Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Some more price falls today

Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal) £6.9m
Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) £5.9m
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea) £6.4m
Cody Gakpo (Liverpool) £7.4m

It seems slightly mad that Lukaku is probably Chelsea's best striker still, yet on the way out.

Got 74 points in the end, very happy with that and some look like they'll rise in price soon too.

Livramento nailed if that happens? Started at the weekend anyway of course but that would cement his place even more unless they bringin a replacement. One to watch.

Meanwhile, Sepp van Der Berg could become a viable 4.0 defender. Fee of around £20m agreed for Liverpool to sell him to Brentford. Interest from Germany too. Would think at that price he'd be starting for them but you never know! Another to keep an eye on.

Some more price falls today

Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal) £6.9m
Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) £5.9m
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea) £6.4m
Cody Gakpo (Liverpool) £7.4m

Always thought price falls were based on loads of people selling but you can't imagine many would have bought these players

Porro trained today!

Not sure about other days, but he's been spotted on instagram training footage on Spurs' offical feed.

"Same! I'm going to get rid of him today, who is the best 4.0m to replace him? Alternatively, I could go for 4.5m defender but I'd rather leave the 0.5m in the bank"

Best 4,0 options: Harwood-Bellis, Greaves or Faes right now. Longterm might be Mosquera who plays for a better team, but his fixture doesn't turn good before GW9

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.
Curious why if his price is locked once he is out of the league and there is very little chance he will drop in price today or tomorrow, anybody is in a hurry to use a transfer on Barco. He should be your 5th defender and how many times do you use a 5th defender? You could just leave him on your bench til you wildcard.

For those who don't play with 3 strikers, Broja and Vardy could prove as top subs. 5.5 mil for starting strikers is a bargain

Curious why if his price is locked once he is out of the league and there is very little chance he will drop in price today or tomorrow, anybody is in a hurry to use a transfer on Barco. He should be your 5th defender and how many times do you use a 5th defender? You could just leave him on your bench til you wildcard.
I'm wondering how I managed to lose about 0.3m on Saliba that year he came in as a 4m option, and went on loan for a season if the price is locked the second they leave?!

I still rue that decision. Saliba or Holding. Saliba had come in for a tasty fee and was tipped to start.
Then instead Holding did and Saliba was sent off on loan :confused:

Since that seed was planted, I've come to the conclusion that, well, yeah. TC on Haaland it is!

The arguments for it are simply too good to ignore:

- His minutes will not be as secure later in the season with cups and european football.
- We know he's fit.
- He's allways been starting seasons hot.
Haaland first 5 appearances in the league every season since he moved to Dortmund:
20/21: 5 goals and 2 assists
21/22: 7 goals and 4 assists
22/23: 9 goals and 1 assist
23/24: 7 goals and 1 assist
- Using the chip now will avoid blocking better chips in future doubles
- Ownership is most likely at its lowest right now.
- It's a fantastic fixture (Missing Rodri is the only con)

If he blanks, I will still think it was the right decision.
Good logic and he’s a good choice no doubt - I’m just too afraid of feeling the season over for me if he blanks!

I'm wondering how I managed to lose about 0.3m on Saliba that year he came in as a 4m option, and went on loan for a season if the price is locked the second they leave?!

I still rue that decision. Saliba or Holding. Saliba had come in for a tasty fee and was tipped to start.
Then instead Holding did and Saliba was sent off on loan :confused:
Fantasy football scout has an article on Barco and the impact of him leaving the league. They list about 60 players who were sold or loaned to a team outside the Premier and showed that once they were red flagged as no longer playing in the Premier their price never changed. For some reason they never mentioned Saliba. Saliba was loaned out to clubs in France 3 times and the first time his price did drop from 4.5 to 4 but the other 2 times his price was locked. I wonder if it had something to do with the first loan was back to the club that Arsenal bought him from and he never even played in the Premier. I really don't know why Saliba dropped in price and nobody else did. Did Saliba ever really join Arsenal that first year or did he just stay at St. Etiennne?

Good logic and he’s a good choice no doubt - I’m just too afraid of feeling the season over for me if he blanks!

I mean, it’s not that big a chip. It will probably be worth an extra 15-20 points even if its played well.

Nkunku is starting in a very rotated Chelsea team.

Struggling to figure this one out.

Sounds bad, but then he started on the left v City, was replaced by Neto who is starting tonight and Mudryk who played on the left last season is also starting tonight.

Why do they have to have so many players? :lol:

Could be indicating Felix-Jackson-Palmer at the weekend I suppose, but you can't tell with this lot and so many of them can play multiple positions. Felix isn't registered for tonight anyway.

Last edited:
Struggling to figure this one out.

Sounds bad, but then he started on the left v City, was replaced by Neto who is starting tonight and Mudryk who played on the left last season is also starting tonight.

Why do they have to have so many players? :lol:

Could be indicating Felix-Jackson-Palmer at the weekend I suppose, but you can't tell with this lot and so many of them can play multiple positions. Felix isn't registered for tonight anyway.

Yep, unless Nkunko has a stormer very soon, he definitely looks to be top of the bin list.

I might get trigger happy asap, maybe to Doku, although that's playing with fire with a 100m Grealish as a rival, plus other options like playing Foden there.

Palmer grimacing, holding his hamstring and went straight down the tunnel after the match. If Palmer is out for awhile then Nkunku becomes more valuable

Where did they play Nkunku tonight out wide or through the middle

Hmmmm, itching to take a hit now with Nkunku, doesn’t give me confidence at all. Might just bite the bullet and get in ESR in.

Not paying 6,5 mil for 58 minutes in a shite team.

Hmmmm, itching to take a hit now with Nkunku, doesn’t give me confidence at all. Might just bite the bullet and get in ESR in.

Not paying 6,5 mil for 58 minutes in a shite team.
I am keeping for at least another game If Nkunku is played through the middle and Chelsea don't play with 3 defensive midfielders, Nkunku will be worth the price. If he is played out wide on Sunday and Neto starts and plays in front of him, I will bite the bullet and transfer him out.

I am keeping for at least another game If Nkunku is played through the middle and Chelsea don't play with 3 defensive midfielders, Nkunku will be worth the price. If he is played out wide on Sunday and Neto starts and plays in front of him, I will bite the bullet and transfer him out.

More worrying than him getting 58 minutes per game is how rubbish Chelsea look. Wolves will probably batter them.

That's basically where I'm at with it, he's got a decent fixture this week, had crap fixture 1st up so was always expecting a blank. Hopefully he scores early and gets his place nailed. Interesting to know he's penalty taker if Palmer is out as well

There's so many options though.
Jackson, Neto and Felix, with 2 of then recently signed and Jackson seemingly their first choice central guy.
That's forgetting the other 10 options they have across the front.

More worrying than him getting 58 minutes per game is how rubbish Chelsea look. Wolves will probably batter them.
Thought they looked quite alright at times against City. But yeah 60 minutes or fewer for Nkunku is a big concern. I’ll keep and see. Could also be potential for him with better players added (Neto)

I will be benching Nkunku this week anyway but I plan to remove him in GW3, do not see the point in having someone that is a massive rotation risk when there are other options out there.

Chelsea just have way too many players in attacking positions to make him worthwhile in FPL

I will be benching Nkunku this week anyway but I plan to remove him in GW3, do not see the point in having someone that is a massive rotation risk when there are other options out there.

Chelsea just have way too many players in attacking positions to make him worthwhile in FPL
Not touching any Chelsea players until they have a settled first team. But by then it might be too late anyway as they could have a new manager!

Things can change so quick in FPL.

If Solanke is out then i'd have to select Nkunku and have no real bench unless Johnson plays for Ipswich away to City !

That's buggered up my GW3 plans now, might have to bring in Doku this week.

Where's this Doku love in coming from? :lol:

I had him for a chunk of last season and he was utter garbage. Iirc he had one gw where he grabbed a huge haul and did nothing in the rest of them. I guess if he's gonna haul this season then this week might be a shout. Ipswich will probably play a back 5 though.

Is this chap reliable? (The tweeter, not @CassiusClaymore )!
Not sure he is actually.. I'm gonna delete it until there's something from a more trustworthy source.

Done a bit more digging and he wasn't spotted in any training videos so people might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Apparently he was on media duties at the time.

Not sure he is actually.. I'm gonna delete it until there's something from a more trustworthy source.

Done a bit more digging and he wasn't spotted in any training videos so people might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Apparently he was on media duties at the time.
Ah ok, thanks. Shall leave him in for now (which probably means everyone else should take him out).

Pickford
Saliba burn porro
palmer odegaard Amad Gordon
Haaland isak
Joao pedro first sub

Not very content with this, pickford probably needs the boot have barco on the bench as well. Any auggestions? no liverpool cover could severely sting me

Torn on using TC on Haaland already. Not that many (if any) DGWs this season and heavy rotation in latter stages of the league, but this also feels like such an obvious trap.

everton are a shambles defensively, no fit fullbacks, solanke as TC instead this week?