Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Palmer was someone we left out for a good reason. One smashfest against a shocking defence shouldn't make us carve our whole team up.

It'd need a revamp with Isak sacrificed. But then Isak scored loads last year so could be hasty there.
It seems like he picked it up from where he left off last season. But fair enough. I was thinking to get him in for one of Son/Saka as they both have couple of difficult fixtures coming up compared to Palmer.

I feel like Jota, Gordon or even Maddison(if you're feeling risky) are better options at that 7.5m price point.

It seems like he picked it up from where he left off last season. But fair enough. I was thinking to get him in for one of Son/Saka as they both have couple of difficult fixtures coming up compared to Palmer.

I feel like Jota, Gordon or even Maddison(if you're feeling risky) are better options at that 7.5m price point.

Gordon and Smith Rowe as a combo might work.

Although there's still a shocking part of me considering Rashy for one last blow out and just do Nkunku to Smith Rowe before the drop.
Then use 2 transfers over the international break.

This has Nkunko at 63%,

https://www.fplstatistics.com/Home/IndexW

Smith Rowe to go up tonigh though.

Mazrouri at 68.5%. Annoying as tonnes brought him in after that day 1 8pointer and it was close to a rise then has now dropped off a cliff.

I think the FF Hub one I was looking at bases it off last hour predictions - https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-price-rises

So he's only on 56% there but he had an almost 8% drop in the last hour. Putting 2 & 2 togehter I think it assumes he'll continue at 8% every hour from now on, not sure. He'd be bang on around 100% if he did when the prices change tonight.

But maybe things slow down when people at least in Europe start going to bed.

Perhaps I've got the whole thing wrong but that intuitively makes sense as to how they calculate it.

I don't know what the rush is ahead of Carabao Cup games midweek and Chelsea play in Europe again. Things could alter as to who people might want to bring in, let's say ESR gets injured in playing for Fulham midweek (if he plays). Almost means you've got to join in early if you don't want to miss out on price changes. If everyone waited until Thursday there'd be no problem!

Edit: Just checked again, up to 63.41% and 8.77% in the last hour now for Nkunku. 4 more hours of that and he'd be on 98% at midnight. Not sure if they change then or later?

Last edited:
Gordon and Smith Rowe as a combo might work.

Although there's still a shocking part of me considering Rashy for one last blow out and just do Nkunku to Smith Rowe before the drop.
Then use 2 transfers over the international break.
Rashford has a knack for turning up in big games and we have become game raisers recently so I can definitely see some sense in that. Need to watch those price changes like a hawk though.

Finished the weekend with 6 players scoring 9 between them, so used my transfer to get Dan Burn out for Rico Lewis, while Murphy gets benched for Amad.

Bit of a risk since both the players coming in could easily be dropped, but I feel like they've won over their managers somewhat and going big on Newcastle has not been great to say the least. Isak remains though since he tends to score against Spurs at home. Might even captain him over Haaland and Salah, but that's probably the kind of "oh I'm so clever" move that would be bound to backfire.

I would've liked to get in on Villa's easy run of games sooner, but I'd rather wait a week than take a hit.

Haha sorry I didn't realise he is 9.5m, yikes.
Yes he's a difficult price point.

Son, Saka, Palmer, KDB, Foden. Heck, even Bruno if United get going, is one hell of a set of options isn't it.

Years back we'd have probably all had 3 or even 4 of these, but this year with Haaland's value it's stretched the budget a bit, and most of us still haven't learnt the mistake of 2 expensive defenders!

I think the FF Hub one I was looking at bases it off last hour predictions - https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-price-rises

So he's only on 56% there but he had an almost 8% drop in the last hour. Putting 2 & 2 togehter I think it assumes he'll continue at 8% every hour from now on, not sure. He'd be bang on around 100% if he did when the prices change tonight.

But maybe things slow down when people at least in Europe start going to bed.

Perhaps I've got the whole thing wrong but that intuitively makes sense as to how they calculate it.

I don't know what the rush is ahead of Carabao Cup games midweek and Chelsea play in Europe again. Things could alter as to who people might want to bring in, let's say ESR gets injured in playing for Fulham midweek (if he plays). Almost means you've got to join in early if you don't want to miss out on price changes. If everyone waited until Thursday there'd be no problem!

Edit: Just checked again, upto 63% and 8.77% in the last hour now for Nkunku.
Yep, fools rushing to make changes is bloody infuriating. It's madness making changes before mid week fixtures.

And I've usually gone late in the week, rather than chasing values. Saving 0.1m, or having your new transfer get injured...

I have 0.5 in the bank and 1 transfer. I'm unsure which to remove of Foden, Bruno or Isak, what do you think?

Did you not score 112, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Difficult question that. Bruno has been very unlucky points wise versus scenarios so far. Isak scored loads last year but hasn't got going, and probably a more extreme version of that for Foden who is being eased in.

At least if you remove Bruno and he hauls against Liverpool you'll enjoy the real life of it!

Honest opinions, would it be crazy to wildcard this week and this early?

Hall and Nkunku dropped today and now too risky. Barca on my bench and needs to go. Isak should come good eventually but Newcastle playing poor right now. Guehi fixtures poor. Pope fixtures hit and miss now. Mykenko looking car crash.

Could get rid of Nkunku before his drop in price and also get in potentially palmer and Salah.

Did you not score 112, or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Difficult question that. Bruno has been very unlucky points wise versus scenarios so far. Isak scored loads last year but hasn't got going, and probably a more extreme version of that for Foden who is being eased in.

At least if you remove Bruno and he hauls against Liverpool you'll enjoy the real life of it!

118 but yes that is me.

Hmm Bruno is the cheapest but might be amped vs Liverpool, Foden eased back in at West Ham away is a tough game, Isak scored 2 in both games against Spurs last season and is at home against them next game, but it is whether any of them have a good game. I am moving closer to removing Foden I think.

Hall and Nkunku dropped today and now too risky. Barca on my bench and needs to go. Isak should come good eventually but Newcastle playing poor right now. Guehi fixtures poor. Pope fixtures hit and miss now. Mykenko looking car crash.

Could get rid of Nkunku before his drop in price and also get in potentially palmer and Salah.
Yeah, I will be doing so. Don't have Haaland, Salah, Palmer, and they are now a must.

You should wildcard whenever you feel you need it. The “experts” recommended Mykolenko, Nkunku and Eze as must haves and the majority will just copy the model every week. Play your own game and be happy with your own team. It is something to be enjoyed after all.

Nkunko is on -71% so hopefully doesn't happen tonight.

You should wildcard whenever you feel you need it. The “experts” recommended Mykolenko, Nkunku and Eze as must haves and the majority will just copy the model every week. Play your own game and be happy with your own team. It is something to be enjoyed after all.

Never understood the Mykolenko pick with Everton being so poor. Eze seemed slightly odd with his partner in crime and thus a huge aspect to Palace's threat going too.

But I'm guilty as charged on Nkunko!

Never understood the Mykolenko pick with Everton being so poor. Eze seemed slightly odd with his partner in crime and thus a huge aspect to Palace's threat going too.

Eze is good option..£7m for a talisman to CP, who looked great when they got their manager changed last season. Eze on many set pieces and pens. Usually plays 90 minutes and also loves to shoot.

He should have already been on one goal from last week and got quite close this week too. Owners just been unlucky.

I ended on 70 points, whilst I see others have got higher, I'm still happy as it's higher than average.

I'm so tempted to play WC though. Either that or gonna do Nkunku to ESR tonight.

Started a "what if" experiment with transfers earlier, figuring out what someone could potentially do if they put Gabriel, Saliba, White and Haaland in the team. 3 defenders from 1 team very unorthodox and that Arsenal defence looks like it will keep a ton of clean sheets again. The main man up top.

Not going to wildcard into it or anything like that, was just for fun. Maybe to start next season though if I remember. At 18.5m that back 3 cost the same as mine. Set and forget.

Eze is good option..£7m for a talisman to CP, who looked great when they got their manager changed last season. Eze on many set pieces and pens. Usually plays 90 minutes and also loves to shoot.

He should have already been on one goal from last week and got quite close this week too. Owners just been unlucky.

I ended on 70 points, whilst I see others have got higher, I'm still happy as it's higher than average.

I'm so tempted to play WC though. Either that or gonna do Nkunku to ESR tonight.

I'm tempted on the that too. Then will probably stick with what I've got for game 3, and re-look at the whole thing over the internationals.

To think the talk over the week was "triple captain Haaland or no?" All along the answer was obviously to TC Madueke! I really hope some maniac out there did it.

Eze remains a good pick and I don't see Mykolenko in many expert teams at all.

I am definitely guilty of listening too much to the noise and I put Nkunku in. Mykolenko was always bizarre, the fixtures never looked good and never understood the call.

The expert crowd will all fall in line soon and have their teams closely following whatever the model says. Fran/Andy/BigMan have all had similar teams in recent years. But I guess making it your job means you have to perform.

The rest of us can have fun with it though.

Eze remains a good pick and I don't see Mykolenko in many expert teams at all.

He was for nearly the whole preseason and was widely touted as a great pick. Eze is a fine pick, but he is certainly not as essential as was being made out by experts and their videos. He was always a hot and cold player.

My point was that people should play their own game and enjoy it.

To think the talk over the week was "triple captain Haaland or no?" All along the answer was obviously to TC Madueke! I really hope some maniac out there did it.

That's why we love this game. There wasn't even a suggestion he'd even play and most probably think of him as a right nearly man.
Then does that!

He might even start the next game now, but you never know with Chelsea.

He was for nearly the whole preseason and was widely touted as a great pick. Eze is a fine pick, but he is certainly not as essential as was being made out by experts and their videos. He was always a hot and cold player.

My point was that people should play their own game and enjoy it.
I agree with your point. I would still personally put Eze as essential, superb player and in the thick of almost every Palace attack for 7m.

Think I'll be doing this -4: Henderson, Bruno, Isak > Raya, Palmer, Joao Pedro.

Would leave me with:

Raya
TAA - Porro - Konsa (Mazraoui - Bellis)
Palmer - Saka - Jota - ESR - Rogers
Haaland - Wood (Pedro)​

Raya not ideal with GW4-5 in mind but Deano is a pointless bum. Will need Arse cover sooner or later anyway so might as well pull the trigger this week.

Love the four 5-6m attackers. They have great fixtures and rotate almost perfectly in terms of who to bench.

Pretty close to a WC squad (I'd have Robinson over Maz) so really happy with this squad for a hit.

I agree with your point. I would still personally put Eze as essential, superb player and in the thick of almost every Palace attack for 7m.

I would get the same for a similar team in Fulham with ESR for 1,5 million less. He will probably get a good haul against Leicester in week 4, but I can’t say he is essential blanking 2-3 weeks at a go. Good pick, but certainly not madness to leave him out (as they implied)

I would get the same for a similar team in Fulham with ESR for 1,5 million less. He will probably get a good haul against Leicester in week 4, but I can’t say he is essential blanking 2-3 weeks at a go. Good pick, but certainly not madness to leave him out (as they implied)
He was robbed of a goal in GW1 that should have stood. ESR is a punt at seasons start that looks smart after his goal today, but he's still a player with minutes risk + he hasnt played a run of games in one go for >2 years.

He was robbed of a goal in GW1 that should have stood. ESR is a punt at seasons start that looks smart after his goal today, but he's still a player with minutes risk + he hasnt played a run of games in one go for >2 years.

That’s true, but I would still rather punt on him at 5,5 than bank on Eze at 7,0. It’s tight if you want more big hitters, so I just think he is far from essential. I think that will be even more the case now with Villa and Chelsea’s fixture runs and more settled sides. I really liked the look of Bailey and Rogers. Madueke looked superb today too.

Lots of options after the almost guilt trip they were giving out about ‘daring to go without’.

To be fair, I don’t even think Haaland is essential now with Ipswich out of the way. If someone lines up with Salah/Saka/Palmer in midfield, who is going to argue?

That’s true, but I would still rather punt on him at 5,5 than bank on Eze at 7,0. It’s tight if you want more big hitters, so I just think he is far from essential. I think that will be even more the case now with Villa and Chelsea’s fixture runs and more settled sides. I really liked the look of Bailey and Rogers. Madueke looked superb today too.

Lots of options after the almost guilt trip they were giving out about ‘daring to go without’.

To be fair, I don’t even think Haaland is essential now with Ipswich out of the way. If someone lines up with Salah/Saka/Palmer in midfield, who is going to argue?

Probably wasn't essential this week if you had Salah, Son and Palmer. But then that's the rub, hindsight.

Could be a lot of varied teams this year for once.

If United could look even half decent there could be some great value in our attack too.

Probably wasn't essential this week if you had Salah, Son and Palmer. But then that's the rub, hindsight.

Could be a lot of varied teams this year for once.

If United could look even half decent there could be some great value in our attack too.

Definitely. Even a half-cooked United with a starting £5 million winger would be ridiculous. Garnacho has another level too. Hopefully Ten Hag fancies keeping his job and let’s merit win out and we see them getting an extended run in the team on both flanks.

He's only played 63 and 68 and Fulham have a midweeker in the cup where hopefully he's rested / doesn't play / doesn't get injured.

BUT, he's going up tonight, Nkunku is definitely going down, maybe not today but soon, and Fulham play Ipswich next.

Sod it, i'll risk it now and hope he starts v Ipswich.
If something goes wrong I still have a free transfer left and Nkunku is dead weight anyway.