Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Haaland, Robinson and Rogers out.
Salah, Lewis and Jackson in.

I'm fully invested in no-haaland and I think more players need to take the jump.

Jackson a bit risky but has 5 solid games ahead so worth the risk.
If no Haaland then I’d be wanting the best possible midfield.

What does yours look like?

Which defender(s) should I transfer Muñoz out for? Got 5.5 itb and I don't want Porro. The balance is currently a bit off with me playing a 4.0 defender every week.

Already got:
Pop
Alexander Arnold - Bednarek/Johnson/Barco - Muñoz
I’m not sure where the best value is there.

Everyone a gamble. Dias probably your safest City defender but I’d be more tempted to buy Porro as the better upside.

Villa have a good run of games coming up so Konsa not a bad option.

Could the £4.5m gamble give you more money for a better midfield?

Would you not want Salah on the wildcard for the longer term?

Like what’s the long term plan for that team (then I can give you a better idea)
I'm not that fussed about him. Whilst a very good player, Salah & Haaland just eat up too much budget. I think a Jota+Palmer (£18m approx) fur example is better than a Salah+ESR (£18m approx).

But if I hold on to the WC, I guess I can gather more information. Ideally I want to wait out until GW6 to pull the trigger as there is a huge fixture saying from that week.

Done this -4: Henderson, Bruno, Isak > Raya, Palmer, Joao Pedro.

Raya
TAA - Porro - Konsa
Palmer - Saka - Jota - ESR - Rogers
Haaland (C) - Wood

4.0 - Pedro - Mazraoui - Bellis​

Annoying how slow the price changes have been. Desperately need a few of these to rise tonight so those that WC after the deadline tomorrow can't ride on a massive price rise wave.

Who we all captaining? Palmer for me.
Team Palmer checking in
If no Haaland then I’d be wanting the best possible midfield.

What does yours look like?
A solid defence is the foundation with players mostly from top 6. Clean sheet is an easy 6 points.

I've got Palmer, Jota, Salah, Rogers, Mitoma with 1.5ITB.
I mean that's quite a statement after he just bagged a hat trick.
A hat trick and 4 goals in total but still only getting 0.8 points value per million spent.

The captain is the differential as it becomes 1.6 points per million spent.

But for the price of a Haaland + Rogers, I can have a Salah + Jota. A risk I'm willing to take. Plus midfielders get more returns for goals, assists and cleansheets than what a striker can earn. So I don't even need the same returns as haaland to score same points if that makes sense.

I'm not that fussed about him. Whilst a very good player, Salah & Haaland just eat up too much budget. I think a Jota+Palmer (£18m approx) fur example is better than a Salah+ESR (£18m approx).

But if I hold on to the WC, I guess I can gather more information. Ideally I want to wait out until GW6 to pull the trigger as there is a huge fixture saying from that week.
It’s better if Jota is fit and starting.

It’s Salah’s last season at Liverpool though…

Team Palmer checking in

A solid defence is the foundation with players mostly from top 6. Clean sheet is an easy 6 points.

A hat trick and 4 goals in total but still only getting 0.8 points value per million spent.

But for the price of a Haaland + Rogers, I can have a Salah + Jota. A risk I'm willing to take. Plus midfielders get more returns for goals, assists and cleansheets than what a striker can earn. So I don't even need the same returns as haaland to score same points if that makes sense.
It’s a very good midfield and obviously lots in the bank to keep you flexible.

If no Haaland would you be tempted by Foden or De Brunye?

I do get the logic I just think he’s the closest thing to a return per week you’ll get.

It’s better if Jota is fit and starting.

It’s Salah’s last season at Liverpool though…
I can easily do something like:

Flekken
Gabriel, Porro, Mazza
Saka, Salah, ESR, Amad
Haaland, João Pedro, Solanke

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Hardwood

(£0.6m in the bank).

But that feels worse for me for the upcoming week so I might just hold off one more week.

The 12% of teams that have him really scare me.

Not sure how I’ll ever cover those 4 points from 2 games.
Ok. Most dedicated managers have him. 0,5 million managers has brought him in this week despite only 4 points in the first 2 games. Here's why:

He's looked like Villa's best player in the first two games, finally has a good fixture(s), plays 2nd striker/#10 and 90 minutes every week and had 3 goals/2 assists in 4,5 preseason games.
I won't be very surprised if he starts returning now that Villa's fixtures are getting better. Could potentially be a Palmer 23/24 light this season.

Some might find marginal benching headaches interesting, even if you don't, but thanks for the contribution.

Ok. Most dedicated managers have him. 0,5 million managers has brought him in this week despite only 4 points in the first 2 games. Here's why:

He's looked like Villa's best player in the first two games, finally has a good fixture(s), plays 2nd striker/#10 and 90 minutes every week and had 3 goals/2 assists in 4,5 preseason games.
I won't be very surprised if he starts returning now that Villa's fixtures are getting better. Could potentially be a Palmer 23/24 light this season.

Some might find marginal benching headaches interesting, even if you don't, but thanks for the contribution.

Dedicated managers? oh dear.

Most wouldn’t take a -4 so early but there you are.

I’ve been playing for 10+ years and fairly happy with my very slow start of 144 points. I’m just not in a rush to join the 12% of Rogers owners, but of course I’ll keep it in review. Especially when I have 3 free transfers from tomorrow.

I’m not sure where the best value is there.

Everyone a gamble. Dias probably your safest City defender but I’d be more tempted to buy Porro as the better upside.

Villa have a good run of games coming up so Konsa not a bad option.

Could the £4.5m gamble give you more money for a better midfield?
Villa is tempting and Digne is someone I've considered. Owning Konsa is a boring but safe pick. Minutes and performance is a bit of a worry when CL kicks in.

Haaland, Robinson and Rogers out.
Salah, Lewis and Jackson in.

I'm fully invested in no-haaland and I think more players need to take the jump.

Jackson a bit risky but has 5 solid games ahead so worth the risk.
Why do people need to take that jump? Isn't it great that we have so many good pics this season and that there's more than one template?
I wouldn't touch Rogers though: nailed 5,0M #10/2nd striker for a top 6 team with the best fixture run in the league comming.
Regarding Lewis: If Walker gets sold today, then Lewis becomes interesting. Robinson has a great fixture tomorrow and has plenty of endproduct though.

Probably gonna save 3 FTs then wildcard next week

Dedicated managers? oh dear.

Most wouldn’t take a -4 so early but there you are.

I’ve been playing for 10+ years and fairly happy with my very slow start of 144 points. I’m just not in a rush to join the 12% of Rogers owners, but of course I’ll keep it in review. Especially when I have 3 free transfers from tomorrow.
There's a difference between managers who logs on once a week and managers who spends a lot of time on the game. If you look at the top 100k-200k managers every season vs. the rest you'll see that ownership of certain players differenciate a lot. Rogers is in a lot of "dedicated manager's" drafts going forward, and is being talked about a lot as this seasons standout enabler.
You'll have plenty of time to jump on that bandwagon later, because he's only 5,1 and will be cheap the entire season. I like getting in on possible gems early though.

Back to the initial question:
Who'd you bench of Muniz, Semenyo and Rogers this week?

Team Palmer checking in

WE RIDE

There's a difference between managers who logs on once a week and managers who spends a lot of time on the game. If you look at the top 100k-200k managers every season vs. the rest you'll see that ownership of certain players differenciate a lot. Rogers is in a lot of "dedicated manager's" drafts going forward, and is being talked about a lot as this seasons standout enabler.
You'll have plenty of time to jump on that bandwagon later, because he's only 5,1 and will be cheap the entire season. I like getting in on possible gems early though.

Back to the initial question:
Who'd you bench of Muniz, Semenyo and Rogers this week?

He’s had 1 single price rise. It’s not a bandwagon yet as only 12% of teams have him. He may well become an enabler as people chop and change but I don’t feel the need yet as fairly happy with the team I selected before the game started. Amad was my early season enabler pick.

Flekken
Gabriel, Porro, Mazza
Saka, Salah, ESR, Amad

(£0.6m in the bank).

But that feels worse for me for the upcoming week so I might just hold off one more week.
Yeah I’d just hold, get more info and see how the international break goes.

Also worth pointing out everyone around that price point is a gamble and you don’t expect returns from them you hope for them. You expect returns from anyone £7m+.

I personally find those smaller selections interesting because they do pay off if you get them correct. Palmer a great example last year. I lost my mini league because I didn’t trust him enough to gamble early.

Villa is tempting and Digne is someone I've considered. Owning Konsa is a boring but safe pick. Minutes and performance is a bit of a worry when CL kicks in.
Maatsen I think is being slowly integrated into the side so I’d be careful with Digne.

The plus side with him though is because he’ll get subbed off in game if he gets to 60mins without conceding you get the clean sheet.
He’s had 1 single price rise. It’s not a bandwagon yet as only 12% of teams have him. He may well become an enabler as people chop and change but I don’t feel the need yet as fairly happy with the team I selected before the game started. Amad was my early season enabler pick.
I think the point here is that there are more casual players than ones that pay incredibly close attention.

For example we have a casual player in our mini league who is currently top on 173 points but I fully expect them to start to struggle as the game goes on and they don’t pay attention to the finer details.

Amad was a lovely early season pick but as Garnacho comes back to fitness it remains to be seen how long you could keep him without him losing minutes. Each to their own of course but many managers don’t like to take hits if they can avoid it and want a good long term team option. Rogers doesn’t look under threat of losing his place.

Flekken
Gabriel, Porro, Mazza
Saka, Salah, ESR, Amad

(£0.6m in the bank).

Good team. Personally I would rather play Rogers vs. Leicester and Robinson vs. Ipswich than Amad vs. Liverpool and Mazza vs. Liverpool, but that's just me being greedy for points. Can't see us keeping a clean on Sunday and think Villas fixture is a lot better than ours.

I'm going to get absolutely fecked this week:

Sanchez
Porro Mazza Livramento
Gordon Jota Bruno De Bruyne Madueke
Isak Haaland

Subs: Areola Faes Archer Barco

Lots of players playing against one another. I was tempted to do a wildcard because I want to change up the team as well but there's international duty coming up and that always brings injuries.

Not looking forward to this GW at all. Bruno and Dalot playing against Jota and TAA. Eze and Munoz against Chelsea. don't have any Villa players either. currently, I have 1 free transfer but I'm inclined to hold off until after the break. probably going to be another red arrow. tough start to my season.

Not looking forward to this GW at all. Bruno and Dalot playing against Jota and TAA. Eze and Munoz against Chelsea. don't have any Villa players either. currently, I have 1 free transfer but I'm inclined to hold off until after the break. probably going to be another red arrow. tough start to my season.
I'm expecting a bit of a tough one as well. The fixtures aren't exactly awful on paper, but 13 out of 15 players are away from home this weekend. I'll just have to remind myself that it's all part of the plan on Sunday night if it ends up a bit rubbish!

Plus with a Liverpool triple, if my FPL team bombs at least there's a good chance I'll be very happy about that anyway :lol:

It’s a very good midfield and obviously lots in the bank to keep you flexible.

If no Haaland would you be tempted by Foden or De Brunye?

I do get the logic I just think he’s the closest thing to a return per week you’ll get.
Not really tempted by any city players at the moment to be honest. I have two defenders which is suffice for the time being.

I think I need to be open minded about potentially getting Haaland down the line too but for now I'm quite content with my team.

Why do people need to take that jump? Isn't it great that we have so many good pics this season and that there's more than one template?
I wouldn't touch Rogers though: nailed 5,0M #10/2nd striker for a top 6 team with the best fixture run in the league comming.
Regarding Lewis: If Walker gets sold today, then Lewis becomes interesting. Robinson has a great fixture tomorrow and has plenty of endproduct though.

Nobody has to take the jump, you're taking me too literally. But Haaland is owned by 60% of teams so going without is going against the grain. It is much better and more enjoyable to see a greater variety in teams compared to past seasons however. And it's nice to be able to have the debate too.

I think you're right there about Lewis. I've got quite a strong defence as is so I'm not too dependant on Lewis. Will monitor his minutes for now. If he does keep playing he is excellent value.

Final look at WC... Can go from:

Henderson
TAA
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, ESR, Garnacho
Isak
, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Harwood-Bellis

To this squad (plus 0.2 in the bank):

Sels
Gabriel,
Porro, Maza
Saka, Palmer, ESR, Jota
Joao Pedro
, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Harwood-Bellis

Is that worth it or should I hold off longer in people's opinions?

I'm leaning on holding off.
The second team is better than the first, for this gameweek at least, but im not sure if its worth using the WC for it. Id do Rogers to Garnacho but only because im assuming we are going to be low scoring (like usual). Rogers has looked good and Villa have a good fixture.
If you've got him, you kinda have to don't you. I've already been ruing going without him but I'm bought into this tactic now and too stubborn to change
I have Haaland. He has bagged three goals in total away to West Ham in two fixures. Buuutt im really tempted by Saka this week at home to Brighton, but I'll probably bottle it and go safe with Haaland.

Anyone think a Jamie Vardy party at home to a Villa defense that will push on, could be a better/nicer bet than Jota?

I know a lot have Jota and will say no, but United have to be better at home and I already have Salah, feel like I am betting too much on that game and I don’t like it.

Anyone think a Jamie Vardy party at home to a Villa defense that will push on, could be a better/nicer bet than Jota?

I know a lot have Jota and will say no, but United have to be better at home and I already have Salah, feel like I am betting too much on that game and I don’t like it.
I'm staying clear of Vardy as he won't last the full 90 and he's in a low scoring team. But if you already have him in your team then go for it. I predict the Liverpool game will be a cagey, low scoring match.

I'm staying clear of Vardy as he won't last the full 90 and he's in a low scoring team. But if you already have him in your team then go for it. I predict the Liverpool game will be a cagey, low scoring match.

I might, as I do fancy Leicester to score and he will be on pens.

Playing around with a no Haaland, no Salah WC draft purely as an experiment. Just seeing what would be possible but have no intnetion of using WC right now. Quite liking this as far as that would go right this second, would be a fun squad to have with lots of options currently. So much flexibility in terms of starting XI.
ROT2c39.png

Would only ever dream of such a thing if 3 good strikers were bang in form, which they're not.

Formula:
3 of Mateta, Watkins, Isak, Jackson, Solanke at any given time
TAA and Saliba locked all season barring injuries
Early-ish punts on Rogers (keep long term), Lewis & Nedeljkovic to see if it could catch price rises
Bowen and Mbeumo as 2 solid reliable sub premium middies, other options Eze, Gibbs-White, Maddison etc. would be priced out of Jota by 0.1 currently but that could be rectified by Robinson > 4.5 DEF
Fixture hunt/form hunt with 2 of Palmer, Saka, Son, De Bruyne, Bruno for the other midfield spots, transfer in and out as required

Last edited:
WC finalised:

Raya
Mazraoui Nedeljkovic Robinson
Salah Saka Palmer(C) ESR Rogers
Haaland Pedro

Begovic, Archer, Faes, Graeves

0.3idb

Really happy with that. Good luck all!

I’ve got 2 free transfers, is it worth bringing in Madueke and Roger’s for Garnacho and ESW? or should i let it roll over again or potentially WC next week?

Used a transfer on Nkunku to ESR but holding the other freebie.

One last go for Rashy and then 2 freebies over the internationals to see if I need to change the emphasis round a bit.

Sanchez
TAA Saliba Konsa
Saka Rashy ESR Jota
Haaland (c) Isak Wood

Hendo, Maz, Winks, Barco

I’ve got 2 free transfers, is it worth bringing in Madueke and Roger’s for Garnacho and ESW? or should i let it roll over again or potentially WC next week?
Not sure who ESW is do you mean ESR? If so not sure why you'd take him out as he has Ipswich.

I'd prob leave alone this late and look forward to a big spruce up over the ints.

Not sure who ESW is do you mean ESR? If so not sure why you'd take him out as he has Ipswich.

I'd prob leave alone this late and look forward to a big spruce up over the ints.

Yep, ESR, that’s the one! :lol:

Aye you’re right, just feel the need to tinker but that’s probably because I haven’t made any changes yet and most of my team has aways this week. I want a Chelsea player in there but I’m probably best rolling over and trying to fit Palmer in, if not there’s the WC option.

Used a transfer on Nkunku to ESR but holding the other freebie.

One last go for Rashy and then 2 freebies over the internationals to see if I need to change the emphasis round a bit.

Sanchez
TAA Saliba Konsa
Saka Rashy ESR Jota
Haaland (c) Isak Wood

Hendo, Maz, Winks, Barco
The year is 2028.

“One last chance for Rashford or he’s out”.

Just ditch him… because then we all know he’ll score (club > FPL) :)