Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Any Bruno owners? Whats the plan?
I won’t invest in United assets until I see serious consistency.

Personally Bruno has performed well on underlying metrics but I don’t think he’s worth the money long term.

I think under Ole ball he was a great FPL asset and now not so much.

Fell asleep on the sofa watching golf last night and missed Nkunku’s price drop. I’m just going to ignore Eze and possibly Bailey price drops the next few days, but I think hits will be taken to get rid Cash and Nkunku. Might even take an additinal hit if Watkins drops down to 8,9….(to get him in for Isak)

Fell asleep on the sofa watching golf last night and missed Nkunku’s price drop. I’m just going to ignore Eze and possibly Bailey price drops the next few days, but I think hits will be taken to get rid Cash and Nkunku. Might even take to hits if Watkins drops down to 8,9….
What is your whole team like?

Becoming obsessed with price changes, didn't follow them at all last season which was my first season playing.

Watching Eze who might drop tomorrow night, will see what the trends are like. Already done my transfer so would be taking a -4 to replace him which I actually might consider. Luis Diaz for an extra 0.5 is tempting me a lot.

Andersen on the way down to a 4.4 is interesting. Not getting him, interesting cheapo future option. Not sure why Maatsen hasn't started for Villa yet, on the way to 4.9, noting that too.

Rico Lewis likely up to 4.6, bargain as long as he keeps starting but pep roulette. Faes heading for 4.1, still a good 5th choice if ever having spare transfers, happy to sit on Barco (flagged).

The Villa pair of Rogers and Onana about to become 5.1s soon, still nice and cheap. Romero to 5.1 - meh, got Porro.

Salah to 12.6 - Can't reach him outside of selling Haaland or wildcarding, not about do that.

Jackson up to 7.6 - Perhaps the safest looking of the Chelsea forwards/mids not called Palmer in the long run unless Osimhen rocks up in the next few days.

Wissa up to 6.1 - Good next fixture (SOU H) but then 2 more difficult games. Really nice run after that but I've been eyeing Mbeumo for then for a long time now as a possible option.

What is your whole team like?
Team right now:

Flekken (Valdi) - Can live with this at the price - Flekken already collected 4 save points
Gvards - Porro - Robinson (Cash, Feas) - Cash probably needs to go (hamstring problems)
Salah - Eze - Bailey - Rogers (Nkunku) - Nkunku will have to go, will drop further in price before the weekend.
Haaland (C) - Isak - Muniz (I'll be happy to flip Isak to Watkins if I can get him for 8,9. Isak only has tough homegames and away games the next 5) Neither of the strikers not named Haaland has impressed so far.

I thinking about the following:

Cash to a non-Villa 4,5
Nkunku to Soucek for 1,4M ITB
If Watkins drop, then Isak to Watkins and 1,0M ITB

Sitting on 146 points total. Happy to take some hits early to avoid being forced to WC and lose team value. Triple Villa from GW3 was allways the plan. Hopefully I can roll a couple of transfers between GW3 and 5 so I'm ready to do the Arsenal switch then (Salah + 4,5 def/Porro + Muniz -> Saka, Gabriel, Havertz)

Becoming obsessed with price changes, didn't follow them at all last season which was my first season playing.

Watching Eze who might drop tomorrow night, will see what the trends are like. Already done my transfer so would be taking a -4 to replace him which I actually might consider. Luis Diaz for an extra 0.5 is tempting me a lot.

Andersen on the way down to a 4.4 is interesting. Not getting him, interesting cheapo future option. Not sure why Maatsen hasn't started for Villa yet, on the way to 4.9, noting that too.

Rico Lewis likely up to 4.6, bargain as long as he keeps starting but pep roulette. Faes heading for 4.1, still a good 5th choice if ever having spare transfers, happy to sit on Barco (flagged).

The Villa pair of Rogers and Onana about to become 5.1s soon, still nice and cheap. Romero to 5.1 - meh, got Porro.

Salah to 12.6 - Can't reach him outside of selling Haaland or wildcarding, not about do that.

Jackson up to 7.6 - Perhaps the safest looking of the Chelsea forwards/mids not called Palmer in the long run unless Osimhen rocks up in the next few days.

Wissa up to 6.1 - Good next fixture (SOU H) but then 2 more difficult games. Really nice run after that but I've been eyeing Mbeumo for then for a long time now as a possible option.

Only do this if a player you want is rising and the player you are dropping is also likely to drop... so not moving quick enough costs you 0.2. Nkunku to ESR had to be done for me last night as an example.

Team right now:

Flekken (Valdi) - Can live with this at the price - Flekken already collected 4 save points
Gvards - Porro - Robinson (Cash, Feas) - Cash probably needs to go (hamstring problems)
Salah - Eze - Bailey - Rogers (Nkunku) - Nkunku will have to go, will drop further in price before the weekend.
Haaland (C) - Isak - Muniz (I'll be happy to flip Isak to Watkins if I can get him for 8,9. Isak only has tough homegames and away games the next 5) Neither of the strikers not named Haaland has impressed so far.

I thinking about the following:

Cash to a non-Villa 4,5
Nkunku to Soucek for 1,4M ITB
If Watkins drop, then Isak to Watkins and 1,0M ITB

Sitting on 146 points total. Happy to take some hits early to avoid being forced to WC and lose team value. Triple Villa from GW3 was allways the plan. Hopefully I can roll a couple of transfers between GW3 and 5 so I'm ready to do the Arsenal switch then (Salah + 4,5 def/Porro + Muniz -> Saka, Gabriel, Havertz)
I don’t hate those changes Cash and Nkunku the only ones who stand out as needing swapping

Bruno on something wild like 2 xG. Just a matter of time now before he explodes.
He will eventually return due to pens etc but it’s whether he’s worth the wait and money in the mean time.

United aren’t a goalscoring side.

Bruno is also playing as the main threat in a strikerless setup right now, that was a big draw for me for the openers. His underlying stats are good, but I'm happy to drop him for the Liverpool game, then see how the Hojlund return goes before going back to him. He's definitely dropping 8.4 soon and if he doesn't deliver something against Liverpool... he could be at 8.3/8.2 fairly soon, where he'll be good value to bring back.

I'm hoping to get Haaland-Palmer-Salah, but won't be this week.... just gonna risk going Salahless when he loves United, but c'mon...surely we're not reverting to letting run a muck at Old Trafford still I hope.

Bruno on something wild like 2 xG. Just a matter of time now before he explodes.

I've been feeling that about the team in general for the last 18 months, just never happens.

Saying that, wouldn't rule out some points for him on Sunday but long term I just think he is too expensive for the way we play.

Bruno is also playing as the main threat in a strikerless setup right now, that was a big draw for me for the openers. His underlying stats are good, but I'm happy to drop him for the Liverpool game, then see how the Hojlund return goes before going back to him. He's definitely dropping 8.4 soon and if he doesn't deliver something against Liverpool... he could be at 8.3/8.2 fairly soon, where he'll be good value to bring back.

I'm hoping to get Haaland-Palmer-Salah, but won't be this week.... just gonna risk going Salahless when he loves United, but c'mon...surely we're not reverting to letting run a muck at Old Trafford still I hope.
Yeah if/when Bruno drops closer to £8.0m maybe then he’s in the conversation but could have Jota who is playing as a CF for a more functional Liverpool side or Gordon who is the main Newcastle threat for less still.

Only do this if a player you want is rising and the player you are dropping is also likely to drop... so not moving quick enough costs you 0.2. Nkunku to ESR had to be done for me last night as an example.

Gaining a consensus, asked the same question on reddit just now and got the same answer. Cheers.

Also made the Nkunku to ESR move, that's why I've no FTs left and a million in the bank. Snap!

Only 59 this GW, Haaland builds won the week! I binned Nkunku and Solanke for Muniz and Bruno! Still have 1.0 in the bank. Will see how it goes after the international break - not gonig to jump early for a Chelsea asset after Nkunku disaster especially with the additional transfers they are apparently going to make. At least Bruno invariably gets a lot of minutes and you feel he is the only one to get us going, if not he is an enabler to other moves post international window - short punt and see where we go.

Isak and Eze, people jumping ship too early for me so giving them more time. Happy with rest of team. Saka captain GW3 so far

Henderson
Robinson, Gvardiol, TAA
Saka, Salah, Bruno, Eze
Muniz, Wood, Isak

4.0 shite keeper, Smith-Rowe, Munoz, Barco

He will eventually return due to pens etc but it’s whether he’s worth the wait and money in the mean time.

United aren’t a goalscoring side.

I've been feeling that about the team in general for the last 18 months, just never happens.

Saying that, wouldn't rule out some points for him on Sunday but long term I just think he is too expensive for the way we play.

I can understand the frustration about him and the team, so will understand if you sell.

Maybe i am deluded but i really think and hope that United will start firing on a cylinders soon and that means Bruno will be a good differential so keeping him.

The price changes kill the game a bit. I'm now looking at a 4pt hit to navigate Bruno, when ideally I want to keep him. I dont want to lose a potential 0.2 on him and struggle to make my moves.

What I hate about price drops is how hard it is to benefit from any price rises. If it was 1:1 it would add a fun element to the game imo.

Burn to lewis
Isak to jebbison
Upgrade jota to salah then for a -4.

Current team
Ederson
Saliba burn pedro
Gordon palmer amad jotta smith rowe
Isak haaland joao pedro

Yes or no ??

What I hate about price drops is how hard it is to benefit from any price rises. If it was 1:1 it would add a fun element to the game imo.
It would become ridiculous, people would take -4 constantly at the start and end up with so much cash that they'd have all the big hitters

Just messing around with a WC team and I can go from:

Henderson
TAA
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, Garnacho, ESR
Isak, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Harwood-Bellis

To:

Flekken
Gabriel
, Porro, Maza
Saka, Jota, Palmer, ESR
Havertz, Haaland, Joao Pedro

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Faes, Harwood-Bellis (+£0.3m itb)

It's tempting, I must say but can easily bite me in the ass if Isak or Eze suddenly wake up/stop being unlucky.

Sold Trent for Konsa, and Fernandes for Palmer :lol:

Might be kneejerk, and I'm banking on Liverpool not to do well at OT next week too, but I've been thinking about what to change for hours and got fed up with myself, so I just decided not to dwell on this stuff anymore. I didn't really want to touch Palmer originally, because I didn't think he would rack up crazy numbers in Maresca's system on the right, but if he's also going to play centrally under him, then it's a different scenario.

I can also buy Bruno back and make 0.1m on him if he drops tonight.

At least the team looks sort of future proof for the next 5 game weeks now: Sánchez - Robinson Konsa Gvardiol - Rogers ESR Palmer Saka - Muniz Haaland Isak

Subs: Valdimarsson THB Greaves Jota

Last edited:
Early lineup, 8 away fixtures. Not 100% sure on captain yet but very likely Haaland.

Flekken
Robinson, TAA, Gvardiol, Porro
Saka, Smith Rowe, Eze, Jota
Haaland, Isak

Vald, Joao Pedro, Winks, Barco

WC played, pretty sure I did it around the same time last year.

Barco, Hall, Guehi, Pope, Amad, Isak, Havertz, Nkunku, Gibbs White and Jota all out.

Konsa, Steele, Digne, Faes, Salah, Palmer, Pedro, Roger’s, ESR and Jebbinson all in.

Means I get Salah, Palmer, Saka and Haaland all in for the next few fixtures at least. Save a few FTs to potentially then downgrade Salah back to Jota if Jota is still starting in 4-5 games and improve the defence and Pedro back to whoever is in form up front. Just felt with Barco gone, Hall dropped, Nkunku dropped, Pope fixtures poor now, Amad possibly dropping out of the team too, Palace in terrible form and Guehi not moving to Newcastle and Isak in poor form I had little choice. I like Jota a lot but he had to go to fit Salah in for a few.

Not sure what to do here. I have two transfers. I definitely want to take Munoz out and I'm going to bring Porro in which gives me either 6.5m or 8m to spend.

The 6.5m is if I take out Eze and I'm thinking either Rogers or Savinho.

The 8m is if I remove Isak but there aren't many decent strikers for that price.

Bruno the first one to feck up my funds then. Still not really feeling some of these wildcard teams. Every time I play about with mine it just ends up looking worse.

Any Bruno owners? Whats the plan?
Going against my usual knee jerk chop and change plans this year. Going to stick with him, Eze and Isak till the international break. With so many people selling him and his price falling, I can see a Palmer like response against Pool. Tempted to go berserk and captain him

Not sure what to do here. I have two transfers. I definitely want to take Munoz out and I'm going to bring Porro in which gives me either 6.5m or 8m to spend.

The 6.5m is if I take out Eze and I'm thinking either Rogers or Savinho.

The 8m is if I remove Isak but there aren't many decent strikers for that price.
I was gonna say Havertz but didn't realize he already risen in price. Maybe Solanke or Jackson if Chelsea don't sign anyone before the deadline ? Of all the traditional big teams Chelsea have the easier run coming up.

I was gonna say Havertz but didn't realize he already risen in price. Maybe Solanke or Jackson if Chelsea don't sign anyone before the deadline ? Of all the traditional big teams Chelsea have the easier run coming up.

I thought about Jackson but I can't shake the feeling that he's meh. Will probably decide at the last minute.

I also thought Madueke instead of Eze but not sure how much he will be rotated.

I thought about Jackson but I can't shake the feeling that he's meh. Will probably decide at the last minute.

I also thought Madueke instead of Eze but not sure how much he will be rotated.
Madueke in my opinion is way more subject to rotation considering the number of options they have on the wings. But for striker they only have Guiu as the alternative to Jackson unless they sign someone else like Osimhen. They might play Nkunku there but he hasn't yet.

Nketiah is moving to Palace. I think there's a decent chance he can take that first choice striker spot from Mateta, and if Palace hit form, he will score a good number of goals. Could be one of the biggest bargains at 5.9m IMO. He's easily capable of 15 goals in a decent team.

The other player I'm currently looking at is Maatsen. He will probably drop to 4.9 and should become a starter for Villa relatively soon. They have great fixtures coming up as well. Nedeljkovic could be another bargain as Cash is apparently out for a month with an injury. But I already own Konsa.

Couldn't stand looking at Nkunku in my squad anymore and made a little differential move to a player that seems to have gone under the radar of most of the pundits so far: Semenyo
Outstanding underlying numbers so far and seems to be the new talisman for Bournemouth with Solanke gone. 12 shots (1 goal) and 3 key passes (1 assist) so far.
Will rotate nicely with any other enabler option you might have.

I might do 1 or 2 more transfers this week for -4/-8, but it depends on eventual pricedrops and/or gut feeling regarding Watkins/Isak.

Nketiah is moving to Palace. I think there's a decent chance he can take that first choice striker spot from Mateta, and if Palace hit form, he will score a good number of goals. Could be one of the biggest bargains at 5.9m IMO. He's easily capable of 15 goals in a decent team.

The other player I'm currently looking at is Maatsen. He will probably drop to 4.9 and should become a starter for Villa relatively soon. They have great fixtures coming up as well. Nedeljkovic could be another bargain as Cash is apparently out for a month with an injury. But I already own Konsa.

Is he getting in ahead of Digne? Not so sure.

Is he getting in ahead of Digne? Not so sure.

Digne's decent, but I think Maatsen will be first choice eventually. Maybe not instantly, but in 1-2 months, I think he will be first choice.