Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Anyone going with Zirkzee instead of Solanke?
Muniz and Wood feels so boring.

Ok I've completely deviated from any rational plan and taken a -4 to take out Salah and Solanke to get Haaland in. I'm miles ahead in my league already so might as well change it now.
Miles ahead after 1 week?
What sort if clowns are you playing against

Is -4 for Solanke reasonable now? Or play with bloody Winks two weeks?

@Sandikan , @Dirty Schwein ; what is "the rule" about hits? 20-24 per season is some average number, right?
No rule but you don't want to do them too often to say the least.
Although I've seen some players lash them around and make serious gains.

If it's say a -8 but it gets out injured or non players when you can't field 11, for top notch in form players with a good run of games it can be a no brainer.

Solanke to Muniz done.
Also considered Zirkzee but already have Rashford and dont want to double up on our attack yet.

@Sandikan , @Dirty Schwein ; what is "the rule" about hits? 20-24 per season is some average number, right?
I think the only rule is that the change is needed and the consequences should outweigh the hit.

Have you got no bench options short term?

Current team :

Flekken
Saliba, Porro, Mazraoui
Saka, Son, Jota, Amad
Wood, Isak, Haaland.

Took out Quansah for Robinson before his price drop. Only decision is should I keep Robinson on the bench or bring him on for Mazraoui/Amad. Rest of the bench is fodder.
I’d maybe swap for Amad, feels like Garnacho might be back?

But loading with defenders (over MFers or forwards) is not ideal.

Im tempted to take -4 for Odegaard to Foden now ive freed up a mill from the Solanke transfer. Any thoughts from anyone? Just feels an opportunity not to miss?

I think the only rule is that the change is needed and the consequences should outweigh the hit.

Have you got no bench options short term?
My plan was WC in 6th round so i went heavy on first 11. Bench options Barco, Faes and Winks.
Barco should have been that guy who will be a good sub :lol:.

Oh well, at least i have Muniz now who i had in draft until deadline basically (and then Solanke to Spurs happened).

I’d maybe swap for Amad, feels like Garnacho might be back?

But loading with defenders (over MFers or forwards) is not ideal.
Only have 0.5m in the bank and already used the free transfer for this week so would have to start taking hits and I don't want to do so early. :lol:

Also, ours is the first game so hopefully some leaks will be out regarding Amad/Garnacho starting. But yea, I do have the concern that Amad might not start.

I'll probably just ride it out this week. If Son stinks the place even against a terrible Everton side, I'll take him out for a 7/8m midfielder and use those funds to upgrade Amad to a 6.5m.

I’ve 1.0 in the bank.

I could do Solanke to Havertz.

But mentally I don’t want to spend 0.6.

I’d do it if it was 0.5.

Ok I've completely deviated from any rational plan and taken a -4 to take out Salah and Solanke to get Haaland in. I'm miles ahead in my league already so might as well change it now.
:lol:

Solanke to Zirkzee anyone?

I already have ESR and doubling on Fulham assets seems dumb with Muniz.

Taking out Salah when he's about to go up in price is certainly an interesting strategy

Contemplating getting Salah in for a hit already. Palmer and Gordon to Salah and ESR would be exact money.

Is Solanke out for 2 weeks confirmed?

Maths at the end of the day. Winks only likely to score 4 across 2 weeks. You either take that or the -4 hit and need 8 to match it from your new forward over the 2 games, 9 to beat it.

Not quite that simple of course but not far off. An additional possible benefit to a new forward is that you'd still have Winks as emergency backup if someone gets unexpectedly dropped this weekend instead of relying on Faes, plus he's there to potentially come in next week if there's even more bad team news for you.

Then there's the question of whether you'd want to bring Solanke back in when fit. If you already know you do that's another transfer burned when he's fit. Roll with Winks and you save that.

Last edited:
Is Solanke out for 2 weeks confirmed?

Maths at the end of the day. Winks only likely to score 4 across 2 weeks. You either take that or the -4 hit and need 8 to match it from your new forward over the 2 games, 9 to beat it.

Not quite that simple of course but not far off. An additional possible benefit to a new forward is that you'd still have Winks as emergency backup if someone gets unexpectedly dropped this weekend instead of relying on Faes, plus he's there to potentially come in next week if there's even more bad team news for you.

Then there's the question of whether you'd want to bring Solanke back in when fit. If you already know you do that's another transfer burned when he's fit. Roll with Winks and you save that.
Agree with all of this. That is why i took a hit. I will pass on Solanke until i see him scoring for Spurs. If Muniz starts delivering, that is 1.5 mil to invest elsewhere.

Did Solanke to Mateta with that injury. Glad I saved my transfer to late in the week

Anyone going with Zirkzee instead of Solanke?
Muniz and Wood feels so boring.
Solanke to Zirkzee anyone?

I already have ESR and doubling on Fulham assets seems dumb with Muniz.
Everything I heard about Zirkzee when we signed him was that he was a linkup player who would drop deep and wouldn't score many goals. And then you see him score a classic poacher's goal vs Fulham, which makes you wonder...

I'll wait and see how many touches he gets in the opposition's box vs Brighton but he's a definite maybe for me for GW3.

Last edited:
How many more points is Havertz likely to get you in next few weeks? You’ll get some price rises soon and get that £0.1m back?

Not sure it's a viable strategy and I expect Arsenal to do well in their early games anyway, but I'm planning to take Havertz for GW6 and onwards. If he plays up top for Arsenal he'll rack up at least 25 G/A over the season IMO, probably even mroe. Merino's arrival suggests Havertz at LCM is no more, and this calendar year he has rarely been playing there anyway.

If he isn't flying by GW6, I'll still take him as his price won't even be that high at that point, right?

Can any Chelsea fans tell me chances of Jackson not starting? Would assume he’s undroppable unless Nkunku or Felix are considered as 9s, which I assume they shouldn’t be.

Slow Sports News you absolute bastards. ALMOST got me with this tweet.

Disclaimer - I am not responsible if you change your FPL team based on this tweet. It is a funny account that posts older news to look like sky news. The article is from Jan 2024

Slow Sports News you absolute bastards. ALMOST got me with this tweet.

Disclaimer - I am not responsible if you change your FPL team based on this tweet. It is a funny account that posts older news to look like sky news. The article is from Jan 2024

Anyone who changes their team based on an account called "slow sports news" deserves all they get :lol:

I used up my wildcard :lol:

I know it was probably a dumb decision, but I had all of Solanke, Quansah and Barco in my team, and I wanted to make more changes on top of binning them too, I was really tempted to do it

This is what I got now

Untitled.png

I used up my wildcard :lol:

I know it was probably a dumb decision, but I had all of Solanke, Quansah and Barco in my team, and I wanted to make more changes on top of binning them too, I was really tempted to do it

This is what I got now

Untitled.png

I think that bench is asking for more problems in the next few weeks. Amad will be dropped, and I think it will be this week, and Brentford have quite a few CBs.

If I am wildcarding today, I want two decent options in the bench so I can save transfers.

I think that bench is asking for more problems in the next few weeks. Amad will be dropped, and I think it will be this week, and Brentford have quite a few CBs.

If I am wildcarding today, I want two decent options in the bench so I can save transfers.

I am thinking about putting in Greaves for Van den Berg, and/or putting in Rogers for Amad. I'm not sure Amad is getting benched yet, though.

I am thinking about putting in Greaves for Van den Berg, and/or putting in Rogers for Amad. I'm not sure Amad is getting benched yet, though.
Amad's mum has sadly passed away. He might not play tomorrow.

Does someone even have Rashy? 7 mil price is tempting.

every time i think i am out he pulls me back in