Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Just sharing for info, not promoting

That's not bad although I can't to it now with Bruno dropping and ESR rising. Tbh if I was wildcarding I think I'd rather have TAA and one of Jota/Diaz instead of Salah which would also allow me to keep an Arsenal defender over Harwood Bellis.

Think I will hold tight this week and wildcard in the International Break when the transfer window has finally closed. Last chance for Bruno to return and no better game for him to do it in. Would be nice to know what's happening with Walker before bringing in the likes of Lewis as well. Same with Toney.

Just sharing for info, not promoting

That’s the team I’ve already wildcarded to pretty much. Digne, Faes, Steele and Mykolenko instead of Harwood, Vald, Porro and Lewis though.

May just hand in to Mykolenko against Bournemouth now he’s already dropped in price. May change Digne to another 4.5 still. Lewis seems too risky, surely won’t keep his place.

Anyone
Becoming obsessed with price changes, didn't follow them at all last season which was my first season playing.

Watching Eze who might drop tomorrow night, will see what the trends are like. Already done my transfer so would be taking a -4 to replace him which I actually might consider. Luis Diaz for an extra 0.5 is tempting me a lot.

Andersen on the way down to a 4.4 is interesting. Not getting him, interesting cheapo future option. Not sure why Maatsen hasn't started for Villa yet, on the way to 4.9, noting that too.

Rico Lewis likely up to 4.6, bargain as long as he keeps starting but pep roulette. Faes heading for 4.1, still a good 5th choice if ever having spare transfers, happy to sit on Barco (flagged).

The Villa pair of Rogers and Onana about to become 5.1s soon, still nice and cheap. Romero to 5.1 - meh, got Porro.

Salah to 12.6 - Can't reach him outside of selling Haaland or wildcarding, not about do that.

Jackson up to 7.6 - Perhaps the safest looking of the Chelsea forwards/mids not called Palmer in the long run unless Osimhen rocks up in the next few days.

Wissa up to 6.1 - Good next fixture (SOU H) but then 2 more difficult games. Really nice run after that but I've been eyeing Mbeumo for then for a long time now as a possible option.
I've also become slightly obsessed with price changes. Based on current predictions my squad value (+spare money) may be £100.6m by the start of the next game week.

Jackson, Faes, Lewis and Salah are probably the pick of the bunch in my opinion. Chelsea have an excellent run of fixtures coming up too.

I don't own Haaland myself as I just don't think he's worth the price tag. He's scored 4 goals and his value (form) is still just 0.8 points per million spent per game. I guess the key differential is the captains armband but for now I'm going no-haaland.

I've also become slightly obsessed with price changes. Based on current predictions my squad value (+spare money) may be £100.6m by the start of the next game week.

Jackson, Faes, Lewis and Salah are probably the pick of the bunch in my opinion. Chelsea have an excellent run of fixtures coming up too.

I don't own Haaland myself as I just don't think he's worth the price tag. He's scored 4 goals and his value (form) is still just 0.8 points per million spent per game. I guess the key differential is the captains armband but for now I'm going no-haaland.

Yes, it's really interesting. Lots more to the game than I appreciated last season. The price changes are a big part of it.

Going to stick with Eze through his price drop this time though. Chelsea (A) next but they were open defensively v Wolves so you never know followed by Leicester (H) when Luis Diaz might not be playing for Liverpool anyway as it's on the back of the international break and he's an important player for Colombia. If Eze still isn't producing after GW 4 then it will be the time I take him out.

I wouldn't have thought about Diaz and his international games last season as well the price change thing.

Also noticing other little bits of game theory that might save the odd transfer or a -4 here and there by planning ahead slightly better. Example - If I was starting Joao Pedro (5.5.) every week right now with a bench full of dross and had no money in the bank there's not too many places to go to if the worst happened and he got injured. Would likely have to use 2 transfers if I had them to solve it, selling a more expensive player too to free up funds for a 6.0+ forward (or Welbeck at 5.6) if I didn't want to gamble on Strand Larsen or Armstrong.

I do have Joao Pedro but I'm not in that situation with him. Got at least a viable sub defender in Robinson and can switch between 2 formations if one of them got injured without having to take a -4. Actually picking Robinson anyway this week due to a better fixture on paper.

Last edited:
Speaking of game theory, anyone seen this one?

If you have 2 goalies from the same club, start the one that will be on the bench for his club.

The idea is to protect from early red cards. Trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile and it very rarely happens anyway. I'm thinking no, but it's interesting. Saw someone posting about it the other day.

Should the starting goalie be sent off before 60 minutes he scores 1 for playing, -3 for the red so he's on a -2. Also any save points he accumulated (1 for every 3 saves and -1 if he's let in 2 or more at that point). If he's conceded 0 or 1 at the time of the red card and has no save points he's stuck on a -2.

The sub goalie comes on (who actually started for you) and gets 1 point for that. He'd have to let in 6 after coming on with no save points to fall to a -2 himself.

Things look different if the starting keeper gets sent off after an hour as he's got that extra point for playing 60 and might even have bagged clean sheet points too.

Injuries are completely different factor too. Would be a ballache if the starting 'keeper had played 60 and had a cleanie then got injured with the sub usurping him if he came on.

If no sub goalie come on, you just get the points of the player who started either way.

Not my idea, just something I saw. Might have been more worth it before they changed the rules on red cards as goalies used to get sent off a lot more often when conceding penalties. The guy coming on would probably let in a goal instantly in those days but would still have to let in another 5 to fall to that -2. You never know, might even have the saved the pen and bagged himself an instant 5 points for that.

Who’s the best 4.0m option to replace Barco? Not that they’ll feature much if at all.
Why waste a transfer on getting rid of Barco? He should be your 5th defender and how often does your 5th defender play? He's sitting on my bench til I wildcard, unless it looks like a 4.0 defender I want is going to rise in prize. Nedeljkovic of Villa is the one I am keeping an idea on.

Speaking of game theory, anyone seen this one?

If you have 2 goalies from the same club, start the one that will be on the bench for his club.

The idea is to protect from early red cards. Trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile and it very rarely happens anyway. I'm thinking no, but it's interesting. Saw someone posting about it the other day.

Should the starting goalie be sent off before 60 minutes he scores 1 for playing, -3 for the red so he's on a -2. Also any save points he accumulated (1 for every 3 saves and -1 if he's let in 2 or more at that point). If he's conceded 0 or 1 at the time of the red card and has no save points he's stuck on a -2.

The sub goalie comes on (who actually started for you) and gets 1 point for that. He'd have to let in 6 after coming on with no save points to fall to a -2 himself.

Things look different if the starting keeper gets sent off after an hour as he's got that extra point for playing 60 and might even have bagged clean sheet points too.

Injuries are completely different factor too. Would be a ballache if the starting 'keeper had played 60 and had a cleanie then got injured with the sub usurping him if he came on.

If no sub goalie come on, you just get the points of the player who started either way.

Not my idea, just something I saw. Might have been more worth it before they changed the rules on red cards as goalies used to get sent off a lot more often when conceding penalties. The guy coming on would probably let in a goal instantly in those days but would still have to let in another 5 to fall to that -2. You never know, might even have the saved the pen and bagged himself an instant 5 points for that.
Been a pointless tactic the last couple of seasons after they made the bolded rule change:

"Playing in a Gameweek means playing at least 1 minute or receiving a yellow / red card."

Been a pointless tactic the last couple of seasons after they made the bolded rule change:

"Playing in a Gameweek means playing at least 1 minute or receiving a yellow / red card."

For the times a goalie on the bench can get booked for yelling at the 4th official etc.?

For the times a goalie on the bench can get booked for yelling at the 4th official etc.?
Yeah. Been some examples of that, most notably Turner last season. Areola and Turner was a popular combo at the time. Those that started Areola (injured that week) got Turner's -1 autosubbed on.

Any early thoughts on captaincy for the weekend?

Salah's record against us is phenomenal but Haaland's is good against everyone. Isak as an outsider tends to score against Tottenham and is the only one playing at home.

I also don't relish the idea of backing Salah to do us in.

Rashfords price drop is annoying me. Took my eye off the ball over the bank holiday.

Never trusting a United attacker ever ever again (except for Amad at 5.0).

Any early thoughts on captaincy for the weekend?

Salah's record against us is phenomenal but Haaland's is good against everyone. Isak as an outsider tends to score against Tottenham and is the only one playing at home.

I also don't relish the idea of backing Salah to do us in.
Has to be Haaland. Maybe Saka for differential unless you have Palmer.

Is Lewis a big risk ? Or he will continue to start

All depends on what happens with Walker. There were rumours of a move abroad but if the transfer window closes and he hasn't gone then he'll obviously start getting benched which in turn will make Gvardiol a much more attacking asset.

All depends on what happens with Walker. There were rumours of a move abroad but if the transfer window closes and he hasn't gone then he'll obviously start getting benched which in turn will make Gvardiol a much more attacking asset.
Gvardiol more expensive :( I already have ederson in goal

How come Bowen wasn't a popular pick this season, not that I picked him myself?

Was all rage at times last season and West Ham strengthened, could help him score a few more points. At 182 points last season I think it's only Gordon who scored more at the same price point or lower and only just, he got 183. Big difference in ownership between the 2, Gordon on 21.5% Bowen 6.3%. It's not like Bowen hasn't produced before either, 206 points in 21/22.

Could maybe say the Fullkrug signing made people think he might not score much if played on the right, but he's still a huge threat from there. Barely played through the middle at all in said 21/22 season.

Last edited:
How come Bowen wasn't a popular pick this season, not that I picked him myself?

Was all rage at times last season and West Ham strengthened, could help him score a few more points. At 182 points last season I think it's only Gordon who scored more at the same price point or lower and only just, he got 183. Big difference in ownership between the 2, Gordon on 21.5% Bowen 6.3%. It's not like Bowen hasn't produced before either, 206 points in 21/22.

Could maybe say the Fullkrug signing made people think he might not score much if played on the right, but he's still a huge threat from there. Barely played through the middle at all in said 21/22 season.
Tough opening fixtures and concerns over how Lopetegui does?

Ramsdale about to become the 4.4 GK starter for half the league.

Has to be Haaland. Maybe Saka for differential unless you have Palmer.
Yeah Haaland is who I have down for the time being. Will probably stick with him.

I don't really have a route to getting both Saka and Palmer in the team - I kind of assumed Palmer would regress this season so pretty much ignored him when drafting/planning.

Goalies are weird, so hard to predict but definitely not worth burning a transfer on or taking a -4.

Ramsdale could hit around Areola, Flekken or the combined Henderson/Johnstone numbers from last season but that's his likely upper ceiling. Could also very much be a tier below that.

If having one of those 4.5 choices already not much point in swapping him out.

Looks like Cash will avoid a pricedrop this week, which mean I will avoid taking a hit this week and assess again during the international break.

Team going into this GW:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Robinson (Faes, Cash)
Salah, Eze, Bailey, Rogers, Semenyo
Haaland(C), Isak, Muniz

0,9M ITB

Who do I bench between Rogers, Semenyo and Muniz this GW?

Yeah last chance saloon for Newcastle this weekend. Will be dumping Isak on a wildcard in International break I think.

Team this week is

Henderson
Hall Gabriel Robinson (Maz) (HB)
Jota Son Bruno Rogers (Bergval)
Haaland (c) Havertz Isak

Bolded are ones I will probably keep although Havertz & Gabriel could also go depending on team structure and whether I want Saka and a different Arsenal defender.

I decided to go Munoz/Eze out for Porro/Madueke. Rogers is the cool pick but dunno, just feel like he'll do a lot in games like Arsenal but not actually get any assists/goals.

Need to find a way to get Palmer in imo. I saved my transfer from GW1 and still took a 4 point to make room for him, Saka, Haaland and Isak.

Hi lads, I had to use my WC this week. Fortunately, I transferred in some players (Jackson, Faes, Wissa, Rogers) early this week before their price rise. Any suggestions on how to improve this team would be much appreciated.

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol Porro Konsa Mazraoui Faes
Luis Diaz Saka Palmer Smith Rowe Rogers
Wissa Jackson Haaland

I tried to get Havertz into this team but just short of 0,1 to make that happen.

Hi lads, I had to use my WC this week. Fortunately, I transferred in some players (Jackson, Faes, Wissa, Rogers) early this week before their price rise. Any suggestions on how to improve this team would be much appreciated.

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol Porro Konsa Mazraoui Faes
Luis Diaz Saka Palmer Smith Rowe Rogers
Wissa Jackson Haaland

I tried to get Havertz into this team but just short of 0,1 to make that happen.

Looks great. The only obvious weakness is lack of Arsenal defence. Maybe keep an eye on the Walker situation and if he goes swap Maz and Gvardiol to Lewis and Saliba/Gabriel?

I decided to go Munoz/Eze out for Porro/Madueke. Rogers is the cool pick but dunno, just feel like he'll do a lot in games like Arsenal but not actually get any assists/goals.
I'm not sure if I like this move. Porro has tough fixtures coming up and Madueke is just too kneejerky for me. Eze has looked really good, is on pens and set pieces and has been really unlucky not to return yet. With Mateta back in biz as a 90 minutes man I think removing Eze is a bit premature. Madueke scored a hattrick from three half chances and his minutes is anything but secure. Last season he scored 5 in 23 games and Chelsea literally has 6 good wide options (Nkunku, Mudryk, Felix, Maueke, Palmer, Neto) who will all have to share those minutes. That Wolves game was a fluke game (How often will Chelsea score 6 goals from 2,04 xG) and at best we should keep a closer look at the Chelsea assets. I understand that you want to get better value for your 5M defender than what Munoz has provided though, Palace has looked shaky in the back so far.