Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

FPL Fran are also TCing him and he is a very good manager who uses stats alot if that makes you feel better.
That’s good then. I’d imagine a lot of people will. Newly promoted Ipswich at home should be a lot of goals for most top teams that play them this season.

Flekken
Mazraoui Robinson Udogie
Salah Odegaard Nkunku Smith-Rowe Amad
Haaland Isak

Gk Konsa Solanke Barco.

Don't know whether to take a -4 on Solanke so that I've got more guaranteed minutes than Amad in midfield (Amad would then be on my bench)

Take a -8 and replace both Solanke and Amad

Or try and stumble through this week with the above side and pray Amad starts

Garnacho rumoured to be starting over Amad. No confidence in the rumour, just heard it. Currently watching an FPL streamer and one of his viewers said it. A few tweets saying it too now, don't know who these people are!

Wouldn't be surprising anyway. Amad not great last week and he announced a death in his family last night.

Fair enough mate. Just explaining reason behind some managers using TC and Bench Boost earlier. Many think Mystery chip will probably be a chip to use in DGW.
Oh yeah, I'm not surprised some are activating it, I just get scared about doing something like that so early. :lol:

Just seems absolutely mental to play the TC chip in week two even with Haaland at home to Ipswich. Just much prefer playing it in a DGW, still not a gurantee but it’s a safer bet imo. You’re going to want Haaland to hit 3-4 goals minimum for it not to feel like a bit of a flop. And you’ll also feel potentially under pressure later in the season if your league position is tight and your rivals have the TC to play and you don’t.

Resisting making any changes this week for more flexibility next week.
Giving Nkunko and Rashy another go, but both are on the concern list.

Just seems absolutely mental to play the TC chip in week two even with Haaland at home to Ipswich. Just much prefer playing it in a DGW, still not a gurantee but it’s a safer bet imo. You’re going to want Haaland to hit 3-4 goals minimum for it not to feel like a bit of a flop. And you’ll also feel potentially under pressure later in the season if your league position is tight and your rivals have the TC to play and you don’t.
Yep, while I've managed to get 3 points on a triple chip twice (!) and seen someone get 75 points for Aguero scoring 5 in a single...this one seems risky.

Very early days to be making big changes or use critical chips. Especially when chips seem to be used later and later by people to great effect every year.

Playing it in a DGW is not a bad idea.. I think what’s changed this year is (1) there won’t be many DGWs (2) they’ll be around cup and European games and said player may not play all games/minutes (3) we know Haaland is perfectly fit and fresh (no Euros) (4) there’s also the FH and wildcard chips… useful for DGWs (5) mystery chip might be what you use in a DGW too.

No exact right or wrong but can see why people might use it

I've got Sanchez and Hendo and going Sanchez for this little run of "green" fixtures they have.

Good luck!

To be honest, I was hoping Jorgensen would get the chance to start as early as this weekend, but just because Chelsea have favorable fixtures coming up, I'll take Sánchez too

That’s good then. I’d imagine a lot of people will. Newly promoted Ipswich at home should be a lot of goals for most top teams that play them this season.
Yeah it is a good fixture to push the TC if to be used on a normal GW i think :)
Oh yeah, I'm not surprised some are activating it, I just get scared about doing something like that so early. :lol:
I want to know what the Mystery chip is before i use it also just to be sure ;):angel::lol:

I've gone for it. TC Haaland

Haaland tends to score more goals in the first half of the season anyway. By the time its the second half, Man City tend to be more focused on just churning results out across all competitions. More rotation and then I also don't trust long term fitness.

Has a TC in a DWG ever been a safe bet? I don't recall Haaland doing well in any last year, but could be wrong.

You don’t need four goals for a TC chip not to be deemed a flop. If he gets two, he’s probably getting 3 BPS so 13 points… I think TCers would take that.

I got screwed by this guy. Can't for the life of me remember his name though. My brain has blocked the trauma out.

Who was that lad loads of people got in for a DGW (not saying they TCed him… some may have) and he got …. 1 or 2?

Some Watford player? @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein
A bunch of goons captained Denis on a dgw and he got a red in the first game.

Amazing players such as myself captained King and the 4 points (total as captain) he got felt like a haul :lol:

Has a TC in a DWG ever been a safe bet? I don't recall Haaland doing well in any last year, but could be wrong.
Salah was 3 seasons ago, Home to Norwich and Leeds, think he scored 28 points. Last season Haaland scored 8.

Ye but usually in double game weeks players get rotated as the fixtures pile up. Plus I don’t think Haaland did all to well in a double gameweek last season. Can’t remember though.

Got cold feet and ended up benching Amad. He's gonna haul today isn't he?

I named my FF team after garnacho and as a point of pride in my minileague have to keep him in my side all season. Sigh.

Mystery chip, free hit, up to 5 transfers banked and second half of the season wildcard should hopefully be enough to navigate what is only 2 guaranteed DGWs/BGW. Only my second season but this seems much easier even if the mystery chip ends up being a pile of wank. That's what I'm telling myself now anyway having TC'd.

The potential biggest one of all from last season (FA Cup 6th round) is no more due to the new FA Cup TV deal stating that the games won't clash with league fixtures.

The Carabao final one is relatively small.

No early rogue doubles. Luton v Burnley was off early doors last season due to Luton's ground not being finished. City v Brentford off when City were away the Club World Cup created another.

Salah was 3 seasons ago, Home to Norwich and Leeds, think he scored 28 points. Last season Haaland scored 8.

Yeah I just don't think it's a safe bet at all. If Haaland or Salah are in good form with a team who are poor defensively, it's as good a time as any. The fact that DGW normally means the have are code together and they tend to be at the business end of the season when players are more tired also plays into the pts total not being all that high for an individual player.