESR, Garnacho
Isak
, Haaland, Solanke

Sels
Gabriel,
Porro, Maza
Saka, Palmer, ESR, Jota
Joao Pedro
, Haaland, Solanke

Haaland, Robinson and Rogers out.
Salah, Lewis and Jackson in.

I'm fully invested in no-haaland and I think more players need to take the jump.

Jackson a bit risky but has 5 solid games ahead so worth the risk.

Which defender(s) should I transfer Muñoz out for? Got 5.5 itb and I don't want Porro. The balance is currently a bit off with me playing a 4.0 defender every week.

Already got:
Pop
Alexander Arnold - Bednarek/Johnson/Barco - Muñoz